• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

Blastoise

Banned
I sucks that save games are encrypted. I can't use my personal game dumps to play on my Vita. Seems like Vitamin is just for piracy.

Condom

The dev community is blowing up now. I wonder if or when Sony is going to ban people like during the PS3 days.

Also I hate myself for not buying discounted memory cards when the oppertunity was there lol. I have little space for dumping my cartridge games while keeping my psn titles.

MUnited83

For you.
The dev community is blowing up now. I wonder if or when Sony is going to ban people like during the PS3 days.

Also I hate myself for not buying discounted memory cards when the oppertunity was there lol. I have little space for dumping my cartridge games while keeping my psn titles.

I have a 64GB card and still have trouble managing it :p

Joey Ravn

Banned
The fake SCEA license installer from a week or so ago has been released. I can't post a link for obvious reasons (or, well, I dunno, but I'd rather be safe than sorry) and it seems that it only works with one game (UNO) for the time being.

But, hey. It's a start.

Has there ever been a discount on 64 GB cards which were never made officially available outside of Japan?

Did a miss a change somewhere with Henkaku?

My molecule shell doesn't show all the folders it used to. I can't find any of the folders with my VHBL stuff.

fvng

I literally only want to play the ps1/psp games i've legitimately purchased from psn that for some reason aren't white listed (Looking at you Phantasy Star Portable 2 and R-Type Delta)

I sucks that save games are encrypted. I can't use my personal game dumps to play on my Vita. Seems like Vitamin is just for piracy.
It is. With high memorycard prices and low PSN prices it shouldn't be very interesting for alot of other people. If people wanted digital only thet could...

Aeana

The fake SCEA license installer from a week or so ago has been released. I can't post a link for obvious reasons (or, well, I dunno, but I'd rather be safe than sorry) and it seems that it only works with one game (UNO) for the time being.

But, hey. It's a start.
A start for what?

Athreous

For getting your physical or non-PSN PSP/PSX games on your Vita. An alternative to an ePSP kernel exploit, if it pans out as promised.

You can fake a SCEA license, so you can boot an "unofficial" copy of a PSP or PSX game without needing a kernel exploit.

Is this tested?

Will it work with games that arent on PSN? like Crisis Core?

Joey Ravn

Banned
Is this tested?

Will it work with games that arent on PSN? like Crisis Core?

That was exactly the point of my post: it only works for UNO "right now". If it is developed as the developer claims it will, it will probably work for many games, if not all. I would have to assume that Crisis Core would be one of them.

It may end up being nothing. Nobody can say for certain at the moment.

Athreous

That was exactly the point of my post: it only works for UNO "right now". If it is developed as the developer claims it will, it will probably work for many games, if not all. I would have to assume that Crisis Core would be one of them.

Thank you!

I tried to look for some info, but my work blocks most of the hack sites >_<

BigEmil

Man this is my one and only most important feature I have my Vita Henkaku'd for, waiting for all my dumped PSP/PS1 isos to be playable on Vita which aren't on PSN

KAL2006

Banned
Okay so I'm late to the party on this. My Vita is 3.60. Is the OP up to date when it comes to the hack. All I wanna do is be able to install retroarch

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Okay so I'm late to the party on this. My Vita is 3.60. Is the OP up to date when it comes to the hack. All I wanna do is be able to install retroarch

Yes. If you are already on 3.60 the process is extremely simple. It hasn't changed much since the first release.

I literally just wanna play all my psn ps1/psp games on Vita which is ironic considering they ran just fine on its predecessor psp.

Second thing is I hope the process to decrypt encrypted saves is streamlined into a homebrew app so I can stop lugging around carts.For people using dumps I recommend not syncing trophies to psn also those with small memory cards or little space theres a PC app that lets you install vpk's directly over FTP.

Lastly make sure to grab the offline installer i find it more reliable and try to save before idling games to be safe from corrupted saves.Also the latest henkau has no update blocker due to issues with people losing saves so becareful with updating or stay offline.

Dumb question: Does Retroarch support .sav files yet? Last version I installed I had to use savestates as none of my games would save otherwise.

Out of these options what would you recommend:

Hacked N3DS
GPD XD
Hacked Vita

The fact that the GPD come with everything preloaded is a huge plus but I wonder if the better build quality of the Vita/N3DS is worth the extra hustle (I hate tinkering shit)

Joey Ravn

Banned
There's apparently methods that remove that and you don't need anything but the space required.

I haven't tried it yet, but VitaOrganizer 0.3 can (allegedly) install VPKs over FTP, so you don't have to have enough free space for the VPK and the installed game.

Hacked N3DS
GPD XD
Hacked Vita

The fact that the GPD come with everything preloaded is a huge plus but I wonder if the better build quality of the Vita/N3DS is worth the extra hustle (I hate tinkering shit)

Depends on the goal. I would say new 3ds

Hacked N3DS
GPD XD
Hacked Vita

Depends on system preference Vita can play most emulators except N64 and psp/ps1 (coming soon surely) however psn has some psp/ps1 games.The 3ds can play same emu as Vita but can run some games better due to it using built in 3ds emulators and ofcourse ds/3ds games and freeshop aka free eshop.

I have both on the emulator side they're basically the same EXCEPT its alot easier moving files via PC and sd card than a Vita mem card via FTP(large fikes take hours).

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I have a maybe already answered question, with henkaku can i update my trophies?
I have actually uninstalled henkaku but i'll install soon again, when i try to update my trophies vita asks me to update... With henkaku will i be able to update trophies? What about all the other psn operations?

Hacked N3DS
GPD XD
Hacked Vita

I can only speak for vita, vita homebrew scene is still young and many emulators need to be optimized and other needs to be made(c64 and amiga for example :( ) but imo there's a lot of potential and vita's dpad is really perfect.

Question. I got another brand new Vita. I assume it's on a 3.60 or less FW.

What should be the steps in order to get my older MemCard (with Henkaku) working on this Vita?

EDIT: nvm, I got it... it was surprisingly easy.

Top Bottom