• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

KAL2006

Banned
I have vitashell install. I don't understand this FTP stuff. Can anyone help me. I just want retroarch on my vita and only have my Vita and Android phone. Can I download with my android phone and sent Retroarch to Vita from my phone.

Joey Ravn

Banned
VitaOrganizer 0.4 released.

Changelog said:
  • Improved row selection
  • Supported translations (please, go to github if you want to translate to your own language)
  • Show file in explorer/finder
  • Show PSF dialog
  • Version column useful for homebrew
  • Repack : Compression 9 + Remove duplicates + Make it safe (for backups done with older versions of vitamin, or homebrew done with older versions of vitasdk or without -s but that do not require special permissions)
  • Queue tasks (not displaying yet, but already allows to queue)
  • Added menus that will provide more features in future versions
  • Lots of internal improvements

Joey Ravn

Banned
Can i just delete the Molecular shell bubble if i got the Vitashell bubble?

I guess you can, but I wouldn't recommend it. You wouldn't be able to update your HENkaku if you don't have the molecularShell bubble (or the offline installer bubble). You can delete the VitaShell bubble, since it's the same as what molecularShell uses.

Edit: Speak of the devil!

VitaShell 1.0 released.

• Added audio player with .MP3 and .OGG support (Press /\ to turn off the display while listening to music. Graphics by Valle).
  • Added changelog to the VitaShell bubble (press /\ or hold the bubble of VitaShell in the livearea).
  • Added ability to resume to the directory you've last visted before exiting VitaShell).
  • Leaving to livearea or suspending the device does no longer corrupt an IO process anymore (while copying things you can now leave VitaShell and resume).
  • Improved text editor and added search feature to context menu (press /).
  • Fixed bug where copying to different partitions didn't work.
  • Fixed network update bug.

You need to update it through VPK to re-enable in-app updating, unfortunately.

Has anyone tried the Amphetamin plugin which allows you to overclock the GPU (only works on dumped games)? There certainly seem to be a noticeable boost in performance in various games.
Borderlands 2 w/ the overclock: Improved frame rate on PS Vita by overclocking Amphetamin Plugin
Here's a list of games that are confirmed to have better performance from overclocking: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...G_k/edit#gid=0
IIRC, GPU overclocking has been incorporated into Henkaku itself, so you don't need the plugin.

IIRC, GPU overclocking has been incorporated into Henkaku itself, so you don't need the plugin.

Can it be activated on non-dumped games? This would be great for those janky Gust ports.

If not, what's the process to dump a digital game like, and how can I make sure to bring my save over as well?

Joey Ravn

Banned
it sucks that piracy has outshadowed homebrew/emulators these past few weeks :(

Starting to put me off henkaku altogether

I don't know why. I'm positively sure that the people working on emulators and stuff don't bother with piracy, nor the other way around. It's not like one is canceling the other. You're free to continue using HENkaku, accessing the PSN as usual, and enjoying emulators without engaging in piracy...

emulator and homebrew development didn't suddenly come to a screeching halt because of piracy. If you don't want piracy, then look for emulators. I don't understand the hysterics.

MUnited83

For you.
I dont see how piracy is overshadowing anything really. Theres like one app in current development that allows for it, and one another one that isnt being worked on. And both of those have legit uses. Developers of other homebrew are still developing that homebrew and updating it, they didnt move to piracy.

Piracy on the Vita doesnt even seem all that popular to begin with. A look at the most popular torrent websites in the internet shows that its a pathetically tiny scene.

Joey Ravn

Banned
I agree. I just wanted some fun homebrew... Piracy is not what makes this interesting... :(

... and you're getting some fun homebrew. Case in point: VitaShell 1.0 has a full-fledged music player. RetroArch is continuously being worked on. HENkaku R6 introduced GPU overclocking.

Neither this topic nor /r/vitahacks are focused on piracy. If you're not getting cool homebrew is because you're not looking for it.

BigEmil

I dont see how piracy is overshadowing anything really. Theres like one app in current development that allows for it, and one another one that isnt being worked on. And both of those have legit uses. Developers of other homebrew are still developing that homebrew and updating it, they didnt move to piracy.

Piracy on the Vita doesnt even seem all that popular to begin with. A look at the most popular torrent websites in the internet shows that its a pathetically tiny scene.
No piracy is actually pretty big on Vita I don't think I'm allowed to link those places or talk about it but there's many dedicated places for piracy for Vita unfortunately.

Is there even piracy on Vita...? On /r/vitahacks or /hbg/ I haven't seen any at least.

But them emulators though... Nothing like playing DKC on the subway. The only thing it's missing is PSP and PS1 emulation to dump my VFX-2 disc and Omega Boost.

RalchAC

Are there any news about Vita TV external drive support or something like that? It would be absolutely great if it was possible.

Is there even piracy on Vita...? On /r/vitahacks or /hbg/ I haven't seen any at least.

But them emulators though... Nothing like playing DKC on the subway. The only thing it's missing is PSP and PS1 emulation to dump my VFX-2 disc and Omega Boost.

Yeah, there is. r/vitahacks doesn't have any piracy stuff because they decided to create a separate subreddit for those purposes.

Necro900

I've only followed the few days after release, so forgive if I'm not updated: has anyone found a way to keep HENkaku even after turning the PSVita off?

horkrux

No piracy is actually pretty big on Vita I don't think I'm allowed to link those places or talk about it but there's many dedicated places for piracy for Vita unfortunately.

Piracy is big for everything (if possible). Doesn't mean that it 'overshadows' homebrew development or has somehow driven out all developers trying to make them.

Is there anyone working on all-purppse media player for the Vita, btw?
Someone should do a good web browser.
There's a list of requested homebrew on GBATemp with VLC and Opera Browser on there, so it might happen.
I've only followed the few days after release, so forgive if I'm not updated: has anyone found a way to keep HENkaku even after turning the PSVita off?
I think Henkaku Offline Installer does that.

killatopak

Gold Member
... and you're getting some fun homebrew. Case in point: VitaShell 1.0 has a full-fledged music player. RetroArch is continuously being worked on. HENkaku R6 introduced GPU overclocking.

Neither this topic nor /r/vitahacks are focused on piracy. If you're not getting cool homebrew is because you're not looking for it.

R6 as in the current version? My Henkaku is the September 6 one. I'd certainly like to see if there's a difference. Does this work on cartridge games? My SRW Z3.1 takes forever to quick load.

Joey Ravn

Banned
R6 as in the current version? My Henkaku is the September 6 one. I'd certainly like to see if there's a difference. Does this work on cartridge games? My SRW Z3.1 takes forever to quick load.

R6 was released... yesterday or today, I guess. You must dump your games to be able to use the OC functions, unfortunately. You need to have a decrypted game to be able to use plugins.

"Pretty big"? What? PSP piracy was "pretty big". It doesn't matter if there are "many" places dedicated to Vita piracy. It's a very small subset of homebrew users, which in turn is a very small subset of Vita users. Just to see it more clearly, /r/vitahacks has double the amount of subscribers of the piracy subreddit.

There's more widespread 3DS piracy than there will ever be Vita piracy. Don't overblow things. And it definitely isn't affecting the development of homebrew for Vita.

killatopak

Gold Member
R6 was released... yesterday or today, I guess. You must dump your games to be able to use the OC functions, unfortunately. You need to have a decrypted game to be able to use plugins.

Sigh. Dumping takes forever and uses up my memory space. Does it work automatically or do you have to turn on a setting or something?

Dumped and OC'd my copy of Gravity Rush, the game performed pretty well beforehand but with minor framedrops here and there, but with OC'ing the framedrops were even further diminished. So as long as you don't mind taking a recharging break every couple hours the thing is a net win.

Dumped and OC'd my copy of Gravity Rush, the game performed pretty well beforehand but with minor framedrops here and there, but with OC'ing the framedrops were even further diminished. So as long as you don't mind taking a recharging break every couple hours the thing is a net win.

Is the OC plugin built into the new henkaku or do i still have to download and install it?

I'm 99% sure I have 3.6 on my pstv.

If I use the webbrower to install this wont it make me update?

Also is there anyway I can de-link my ps account from this so I don't get banned. I literally want to make this my dedicated emulator player.

gwarm01

Also is there anyway I can de-link my ps account from this so I don't get banned. I literally want to make this my dedicated emulator player.

What systems can the Vita reliably emulate? I also have a PSTV just collecting dust. It would be nice to have such a compact emulation machine that uses Dual Shock controllers. I still have a modded OG X-Box hooked up.

What systems can the Vita reliably emulate? I also have a PSTV just collecting dust. It would be nice to have such a compact emulation machine that uses Dual Shock controllers. I still have a modded OG X-Box hooked up.
Everything up to snes. The newer machines are not possible..

Snes speed is not 100%..

Shaneus

Does dumping still let you use the same local saves as if it were just a downloaded game?

And I assume you can "dump" digital titles? I have Wipeout 2048 and would like to see what an overclock will do to that game, but it's only digital (ie. not a cart/card).

You can disable psn login in settings and not worry about bans

killatopak

Gold Member
They're not focused on it but it is heavily prevalent. Here, reddit, wololo etc. Getting tiresome reading through dozens of posts about "backups" and save issues

What? There are legal functions that can only be gotten by dumping our own games. Most notably is the GPU overclocking and using cwcheats. We can't really use it without dumping and playing back ups has a problem with save files.

But sure generalize everything.

Joey Ravn

Banned
They're not focused on it but it is heavily prevalent. Here, reddit, wololo etc. Getting tiresome reading through dozens of posts about "backups" and save issues

On Reddit there is a specific subreddit devoted to piracy, with none of that allowed on the primary /r/vitahacks subreddit. Wololo has a explicit rule against linking Vitamin and other dumping programs in its articles. And, obviously, there's no illegal content being distributed on NeoGAF. So, yeah. And just FYI, the only way to access cheats and CPU/GPU overclocking is by dumping your games. Vitamin et al have totally legit uses, whether you like it or not.

You're free to update to 6.31 and be done with homebrew if you so desire, though.

MUnited83

For you.

Well, that's on you for automatically thinking anyone who asks those questions is a pirate.

If I log out, can I still access the currently installed games I've got? Not likely to install any more but I've got a load on there I've paid good money for and I'd still like to play.

Yes. You can access em. You can no longer sync trophies.
Just to be clear. Henkaku allows psn sign in but we don't know if that will ban you

Top Bottom