• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

I bet Vortex grabbed him.

If he goes any other path he probably has to make his own team from scratch and I certainly wouldn't want to do that if I was him so we'll see I guess haha

Yeah probably right. It's the most logical destination and talking to him last night he sounded like he'd be doing it soon because he wants to qualify for Blizzcon.

The only other possibilities I can think of are the long hinted Tempo Storm b-team (though they were in talks with adrd for an EU team and Mc seems to have zero relationship with TS) or him being an addition to one of these up and comers that keep landing in top eights.

Vortex is fine and he can fill the Fan slot well if he goes there...I just kinda wish C9M had waited a month and grabbed Mc and left Fan on C9V because they had a good thing going.

EDIT: So much for adrd with Tempo Storm. He's on Bakery's team BOB in the semifinals of this Enter the Storm qualifier right now.

Yeah probably right. It's the most logical destination and talking to him last night he sounded like he'd be doing it soon because he wants to qualify for Blizzcon.

The only other possibilities I can think of are the long hinted Tempo Storm b-team (though they were in talks with adrd for an EU team and Mc seems to have zero relationship with TS) or him being an addition to one of these up and comers that keep landing in top eights.

Vortex is fine and he can fill the Fan slot well if he goes there...I just kinda wish C9M had waited a month and grabbed Mc and left Fan on C9V because they had a good thing going.

EDIT: So much for adrd with Tempo Storm. He's on Bakery's team BOB in the semifinals of this Enter the Storm qualifier right now.

Tempo was never in any serious talks with adrd AFAIK, Zoia just made that blanket statement on town hall that one time

Agreed on Maelstrom, the timing kind of sucks haha I think Mac is better than Fan and would fit in well there but if anyone thought mcintyre would ever be teamless any time soon we'd have all called them fools.

Vortex is def the most complete team and showed a lot of promise when they had someone prominent in his role so as a fan of his I hope he ends up there. That could be a good team if Bobby would lose his Tassadar boner and draft better

Also did anyone watch coL just play Kerrigan against PPST? Lol h0ns hit like one multi-hero combo as Kerrigan the entire game and was basically useless and they still won the match pretty handily.

There's such an obvious difference when you have a great player on that hero versus a decent player on her.

Maledict

The fact that the Abathur builds are all push builds apart from the level 4 talent really interests me. I think given what we are seeing in tournaments the meta is more vaired than people think (especially in hero league!).

Feels like bans are desperately needed in hero league though at some point if it's to have the same variety of games. Seeing Kael / Jaina first every time, apart from mines when it's Sylvanas, is a problem.

Thinking about giving this game a go. Is the Nexus bundle worth it? I'm not sure the Heroes included in that bundle are my cup of tea or not, or if they are out-shined by other Heroes in the same class.

I'm all ready for Abathur + Butcher combo wombos. Butcher charges in, Abathur shields him/casts Spike Burst, and gives Butcher a passive attack speed increase to make his Butcher's Brand heal even more.

Abby + Butcher gonna wreck so hard.

Holy shit at this Abathur/Butcher comp on Booty Bay.

I called Abathur/Butcher being gross about 3 weeks ago. Really a fun combination at the very least. I'm hoping Abathur picks up in popularity.

danielcw

Thinking about giving this game a go. Is the Nexus bundle worth it? I'm not sure the Heroes included in that bundle are my cup of tea or not, or if they are out-shined by other Heroes in the same class.

You mean the 50 bucks bundle?

I would recommend playing the game free to play, until you get a feeling for it. In the beginning you will get a lot of ingame gold.
If you end up liking the game, the bundles will still be there for you, and then you can judge by yourself.

The retail bundle, which includes 5 heroes, is probably the best value. It can be found for as low at 11$ sometimes

Milly79

You mean the 50 bucks bundle?

I would recommend playing the game free to play, until you get a feeling for it. In the beginning you will get a lot of ingame gold.
If you end up liking the game, the bundles will still be there for you, and then you can judge by yourself.

The retail bundle, which includes 5 heroes, is probably the best value. It can be found for as low at 11$ sometimes

And has Jaina in it, which is one of the best heroes at the moment. The Nexus has SOLID heroes, but no top tier ones AFAIR.

Guesong

The Nexus bundle is a horrible ripoff.

I have no idea why they didnt keep the bundles they had back in alpha/beta. No costumes, no mounts, just pure heroes at a discount.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Holy shit at this Abathur/Butcher comp on Booty Bay.

I think Abathur/Butcher and Abathur/Illidan comp with the Death Hat build is very strong. The more non-stealth Melee Assassins that get added to the game, the stronger that build will be. It is a very powerful option for Abathur, especially on maps where team fights are more prevalent, like Battlefield or Mines.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
11 wins in a row so far

I'm back for real now

kirblar

Depends if you care about the cosmetics. Retail (14.99 here) + the 4.99 in-game starter bundle are the most cost-efficient way to go right now otherwse. Jaina/Zeratul are both top tier atm.

Also, if you go this way, don't use your Zeratul character code. The skin code SHOULD unlock both Zeratul and his skin, leaving you free to gift the Zeratul char code to someone else.

I have no idea why they didnt keep the bundles they had back in alpha/beta. No costumes, no mounts, just pure heroes at a discount.
50% off sale does that- using bundles for cosmetics makes sense.

Depends if you care about the cosmetics. Retail (14.99 here) + the 4.99 in-game starter bundle are the most cost-efficient way to go right now otherwse. Jaina/Zeratul are both top tier atm.

Also, if you go this way, don't use your Zeratul character code. The skin code SHOULD unlock both Zeratul and his skin, leaving you free to gift the Zeratul char code to someone else.

50% off sale does that- using bundles for cosmetics makes sense.

Thanks for the tips everyone. Seems like this might be the way to go. Is the link you sent me for the physical version or just a CD-Key of what's inside? It says "Heroes of the Storm Starter Pack CD-KEY" but it's for the "physical version" so I'm a little confused about that.

kirblar

Thanks for the tips everyone. Seems like this might be the way to go. Is the link you sent me for the physical version or just a CD-Key of what's inside? It says "Heroes of the Storm Starter Pack CD-KEY" but it's for the "physical version" so I'm a little confused about that.
They'll just send you all the product keys online. The physical version comes with 7-8 different codes inside the box.

I think Abathur/Butcher and Abathur/Illidan comp with the Death Hat build is very strong. The more non-stealth Melee Assassins that get added to the game, the stronger that build will be. It is a very powerful option for Abathur, especially on maps where team fights are more prevalent, like Battlefield or Mines.

I'm having great luck with Butcher, Johanna, Sonya, and ETC lately with Abathur. Butcher and ETC for initiating, Jo and Sonya for sustain and cleanup (especially if Jo has Battle Momentum which imo she should always). Murky/Abby with the right builds makes Murky virutally immortal and is a hilarious pubstomp duo

Another option that's hilarious in QM if the other team isn't CC heavy is Lili

A build I'm actually finding viable lately believe it or not is Mine dmg at 1, Attack speed buff at 4, slowing mines at 7. This can be amusing as hell on Sky Temple and Booty Bay, and gives decent split waveclear when there's nothing else to do

Gotchaye

I didn't realize that hotslogs was tracking me even if I didn't have an account there. Kind of neat/creepy to see what it thinks my ranking is.

kirblar

I'm pretty sure Li Li has a 75%+ winrate in this tournament or something. People keep trying to force their opponents onto her and it always backfires because she doesn't suck- Jugs has enormous range.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
kinda into this "lightning shield also shields" talent on rehgar

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I still think the biggest change to the game happened with the Butcher patch - with how they changed the stun/daze on channeled abilities. You see everyone (Malfs/Li Li) ultimate being used without pre-caution, they just pop it and they're almost guaranteed to get the full effect of it.

They basically buffed the living shit out of channeled spells. It's gonna take a long, long time to adapt to that. I'm still seeing plenty of people using "push-back"-abilities on me when I'm channeling shit.

Gotchaye

Well, it's only tracking because someone else has the program uploading while you're in their games.

Sure, but apparently the participation rate is high enough that it was getting the large majority of my games, and the way the system works it actually gives a reasonable estimate based on only a sampling of games.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
my winning steak didnt last long, only 3 games :(

Maledict

I still think the biggest change to the game happened with the Butcher patch - with how they changed the stun/daze on channeled abilities. You see everyone (Malfs/Li Li) ultimate being used without pre-caution, they just pop it and they're almost guaranteed to get the full effect of it.

They basically buffed the living shit out of channeled spells. It's gonna take a long, long time to adapt to that. I'm still seeing plenty of people using "push-back"-abilities on me when I'm channeling shit.

Malfs ult isnt a channelled ability. Once it's activated, nothing stops it - not even iceblock or maw. It's ridiculosuly good and fairly overpowered in solo queue because teams don't have the coordination to burst through it.

I love Malf... ;-)

Alur

Glaurung qualifies for Blizzcon with COGnitive. Pretty neat. They made some huge gaffes all tournament, though.

compLexity so close. With Mc they might've done it, maybe.

Guess it's time to watch TS wreck C9M another time. I'd really like to see this go the other way again sometime.

Started playing Hearthstone casually with the goal of eventually unlocking the Hearthstone card mount for HotS. I won 3 games and unlocked a mount in WoW. wat.

Alur

Started playing Hearthstone casually with the goal of eventually unlocking the Hearthstone card mount for HotS. I won 3 games and unlocked a mount in WoW. wat.

The Hearthsteed? Haha, yeah.

Looks like they want a little more buy-in time-wise from their cross game players now than they did back when HS first launched.

Rhaknar

All the Butchers I see think they are warriors because they keep charging 1 v 3 and get blown up like the assassins they are.

Speaking of Butcher just bought him but didn't try him yet

The Hearthsteed? Haha, yeah.

Looks like they want a little more buy-in time-wise from their cross game players now than they did back when HS first launched.

"here's 100 gold for completing a daily...and a new mount"

It actually looks cool, kinda like a Warlock's Felsteed but it's no flying card.

Glaurung qualifies for Blizzcon with COGnitive. Pretty neat. They made some huge gaffes all tournament, though.

compLexity so close. With Mc they might've done it, maybe.

Guess it's time to watch TS wreck C9M another time. I'd really like to see this go the other way again sometime.

Rawrjar is understandably a bit rusty, and Trummel played pretty bad in some games

They're good players, they'll be alright, but they're going to need someone to shift to be a melee player--probably hons--which will take some time. I don't think they'll be challenging the top 2 anytime soon though. It sucks because they were so close to doing that; with Mac I think they were poised to compete really hard with Maelstrom this weekend.

I wonder what really happened. You don't remove a guy from your team just because he moved to a different state.

I remember its for X numbers of wins, like 3.

The mount its pretty cool since its a ground mount that can fly, was for the official launch of hearstone.

Alur

I wonder what really happened. You don't remove a guy from your team just because he moved to a different state.

I'd love to know. Maybe all the bodies they've went through wore on the others and they decided this time to just replace the chief.

Personally if I were him I could see leaving out of frustration.

I'd love to know. Maybe all the bodies they've went through wore on the others and they decided this time to just replace the chief.

Personally if I were him I could see leaving out of frustration.

Yeah they lost to The Pleyz on wednesday, the games weren't streamed though they just tweeted and were talking in the BBoys channel on HOTS about the DK bug being a part of it. But I'm sure other shit happened, they should have stomped that team. Just a few weeks ago they were running cheese comps against those teams in Titan Arena 4.

My opinion of coL is they were never going to contend with Trummel as their main ranged assassin player; he gets ganked in the earlygame far too often due to questionable individual map awareness and gets caught out of position far too often in team fights. Watch their ESL games vs. Tempo Storm... Trummel was horrific, and they were purely individual mistakes.

Some games he's a fucking monster, other games he's purely the reason they lose, and you can't have that inconsistency at the highest levels of tournament play. For example Biceps missed a bunch of Falstad lasers against TS and what happened? They replaced him.

And as for hons, he's improved a ton since joining coL and I think he's often better than Trummel at this point but he only plays a select few heroes really well (Kaelthas and Abathur). And Trummel continues to get ganked by obvious rotations and still gets caught too far out in team fights. So hence we saw coL capping out at #3 in NA.

So with Vortex I think McIntyre would be upgrading his surrounding ranged carry players. /shrug

Whats the difference between siege damage and other types of damage? Abathur always do siege damage, I know its for destroying buildings but I dont get the concept

Rhaknar

I noticed there's a new "role" stat on the stat screen, like damage taken for tanks

I have a noob question about Stimpacks. I'm about to buy the 4.99 starter bundle, but I noticed it comes with a 7 day Stimpack. Will it automatically activate upon purchase, or will I be able to activate it when I want?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom