• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
are you back to being addicted rahknar?

no. nor can I go back to those days because i dont have much free time these days. but im playing like 4-5 games a day again at least

edit: nova actually just made me rage quit (not the match, just made me be done for tonight). Forgot how insuferable that character is. Still the only character in the game that makes me go "what were they thinking?". Wheres Milly to make fun of me?

Complistic

no. nor can I go back to those days because i dont have much free time these days. but im playing like 4-5 games a day again at least

edit: nova actually just made me rage quit (not the match, just made me be done for tonight). Forgot how insuferable that character is. Still the only character in the game that makes me go "what were they thinking?". Wheres Milly to make fun of me?

Nova is pretty balanced. She does Good damage but she has zero survivability or mobility.

Next time pick a hero with some reveal and watch how nova does nothing all match.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Nova is pretty balanced. She does Good damage but she has zero survivability or mobility.

Next time pick a hero with some reveal and watch how nova does nothing all match.

I didnt say she wasnt balanced, nor did I say there arent ways around her. Just the simple fact that, as you said, you need to play a specific character to counter her is part of the problem. In my opinion of course. We are still allowed to have those right?

But i had my share of Nova discussions months ago and dont particulary care about having them again.

Cerato

Neo Member
I'm 51 - 26 in QM as Kerrigan. I think it's actually on the strength of seasoned marksman and her lvl 4 cleave talent. I always generate the most XP on the team (unless vikings), and I usually have +35 damage rating around level 20, for game changing kills.

Can't wait to show some nubs how it's done this week >:)

This is the build I use:

https://www.heroesfire.com/hots/guide/kerrigan-eternal-queen-of-blades-2405

I tend to pick up bolt of the storm, because being able to avoid a late game kill is pretty critical, especially for a character that has to jump in as much as kerrigan.

Also, everytime you use an ability, you'll land an auto attack for about 500 damage. The build author goes a little crazy saying you shouldn't just break off combos, but instead let yourself weave in auto attacks between abilities. If you're going toe to toe with a tough opponent, sure, weave in auto attacks. But once you get fed, you're more worried about people getting away than doing enough damage to kill them, so I tend to just open with the combo as quickly as possibly.

Zafir

I have to admit if I had to choose a character I most dislike, it would be Nova. Not because I think she's imbalanced or anything of the sort or even that I dislike her playstyle or anything. I just hate what she and pugs mix into. A good one on the enemy team means allies just end up getting themselves killed because they don't play safe and watch for the shimmer. A bad one on your team, which can happen a lot since everyone and their mother seems to pick her even in HL against Tassadars, can sometimes mean you're just lacking something in team fights and laning phases.

Alur

I didnt say she wasnt balanced, nor did I say there arent ways around her. Just the simple fact that, as you said, you need to play a specific character to counter her is part of the problem. In my opinion of course. We are still allowed to have those right?

But i had my share of Nova discussions months ago and dont particulary care about having them again.

No need to raise your hackles.

Nova is far from the only hero that has specific counters you have to use.

Maledict

I have to admit if I had to choose a character I most dislike, it would be Nova. Not because I think she's imbalanced or anything of the sort or even that I dislike her playstyle or anything. I just hate what she and pugs mix into. A good one on the enemy team means allies just end up getting themselves killed because they don't play safe and watch for the shimmer. A bad one on your team, which can happen a lot since everyone and their mother seems to pick her even in HL against Tassadars, can sometimes mean you're just lacking something in team fights and laning phases.

Occasionally, presumably because my MMR isn't great, I still get people picking Nova in hero league in the first 4 spaces. It's so painful... :(

Rhaknar

Leoric's alt skin looks amazing, bundle justified

No need to raise your hackles.

Sometimes you just want to say "I dislike something", I dont need to hear why im wrong for dislking something. Especially when, again, I was not saying shit like "OMG SHES SO OP", I merely said I hate the character and I question their decidion for her mechanics. Its like Phonix in mvc3, shes not top tier (anymore at least in ultimate), theres "ways around her" but you know what, most people hate her and her style.

Alur

Sometimes you just want to say "I dislike something", I dont need to hear why im wrong for dislking something.

His response wasn't "you're wrong". His response was "she's alright, here's what you to do to counter her". Completely different things. Every response with a counter viewpoint or information isn't saying you're wrong, lol.

Rhaknar

His response wasn't "you're wrong". His response was "she's alright, here's what you to do to counter her". Completely different things. Every response with a counter viewpoint or information isn't saying you're wrong, lol.

"next time pick a hero with vision" sounded like "lol l2p nub pick the right hero" to me. Im sure im wrong, you cant judge intentions from writting, you can only...assume them.

Anyway, you know who I didnt particulary like and had a blast with earlier? Sylvanas! Aparently shes considered good for hero league, need to get some games on her to add her to my arsenal I only really feel confident with Valla for dps tbh (and Zaggy probably)

Complistic

Wow, yeah. I wasn't even beginning to start anything. You rage quit against her so I was only offering you some help. I don't know what you know and what you don't. Or anything other people might not know who also have issues with her.

Rhaknar

Wow, yeah. I wasn't even beginning to start anything. You rage quit against her so I was only offering you some help. I don't know what you know and what you don't. Or anything other people might not know who also have issues with her.

I didnt rage quit against her, I rage quit after that game :p I dont rage quit actual games lol. Anyway its all good

kirblar

The issue in HL is that so many people are functionally illiterate on game mechanics and don't understand that "oh they have a stealthy" means "pick up Tyrande (Shadowstalk) or Tassadar and blow them up" when you have a chance to react to it.

Also, the large number of players failing the ol' "Are you playing Kael'Thas? Are you within arms length of an ally? " test.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Kaelthas fix, finally?

What's wrong with Kael'thas?

I must be the only player to have been here since Alpha but haven't touched Hero League.... 'cause I don't own enough heroes...

Been in since the Alpha, have all but two heroes unlocked, have yet to play any hero league. I don't want to deal with the restrictive meta limiting the already limited hero pool. Kinda hoping things open up once the hero pool is larger.

Milly79

Dis game doe... Dat MM so stronk.

Best part was they almost won. They kept suiciding our stuff, we had nothing left. They got our core down to 37% while their Jo tried to finish it off with the golem. We quickly won after that, but damn I thought we were gonna get rekt. Zera and Nova did work.

Been in since the Alpha, have all but two heroes unlocked, have yet to play any hero league. I don't want to deal with the restrictive meta limiting the already limited hero pool. Kinda hoping things open up once the hero pool is larger.

Probably but there is always a heroe who will be stronger that the others in their respective class, getting nerfed and another will arise, repeat

Rhaknar

So, the Gargantuan picking up lane minions, is that a actual thing or a bug?

In the latest top 5 fails TGN video, there's a gargantuan with a minion in his hand, the team goes for the boss, the gargantuan drops the minion which gives the enemy team vision of what was happening to they ganged them

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I think I played too much Heroes today... I'm off to bed.

Edit: 15 QMs (11 wins, 3 losses) and 31 AI games, a total of 46 games today. What the fuck.

Alur

I think I played too much Heroes today... I'm off to bed.

Edit: 15 QMs (11 wins, 3 losses) and 31 AI games, a total of 46 games today. What the fuck.

Oooh yummy. So...

31 AI games at about 12 minutes a game average or so = 6.2 hours

15 QMs at 20 minutes a game average or so = 5 hours

= 11.2 hours of HOTS.

You played so long you can't even do math anymore (11 wins + 3 losses = 15!).

Rhaknar

31 AI games is very much WTF indeed. I can't even fathom a reason to play more than 1 (if it's a new hero)

Guesong

Oh gosh I am queing with a new-to-Hero-League level 48 friend.

Why did I volunteer to go back into this dark abyss of low MMR.

Lost all the games, lost so many points (110 per game o_O). People getting caught out way out of position. Raynor raynoring. I am a sad panda now.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i feel like Raynor is doing a lot of damage these days. maybe there's some sort of elevated plane to be on with being a good Raynor

Rhaknar

It baffles me how many people think Li Li is easy to kill

Duress

Some guy said I shouldn't pick a tank, just before time ran out on Hero League picks. I picked Nova, and he said gg we lose or something.

We ended up winning, and I had 2nd most kills, and no deaths. gg indeed

Zafir

Oh gosh I am queing with a new-to-Hero-League level 48 friend.

Why did I volunteer to go back into this dark abyss of low MMR.

Lost all the games, lost so many points (110 per game o_O). People getting caught out way out of position. Raynor raynoring. I am a sad panda now.

That's effectively how I managed to almost screw my MMR in Hero League(I say almost because I suppose middling Plat isn't that bad, just worse than my QM mmr). Played with a friend who had absolutely diabolic luck when he first started HL and got into MMR hell. Between that and some overcompensation because my mmr was higher, we had some awful groups. We managed to pull it back eventually, but I still get put with worse players when I queue with him. :( Sad that I don't really think his mmr reflects his skill really. Just seems like you can so easily get yourself into a rut in the current HL system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom