• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I tried my Tyrael on a Kael and it worked out quite nicely. It wasn't a proper team-sync test since it wasn't a deathball vs deathball situation, but I waited until he used his tornado thing then I think I went Judgement, Basic, Smite, Righteousness, Might>Teleport, and a couple hits and he was down. So an average Tyrael heroic combo can quickly assassinate a Kael if CC friends don't interrupt. I forgot if he got bomb on me or not, but I was able to stick around for the teamfight.

Indignate

I had one earlier with a Falstad who spawned and flew immediately into death 9 times before level 10. It was something.

I said, "I'm not BMing, but maybe try to fly NEAR the target and not ON TOP of the target so you can live next time".

Sounds like he had a bad team that wasn't there to back him up.

Rezae

Is Sylvanas broken or is Quick Match filled with a lot of newbies right now? I only dabbled in the beta, but saw this thread a few days ago, came back and bought Sylvanas with my stockpile of coins, it seems like I'm getting some lopsided scores (which shouldn't be happening....).

LVPIllsl.jpg

Alur

Wow stop bullying bad Falstads Aiur.

Y'all know me, new thread but still the same ole G.

Sounds like he had a bad team that wasn't there to back him up.

Probably the right of it, Indignate. :D

I should find him and apologize for my constructive criticism actions. I should've used the criticism sandwich instead.

Falstad, I LIKE that you are eager to fight. HOWEVER, I am CONCERNED that you are dying immediately after using your Flight. I SUGGEST that you choose a spot a few yards away from the battle next time so that you can live and fight longer!
Did that work?

Is Sylvanas broken or is Quick Match filled with a lot of newbies right now? I only dabbled in the beta, but saw this thread a few days ago, came back and bought Sylvanas with my stockpile of coins, it seems like I'm getting some lopsided scores (which shouldn't be happening....).

Can't enlarge your pic to see what you did. Just post the original but put it in quote tags.

EDIT: There ya go!

Double EDIT: Doesn't seem out of the ordinary. Good damage, siege is up there pretty good. What map were you on? You also had a real comp which helps. The other team was saddled with two tanks and Azmodan isn't exactly the greatest damage dealer. And that Tychus, oh boy. That whole team shit the bed basically other than Lili.

You get em like that for a bit, then you get em the reverse. RNG 4eva.

Indignate

Falstad, I LIKE that you are eager to fight. HOWEVER, I am CONCERNED that you are dying immediately after using your Flight. I SUGGEST that you choose a spot a few yards away from the battle next time so that you can live and fight longer!
Did that work?

Can you guys just be there when I fly in? Gosh! teamisbad no map awareness

Is Sylvanas broken or is Quick Match filled with a lot of newbies right now? I only dabbled in the beta, but saw this thread a few days ago, came back and bought Sylvanas with my stockpile of coins, it seems like I'm getting some lopsided scores (which shouldn't be happening....)

I think girl is crazy good right now. She's my go to hero when I want to win a match and she's so damn fun to play. Topping the charts really isn't a rare event for her since her kit allows her to output so much damage on both heroes and creeps.

//ARCANUM

So just had a strange thing happen. Played a game and won. My Sylvanas hit level 6, and I hit player level 13, got 500 gold for Sylvanas's level 6. Then once I back out of the progress screen, my Sylvanas is level 5 and I have none of the reward for her except for the 500 gold. Oh and my player level is correct at 13.... everything changed except for Sylvanas. I quit and relogged and same thing.

Anyone experience anything like this? What should I do? Did I just lose the progress?

Alur

Gotta say, NA GAF went pretty hard today. Started as the other GAF now we here.

At one point it appeared we had two groups of 5 and one group of 3 going at once which is pretty awesome along with all the other people on and playing. I saw Tetron, RenPhoenix and Ketch running groups along with my own and I'm sure there were others. Lots of good games had.

Also...a ton of new faces with lots of viewers streaming HOTS today. HOTS has been on the frontpage all day which is awesome...it's sitting in 3rd with 17,000+ viewers at 1:15 AM CST. Not too shabby.

Here's hoping they hang around, yea?

Launch day was it was/is what it is. We didn't get everything we wanted, but the real world is finally here. I'm pretty damn excited to see if all the time and hype a lot of us have invested into this game is going to pay off going forward.

Whether it does or not, HOTS is still fun as hell and I've been in for over a year now.

/slowclap Blizzard and you guys. <3

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wake me up when Gaz skins go on sale

Alur

So just had a strange thing happen. Played a game and won. My Sylvanas hit level 6, and I hit player level 13, got 500 gold for Sylvanas's level 6. Then once I back out of the progress screen, my Sylvanas is level 5 and I have none of the reward for her except for the 500 gold. Oh and my player level is correct at 13.... everything changed except for Sylvanas. I quit and relogged and same thing.

Anyone experience anything like this? What should I do? Did I just lose the progress?

You get the 500g for hitting hero level 5, not for hero level 6. Maybe you just thought it was 6?

Can you guys just be there when I fly in? Gosh! teamisbad no map awareness

It's like you are his lawyer or something! I must tell him how sorry I be. inb4 lawsuit.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Comment for the "QM groups suck, I keep losing" convo:

I can't remember where I heard/read it, but someone said it wisely imho, in QM you most likely do more good helping the others do the wrong thing, than doing the right thing alone.

perhaps it was in this very good guide, that's been pasted here few times already:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/heroes/485714-hero-league-101

Committing to a bad idea is always better than not committing because you think it's a bad idea. If you commit and fail, you all failed. If you don't commit and fail, then you are the ass that could have made the difference, you'll never know

Phased

I'll be extremely surprised if Blizzard manages to do a new hero every 3-4 weeks. I love the game and I love Blizzard but you gotta be realistic, this is Blizzard. That said, coming up on my 1000 game mark I think the only thing that could make this game fail would be Blizzard themselves. Short matches so it's easy to get into and just play a quick game, and the depth is there if you wanna be more competitive with it.

Also I'm always in a game when the calls go out for groups on the gaf channel =(

//ARCANUM

You get the 500g for hitting hero level 5, not for hero level 6. Maybe you just thought it was 6?

It's like you are his lawyer or something! I must tell him how sorry I be. inb4 lawsuit.

sorry i mixed that up, but i just played another game, im still level 5 but it shows me having earned the level 6 rewards on the level 5 screen....

see?

.... weird right?

edit - and when i back out, those level 6 rewards are *not* unlocked...

double edit - okay wait maybe im dumb and it shows you what you unlock next on that screen..... so yeah, no explanation as to what happened that game, but at least I'm keeping the exp now...

Alur

sorry i mixed that up, but i just played another game, im still level 5 but it shows me having earned the level 6 rewards on the level 5 screen....

Yeah, like he said, it's just showing you what you get next level. "The carrot" if you will.

I'll be extremely surprised if Blizzard manages to do a new hero every 3-4 weeks.

Me too. They are a bit like GRRM with their pacing...but they do have a bunch in the pipeline that should be close. The question is can they quit hoarding them and worrying over them and just put them out, see what happens, and just release quick hotfixes if there's a problem. That would seem the prudent course if they really wanna reach 3 weeks.

And if they did manage to reach it, if only like every other month, this game would probably skyrocket.

I feel like every 3-4 weeks is too frequent, 6 weeks seems better but at some point you will run out of fun heroes to pump out. I know coming out every three weeks I'm less likely to buy them with cash, 6'weeksmor more I'm much more likely to drop the £7.50 and just buy it outright

Ragnaroz

They can't have a serious MOBA with this small amount of heroes, that's why they at least plan to release them in quick succession. LoL released 2 champions a month for the first few years. It's can't be a very diverse competitive MOBA without at least 60 heroes and Blizz should reach that threshold by the end of 2016 if they keep to their schedule.

Xeilyn

I havent played in awhile but i would love if they released a new hero atleast once a month. I tried getting into Dota but i just like this so much more, would play it more frequently if there were more heroes. Would also be great if they did like Smite with their ultimate god pack and then just make money from skins but i guess the current model is fine

Chaos17

Committing to a bad idea is always better than not committing because you think it's a bad idea. If you commit and fail, you all failed. If you don't commit and fail, then you are the ass that could have made the difference, you'll never know

I don't support people who do intentionally 1 vs 5 just for the sake of pvp.

carlsojo

Dang I don't really like MOBAs at all but I kind of like this.. Just played Diablo in my first open match and I loved it. Stunlocking with the charges and grabs was awesome.

Alex

Whew, just a bit above 50/50 for the day, played a ton.Had a big loss streak earlier in the day but a big winning streak rounded it out.

I don't support people who do intentionally 1 vs 5 just for the sake of pvp.

Aye, I can't get behind supporting stupid play and avoiding the objectives for the sake of ganking people.

Same applies to the people that are taking a camp or for some reason trying to solo the boss while a team fight is going down about 5 mouse clicks away

Ragnaroz

Just had two HL teams in a row that didn't cry about me picking Nova and didn't spend the entire game flaming me. Easy two wins.

Oibignose

Took a month or so off hots to revise and do some other work but started playing again this week. Exam tomorrow and then I am going to put some serious time into this game.

Played my first hero league games last night as lili 1-1. We were being totally overwhelmed in both matches but both ended up being close. That's the best thing about this moba compared to the rest of the genre, you never feel like you're out of the game even. Well unless you get stuck with real trolls.

bizzle

Neo Member
It reeeeeaaaally depends on the hero. For example, Nova has some trouble even with just giants at level 15, but Zagara can take those at 7. ETC has stuns and can take a lot of damage, especially if you picked superiority, but they take so long getting them with him it's not the best use of your time.
FYI, creeps scale with hero levels.

This maybe the most disheartening loss I've experienced so far on this game.

For me it was a 35-5 in our favor, our team was stomping them in teamfight but we were careless of the murky, he pushed one lane, they won the last team fight they rushed the core.

Lesson learned i hope.

The retail pack isn't available in my country so I tried buying it from two of these sites that sell cd keys for it. In both cases all sorts of stupid shit happened and I had to get a refund. Sucks :(

sibarraz

Banned
Yesterday I had a Uther who died 5 times in the first 10 minutes

He told me that I didn't understad Uther since the idea of the character was TO DIE.

Indignate

Wake me up when Gaz skins go on sale

Gazillion skins might go on sale during the anniversary.

Yesterday I had a Uther who died 5 times in the first 10 minutes

He told me that I didn't understad Uther since the idea of the character was TO DIE.

If he dies he can just spam heals without worry. He has you there. Plus, the respawn timers aren't that high in the beginning, so he's back into the fight with full life and mana pretty quickly. He's got you with the double now.

I hope when he plays as Tyrael that he yells at his teammates for healing him.

Moff

this is my first MOBA and I know MOBA communities are extremely unfriendly to new players so I want to make sure I know the game before I play with actual people

I played a few games as rayonr and the demon hunter, they were fine. I tried many other heroes and found that I like azmodan a lot. all his abilities and talents match the way I want to play, so I bought him for 10 bucks. was that my first mistake? it seemed to take forever getting gold to unlock him like that.

now I don't want to play rated anytime soon, but apparently I need 10 characters for that? what's the best way to unlock them? they hardly expect me to pay 100 bucks to play rated, do they?

apart from that I liked the game a lot, pushing my lanes and sieging. am I supposed to main 1 character or do I need to change them depending on the map or the enemy classes? can I even change the hero after i have that information?

also, is there some kind of communication I need to learn during team play? how do palyers decide who picks which lane etc?

Ragnaroz

If you want to open 10 characters quickly and cheaply, just get a starter pack(5$ one) that has Li Li, Muradin and Malfurion. Other than that, just keep leveling all the heroes to lvl 5(500g) and work on your acc level. You can easily have 10 of them by the time you're level 30.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Good morning! I feel some wrinkles under my eyes!

I see that R E L E A S E - R A Y N O R S are live! God damn HYPE!

Double

this is my first MOBA and I know MOBA communities are extremely unfriendly to new players so I want to make sure I know the game before I play with actual people

I played a few games as rayonr and the demon hunter, they were fine. I tried many other heroes and found that I like azmodan a lot. all his abilities and talents match the way I want to play, so I bought him for 10 bucks. was that my first mistake? it seemed to take forever getting gold to unlock him like that.

now I don't want to play rated anytime soon, but apparently I need 10 characters for that? what's the best way to unlock them? they hardly expect me to pay 100 bucks to play rated, do they?

apart from that I liked the game a lot, pushing my lanes and sieging. am I supposed to main 1 character or do I need to change them depending on the map or the enemy classes? can I even change the hero after i have that information?

also, is there some kind of communication I need to learn during team play? how do palyers decide who picks which lane etc?

Well, best bet for your wallet would probably have been to wait for an Azmodan sale, granting 50% off his real money price, but that would of course occur randomly (read: at Blizzards decision) and could take a whole while.

If you are sure to enjoy him after trying him out enough on free week, there's nothing really wrong with going for it. The gold gains at the start are actually still pretty high though. When you click on your protrait and then "Player progression" you can see what rewards you are gonna get for leveling up your account. You can also get 500 gold each for leveling a hero up to level 5, so you should try to do this with the heroes on the free rotation to gather additional gold. Both these kinds of income are finite tho since you won't be getting any more of it once your account became level 40 and you have all the available heroes up to 5. Then most of your income will come from daily quests which you unlock at account level 6 and of which you will get one per day (as long as you don't already have all 3 quest slots occupied because you didn't finish at least one of them last day), ranging from a worth of 200 to 800 gold.

So, you will get a fair bit of gold at the start through leveling stuff, but 10k gold is still quite much and will eat up your refunds soon enough when you keep buying more of the expensive heroes (newly released heroes cost 15k gold by the way for two weeks before they drop to 10k gold, so never buy these during this timeframe with your gold at least, unless you really don't see anything else left in the shop longing for your gold bag). As everyone here will tell you, best way is to try out all heroes in every weeks free rotation to at least level 5, then wait for the next rotation to rince repeat, until you are starting to really miss heroes. That's when you drop your bucks or gold (best for the lower priced heroes as you get a better quote of gold for bucks value out of buying 10k and to an extend also 7k gold heroes with your real world monies). You CAN have a diverse enough time without dropping real money on the game when you play a lot, doing your quests daily. There is also a way to improve gold gain by quests a little bit by the way by keeping (read: not finishing) lower worth quests (200 or 300 gold), so the exact same quest (i.e. "play 2 games as a Diablo hero") can't show up for you again, which of course improves the change of getting one of the other, higher value quests. But as you learn the game and try out roles and heroes and still have gold gain through leveling, you really shouldn't do this as the effects are only minimal and it would be dumb to exclude yourself from playing specific stuff so early. It's more of an option for later, when you realize "well, I'm just fine with playing not Diablo hero right for the time being and don't need that chunk of 200 gold right now".

It's okay to just focus on one single character... until you head into Hero League (ranked), which you unlock by reaching account level 30 and owning 10 heroes, yes. There you will have a pick & draft phase in which you can see the map that is going to be played and both teams will take turns in choosing their heroes, so you have information about yours and the enemy team before picking your hero. You might end up as last to choose, so it would hurt your team composition if you then can't react to what kind of hero / role your team needs. But yeah, you can do whatever you like in Quickmatch, you won't have any information other than what hero you are playing until the game starts, but neither does anybody else.

Lane picking usually goes automatically by the start of a game with people just heading to where they think they should go (and premades often going together obviously), but one can ask nicely if they have suggestions to change things in this phase of the game.

Most important tool for communication in the game are pings, you have to hold G and then you can point your mouse to 4 different sorts of pings and then release the button to inform your team about your intentions. Also there is a "retreat"-ping available if you press... F or V, I'm not sure really, I just know where to put my finger in the game ;D

edited some extra stuff

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
"Real money transactions have been temporarily disabled."

Anyone else getting this message in-game (EU)? :(

Does anyone in NA region have their cardback mount or HotS cardback in HS yet? I've got all the pre-requisites, but they're not unlocking for me...

funo

"Real money transactions have been temporarily disabled."

Anyone else getting this message in-game (EU)? :(

Yoshi, this is an intervention.
We, your fellow gaffers, told Blizzard to disable real money transactions for you only.
It's for your own good.

Yoshichan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom