• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

If I buy Butcher right now, will I be able to buy the mount individually when the bundle comes?

All the others (Lunar Tiger, Flying Carpet, etc) showed up individually after their bundles were removed for a while so I'd guess so. Not in their interest to keep it gone forever since there's always people who will buy it outside the bundle once it's released.

Milly79

I'm pretty close to taking a long hard break from this game. 8 straight losses. Every game has the same heroes in it, yet the pool is almost 40. Feeding left and right, just plain incompetence. I don't see anywhere I can improve, honestly. I know I mess up every now and then, but my positioning is relatively good compared to what I see.

kirblar

Unsurprising Hot Dogs stat: 59.4% winrate for teams with the Song of Ice and Fire (Kael/Jaina)- https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/3dfhu9/hero_league_kaelthas_jaina_combo_594_win_rate/

The master Hotdogger is also taking requests in the thread:

Jaina and Johanna: 60.10% across 30047 games
Abathur and Illidan: 44.77% across 8338 games
Abathur and Butcher: 47.51% across 3597 games
Tyrande and Diablo: 43.1% across 1121 games
Zeratul and Valla: 48.49% across 19837 games
Zeratul and Sylvanas: 49.89% across 16712 games
Tyrande and Butcher: 52.15% across 2650 games
Tyrande and Jaina: 54.44% across 5500 games
Johanna and Abathur: 52.14% across 6408 games
Rehgar and Illidan: 44.13% across 8141 games
Kerrigan and Tyrande: 45.03% across 744 games
Zeratul and Nova: 47.03% across 5090 games
Jaina and Valla: 53.62% across 26300 games
Zeratul and Abathur: 49.57% across 5509 games
Butcher and Illidan: 44.46% across 2796 games
Abathur and Illidan: 44.77% across 8338 games
Abathur and Butcher: 47.51% across 3597 games
Johanna and Kael'thas: 56.65% across 30253 games
Zeratul and Nova: 47.03% across 5090 games
Zeratul and Sonya: 45.41% across 3151 games
Johanna and Rehgar: 52.62% across 14684 games
Jaina and Johanna: 60.10% across 30047 games
Zeratul and Kael'thas: 54.15% across 22992 games
Zeratul and Jaina: 58.68% across 22941 games

Jaina and Falstad: 52.33% across 6102 games
Muradin and Jaina: 54.25% across 29166 games
Muradin and Kael'thas: 50.71% across 29305 games

Muradin and Tyrande: 46.06% across 4620 games
Zeratul and The Butcher: 49.15% across 5479 games

Double

I'm pretty close to taking a long hard break from this game. 8 straight losses. Every game has the same heroes in it, yet the pool is almost 40. Feeding left and right, just plain incompetence. I don't see anywhere I can improve, honestly. I know I mess up every now and then, but my positioning is relatively good compared to what I see.
Big win streak inc. after you eventually made it through this valley!

I think my worst time ever was when I went something like 3-21 in League ranked after being almost in promotion matches to Platinum 3. I somehow still managed to not get demoted to Gold, but boy, the tilt was real :D

This is why you can't join the Murky army.

This.

Right here.
I totally see your point, but let's imagine Murky actually had a skin with a big black cloak/cape, so it would maybe fit too with the pink stallion of heavens. Hmm no, maybe not, you are right. :p

Alur

The master Hotdogger is also taking requests in the thread:

Damn, lots of negatives in those duos. Lots. Most of the positives aren't even that big.

I totally see your point, but let's imagine Murky actually had a skin with a big black cloak/cape, so it would maybe fit too with the pink stallion of heavens. Hmm no, maybe not, you are right. :p

Let's imagine Murky on your account and you playing him over and over again. Now let's imagine you being unable to stop because you have been compelled by the Sea God to feed mercilessly.
I taste your tears

If you're not down with that THEN I'VE GOT TWO WORDS FOR YA!!!
Rocket League

kirblar

Oh wow, found something REALLY interesting I hadn't looked at before- the hero detail screen gives you the top 10 best performing builds for each hero.

These winrates are FAR different than the averaged-out ones showing up on the front page and showcase some interesting things. For instance, the Gathering Power KT builds are outperforming the E ones.

Milly- try playing Zagara. Her ability to bully early translates into EXP advantages. Anuiran has shown me the light.

Holy crap Nazeebo at #2 on the overall list now. And DEAD RUSH is the top-performing talent at L13.

Milly79

Big win streak inc. after you eventually made it through this valley!

I don't know. Ever since this patch nothing has been working for me or my group, nothing. I was 3100, which I think is pretty ok for never playing a moba. I'm down to 2900 now, and I can see it going way further down, as it's just loss after loss after loss. Was also pretty close to getting rank 1 at one point, now I'm rank 8.

Literally every game has the same heroes in it, like I said above. Whether it be HL or QM. It just gets old losing and losing to the same shit.

MM is utter shit as it stands right now. It was never this bad.

Milly79

I've played plenty of Zag. She's not a hero I continually want to keep playing. Hell, KT is the only one that I somewhat have stuck with aside from when I first got into the game and was so pro-Nova.

I come from having played MMOs, mainly SWToR which is built on using alts. I cannot stick with one hero for so long, there's just no point when the pool is so big and I only lack like 3 of them.

It'll eventually come around, I think. I love the game to death, it's just really hit home lately, especially after the shit show that was the Road to Blizzcon.

Oh wow, found something REALLY interesting I hadn't looked at before- the hero detail screen gives you the top 10 best performing builds for each hero.

These winrates are FAR different than the averaged-out ones showing up on the front page and showcase some interesting things. For instance, the Gathering Power KT builds are outperforming the E ones.

Milly- try playing Zagara. Her ability to bully early translates into EXP advantages. Anuiran has shown me the light.

Holy crap Nazeebo at #2 on the overall list now. And DEAD RUSH is the top-performing talent at L13.

LoL i was just coming to say, I'm really starting to like Jaina... No wonder the winratio is always positive, no matter what you pick as long as you don't take ring of frost at lvl 10 :D

https://www.hotslogs.com/Sitewide/HeroDetails?Hero=Jaina

dmosher

I've played plenty of Zag. She's not a hero I continually want to keep playing. Hell, KT is the only one that I somewhat have stuck with aside from when I first got into the game and was so pro-Nova.

I come from having played MMOs, mainly SWToR which is built on using alts. I cannot stick with one hero for so long, there's just no point when the pool is so big and I only lack like 3 of them.

It'll eventually come around, I think. I love the game to death, it's just really hit home lately, especially after the shit show that was the Road to Blizzcon.

Make an alt account? I finally did and it's making the game fun again, I was an alt-aholic in WoW and other MMO's as well. Alternatively, have you tried Smite? It's ridiculously fun.

Let me know if you want to play HotS on an alt account or Smite :)

Alt HotS account: omevad#1163

Complistic

Make an alt account? I finally did and it's making the game fun again, I was an alt-aholic in WoW and other MMO's as well. Alternatively, have you tried Smite? It's ridiculously fun.

Let me know if you want to play HotS on an alt account or Smite :)

Alt HotS account: omevad#1163

Alt account basically means you get to beat up on new players again for a while right? Fun...

dmosher

Alt account basically means you get to beat up on new players again for a while right? Fun...

Nope, what makes it fun is trying to teach new people. Watch Grubby's stream for a bit, he's ultra positive all the time. Starting an alt account has given me the opportunity to try and emulate that and lead my team to victory, that's what's fun :)

Indignate

Uhh. I wouldn't say so, if you're firing shots.

I don't mind losing close games at all, but when it's 5+ games of total beatings when your team is either bad or you have a trash comp, it's not fun, no.

Not particularly at you, just at the idea of smurfing in order to smash on newer players again.

I have to imagine though that if you were on the other side of those matches, you wouldn't be so down on the game right now.

Nope, what makes it fun is trying to teach new people. Watch Grubby's stream for a bit, he's ultra positive all the time. Starting an alt account has given me the opportunity to try and emulate that and lead my team to victory, that's what's fun :)

This is good behavior to have, but it's absolutely not why most people smurf though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Been feeling the bug slowly creeping up again lately so went ahead and bought a stimpack yesterday...

...didn't play today >_> sigh

For real life reasons tho

Maximus.

Anyone know why they remove mounts from the store? I was hoping to eventually see the wolf go on sale, but it was gone after a week or 2? Weird how they don't just keep them up, unless it's a tactic to get people to impulse buy them before it's gone again. It's probably that :/

kirblar

Anyone know why they remove mounts from the store? I was hoping to eventually see the wolf go on sale, but it was gone after a week or 2? Weird how they don't just keep them up, unless it's a tactic to get people to impulse buy them before it's gone again. It's probably that :/
To boost sales.

Alur

Not particularly at you, just at the idea of smurfing in order to smash on newer players again.

Basically after 5-7 wins in a row you are facing Platinum or Diamond players at least again, so it really doesn't work like that at least in this game.

As the thread dude made fun of for having numerous accounts (5 or 6 now) I can testify to that, some of which I've ran duos with Milly79 on.

The way the MM works in this game (which you can see most clearly in Hero League when mid 30's ranked players are with rank 1-5's) you hit your skill level again very quickly, so there's not much smashing to be had.

The fun with smurfs in HOTS is in the anonymity, or attemping to F2P, or if you are a person like me who burned their MMR in Hero League right as it was released with bad 5 man's and want a clean slate.

To smurf in the way you guys are thinking you'd need to intentionally lose (or play heroes you know you will lose with but maybe want to learn) and literally tank the majority of the first 20-50 games to get yourself sort of stuck in Silver or Gold...and then you could crush your way back up. Even then you still get good gains til you are well past 100 games, so it wouldn't last all that long if you were really Diamond or Master skill level and playing try hard.

Oh, of course Jared is skipping the THH when Glaurung's there.

That blows. Would've loved to hear that shit. Maybe Glaurung can fire some shots anyway! :D

kirblar

Dunk thinks healing is a massive contributor to current snowballing because of how it scales relative to damage- he is probably dead on.

Diablo is so damn fun to play. He really fulfills a character fantasy. Like, picking Apocalypse with the level 20 perk, and just dishing out an apocalypse when you die, as well as just playing this big hulking terror is a freaking blast. Or Lightning Breath when you need damage, and just nailing them down and making them run...not to mention that when it's cast, you hear his laugh, and the explosions smoke up in his face, it's like 'Goddamn shit went down.' And then he comes back immediately with his soulstone..

...that's one thing this game has in spades over the other mobas. Just the character fantasy is a huuuge bonus.

WEltYAE.jpg

Zafir

Basically after 5-7 wins in a row you are facing Platinum or Diamond players at least again, so it really doesn't work like that at least in this game.

As the thread dude made fun of for having numerous accounts (5 or 6 now) I can testify to that, some of which I've ran duos with Milly79 on.

The way the MM works in this game (which you can see most clearly in Hero League when mid 30's ranked players are with rank 1-5's) you hit your skill level again very quickly, so there's not much smashing to be had.

The fun with smurfs in HOTS is in the anonymity, or attemping to F2P, or if you are a person like me who burned their MMR in Hero League right as it was released with bad 5 man's and want a clean slate.

To smurf in the way you guys are thinking you'd need to intentionally lose (or play heroes you know you will lose with but maybe want to learn) and literally tank the majority of the first 20-50 games to get yourself sort of stuck in Silver or Gold...and then you could crush your way back up. Even then you still get good gains til you are well past 100 games, so it wouldn't last all that long if you were really Diamond or Master skill level and playing try hard.

That blows. Would've loved to hear that shit. Maybe Glaurung can fire some shots anyway! :D
It's perhaps the only good thing about hots matchmaking, the fact that smurfs don't have that big of an impact.

Been trying dota 2 again recently for the gazillionth time, two games got put with /against smurfs. Just wasnt fun. Though it seemed to clear up later which was nice.

If it wasn't for the HL requirement i'd probably try playing it on an alt account. I dug my mmr down quite a bit.

Double

Let's imagine Murky on your account and you playing him over and over again. Now let's imagine you being unable to stop because you have been compelled by the Sea God to feed mercilessly.
I taste your tears
Omg, last proof that the Murkadevil already sent your mind deep down his hell! Don't you dare drag me into it!

Savitar

Anyone else get that annoying thing happening where you go to select your character there is something trying to load or update and it goes swish swish swish. You can't play a game until it stops.

danielcw

Anyone else get that annoying thing happening where you go to select your character there is something trying to load or update and it goes swish swish swish. You can't play a game until it stops.

Sometimes, yeah. Usually last a few seconds for me.

Looks like a join-party-notification or something similar is appearing on the right side of the screen, rapidly moving down, because there is no space for it in the UI layout

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Live in US as well.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
My matchmaking experience has actually been worse recently than before.

Like I have had a surprising number of people with Master Skins that are playing really badly, so I wonder if the number of games played is being valued higher than the MMR.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
When does the SC2 pre-order rewards go live?

Savitar

Like I have had a surprising number of people with Master Skins that are playing really badly, so I wonder if the number of games played is being valued higher than the MMR.

I've noticed similar....except no Master skins.

People all going one lane. People jumping all over leaving lanes empty. One guy destroys a tower while our own gate furthest away needs defending so......lets go with the one guy who is managing to succeed leaving the gate needing protection empty.

I get why some people lose their tempers, so many got no idea.

brian!

I mainly group with ppl who are relatively new to the game and it does feel like the skill and knowledge disparity seems greater recently, but that could also be comfirmation bias talking

Yoshichan

welp, I'm terrible with Butcher (or overall, it seems).

Actually, I feel like I have no map presence at all. First game in 2 weeks, I didn't know it would be this bad, but I seem to have lost everything that I've known. I'm not looking at the mini map, I'm not keeping track on timers, I'm confused when to engage/back off etc. I'm currently experiencing the tunnel vision of my life - even more severe than the one I had when I first started driving a car.

This is gonna be painful.

edit: is there a list of how Malfurion got buffed? Actually, is there a complete list of changes (including the stealth buffs, which there seems to have happened a lot of) over the past two weeks? As expected, I'm completely overwhelmed despite having checked both this thread and Heroes-Reddit almost every day in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom