• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

subwilde

2-7 in hero league so far. Both wins were solo queues and the rest are with my friends. Is it cause I have 1000 more mmr points(I'm around 2000) than they do or maybe it's coincidence we are 0-7? Our team comps always seem fairly decent as well. Although today we had a murky on our team die 27 times which was about a third of all team kills(6 or 7), we died 19 times total. I asked him if he knew how to play murky and he said create a distraction and try not to die. Help me.

I think my left ear was ringing a bit after that game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Most of the murkys I'm seeing in QM are still playing like it's beta and think all they are good for is running into buildings.

I'm sure that might still work I guess but he's so good in TFs now, his bubble, his surprising high dmg, the constant respawning especially with aggressive eggs... makes me sad.

Or I'm the one playing him wrong maybe lol

kirblar

2-7 in hero league so far. Both wins were solo queues and the rest are with my friends. Is it cause I have 1000 more mmr points(I'm around 2000) than they do or maybe it's coincidence we are 0-7? Our team comps always seem fairly decent as well. Although today we had a murky on our team die 27 times which was about a third of all team kills(6 or 7), we died 19 times total. I asked him if he knew how to play murky and he said create a distraction and try not to die. Help me.

If you're 1000 points above them you really need to stop running HL with them. You'll lose way more points with each loss.

danielcw

2-7 in hero league so far. Both wins were solo queues and the rest are with my friends. Is it cause I have 1000 more mmr points(I'm around 2000) than they do or maybe it's coincidence we are 0-7?

Are you sure your MMR is 1000 points different?
You played all but 2 games together, so that sounds unlikely.

Zafir

If you're 1000 points above them you really need to stop running HL with them. You'll lose way more points with each loss.
You don't actually. How much you gain is based on averages. The problem is more a overall average mmr team is generally better than one awful player three average and one good.

Well, from experience it tends to overcompensate due to the fact you're bringing the mmr up. A friend i play with who got really unlucky in the beginning, despite my mmr being apparently in the mid 2000s, the average mmr in those games tend to be mid 1000s.

Maledict

I bought Thrall.
He's a bunch of fun. Dunno why y'all were shitting on him. :p

In the current roster of heroes, the issue is there is nothing he does which another melee assassin can't do better. He's not ultra bad like certain other heroes, he's just wildly outclassed by say The Butcher.

Rizzi

In the current roster of heroes, the issue is there is nothing he does which another melee assassin can't do better. He's not ultra bad like certain other heroes, he's just wildly outclassed by say The Butcher.

The Butcher doesn't shoot lightning and wolves out of his hands though.

Dr. Buni

I bought Thrall.
He's a bunch of fun. Dunno why y'all were shitting on him. :p
If a character isn't the best for its role, people will say said hero is a waste of gold. I say as long as the characters is fun/you like it, it's totally worth it.

Though The Butcher is a lot cooler than Thrall imo

Zafir

If a character isn't the best for its role, people will say said hero is a waste of gold. I say as long as the characters is fun/you like it, it's totally worth it.

Though The Butcher is a lot cooler than Thrall imo
Well it depends what your goal is. If, for example, you were wanting to get a high rank in HL you're just better off going for the best heroes because it increases your chances of winning if you can play them well. On the other hand if you just want to play for fun in QM, play/buy what ever you want. No hero is so bad that they can't win any games at all.

kirblar

Thrall is actually just actively bad right now competitively because he has tissue paper HP and zero mobility or on-demand self-sustain- if you pick him in HL you're handicapping your team.

This is also unlikely to change in the near future because his design is a noobkiller because people don't realize you just run away from him and 2 on 1 him. If they adjusted his numbers up to where they'd need to be, he'd be right back to slaughtering low level players.

Maledict

Invisible Nova shouldn't be able to cap the dragon shrines.
Annoying as fuck.

I thinks there's only one character in the game who can't reveal a nova capping a shrine (Lili) and if they are on the shrine you should be able to reveal them fairly easily?

Dr. Buni

Well it depends what your goal is. If, for example, you were wanting to get a high rank in HL you're just better off going for the best heroes because it increases your chances of winning if you can play them well. On the other hand if you just want to play for fun in QM, play/buy what ever you want. No hero is so bad that they can't win any games at all.
Yeah, I can't get into that mentality, regardless of the game I am playing. If I had to play specific heroes (the best ones) to win I would just stop playing. Fortunately it isn't the case for HotS.

It is just a bit annoying seeing people bothering others (or me, but not here on GAF) because they play character x or y.

Interfectum

Not posted yet?

Supposedly new hero leaked in Korea (Diablo Monk, Karajim):

o27G7f7.png

PNxe1fA.jpg

YkS3YDG.jpg

2hjYpk7.jpg

subwilde

Are you sure your MMR is 1000 points different?
You played all but 2 games together, so that sounds unlikely.

Played over a couple hundred quick matches, just finally starting hero league. Not sure what the hero league mmr is as of right now but I can check. Hopefully it will balance itself out!

TxdoHawk

Seeing heavy Leoric use in HoTS tourney stuff this weekend makes me happy and sad at the same time. Happy because he's definitely competitive right now, sad because he's probably going to get beaten silly with the nerf bat. :( He just has way too much sustain right now, it seems, even when you factor in that he's a warrior with no real hard CC (unless you count Entomb, although everybody seems to take Black King and I'd argue that is the much better pick right now.)

Maledict

I'm not a fan of March - it seems really easy to avoid. Entomb on the other hand is so powerful for catching out of place heroes. Yes at 20 it becomes a "force bolt" tool, but until then it allows for some really easy fun ganks.

I am curious as to when they will fix the bolt issue. It's clearly not healthy for the game right now - I've played matches where ever single hero takes bolt. Very few people are taking the ult upgrades because it's *so* powerful. I honestly think Kael's enrage timer isn't 16, it's 20 - because once he hits 20, he gets a get out of jail free card and is suddenly not gankable in the same way as he was before.

Bolt is just too good. A few select heroes may be okay with it, but as a generic talent it should go.

He has his little suck in move? Hrm....if the 3rd picture is to be believed.

That's his teleport thing, not a suck in move

is bad blood c9 vortex? did vortex quit C9 and then change their name to bad blood? lol. I would have went with "HotS Drama" instead, but i like it anyway.

so is it rawrjar still on complexity? was bad blood in this tournament?

coL picked up Jaximus, who was a Curse Academy player and sub for Curse's LoL team who switched over to HotS. He's pretty good, but makes some big mistakes still, probably from not understanding the game as well yet. Rawrjar is their coach. They brought him in shortly after June NA Open

Nope. Remember Turdburger was asking someone to ask Mc about it yesterday. And I did, and he said he didn't have anything to do with it and that the guys they had now were good. That's about it.

EDIT: Wait that was Kings. They were there for THI.

Vortex didn't play in THI because Zixz was apparently moving that weekend. Then they played their ESL match the following Thursday vs Stellar Lotus as Based God FMB with Bobby and Tazza still playing. Then by Friday night I guess Bobby and Tazza had quit and Erho and McIntyre had played a few HL games together or something and had a heart to heart? Lol. Then they signed up for Kings as Bad Blood

Bobby and Tazza were awful against Stellar Lotus. Tazza literally looked like a QM player. Bobby just doesn't play tanks well anymore. I don't know if their performance against Stellar Lotus led to drama or whatever, but it sounds like the current roster for Bad Blood is what they're going with for good.

I really like Syracuse, I think he's basically a Trummel who has much more game sense and won't be guaranteed for that one idiotic death every game. I also thought Erho was always a more talented player than any other tank coL or Barrel Boys had, and was always disappointed that he and McIntyre didn't get along.

I hope that Niero guy ends up performing well and that the roster sticks

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
even blizz knows Tass aint no support so they threw in Li Li also lol

brian!

Entomb is pretty good but yeah seems kind of meant for snowballing (which is good, if it was effective late game it would be ridiculous), tho it has use later too. March works with his kit well, and having two unstoppables is always useful. Both seem good

Valus

Oh yay I finally get to try Butcher and get him to level 5. When the heck will Murky/Abathur be free? They will be the only two left that I haven't tried after Butcher.

Alur

Oh yay I finally get to try Butcher and get him to level 5. When the heck will Murky/Abathur be free? They will be the only two left that I haven't tried after Butcher.

Rarely.

Abathur pops up every few months or so, but Murky has only been free two times ever. The last time he was free was before his talent changes.

Rhaknar

Im the best Murky player in the world btw

true story

Gotchaye

I'm not a fan of March - it seems really easy to avoid. Entomb on the other hand is so powerful for catching out of place heroes. Yes at 20 it becomes a "force bolt" tool, but until then it allows for some really easy fun ganks.

I am curious as to when they will fix the bolt issue. It's clearly not healthy for the game right now - I've played matches where ever single hero takes bolt. Very few people are taking the ult upgrades because it's *so* powerful. I honestly think Kael's enrage timer isn't 16, it's 20 - because once he hits 20, he gets a get out of jail free card and is suddenly not gankable in the same way as he was before.

Bolt is just too good. A few select heroes may be okay with it, but as a generic talent it should go.

This was something that League of Legends was trying to deal with for years. No matter how long they made the cooldown or how short they made the range of Flash it was still picked by almost everybody. Now they just balance around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom