• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Nome said:
DarnYak is a baller. I spoke to him (and other EotA guys) often when I was playing the map actively. He actually just sent me an AIM message today.

Honestly, I'd probably be pushing for him to get a career in game design if he weren't heading towards a successful career in law. He just graduated this past week!
lol aaaaaaaaaw darn (haha get it?! darn?! =D) that's too bad, really would've loved to see him on the S2 team haha. It's cool that you guys still keep in touch though, maybe he'll get bored of law and head into the gaming industry haha *fingers crossed*! =D

delirium

Nome said:
DarnYak is a baller. I spoke to him (and other EotA guys) often when I was playing the map actively. He actually just sent me an AIM message today.

Honestly, I'd probably be pushing for him to get a career in game design if he weren't heading towards a successful career in law. He just graduated this past week!
I think Demigod had the ability to upgrade your base and creep using gold (although upgrading creep was a bad idea since it spawns more creep giving your opponents more gold). They also added some interesting mechanics like capturing neutral flags/buildings.

NukeDukem

Banned
Meeru said:
27" monitor

timetofap.jpg

question..
I've bougt Hon but played close to zicht, (say 2 match so far in over 8 months) since i was still drawn into LoL..
so, caustic comment about LoL aside, is there a decent Hon guide/champion build site like solomid/leaguecraft?
I'm looking for a 22:30-->00:30 timesink during the working days and while i love LoL and all, i'm just farming IP for last champs atm..
Currently in LoL i'd say i'm
ok with tank
good with ability power carry (melee or ranged, pref ranged)
decent with attack damage carry (actually i'm good with melee AD carry, but i suck with ranged melee carry)
good with support
from each category which hero would you recommend to start with?

TUSR

Banned
witchedwiz said:
question..
I've bougt Hon but played close to zicht, (say 2 match so far in over 8 months) since i was still drawn into LoL..
so, caustic comment about LoL aside, is there a decent Hon guide/champion build site like solomid/leaguecraft?
I'm looking for a 22:30-->00:30 timesink during the working days and while i love LoL and all, i'm just farming IP for last champs atm..
Currently in LoL i'd say i'm
ok with tank
good with ability power carry (melee or ranged, pref ranged)
decent with attack damage carry (actually i'm good with melee AD carry, but i suck with ranged melee carry)
good with support
from each category which hero would you recommend to start with?
I recommend you start with playing possibly a support hero and get the game figured out, there are a lot of similarities between LoL and HoN that you think you could just jump ship and be a pro, but chances are you won't be. A lot of guides are built online, and the new shop in-game describes heroes and what they do and has their recommended items. I highly suggest just learning through trial and error, you need to figure out what heroes do what so you can have a good view of your opponents.

If you want to get a game in, im usually online after 4:00PM west coast time, name is TUSR

Squire Felix said:
I recommend you start with playing possibly a support hero and get the game figured out, there are a lot of similarities between LoL and HoN that you think you could just jump ship and be a pro, but chances are you won't be. A lot of guides are built online, and the new shop in-game describes heroes and what they do and has their recommended items. I highly suggest just learning through trial and error, you need to figure out what heroes do what so you can have a good view of your opponents.

If you want to get a game in, im usually online after 4:00PM west coast time, name is TUSR
i'm nothing like "zomg i'm pro look at me" but I'm good to go pretty much in every match :)
That being said I'll take your advice and start with support hero..
actually i'm on eu, are us and eu server shared for hon? name's witchedwiz84...
I'm actually looking for a few sites with map description&important points to get some ropes on map awareness in hon (most likely where are the "ambush spots", what are the neutral creeps and if they spawn @ fixed location or rotate in type, if there's any creep that gives some ulterior buff on death... basically i'm trying to see if there's any similarity map-wise between hon and lol)...
I'll try to do some games tonight

IceMarker

Version 2.0.34/35
"Think of it as two for the price of one!"
-------------
- Added Custom Account Icons!
* Purchasable in the store. Upload an icon on the website at http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/icons to see it ingame
- Added Alt Couriers!
* Can now change the courier ingame into a different model
* Note: The "Goblin Farm" Bundle is not Gold Collection even though it has that label in the store. The Bundle deal is available for one week.
- Added Alt Taunt!
* Gore Taunt added
* You must purchase the original Taunt before you can purchase an Alt Taunt
- When downloading replays, the progress bar will now properly display a % sign
- You can now purchase stat resets and sub accounts in the store with Gold coins
- Store UI significantly updated
- Updated some stringtables
- Fixed an issue with stat resets that incorrectly reset some fields
- You can now click a subaccount in the dropdown menu to switch to it

- All Melee heroes now all have 128 Attack Range
- Non-lethal damage can no longer get credit for kills (For real)
- Increased the movespeed of some of the Neutrals under 300 Movespeed to 300
- Leash time all Neutrals lowered from 7 seconds to 5.25 seconds

- Forests of Caldavar have been changed
* Kongor area widened to make it more 'even', including a new Legion ramp in the area
* Vision blockers of Kongor's lair removed

== Items ==

In-game Shop changes
- Significant upgrades to the smoothness of the shop when changing panels quickly
* Funfact: If you close the guide using the red button on the left the shop will only be one single panel when you open it. Much smaller!!
- Fixed not having recommended items when playing the same hero twice in a row if you failed to retrieve a guide
- There is now a default guide for when your connection to the Database decides to use the Failboat
- Outpost no longer contains a Pickled Brain
- Added 5 "Quickslot" item spots in the upper left partof the shop
* Shift + left click an item in the shop then click one of the slots to save that item to a slot
* Right click an item in your inventory and click one of the slots to save that item to a slot
* You can always buy from the quickslots and which items are there persist between games
* Useful for items like Homecoming Stones, a specific type of boots you want, potions, etc.

- Secret Shop removed
* Items that were purchasable in this shop are now purchasable in the main base
* Secret Shop renamed to Legendary Shop
- At the old Secret Shop location, the building is now replaced with an Observatory
- Observatory contain 1 item: Wards of Sight
* Wards seen in the Observatory are shared with the ones in your main base in stock

- Nullfire level 1 back to a 12s cooldown
* Level 2 is still 20s
- Fix to giving Insanitarious to other players and it bugged out terribly (LOL)

== Heroes ==

- Added a new Premium Alt Avatar for Ra: King Ra

Amun-Ra
- Optimized his abilities
- Fixed Ashes to Ashes so it does Magic DoT damage
- Fixed Ashes to Ashes retaining all charges when he dies; he no longer retains them after death
- Fixed Pyroclasmic Rebirth so it won't interact with Vindicator's Int Sap/Devourer's Str gain
- Removed the bad icon

Blood Hunter
- Rebalanced
- +15 Starting Movespeed (305 to 320)
- Blood Crazy duration nerfed from 6/9/12/15 to 6/7/8/9
- Blood Crazy damage to 20/s flat. Separated into a debuff and a buff, so that you can rid yourself of the negative element with a purge, or rid an enemy of the positive element with the purge
- Blood Sense now activates off allied heroes as well, but not self
- Hemorrhage changed to superior magic damage, damage values increased by 25%

Fayde
- Fixed the sound from Deep Shadows playing at ear-killing levels

Keeper of the Forest rework
- Starting STR reduced to 25 from 27
- STR/level reduced to 3 from 3.4
- Camouflage
* Renamed to Nature's Veil
* Now gives BOTH Camouflage and old Nature's Protection effects (invises near trees and gives the armor/regen buff)
* Duration for both buffs changed to 10/20/30/40 seconds
* Nature's Protection component now gives a flat 4 Health Regeneration and 6/8/10/12 Armor
* Mana cost to a flat 60
* Cooldown to a flat 5 seconds
* 500 cast range
- Tree Sight
* Removed, replaced with Animate Forest
- Animate Forest
* 130 Mana cost, 30 second cooldown, 700 cast range
* Casts on target tree.
* Target tree and 1/2/3/4 nearby trees (takes closest to target, max search range of 500) are converted to Treants
* Treants have 500 Health, 2 Armor, and 325 Movespeed
* These trees last for 45 seconds
* These treants serve as "trees" for Nature's Veil, keeping people invisible around them
* These treants serve as "trees" for Entmoot, giving KotF charges of Attack Speed/Movement Speed
- Nature's Protection removed
- New Ability: Entmoot, passive self-buff
* Keeper of the Forest gains 3/6/9/12 Attack Speed and Movement Speed per nearby tree, up to 5 charges.
* Radius of 375
- Root
* Duration lowered from 3/4/5 to 2/3/4 seconds
* Cooldown lowered from 160 to 120/110/100
* Damage per second increased from 85 to 100

Silhouette
- Base damage lowered by 3
- Tree Grapple mana cost from 95/105/115/125 to 120 flat
- Tree Grapple stun from Physical to Magical
- Relentless Salvo damage per stack from 6/9/12/15 to 3/6/9/12
- Shadow cooldown from 90/75/60 to 120/105/90 seconds
- Shadow duration from 30 to 15/25/35 seconds
- Shadow damage ratio from 33/66/100% to flat 66%
Once again, can't wait for the patch to be up. These are the official notes by the way.

delirium

Lone_Prodigy said:
Why would they rename the Secret Shop, only to remove it?

Silhouette got nerfed. Huh.
They didn't remove it, it just got moved to the base shop. The category got renamed to Legendary shop.

Nome

There's an Observatory where the Secret Shop used to be. We have future plans for the building, but for now it'll just be a place to buy wards.

nara

Banned
:D

Corsair Obsidian Series 650D
Intel Core i5-2500K
Corsair H60
Samsung SH-222AB
Logitech K800
Asus VE278Q
Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4-B3
Logitech G700
Corsair AX850
Corsair Vengeance 2x2GB
Corsair Vengeance 2x2GB
Intel 510 Series 120GB SATA III (Soon)
MSI R6950 2GB
MSI R6950 2GB

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
KotF changes makes me a happy KotF player.

Although I'm kind of iffy on the whole treant thing. It doesn't feel like they'd be particularly useful at any point in the game, except perhaps for traversing treeless distances by microing out your treants...

But that's kind of a dead give away, no?

Also since I can't really play HoN atm, does Camouflage work on towers? I enjoyed healing towers immensely.

delirium

Halycon said:

Although I'm kind of iffy on the whole treant thing. It doesn't feel like they'd be particularly useful at any point in the game, except perhaps for traversing treeless distances by microing out your treants...

Also since I can't really play HoN atm, does Camouflage work on towers? I enjoyed healing towers immensely.
It didn't in practice mode.

KotF with RotT and fortified greaves might be a better pusher than Tempest.

Meteorain

Halycon said:

You could send your treants in a whole bunch of different directions and KOTF invis following one of them. They will have to guess which one to follow!

bzm

Halycon said:

tree can actually jungle pretty well now (with the minions)
and w/ the right set up, do ancients at lvl 1. Jokes.

IceMarker

So I played about 12 games of no stats public games... and won all 12... with myself as 2nd or 1st in level out of the teams... my god.

NukeDukem

Banned
http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showpost.php?p=13721968&postcount=1

Periodic Outages 6/12/11
We are aware that users are experiencing periodic outages that make them unable to login and connect to matchmaking. We are able to restore services once we notice the issue occurring, but it takes a bit of time to fix this from the time we notice a problem till the time it gets cleared up. We are hoping once the slave DB is repaired tomorrow that we shouldn't see this issue any longer. We apologize for these outages and want to let you know we are doing our best to fix them.

PasteyMF

All the issues lately have made me really disillusioned with the game.

No MM stats are being recorded, so RAP doesn't work and nothing seemingly matters to most people. I've had 5 out of the past 10 games I've played where someone AFKs or feeds themselves to a tower, resulting in a generally awful experience.

Mini DC issues have become exacerbated. I get them in every game anywhere from 5-10 minutes.

Things are down, things are up, things are down... how the hell is this regular business?

Top Bottom