• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think it activates on purchase

Glad I asked. I'll refrain from purchasing it until I actually really want to start playing. That's really stupid...it being active even when you're not playing is understandable since that's pretty much how buffs in F2P games tend to work across the board, but why not make it an item that you get that can be "activated" to start the 7 day timer when you want?

Also on another note, my D3DOverrider does not seem to be activating when HotS runs. Is there something I need to do to force it?

Ketch

Glad I asked. I'll refrain from purchasing it until I actually really want to start playing. That's really stupid...it being active even when you're not playing is understandable since that's pretty much how buffs in F2P games tend to work across the board, but why not make it an item that you get that can be "activated" to start the 7 day timer when you want?

Also on another note, my D3DOverrider does not seem to be activating when HotS runs. Is there something I need to do to force it?

if i remember correctly, you need to play 11 games per day to make the cheaper stimpack "worth it" dollar to gold ratio wise, assuming 50% winrate. 9 games per day for the more expensive one. but off course there's no way to assign dollar value to xp.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
if i remember correctly, you need to play 11 games per day to make the cheaper stimpack "worth it" dollar to gold ratio wise, assuming 50% winrate. 9 games per day for the more expensive one. but off course there's no way to assign dollar value to xp.

Most of us get it for the xp now. I know I did. Speaking of not needing gold, now that I've bought Butcher and am not that fussed about getting my guys to lvl 9 (and assuming Leoric will be a normal hero+skin bundle which I'll buy with real money), I'm thinking of going back to basics. Picking 1 hero, and sticking with it for a few games instead of switching it up all the time. Especially with guys I don't like, Sylvanas for example, and my other level 5s (characters that I basically got to 5 for the gold and then didn't use again).

It's not often I encounter players who just yolo push a lane anymore but they're super frustrating when you do. They keep you in the match exp-wise but then cost you every teamfight and objective because you're always down a player.

What do you do about that?

They think they're contributing because they have added the most experience to your teams pool but have cost you teamfights and objectives, they ignore pings and polite requests. Personally I just let it go, spam pinging and flaming them in chat, if they even have communication with other players enabled, accomplishes next to nothing.

It's not often I encounter players who just yolo push a lane anymore but they're super frustrating when you do. They keep you in the match exp-wise but then cost you every teamfight and objective because you're always down a player.

What do you do about that?

If I was playing with friends, and some random was doing this, I'd lure the enemy team to his lane. Brute force him into the fight. Might not work, but the alternative is getting wiped and he'll be next on their list anyway. Another alternative (if the pusher is even halfway decent) is to join them. Your team should be smart enough to not fight a 3v5 anyway. And normally in those cases when I'll split to help the team, the other person will get the message and join.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Frostmourne hungers...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Free rotation:
Raynor
* Muradin
* Arthas
* Uther
* Nazeebo
* Jaina (lvl 12)
* Kerrigan (lvl 15)

Not a bad week for casuals imo.

Acidote

So, I've finally bought the last 7k gold hero I had left to buy. It's 10k heroes from now on, with Nazeebo and Nova on my priority list not for their efficiency, only because I like them. Although maybe it would be better to buy the newer ones from now on and wait on the others for price reductions...

Alavard

Not a fun week to be kerrigan. They did say they were going to address her talent tree so probably when Leoric hits we should something new.

I'm not so sure we're going to get much of a patch with Leoric. Same situation as with Johanna. She was put in the game (but locked) when Kael'Thas was released with a big patch. When Johanna was enabled a month later, it was a very minor patch in comparison. We had a very big patch with The Butcher, and Leoric's content is locked in the game again.

Maledict

I'm not so sure we're going to get much of a patch with Leoric. Same situation as with Johanna. She was put in the game (but locked) when Kael'Thas was released with a big patch. When Johanna was enabled a month later, it was a very minor patch in comparison. We had a very big patch with The Butcher, and Leoric's content is locked in the game again.

I don't think we'll get any patch at all other than a few minor bug fixes (the Dragonshire bug if it hasn't already been fixed etc). Patches go up on the test realm first for testing and we haven't seen that.

I think the rota we have is a big patch every 6 weeks, and two characters per patch - one on release, one half way through.

Yoshichan

Wait, Leoric is tomorrow?!

Yoshichan

Holy shit, I'm "behind" in XP then! The original plan was to level Butcher to 10 before Skeleton King comes out but I decided to play Malf (9) and Arthas (7) instead. Well then, I guess I can wait a bit with Leoric!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I know the idea is to have fun and play the game for the game etc...

...but man if these losing streaks dont complete deflate you. The new trend is aparently completely throwing games. All my losses today should have been wins but then somehow we throw the game even tho we were ahead 3/4 of it. Sigh

If I was playing with friends, and some random was doing this, I'd lure the enemy team to his lane. Brute force him into the fight. Might not work, but the alternative is getting wiped and he'll be next on their list anyway. Another alternative (if the pusher is even halfway decent) is to join them. Your team should be smart enough to not fight a 3v5 anyway. And normally in those cases when I'll split to help the team, the other person will get the message and join.

Bring the deathball to them. I could see that working on Haunted Mines and Battlefield of Eternity.

Oh.. Ok.. So now at least one person likes them, since I do :p

Go Tampon! Soak like never before!

I don't even know them and I like them just for the name. Unless that is just a play on the name Tempo Storm. In which case why isn't there a women team called Tampon Storm.

Go Tampon Storm go!

Kioshen

Right forgot about that. Still have my hopes up for her but it's looking grim.

Forkball

So I've decided to check out this game recently. I am fifteen games in, so here is my knee jerk reaction. I've never played League, but I have way too many Dota 2 games under my belt although I haven't touched the game for nearly a year and a half (almost two years if you don't count the New Bloom binge weekend). If you don't want countless "Dota does this, HotS does this" allusions, then skip this post.

+Matches are short. I think the longest match I had was about 29 minutes, with the shortest being about 13 minutes. Many games hover around the 20 minute mark, which is less than half of a Dota round. I find this a huge positive, as I hated having to dedicate basically an hour of my time to a game where the outcome is possibly decided within the first ten minutes.
+Objectives are interesting. Although most objectives are "collect X and turn it in" or "channel at this spot" there are enough twists that make them different. The best one is Eternal Conflict, where you have an angel and demon square off against each other and you have to assist in the battle. It's a very creative idea and a blast to play when both teams are in the center and you are trading blows between each other and the giant NPC. I think they are also balanced fairly well. Obtaining an objective turns the game in your favor, but the other team is still very much in the game. Though the pirate ship one is a bit OP. You can basically nuke their core to win the game.
+The visuals are nice. I guess it depends on whether or not you like Blizzard's artwork, and it certainly looks like what you'd expect from a Blizzard title. Heroes are noticeably larger than in Dota, which makes it easier to see where everyone is. The maps each have a visual flair that matches the theme and it changes everything from the buildings to even the creeps.
+The leveling system is pretty controversial since outleveling your opponent and having more gold than them is a huge aspect of MOBAs, but I think it works well for this game. It is actually quite similar to how you level up characters in Blizzard games. There are a lot of Paladins in WoW, but what sets them apart is what skills they pick and what attributes they focus on. Your Raynor may be completely different in terms of skills when compared to another Raynor in the same match.
+Personally, I like having your basic spells straight from the beginning. I know a big part of MOBA strategy is how you prioritize your skills, but you end up with all of them anyways. You can already do so much at the very beginning and you don't feel handicapped.
+There's no down time. In Dota, I often had no idea what I should be doing at some particular moment. We had board meetings discussing where the enemy team was (hint: it was always Roshan). The first eight minutes or so consists of you just trying to get strong enough where you don't die in one hit. In HotS, there is so much you can do right at the start of the battle. Some people say it reduces the amount key decisions you have to make, but it's good for a "pick up and play" type of game.
+Picking your hero before you join a party is a cool idea. It may result in some long queues, but there were a lot of times in Dota where I wanted to play a specific character or even a role, but couldn't due to the team composition. So basically an hour spent playing someone I didn't want to play. Though damn people stop picking Diablo. HE'S IN EVERY MATCH SOMETIMES TWICE.
+Lost Vikings are in this game, though I need some Rock N Roll Racing characters as well. The "Blizzard Classic" heroes are probably going to be slim pickings. They have Lost Vikings, Rock N Roll Racing... that's it. Maybe they can put some Overwatch characters in eventually.

-The game is very barebones in terms of content and features. I know LoL has about a six year head start, and Dota 2 has had years of updates as well, but I feel like it's missing many key features. It only has 30 or so heroes, which is like 1/5 of what LoL and Dota have. I almost never played the same character twice in a row in Dota, but you pretty much have to here. They do give some incentive for playing one character many times, but I don't think it makes up for how few there are.
-The menu UI is so plain and a bit obtuse. When I started the game up, I was taken to the home menu, where people were searching for parties. I joined one and had a game, but then I wanted to back out and make a new party. How do I do that? Was that really the home screen or just at the start up? How do I go back? Oh it's the logo on the top. I just had to guess. This is what Dota 2's menu looked like in 2012 when it was still in beta.
Dota2_ImBlueDaBaDee-600x375.jpg

It visualizes everything I need and shows me what I need to click on to do what. It's very clean and straightforward. Not to mention it got a sexy overhaul recently.. Watch that webm. It looks so professional. If I had to show a video game menu to the president, I would show him that.
-Speaking of UI, the ingame UI is also cumbersome. For one, it really needs to show how much mana a spell costs on the spell icon. I know it tells you when you hover over it, but I don't have time to do that in the middle of a big battle where I need to maximize my mana. I know this game is rather spell spammy, but it is still important. Not to mention they type up a paragraph saying what each thing does. That's fine, but it should at least immediately tell me if it's a target spell, AOE, skillshot or what.
-The flow of the game is a bit hard to grasp. In Dota, you have you laning phase where you try to get some levels and skills, you have your wandering phase where you help out your teammates and try to disrupt lanes, and then you go from there based on what's happening. It's fairly direct. Here I'm not sure what I should be doing when the game starts. Some people start trying to attack heroes, others fight creeps, others do god knows what. I'm not sure when I should be doing what and where. It feels less like tug of war and more like 52 card pickup.
-Not a fan of the free weekly heroes and general monetization method. They basically copied LoL. I can't blame them for that. LoL has made more money in the past five minutes than I have all year. But Dota does F2P better than perhaps any other game. You get ALL the heroes immediately. No BS. Not to mention you periodically get free customization items just for playing (equipable items > skins, although some skins do look nice). At the beginning they seem to give you quite a bit so you can buy a hero or two when you first start off. I have around 7,000 gold after 15 games (and the tutorial), so I can get a couple of heroes right now if I wanted to. But I have a feeling I am going to hit a brick wall where gaining new heroes will be a huge grind. You only get like 20 gold per game too. TWENTY. It's like asking for an allowance and your mom flicks a quarter at you.
-Matchmaking. This is just a goofy mess. I get paired up with people of random levels and it takes quite a while to even get into a damn game. I have no idea why it takes so long. Are only ten people playing HotS? When people are searching for parties I only see maybe three or so people wanting to join. Where is everyone?
-I feel like it could use a bit more complexity. It feels less like I need to make important decisions in terms of items and goals and more about just getting objectives and winning teamfights. I think they could have easily introduced items in this game. Along with your skills at certain levels, maybe you can pick from a list of items. These items are the same among all heroes, so you can really diversify your build in interesting ways. These items can be passive or active. I think you could implement it without it being overwhelming.

I think HotS is a pretty interesting game and I am definitely going to play it more. It still feels a bit unfinished and kind of sloppy compared to Dota, but I think a lot of the major decisions made that subvert MOBA expectations work pretty well. I think it's different enough that it would be worth recommending and it's not just "Dota for babies." Hopefully Blizzard can make it more content rich in the future. I'm still kind of waiting for them to do that with Hearthstone though.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Here I'm not sure what I should be doing when the game starts. Some people start trying to attack heroes, others fight creeps, others do god knows what.
Imagine when you first started playing DOTA 2 and you just hit every creep until people told you to stop because pushing the lane is bad and something about "lane equilibrium".

Forget about that here.

Remember when you'd use to use all your spells the moment you went into lane. And then when your team actually needed you to cast spells you didn't have the mana for it.

Forget about that here.

Your DOTA background is making you overthink these things when all you really need to do is push and harass until level 10, and then you group up and deathball. Occasionally you go around the map getting objectives (again, as a deathball). Some heroes will roam as well but otherwise the laning phase is extremely straightforward. The most important thing is to be in the lane to get exp, that's pretty much it.

I think you could implement it without it being overwhelming.
I doubt it. The talents are what "replaces" items in this game. I think that's the extent of the complexity Blizzard wants with regards to character progression over the course of a game. Really, the whole point of HOTS is so you don't need to think about these things you're accustomed to thinking about and just focus on fighting.

Zafir

So I've decided to check out this game recently. I am fifteen games in, so here is my knee jerk reaction. I've never played League, but I have way too many Dota 2 games under my belt although I haven't touched the game for nearly a year and a half (almost two years if you don't count the New Bloom binge weekend). If you don't want countless "Dota does this, HotS does this" allusions, then skip this post.

+Matches are short. I think the longest match I had was about 29 minutes, with the shortest being about 13 minutes. Many games hover around the 20 minute mark, which is less than half of a Dota round. I find this a huge positive, as I hated having to dedicate basically an hour of my time to a game where the outcome is possibly decided within the first ten minutes.
+Objectives are interesting. Although most objectives are "collect X and turn it in" or "channel at this spot" there are enough twists that make them different. The best one is Eternal Conflict, where you have an angel and demon square off against each other and you have to assist in the battle. It's a very creative idea and a blast to play when both teams are in the center and you are trading blows between each other and the giant NPC. I think they are also balanced fairly well. Obtaining an objective turns the game in your favor, but the other team is still very much in the game. Though the pirate ship one is a bit OP. You can basically nuke their core to win the game.
+The visuals are nice. I guess it depends on whether or not you like Blizzard's artwork, and it certainly looks like what you'd expect from a Blizzard title. Heroes are noticeably larger than in Dota, which makes it easier to see where everyone is. The maps each have a visual flair that matches the theme and it changes everything from the buildings to even the creeps.
+The leveling system is pretty controversial since outleveling your opponent and having more gold than them is a huge aspect of MOBAs, but I think it works well for this game. It is actually quite similar to how you level up characters in Blizzard games. There are a lot of Paladins in WoW, but what sets them apart is what skills they pick and what attributes they focus on. Your Raynor may be completely different in terms of skills when compared to another Raynor in the same match.
+Personally, I like having your basic spells straight from the beginning. I know a big part of MOBA strategy is how you prioritize your skills, but you end up with all of them anyways. You can already do so much at the very beginning and you don't feel handicapped.
+There's no down time. In Dota, I often had no idea what I should be doing at some particular moment. We had board meetings discussing where the enemy team was (hint: it was always Roshan). The first eight minutes or so consists of you just trying to get strong enough where you don't die in one hit. In HotS, there is so much you can do right at the start of the battle. Some people say it reduces the amount key decisions you have to make, but it's good for a "pick up and play" type of game.
+Picking your hero before you join a party is a cool idea. It may result in some long queues, but there were a lot of times in Dota where I wanted to play a specific character or even a role, but couldn't due to the team composition. So basically an hour spent playing someone I didn't want to play. Though damn people stop picking Diablo. HE'S IN EVERY MATCH SOMETIMES TWICE.
+Lost Vikings are in this game, though I need some Rock N Roll Racing characters as well. The "Blizzard Classic" heroes are probably going to be slim pickings. They have Lost Vikings, Rock N Roll Racing... that's it. Maybe they can put some Overwatch characters in eventually.

-The game is very barebones in terms of content and features. I know LoL has about a six year head start, and Dota 2 has had years of updates as well, but I feel like it's missing many key features. It only has 30 or so heroes, which is like 1/5 of what LoL and Dota have. I almost never played the same character twice in a row in Dota, but you pretty much have to here. They do give some incentive for playing one character many times, but I don't think it makes up for how few there are.
-The menu UI is so plain and a bit obtuse. When I started the game up, I was taken to the home menu, where people were searching for parties. I joined one and had a game, but then I wanted to back out and make a new party. How do I do that? Was that really the home screen or just at the start up? How do I go back? Oh it's the logo on the top. I just had to guess. This is what Dota 2's menu looked like in 2012 when it was still in beta.
Dota2_ImBlueDaBaDee-600x375.jpg

It visualizes everything I need and shows me what I need to click on to do what. It's very clean and straightforward. Not to mention it got a sexy overhaul recently.. Watch that webm. It looks so professional. If I had to show a video game menu to the president, I would show him that.
-Speaking of UI, the ingame UI is also cumbersome. For one, it really needs to show how much mana a spell costs on the spell icon. I know it tells you when you hover over it, but I don't have time to do that in the middle of a big battle where I need to maximize my mana. I know this game is rather spell spammy, but it is still important. Not to mention they type up a paragraph saying what each thing does. That's fine, but it should at least immediately tell me if it's a target spell, AOE, skillshot or what.
-The flow of the game is a bit hard to grasp. In Dota, you have you laning phase where you try to get some levels and skills, you have your wandering phase where you help out your teammates and try to disrupt lanes, and then you go from there based on what's happening. It's fairly direct. Here I'm not sure what I should be doing when the game starts. Some people start trying to attack heroes, others fight creeps, others do god knows what. I'm not sure when I should be doing what and where. It feels less like tug of war and more like 52 card pickup.
-Not a fan of the free weekly heroes and general monetization method. They basically copied LoL. I can't blame them for that. LoL has made more money in the past five minutes than I have all year. But Dota does F2P better than perhaps any other game. You get ALL the heroes immediately. No BS. Not to mention you periodically get free customization items just for playing (equipable items > skins, although some skins do look nice). At the beginning they seem to give you quite a bit so you can buy a hero or two when you first start off. I have around 7,000 gold after 15 games (and the tutorial), so I can get a couple of heroes right now if I wanted to. But I have a feeling I am going to hit a brick wall where gaining new heroes will be a huge grind. You only get like 20 gold per game too. TWENTY. It's like asking for an allowance and your mom flicks a quarter at you.
-Matchmaking. This is just a goofy mess. I get paired up with people of random levels and it takes quite a while to even get into a damn game. I have no idea why it takes so long. Are only ten people playing HotS? When people are searching for parties I only see maybe three or so people wanting to join. Where is everyone?
-I feel like it could use a bit more complexity. It feels less like I need to make important decisions in terms of items and goals and more about just getting objectives and winning teamfights. I think they could have easily introduced items in this game. Along with your skills at certain levels, maybe you can pick from a list of items. These items are the same among all heroes, so you can really diversify your build in interesting ways. These items can be passive or active. I think you could implement it without it being overwhelming.

I think HotS is a pretty interesting game and I am definitely going to play it more. It still feels a bit unfinished and kind of sloppy compared to Dota, but I think a lot of the major decisions made that subvert MOBA expectations work pretty well. I think it's different enough that it would be worth recommending and it's not just "Dota for babies." Hopefully Blizzard can make it more content rich in the future. I'm still kind of waiting for them to do that with Hearthstone though.
While I agree it's lacking in some places in terms of features, mainly matchmaking(I still can't believe they launched the game without fixing it but whatever. xD). I think you went in expecting too much personally in terms of heroes. Yes, LoL and Dota 2 have 100 heroes + and a lot of other features. They've been going for years though. Google tells me League of Legends had 41 heroes in its first year. Dota 2 I can't remember, but they had some groundwork in place since they had the original dota to take hero ideas from. Smite didn't have that many either, and it has 67 now from what I remember. They could have tried to make more heroes, but they could have just ended up being rushed and poorly done.

Game flow, that is more of a flaw of its newness if you ask me. When you get to higher level play, you see a lot more structure in terms of how the matches work out. If you wanted to read an example of this, I'd recommend reading Dreadnaught's Dragon Shire guide, which really goes into details on their thoughts of how to play that map. A basic overview is basically, until ten you want one person in each lane apart from when objectives are up. The last two could either help lane, or gank. After 10 it's more about team fights and you spend more time grouped up, making sure you're still defending, getting camps and objectives when necessary.

Yoshichan

Good post Forkball

Alur

So why don't people pick Devourer Spirit on Zeebs anymore? It's still good!

The hitbox/radius is just too small now and there is too much evasion in the game. People could walk out of it before when it was OP and the hitbox was much larger. Now? Unless you literally sit on the CD waiting for the perfect time it's not gonna do a lot for you...conversely Gargantuan has a nice short cooldown and you can't really feel bad about dropping it anywhere. It wrecks forts and keeps. It causes chaos in teamfights, etc.

I was one of the biggest proponents of Ravenous Spirit on Nazeebo early on before it was the OP monster getting first picked everywhere. Now it's more like I'm So Ravenous Cause I Can't Fucking Catch Up To Anyone And Eat Monster, though.

Welcome aboard! I would argue this is exactly how new players to Dota or League feel as well. No one has any clue WTF to do. Add new players to more new players and it's just a cluster.

Everyone here starts at the same MMR meaning you're either playing with brand new players like yourself...or with players who aren't new but aren't good enough to get another 100-150 MMR to get out of Silver league MMR.

It's generally pretty straightforward at that level. You lane til 10. If an objective spawns while you are laning, you support your team in getting it. If they don't go, you shouldn't either cause you'll die 1v5. Get 10, group up and move from objective to objective. The farther up you go the more it will diverge from that general strategy, but playing with randoms in quick match the best bet is to deathball.

Right now it is taking longer because of two things. One, they have disabled all North American servers except for the West Coast (US8) server because of issues ISP's were having with the Central and East Coast servers. Two, they are now trying to match people based on MMR as well as amount of games played (relatively). Before, you as Mr. Forkball could win 5-7 games in a row to start your HOTS career in either Quick Match or Hero League and then be queuing with Diamond and Master level players (due to how huge MMR gains are early) until you likely lost a few in a row and cost your team those games and got bumped back down with the newbies. Now, by taking games played into account, it won't jump you so far up so quickly. The cost is a little bit of queue time.

For me and my friends, we typically sit at about 80-150 sec queues right now (all in Diamond, one of us near Master). The higher up the ladder you go the longer the queues seem to take. When I play on one of my alt accounts that is lower MMR it takes less than 30 seconds most times though. Even in the middle of the night.

Negative on the items for me. The talents function in the same way and mostly (from my rather rudimentary viewing and playing of other mobas) pretty much get used in the same way. There are a couple optimal builds or at least 4 or 5 optimal talents on the way up and those get abused and everything else is just molded around it. In that way I don't see the "depth" that is in items that isn't in talents being such a great divide. They've basically replaced like for like on a more streamlined platform but with less bad options to get trapped in though bad options certainly exist. My experience with mobas and watching moba streams has basically told me that diversity is an illusion once you reach a certain level of skill - there's always an optimal path or two to choose where diversity becomes "at level 'x' you can choose between 'y' and 'z'" instead of "you can just pick whatever and it'll be awesome!".

I will say the strategy of the game here is where the depth lies. Not so much in the talents, though you can certainly counter particular heroes hard with a few choices. When to capture mercs, when to let a tribute go and push the opposing lane, predicting movement and setting up a party bush, knowing when to cede a fort or when to poke in a fight while your Sylvanas pushes down their's solo at the other end of the map, etc.

I think HotS is a pretty interesting game and I am definitely going to play it more. It still feels a bit unfinished and kind of sloppy compared to Dota, but I think a lot of the major decisions made that subvert MOBA expectations work pretty well.

For me this is an apples and oranges thing. People who dedicated significant time to Dota or League would probably see it your way, but to me that's just putting the expectations of another game onto the new game you're playing.

I don't miss last hitting or gold. I don't miss drawn out laning phases. I like having multiple maps to access and play on. I enjoy being able to use my kit from the start. All of these things are part what gets it labeled "Dota for babies" by some as well as "easy to pick up and fun from the start" by others. It does lack some features and could certainly use more heroes, I agree, but the places it diverges from traditional moba style are for the most part home runs in my book.

Yoshichan

I forgot about the monk - is he being released 2 weeks after Leoric just like Butcher > Leroic?

Rhaknar

I forgot about the monk - is he being released 2 weeks after Leoric just like Butcher > Leroic?

Leoric is 3 weeks after Butcher. And who knows, by the time Butcher was making the rounds in videos so was Leoric. We've only seen the Monk in CGI form

Yoshichan

3 weeks, that's right!

Alur

Three to four weeks is the gap, though the last batch was three and it looks like Leoric will be three so here's hoping.

EDIT: Beaten by Rhaknar the Resurrected.

Rhaknar

popped my hero league cherry with a win using mah girl Li Li

Every new hero release means a new body to buff with as Abathur. Psyched to do some solo queue Abathur tomorrow with big old Leo on my team. Not sure he'll co.bo as well as Butcher though.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Every new hero release means a new body to buff with as Abathur. Psyched to do some solo queue Abathur tomorrow with big old Leo on my team. Not sure he'll co.bo as well as Butcher though.

Melee Assassins work best. You don't get a significant damage boost from beefy dudes that don't do much damage. Monk may be good with Abathur.

Melee Assassins work best. You don't get a significant damage boost from beefy dudes that don't do much damage. Monk may be good with Abathur.

Yeah but when Leo is doing that crazy swiinging heroic ability and I'm shielding him and poppibg AoE and stabbing shit, fools gonna DIE!

Alur

Monk may be good with Abathur.

I was thinking the same thing.

Since we don't know where he'll slot (hybrid support or full support) he could be an amazing hat target. I personally hope he can go full out damage or full out healing due to the new trait choice at level 1 but that seems unlikely.

Rhaknar

2 for 2 in hero league, Uther this time because enemy picked Li Li

maybe theres something to this hero league thing >_>

Maledict

I was thinking the same thing.

Since we don't know where he'll slot (hybrid support or full support) he could be an amazing hat target. I personally hope he can go full out damage or full out healing due to the new trait choice at level 1 but that seems unlikely.

I really doubt he'll be able to go full, all out damage. I suspect he'll have the option of going either offensive support like tyrande / Tassadar, or full on support like the other main supports.

I just want another full time healer so the game has a bit of variety on that front...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom