• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
whats up with the stupid long queues if you still gt stuck with 4 assassins and 1 specilist?

I've still only won on Battlefield twice. I think I'm 2 and 12 right now. Both wins were blowouts, as have been all of the losses but one which was close.

The only good thing about that map is that maybe in another month or two people will learn to guess who is in a bush or fog better because of it, because right now trying to team fight on that map is like watching roaches trapped in a pachinko machine.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
120k XP from a 15 minute loss, whilst in a group with friend bonus XP and Stimpack.

What the fuck is going on? Did they nerf the XP gain or something?

120k XP from a 15 minute loss, whilst in a group with friend bonus XP and Stimpack.

What level were you?
Usually it copies over over the exp you earn in game to how much you get(As well as bonuses depending on whether you win).

Alavard

I don't think it's been reduced.

I hesitate to say any of this because we all know how much you've played the game compared to most of us, but what level were you by the end of the match? The XP you gain from a match (before the multipliers) is exactly the XP your team gained from the match itself. If you lose at like level 14, the XP will be crap.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I know the difference between holiday XP and no holiday XP, trust me :p I wasn't even playing the game during the last event anyway.

But yeah, it might just be my imagination but it does seem lower than I remember.

Yoshichan

Great to be back to free Kael'thas rotation - the absolute worst of them all, including Nova. Shit game just became shittier for another 3-4 days.

Any tips to playing Murkey? I haven't quite figured out what his role is on the team other than pushing, which I can do pretty well. But when a team fight happens the only thing I'm good at is getting killed.

Palmer_v1

Any tips to playing Murkey? I haven't quite figured out what his role is on the team other than pushing, which I can do pretty well. But when a team fight happens the only thing I'm good at is getting killed.

Pre 10? Your W is good damage and controls enemy positioning to some degree. Post 10? Octograb someone important and remove them from the fight.

Alur

He hasn't been a push or split push hero for quite a while. Since Alpha really. You should be team fighting whenever possible (and likely initiating if you placed your egg well and have your ult). You can split push when nothing is going on, but he's just not really all that great at it and is easily stopped from doing so.

I compare it to the issues we see with siege Azmodan and Gazlowe. I can't tell you how often my team or my games have seen Azmo or Gaz split push down a fort in a lane. And then five minutes later a keep and someone is like "FUCK GUISE WE GOTTA STOP HIM" but in the end he stops himself. He can't reliably siege the core...the gains are finite. Once they are further in they just start feeding cause they can't reliably get away.

Back to Murky, you want to function as an annoyance and basically be considered the biggest piece of shit by the other team. There's two basic builds, slime or pufferfish, but when you're just learning to keep yourself alive you probably want to grab at least some of the bubble talents.

1) Block (Bubble Breeze is fine, but they kind of serve the same purpose).

4) Living the Dream (even with the nerf, it's still the best...particularly since Envenom got wrecked)

7) Compressed Air or Slime Advantage (Compressed Air is the standard and makes landing your Octograb ult much easier and creates amazing zoning. Slime Advantage is for the slime build)

10) Octograb (Even with all the Cleanse out there, it still works pretty reliably at middle to lower MMR's)

13) Wrath of Cod or Continuous Slime (Again, Wrath of Cod is the standard but the Slime talent is for Slime build. As you are learning him, you probably want to take Bubble Machine here until you feel comfortable enough without feeding to grab Wrath)

16) Slimy Pufferfish (I'd get this under any circumstance. It adds the slime slow, does damage immediately, and potentially sets you up for more damage from Pufferfish. Combined with Wrath of Cod it wrecks. Combined with Wrath and Octo, it's a beast late game. Rejuvenating Bubble is the choice if you feel you are dying way too much)

20) Rewind or ...And A Shark Too (I personally go ...And A Shark Too the majority of the time, but if you are quick enough Rewind is always the better option. Massive zoning, massive damage. Either talent allows you to 100-0 a squishy solo with Octograb + Pufferfish at 20+)

Think about your tools as you play. Murky is the great annoyer and pretty amazing at preventing escape. During the early game and even mid game, don't throw your pufferfish UNDER someone as you fight in a lane (particularly if you have a gank set up). Throw it in front of the wall and turrets...where will they go? Right into Pufferfish death, or stay and fight? Either way, you are the victor.

When tributes/temples/etc spawn, move your egg to a safe spot in the bushes near those objectives. You don't want to trek across the whole of creation to get back into a fight. That would negate your big advantage which is that you are always on the board.

The same holds true for team fights in the mid to late game. When you know one is gonna happen, take the second to drop your egg nearby (in a safe spot where you think if it things go south your teammates won't lead them right into it) so you can constantly harass.

At almost all times when there's a team fight and your team has the reach, you want to target a middling HP hero or squishy with the Octo + Puffer combo. This gives your team initiation, removes damage and or healing, and does a ton of damage. That stun is long.

It is worth noting that when picking a target for Octo and the option presents itself, you may consider Octoing the healer him/herself due to the Cleanse being such a Murky killer. If you nail Malfurion with the Octo + Puffer, he can't cleanse himself, therefore your ult is not negated and hopefully you have potentially removed the healer from the fight if your team follows up.

You're gonna fall somewhere between 1.5 to 4 deaths per game when you are doing well. Some games you are countered hard (Tychus + Raynor, for example) and you will die more than that, some games they just have no answer and you'll hardly die at all. Expect to die 50% or more of the time when you Octo + Puffer someone in a team fight...but as long as you placed your egg nearby, who took the real loss? They did.

A Murky death is worth dying if it advantages your team. You died to turrets getting a kill on a full EXP hero? Good. You died to the enemy octoing + puffering their healer and killing em? Good. You died at a fort but killed it with Puffer? Good. You died chasing a Valla and didn't even drop her below half health? Bad. You died doing any of the above things but didn't place your egg near the teamfight/objective and now you're at the top of the map while your team is 4v4 or 5v4 at the bottom? Bad.

So in summary:

Step one: cut a hole in a box
Step two: put a Murky in that box
Step three: make em open that box

aka

Step one: Place your egg smartly
Step two: Remember you come back in 5 seconds, they don't
Step three: Get in their faces early and make them want to tunnel you every time they see you.

You want them to waste resources on you. Ults. Abilities. Everything so that they are worried about you while your teammates do the rest of the work.

Bubble up and Float On, Modest Mouse.

Murky's pretty much swung from one extreme to the other, from the alpha siege damage split-pusher to single target delete. No one ever picks March.

Alur

Murky's pretty much swung from one extreme to the other, from the alpha siege damage split-pusher to single target delete. No one ever picks March.

Pretty much.

The only person I've ever seen use March effectively in any of the recent patches is Trikslyr who basically mains Murky, and when he'd encounter a Cleanse he'd always go Slime build + March. Even his winrate percentage with that probably wasn't that great, which always made me wonder why he didn't just work around the Cleanse.

Step one: cut a hole in a box
Step two: put a Murky in that box
Step three: make em open that box

Awesome, thanks for the advice. He seems like he could be a lot of fun if you can nail his playstyle.

Also if anyone is looking to team up, I'm TurboLibre #1100 on Battlenet. Finally feel like I won't be bringing you all down with most characters. Hopefully.

JesseZao

Who's the best "right click carry" hero atm? Been playing a lot of Falstad recently and have been enjoying him. I've seen that most people enjoy the lightning heroic, but I like the utility of the gust to split teams or disengage.

I played a lot of Valla at first since I got her free, but I like Falstad more. Anyway, what other ranged assassins are fun to play?

Who's the best "right click carry" hero atm? Been playing a lot of Falstad recently and have been enjoying him. I've seen that most people enjoy the lightning heroic, but I like the utility of the gust to split teams or disengage.

I played a lot of Valla at first since I got her free, but I like Falstad more. Anyway, what other ranged assassins are fun to play?

Valla is a solid pick. I personally love using Jaina when I play assassin.

I'm done QM with Brightwing

I hear you. Went 0-3 in my support quest today. Not sure what she brings that makes her better than any other support.

She used to be a top tier support, I think the highest, but they nerfed her quite a bit. She's a great healer now a days, but I think what works now a days in terms of support are either hard heals(Like Malfurion) or a combination of heals and CC(Rehgar, Uther). Brightwing falls short on both aspects. She does have a CC move, but that's probably the only highlight of her kit that isn't her ultimate.

Brightwing has global mobility and polymorph, she is great to assist on ganks and shutting down key heroes and abilities. Valla Starfe, polymorph, Butcher's Brand, polymorph, etc. Her heal over time is great for sustain but horrible at dealing with burst damage now (this can change at 20). 5v5 fights are her weakness, helping with odd-manned encounters is her strength.

kirblar

Brightwing has global mobility and polymorph, she is great to assist on ganks and shutting down key heroes and abilities. Valla Starfe, polymorph, Butcher's Brand, polymorph, etc. Her heal over time is great for sustain but horrible at dealing with burst damage now (this can change at 20). 5v5 fights are her weakness, helping with odd-manned encounters is her strength.
They just need to adjust how much she heals per pulse. She's clearly undertuned right now, but still works well in blow up comps.

The anti Johana support

Llyranor

Yeah, polymorph just instills fear into melee assassins like Illidan or Butcher. And having pixie dust granting 50% ability damage reduction (and bouncing to a 2nd ally) also is really helpful to mitigate enemy damage dealt.

Maximus.

Sonya, Rehgar, and Tyrande need to be deleted from the game.

That is all.

Tyrande was the worst experience in this game thus far. Maybe it was the two shit teams I was with or maybe the character is absolutely useless. Rehgar is no better and not a fan of Sonya either.

Maledict

Tyrande is insanely powerful in a co-ordinated team a one of the best playmakers and gankers in the game. Solo in QM she's awful though because she takes up your support slot a lot of the time and you don't have the co-ordination to pick people off using her stun.

Her and the Butcher is hilarious fun.

Heal too stronk?

The opposite

nobody knows how to play her in solo queue

it's horrendous

Tyrande was the worst experience in this game thus far. Maybe it was the two shit teams I was with or maybe the character is absolutely useless. Rehgar is no better and not a fan of Sonya either.

Rehgar I think is the same as tyrande, unless you really know him...you don't know him. And sonya.......oh sonya.

Maledict

Rehgar?

I missed that one in the list. How on EARTH is he being played badly? Take every chain heal talent and the shield at 7, and go mad spamming chain heal. It's ridiculous how strong it is currently - and also how brain dead a build it is.

Yoshichan

Played Malf a few games, not bad. Not bad at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom