• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savitar

You do get matched up with some people from time to time, I've noted several that I've played with/against before now and then.

Had match or two where had a person back to back.

Zafir

Oh my god, QM matchmaking is horrendous. Why does it seem like it always just slaps a completely new player into the party? This Muradin just sort of clicked around the map randomly for about ten minutes and then AFK'd after he died five times. I check his profile afterwards and it's his 5th game, ever.

It's not fair to him, and it's not fair to the rest of the team. Shit needs to be fixed.

Problem is the matchmaking only seems to take into account mmr and not experience. So it's entirely possible that guy won a few games and got boosted up due to how placement matches work in the system.

From what I understand other MOBAs have made it so people with less experience in the game have their mmr reduced untill they hit a certain point(so many games/account level or whatever), or alternatively just get put with other people who are also 'new'. They really should consider adding something similar into HotS.

Pooya

Our team lost every immortal fight but we still won the game, getting mercs right before the start of the fight helps as much as the immortal. Granted we had like twice as many takedowns in the end.

Indignate

Guys, I gave up 5 deaths in the first 2 minutes due to lag, I swear.

It's the reason why I've been performing poorly this whole game, honest.

kirblar

The more that I playwith it, the more the sprint removal from Jaina feels like a non-issue. Controllable WE + cooldowns ticking is great.

Man, this double XP weekend was a blessing. I had gotten out of the game due to Witcher 3, Steam Sale, etc, but this weekend pulled me back in pretty hard and I got five different chars over the level 5 hump.

One dumb thing; have they changed the way the ping quick-commands work? For some reason they have stopped working completely for me. I can still ping the map, but I can't do the radial menu quick response thing.

Ketch

What's everyone's favorite ability in the game?

for me it's got to be flame strike for the destruction and that sound.... shhhhh"Shaminamiami Loreh!"BOOM!

Diablo's overpower and Tychus' overkill are also pretty awesome. Maybe stitches hook for those "did you see that?!" moments

Symbiote build for sure. The map is all about teamfights happening in either immortals location so winning those is important while you keep aba in the top/bot smoke to soak exp. It's a great map for aba, one of the best actually.

I've tried symbiote build with two mine talents here and there. The one where mines do tick damage and the one that increases mine charges and reduces cooldown. You give up attack speed talent but the spammed mines are actually very annoying for the opposing team.

Locust builds are dead. Even in maps like cursed it doesn't seem to work anymore. I've taken keeps alone with symbiote build on that map but it isn't enough when you lose a lategame teamfight because your symbiote is so weak.

Yeah, that's pretty much exactly how trying a locust build has played out for me on that map. And no disagreement here regarding locusts, almost nothing but a spike burst symbiote build with hivemind scales well late game or has since they nerfed the backdoor shenanigans. I rarely seem to lose to other Abbys in pugs because so many are picking healing at lvl 1 and don't seem to realize it's only great with like 2 heroes and screws you over hard if the game isn't over by 20.

The build with nests you mentioned is what I was thinking of too for that map, I'll have to try that. Somehow I'm having difficulty getting exp in that map also, but that's probably just my problem.

I find teamfighting is just really difficult because the entirety of mid is not designed for teamfighting exactly, it's designed for ganking and body blocking. This makes a symbiote build godlike with a coordinated team who can keep the opponents always visible and pincered, but if you have a team that can't teamfight before 10 because of the comp and who can only poke and harass, you're almost always out of range or switching targets with a 4 second cooldown while they get taken out one by one rounding corners in the smoke, and suddenly you're down 2+ levels, which is pretty rough on that map.

for me it's got to be flame strike for the destruction and that sound.... shhhhh"Shaminamiami Loreh!"BOOM!

Diablo's overpower and Tychus' overkill are also pretty awesome. Maybe stitches hook for those "did you see that?!" moments

Stitches' Hook is still my favorite ability. It's too satisfying landing a perfect Hook.

Ketch

Jaina's taken over the top spot on HotsLogs, to absolutely no one's surprise. The surprising thing? Nazeebo is #2.

they altered his spider AI or something obscure right? I've seen him played a bit since the patch, but he hasn't seemed any different then before really.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hope you greedy fucks enjoyed your 100% XP boost :)

When I come back, I'll play as if I had a 300% XP boost. I'll frighten all of you with my final form.

zoukka

they altered his spider AI or something obscure right? I've seen him played a bit since the patch, but he hasn't seemed any different then before really.

The new spiders are pretty nasty. Naz still weak until the spider talent tho.

Chaos17

Oh my god, QM matchmaking is horrendous. Why does it seem like it always just slaps a completely new player into the party? This Muradin just sort of clicked around the map randomly for about ten minutes and then AFK'd after he died five times. I check his profile afterwards and it's his 5th game, ever.

It's not fair to him, and it's not fair to the rest of the team. Shit needs to be fixed.

Even if it was only his 5th match he should've not gone AFK. I hate players do that.
Also, new comers always have the co-op mode to get used to the game and to a new hero.
Seriously, that guy had no excuse.

Celegus

Stitches' Hook is still my favorite ability. It's too satisfying landing a perfect Hook.

Not my favorite, but I landed an owl snipe with Tyrande from halfway across the map and killed a Nova that recently ran off. Now that was satisfying.

Kioshen

Free rotation has been posted :

Malfurion
Valla
Tassadar
Stitches
Sylvanas
Zeratul (lvl 12)
Johanna (lvl 15)

I was pretty close to buy Johanna this week-end but glad I hold off on it. Will be happy to test her out now and see if I spend the gold or cash for her.

Free rotation has been posted :

Malfurion
Valla
Tassadar
Stitches
Sylvanas
Zeratul (lvl 12)
Johanna (lvl 15)

I was pretty close to buy Johanna this week-end but glad I hold off on it. Will be happy to test her out now and see if I spend the gold or cash for her.

Looks like i'll try out Johanna sooner than later.
Thanks!

Savitar

If one character still does damn good damage it's Azmodan.

Dude tears shit up, he can go down if focused on but that's true of anyone.

Plus he has one of the legit better Master skins. A lot of them can be meh for many and alt skins far superior but his is truly great.

Alur

I've been thinking about this since you posted it last night.

If I was going fun, it'd have to be The Lost Viking's Long Boat Raid due to the song. Always loved that. Bloodlust's "BLARGHALARGHALARGH" is a close second.

If I was going visual, I'd say Sundering or Sonya's Leap with the Crater upgrade. Skeleton King's Entomb heroic is gonna be the prettiest thing yet.

As for a definite favorite, I'll say Stitches Hook or Murky's March of the Murlocs.

This "How to Kill Abathur" video made me laugh pretty hard.

I don't know what I love more.

Cena's music or the Illidan
showcasing how to Illidon't.

Kioshen

I thought i had a handle on positioning now after playing kael and jaina but then I tried valla again. Nope still getting blown up without being able to land damage. I probably don't pick the right build path appropriate to the match sigh.

Llyranor

Sundering is probably my favorite, too.

Though, Triple Tap with Fast Reload is something else. Firing off 5 Triple Taps in a row in a team fight was exhilarating.

bizzle

Neo Member
I showed that to my wife and can't stop laughing at the video.

The music gets me every time and then Illi's legs all sprawled out are a close second

Almost got my first lvl 100 in WoW, am I still eligible for the mount?

Kael'thas' Pyroblast. For a couple of reasons, he always has pretty baller lines when he starts to channel it. In 99% of the time you cast it, the other hero is dead. They can try to run but unless they've got ice block or know the right time to blink, they're just dead. I like to turn my back and just walk away as they explode. I liked Pyroblast so much I rolled my first mage in WoW. Pyroblast is nowhere near as cool in WoW as it is in HotS.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Miss you guys so much!!

I'm hearing from multiple people that Sylvanas has been nerfed to hell, yet some people say she's unchanged. What's going on?

Maledict

Almost got my first lvl 100 in WoW, am I still eligible for the mount?

Kael'thas' Pyroblast. For a couple of reasons, he always has pretty baller lines when he starts to channel it. In 99% of the time you cast it, the other hero is dead. They can try to run but unless they've got ice block or know the right time to blink, they're just dead. I like to turn my back and just walk away as they explode. I liked Pyroblast so much I rolled my first mage in WoW. Pyroblast is nowhere near as cool in WoW as it is in HotS.

99% of the time I see it cast it doesn't kill anyone, and often ends up killing Kael. It's so bad compared to Phoenix currently I think... :(

Maledict

That's like saying Triple Tap never kills anyone.

Edit: Achievement Unlocked ~ Double Post

Triple Tap does more damage, and doesn't root him in place for a 2 second cast. Also, it seems like pyro is easier to dodge - blink and bolt of the storm enabling you to get out of pyro is absolutely a thing after all.

Mind you, triple tap is generally considered the bad nova heroic as well! :)

Level 20 Triple Tap is team wipe-tastic.

And Pyroblast is situationally useful just like Phoenix is. Depends on the map, the objective and your opponents. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

Pooya

Did they remove other maps from rotations? for the past week every game I play is either spider queen, BoE, Cursed Hollow and Sky Temple. I played spider queen 4 times in a row. I'm starting to forget how garden terror was like... dragon shire it was ages ago I played in.

Did they remove other maps from rotations? for the past week every game I play is either spider queen, BoE, Cursed Hollow and Sky Temple. I played spider queen 4 times in a row. I'm starting to forget how garden terror was like... dragon shire it was ages ago I played in.

Yes, the temporarily limited the rotation to 4 maps. They're all present in custom matches.

99% of the time I see it cast it doesn't kill anyone, and often ends up killing Kael. It's so bad compared to Phoenix currently I think... :(

Yeah i've had baaad luck trying to use Pyroblast. :( i guess i may need more time with Kael so i can position myself better.

However, phoenix is cool. O RLY, you are about to die and want to run away? Rebirth.
I'm probabl doing it wrong but it was fun that way haha.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I use Pyro when there's one guy I really want to see dead.

So really its name should be changed to "Illidanblast".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom