• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Neki

Halycon said:
Is his ult centered on himself?

Because if it is S2 could always make it a delayed spell. So he can cast it, then blink at the last second to maximize it's effectiveness.

make him more of a magmus clone? lol.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Ultimoo said:
make him more of a magmus clone? lol.
He's already a lackluster magmus clone. Unless they want to do a complete revamp might as well being him up to par :3

I also like the idea of his Quicksand boosting the effects of his other skills. I assume Sandstorm was designed to be used in conjunction with his ult, but I never see anyone do it. Perhaps the delayed time is too long?

Halycon said:
Is his ult centered on himself?

Because if it is S2 could always make it a delayed spell. So he can cast it, then blink at the last second to maximize it's effectiveness.
Better yet make his ult castable on hero, boom viable!

Haly

PillowKnight said:
Better yet make his ult castable on hero, boom viable!
That would be very interesting and fun. And maybe just slightly overpowered.

Cast Ult on Nymph. Port team. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Hey guys, sorry this thing you spent money on isn't working. To apologize, we're going to give you more stuff to spend money on this Wednesday!

delirium

Halycon said:
I don't get it :(

Are they shops or what.
It's some idiot trolling by impersonating S2Maliken. He was bragging about how he did it over on Reddit. I bet he's going to bitch and whine when he gets banned for it also.

Haly

Oooooooh.

Clever.

Hope he was using a free account.

delirium

What I find interesting is the fact that many people belief that it was for even when it was pretty obvious (what does it tell you about S2's image). You would think S2 would change it so that people couldn't do this anymore. It's not good for their already damaged image to be fucked by someone trying to get a few shits and giggles.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Out of their hands or not, it's been screw up after screw up for a couple months now. If S2 says something disappointing, I'm sure most people take will it as truth. Because that's just been their experience, be it EA rage (unfounded IMO!), server instability or whatever, the troll ammo just keep coming.

Nome

It's basically a downward spiral in terms of PR for us. We have only one person working in marketing unfortunately. Gamers are very hard to get to change their mind once they've made up their opinions, and really, I don't blame them. It's embarrassing to be plagued with this many problems, and if I could do something about them, I would, but I'm just the lead designer and all of this is completely over my head. Small things add up :(

Recon

Banned
Nome said:
It's basically a downward spiral in terms of PR for us. We have only one person working in marketing unfortunately. Gamers are very hard to get to change their mind once they've made up their opinions, and really, I don't blame them. It's embarrassing to be plagued with this many problems, and if I could do something about them, I would, but I'm just the lead designer and all of this is completely over my head. Small things add up :(

Question, does most of the S2 staff work in Kalamazoo now?

Recon

Banned
Nome said:
Roughly half. The entire art team is in Rohnert Park, California--they make up the half that's not.

Ah ok, funny story, i was taking a back way to Kalamazoo, and i accidentally passed by your offices. I thought someone ripped off your Gorilla logo, then i found out you guys moved there, lol.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I always found it funny how when something goes wrong, I go to the forums for info, and the forums are down. I go to the only other source I know, the twitter feed, and there's nothing there. Communication definitely isn't fluid.

Kapura

Banned
Oh man, i kinda feel bad for S2 except that I hate everything about the concept of early access heroes so I'm really just waiting for dota2 at this point. HoN used to be the modern competitive dota clone, but they fucked that up with free to play and no chance to have new players access the real pool in a meaningful way. I'm pretty sure the goblin store would have been able to print enough money with simply skins and other content that didn't actually affect the game, but NOPE EARLY ACCESS EL OH EL.

dammit gaben toss some phat keys my way

Guesong

Kapura said:
Oh man, i kinda feel bad for S2 except that I hate everything about the concept of early access heroes so I'm really just waiting for dota2 at this point. HoN used to be the modern competitive dota clone, but they fucked that up with free to play and no chance to have new players access the real pool in a meaningful way. I'm pretty sure the goblin store would have been able to print enough money with simply skins and other content that didn't actually affect the game, but NOPE EARLY ACCESS EL OH EL.

dammit gaben toss some phat keys my way

Yes, all those Early Access Geomancers are really ruining my day.

I don't know. I see the point, but so far I don't think the game has been "ruined" by Early Access so much ; then again, maybe I don't play enough MMR. But I've not seen a Master of Arms rolling thru everything, nor Monkey King, nor Geomancer. At least not more than what any other already available hero might be able to cause.

Kapura

Banned
I'm just upset that even somebody who has supported the game like me (played beta, bought an account at retail, signed somebody else up, bought cold coins) still can't play the full pool without a delay or by paying MORE money into the system. It's like, shit, why did I even pay for this game?

Haly

My Opinion:
It was a necessary business move. Late? Perhaps. But if Dota 2 was released F2P, HoN would take such a beating that S2 might have to abandon it altogether. The new business model is meant to prolong the short term profitability of HoN in anticipation of the release of Dota2, acting as kind of buffer against the inevitable storm.

And maybe they have a new plan for HoN (as part of their 3.0 or 4.0 update) to diverge from the Dota formula as much as LoL did. If so, the business model change would just be the start of a game-wide overhaul, designed to carve out a niche in the genre so they can escape the shadow of Dota proper.

I would much rather be a Legacy member with this Early Access junk, than to own a full account on a game they can no longer afford to update.

Swag

Kapura said:
I'm just upset that even somebody who has supported the game like me (played beta, bought an account at retail, signed somebody else up, bought cold coins) still can't play the full pool without a delay or by paying MORE money into the system. It's like, shit, why did I even pay for this game?
You really aren't missing out on much at all with EA heroes, having played them all, they really aren't something to write home about in comparison to the rest of the pool

bzm

Sebulon3k said:
You really aren't missing out on much at all with EA heroes, having played them all, they really aren't something to write home about in comparison to the rest of the pool
what about that midas who owned you mid yesterday?
cyacya

Kapura

Banned
Sebulon3k said:
Not every hero will be silhouette. The fact that there are two pay- for heroes at any given time (more next week, apparently) rustles my jimmies.

Haly

For what it's worth, Midas is a super fun and well designed hero.

Kapura said:
Not every hero will be silhouette. The fact that there are two pay- for heroes at any given time (more next week, apparently) rustles my jimmies.

I think the current hero pool is large enough that not playing one or two for a month won't ruin your HoN experience. There are still quite a few new-ish heroes that I haven't played.

Plus it's probably S2's most reliable source of income (it's not like everyone's chomping at the bit to buy access tokens or a new alt avatar).

Recon

Banned
Midas is really only imba early-mid. Late game his only real usefulness is that stun. Ive won almost game ive played with him, and he is super fun. But i dont think he really needs a nerf.

Lone_Prodigy said:
He actually has no issues with mana. 3 Intelligence gain per level quickly alleviates any issues you'd think he actually has.

And his late game viability is as strong as the items you get on him. He can farm like an absolute beast so it's easy to semi-carry by getting good items. He's pretty beefy with average strength gain as well.

Neki

ReconYoda said:
Midas is really only imba early-mid. Late game his only real usefulness is that stun. Ive won almost game ive played with him, and he is super fun. But i dont think he really needs a nerf.
get a sheep stick and he can almost 1v1 anyone without a bkb.

Best way to counter swag.

pick swiftblade and voodoojester, he has no idea how to face that lane. He will just feed and stay lvl 5 for 20 minutes of the game GG

ISMGW.jpg

Your score is almost as good as mine, just missing that 1 in the front.

Swag

PuppetYuber said:
pick swiftblade and voodoojester, he has no idea how to face that lane. He will just feed and stay lvl 5 for 20 minutes of the game GG
Pick Parasite, Make codex, Feed on Trash, fail team when it matters, typical Puppet Game?

Swag: wtf 0 deny all game.

I HEARD YOU CAN DENY JUNGLE CREEPS BRO!

If you want to learn how NOT to play accursed, download that replay; on par with his big pro gauntlet plays.

PuppetYuber said:
Best way to counter swag.

Your score is almost as good as mine, just missing that 1 in the front.
:lol hilarious post game chat. Also, 900+ xpm swiftblade, what is this casual mode?

Top Bottom