• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Recon

Banned
PoorFate said:
Well, I got my first Immortal today in a normal game. Carried my team with Geomancer.

He's pretty fun to play.

The best parts with an Immortal is how your team usually rallies around you and tries to get you those last few kills. I only have about 5 immortals and 4 annihilations, its just awesome having a game go that well.

Yeah, I built Sorc Ring/Steamboots/Helm of the Black Legion/Hellflower and something else I think.

I had good damage output along with pretty much unlimited mana. I just went around ganking as soon as I got the Sorcery Ring. The hellflower silence was very useful against Swiftblade who seemed to like spinning out of my slow/ultimate.

I found out afterwards you can use abilities during the Dig animation. Would of been useful to know beforehand.

ReconYoda said:
The best parts with an Immortal is how your team usually rallies around you and tries to get you those last few kills. I only have about 5 immortals and 4 annihilations, its just awesome having a game go that well.

Yes, I did notice my teammates would crowd around me a lot, especially when I was close to the 15.

Although I think that usually happens to whoever gets a lot of kills. I think people figure their chances of dieing are less if they are with the person on their team who has the most kills, which makes sense I guess.

Guesong

delirium said:
I'm the only person that rolled Tank, Tomat is the only one that rolled Healer, and everyone else rolled DPS. GG.
`
As I said, it really doesn't matter cause you can unlock every soul at like level 15, as well as dual/triple/quad spec.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
delirium said:
I'm the only person that rolled Tank, Tomat is the only one that rolled Healer, and everyone else rolled DPS. GG.

We're surrounded by idiots with big egos. GG.

Tomat

Im trying to figure out which souls to use, since Im going to need an offense soul.

Just picked up Druid but it looks like they're melee oriented which is an odd mix for the rest of my spells. Guess I'll have to check out the forums to find a good combo.

Phandy

delirium said:

This is HoNGAF, what did you expect?
Your lucky you even got a healer. 4 carrys and a tank = viable.

Tomat

So we're canceling IHL for RIFT right?

In fact, Moody should change the thread title to RIFTGaf

I don't see anything wrong with talking in here, seeing as its a hongaf community thread...and that's us!

I'm probably gonna go with healer, but i can go tank if we really need some.

Tomat

DD? Hardly. I'm excited to play RIFT for a bit and I got folks sayin we're all wasting our time and that we're gonna quit in a week.

I'm being positive here :p

PillowKnight said:
I don't see anything wrong with talking in here, seeing as its a hongaf community thread...and that's us!

I'm probably gonna go with healer, but i can go tank if we really need some.
I think Moustachio is going to play a Cleric tank, so that puts us up to two. I'm the only healer right now. Play whatever you want, but another healer wouldn't hurt.

rac

Banned
Tomat said:
DD? Hardly. I'm excited to play RIFT for a bit and I got folks sayin we're all wasting our time and that we're gonna quit in a week.

I'm being positive here :p
tomat I'm disappointed. You are supposed to keep everyone in check and have them keep playing ihl games. Now you turn around and start playing some shitty mmo, smh. I need to get a mod up in this thread for some bannings. Wait, moody is in on this too? wtf hongaf, wtf

Kaper

I'm bummed that you guys are playing RIFT, as I am all RIFTed out. A friend persuaded me to play last June, and I was not impressed. It plays way too much like WoW, every soul I used just felt like I was mashing buttons and those button presses just didn't feel like I was actually doing damage. Combined with the fact that armor graphics are just so meh, it's shiny new game smell wore out fast. I liked the pvp modes, and the rift events, but that was pretty much it.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
It's easily the best WoW clone to come out, I guess if you've had enough WoW then it's not worth playing. Renewed my account for a month, as I'm sure everyone will be over it by then.

Guesong

Sebulon3k said:
People hella salty in here over the rift popularity.

I don't mind at all, but Sunday night used to be a prime time to play some IH with you guys, some LEAAAAGUE, and now everyone is Rifting.

If you guys keep it up for the next month, then we'll have 2 weeks remaining till IHL is over.

IceMarker

Sebulon3k said:
Inception?
We have to go deeper... an IHL within an IHL.

QfTOQ.gif

delirium

Guesong said:
I don't mind at all, but Sunday night used to be a prime time to play some IH with you guys, some LEAAAAGUE, and now everyone is Rifting.

If you guys keep it up for the next month, then we'll have 2 weeks remaining till IHL is over.
RIFT is getting old fast because people are leveling up way too fast or too slow. I give it maybe another week.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Man, HoNGAF plays GW2 is going to be so awesome.

We can roll around GvG yelling "CYA MIA BIG PLAYS GET DUMPSTERED".

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It would be better if it was completely classless. Like you could mix rogue with cleric.

But right now it's just "create your favorite WoW class".

Top Bottom