• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
has there been any actual official news on monk or the next balance patch? I guess we'll find out at gamescom?

a trailer leaked in korea and theres some pictures from that, thats about it. Gamescon indeed, wouldnt surprise me if he was on ptr next week after gamescon and live in 2 weeks or something

The only thing better than Murky is your avatar. All other answers are invalid. It is known.

Y-you too

This was something that League of Legends was trying to deal with for years. No matter how long they made the cooldown or how short they made the range of Flash it was still picked by almost everybody. Now they just balance around it.

Which completely sucks for league. They pigeonholed themselves into flash, and instead of giving it to everyone like recall its just...there to always be picked.

What I like though is that Bolt of the Storm isnt always the best option. Like if the enemy team has a bunch of gap closers and stuns and your team doesnt have peel, then ok bolt is a good option. But if your team is good at peeling, than sometimes its beneficial to take another talent. Like with KJ sometimes Ill take the phoenix talent because a 14 second phoenix can be pretty beneficial in zoning. Or for Tychus Ill take the Odin upgrade because I already have first aid, stone skin, and he has a dash.

But theres cases like Zagara who cant really protect herself that bolt is pretty necessary. The other talen options arent really worth it as well because they're not that beneficial.

Alur

What I like though is that Bolt of the Storm isnt always the best option.

Those times are kind of few and far between, though, for people who solo queue and those in competitive both. Even when you could take the other talents, you still can't go wrong with Bolt.

And then there's the heroes like your Zag example who need it or else. Honestly I wouldn't ever go without it on KT. Too much risk for too little reward IMO in a game where one wipe can end it at that point.

Ketch

they just need to puff the shit out of lvl 20 heroic upgrades. they should be epic as fuck. Most of them are underwhelming, some of them are down right bad.

Maledict

The thing is, bolt is often a "get out of jail free card". And the death timers at 20 are so long that there really isn't a balanced talent they could take that would be better than that. The opportunity costs are so immense that realistically, even in a game where you are crushing them, you should still take bolt because a death could be the turnaround they need and bolt prevents that happening.

I think they just need to bite the bullet and remove it (or put it at 10!). It's too powerful, and it changes the game in a really unfun way. It's also the exact opposite of their intent - level 20 is supposed to have the "end the game" talents according to blizzard, but instead all anyone takes is general (usually Hardened Shield and Bolt, primarily bolt).

It makes level 20 the dullest in the game - almost all my mains are selecting bolt. 20 is supposed to be the super storm talents, instead its...bolt. Bolt on Kael, bolt on Jaina, bolt on Zagara, Bolt on Sylvanas... I don't think it can be balanced (loL shows that) so it should just be removed.

Also, fun topic of the day - who CAN'T Leoric successfully duel? Butcher and Thrall seem to be the main candidates. Zeratul for some reason seems to really suffer against him...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
after Zeeb's master skin im going to be completely tapped out of gold, need to start getting my 8s to 9 for that 750g each

Alur how many master skins do you have on your 30567 level 10s?

Celegus

Woop woop, finally get to try Nova and probably get wrecked by Tassadars on every enemy team. I don't think she's my style anyway though.

Alur

Alur how many master skins do you have on your 30567 level 10s?

I don't have that many 10's compared to a lot of people. Like 20-25 across all accounts, but davemo/dmosher has like 22 on just his one account.

Think I have 8 or 9 masters though.

So who is the current roster for bad blood? McIntyre, erho, Syracuse, neiro, and ?

Zixz is their 5th, the support player from C9V

a trailer leaked in korea and theres some pictures from that, thats about it. Gamescon indeed, wouldnt surprise me if he was on ptr next week after gamescon and live in 2 weeks or something

Yeah I think they'll unveil their plans for the next few months of the game at Gamescom and there'll be a PTR next week

August NA open starts this weekend, I suppose it also makes sense that they would be timing it so that the patch drops the Tuesday after that tournament ends (after next weekend).

They could just make Bolt of the Storm function like Dota 2's Blink Dagger. If you take damage, be it a direct attack, an applied DoT or nearby DoT, you can't use Blink Dagger. The timer resets by three seconds every time you take damage. It basically makes Blink Dagger more of an initiation tool and less of a reliable escape tool. That would shift Bolt to being a more aggressive talent for chasing or starting fights and less of a "get out of jail for free" talent.

Rhaknar

Is Nova's super slow / hard hitting auto attack not a talent anymore?

Great free week for me. Played my first games with Butcher and Thrall. I like them both a lot.

I actually think Thrall is mechanically a lot more fun that Butcher, viability aside.

Guesong

At level 1 I assume? They should just go ahead and make it baseline since its pretty much a auto pick anyway

I Never Pick it. I think it Is awful.

It only move the damage. It doesnt actually increase it. Instead of doing Say 1000 damage per second for 3s youll do 3000 the first second then nothing after.

I mean it has its uses but i Much prefer playing with more sustaind damage with one in the chambre in That tier.

It only move the damage. It doesnt actually increase it. Instead of doing Say 1000 damage per second for 3s youll do 3000 the first second then nothing after.

I mean it has its uses but i Much prefer playing with more sustaind damage with one in the chambre in That tier.

It's definitely a trade off. You do the same exact damage as you would without out, but it allows you to do hit and runs more.

Sustain means nothing to nova. It's all about the burst. It's an excellent talent.

Ketch

Also, fun topic of the day - who CAN'T Leoric successfully duel? Butcher and Thrall seem to be the main candidates. Zeratul for some reason seems to really suffer against him...

He beats butcher, because butcher had to hit to life steal and Leoric doesn't. just save your Q for when he uses butchers brand.

subwilde

Update on my HL status... Lost 3 in a row today then all of a sudden won 3 in a row. First was like 35-1 in kills and the last 2 were comebacks. Total it's 5-10 now. I seem to be progressively getting more points each HL game I play? Normal? First few were around 150-200 now it's 400 for wins...weird

Edit: finally not a junior after 2 years :p

I was gonna say this. Isn't the whole point of Nova to burst and run?

Yeah, I get it every time. I forget what else is part of that branch, but it's definitely not a waste. If you didn't have it it makes one-shotting people so much more difficult. You're only going to want to exhaust everything in one at the end of a teamfight or gank to pick someone off anyway, not go for creep score or lane pushing. It can be problematic at times when you have say, Illidan, or Zeratul jumping round you and need damage fast if stuff is on cooldown and you get caught with no escape but otherwise, I usually get the skill that buffs snipes from cloak first, so I can go Crippling Shot, Cloaked Snipe, envenom/AA, and it usually gets the job done.

Celegus

Hey Leoric, probably don't entomb Zagara. 3 of their team waltzed in to beat me up, got eaten up by my Maw and then brutally murdered. So good!

Rhaknar

Played my first game with Tyrael in months, just needed 1 game for level 8 and i have the warrior quest. I really like him, that talent to make the AoE block path is amazing, mini-hunt is great also. Was a win but we did have a proper tank (Muradin?) so I could worry less about doing tanky stuff

Svafnir

I really go back and forth from hating and loving this game. I hate how much it relies on team and how solo play does not shine like it does in dota.

Lose a ton of hero leagues in a row because of composition or disconnects. Then win 10 in a row because the other team is dog shit or picked bad heroes.

It's just insane.

danielcw

I am playing on low spec and I cant usually see Nova or Zera T_T

I don't know any graphics setting, that makes spotting the shimmer easier. You should be fine on low. Of course it is difficult to impossible to see her, when she is standing still.

Sustain means nothing to nova. It's all about the burst. It's an excellent talent.

You can also make errors, miss shots, or make wrong judgements. The other options give you wiggle room.
And yes, you can use Nova for sustain, if the situation is right.

I only pick the that particular ability, if the enemy team is very squishy and has shown not so careful behaviour.

Lately I've had so much more success solo queue with Jaina versus Kael'thas. The positioning of the two is generally the same, try and hang back behind your team in a fight, but Jaina just has so many more tools to deal with everything that's a threat to her. With Kael sometimes it feels like I'm hanging back and just waiting and waiting for 16. With Jaina sometimes you're kind of waiting on iceblock but I feel like more of a threat throughout.

You can also make errors, miss shots, or make wrong judgements. The other options give you wiggle room.
And yes, you can use Nova for sustain, if the situation is right.

I only pick the that particular ability, if the enemy team is very squishy and has shown not so careful behaviour.
I just don't see it. The other options are so bad, and AA shells is fantastic for burst. Maybe one in the chamber works after rewind...but you'll still burst for a lot less than AA shells. Covert ops is garbage. I can't imagine getting much value from explosive round. I guess you can clear the mines a little faster but that's really not what Nova's focus is.

Maledict

Lately I've had so much more success solo queue with Jaina versus Kael'thas. The positioning of the two is generally the same, try and hang back behind your team in a fight, but Jaina just has so many more tools to deal with everything that's a threat to her. With Kael sometimes it feels like I'm hanging back and just waiting and waiting for 16. With Jaina sometimes you're kind of waiting on iceblock but I feel like more of a threat throughout.

Jaina is absolutely better than KAel - she's the top ranged assassin in the game for a reason. Unlike Kael she's dangerous from level 1, and whilst she doesn't have the 'artillery piece' aspect Kael gets at 16 she's still capable of taking out an entire team on her own with her root / blizzard / frost bolt / elemental combo. Also iceblock is a major game changer on her - being able to stop a burst train like The Butcher hurting you is astonishingly powerful.

Think I said a few pages ago, she needs a slight nerf - not much, but currently she's just too good compared to other ranged assassins and I don't think it would be healthy for all of them to have the same burst and control that she currently has.

Milly79

She technically does get an artillery piece at 13 with storm front. I have been taking it lately. Great for poking, but ice block is still probably better. Blizzard is on way too long of a CD to play her like Kael, which sucks for being as passive as I am. :(

My Jaina winrate is like 20% lower than my Kael's. :(

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I don't understand how to play Tyrael, but I think I hate him.

I actually really enjoy Tyrael, he's one of my favorite warriors even though he is certainly not one of the strongest warriors. I'd place him midrange somewhere. I'm hoping they polish him up in time. I like to build him for lots of smite damage and buffed group shields. I find his ultimates lacking though, and rarely useful.

kirblar

I just had Remorseless bug out on Sylv and not give extra damage. Anyone else seen that?

edit: Weird, just checked- damage bonus was in there, but was only giving the Crit! indicator on BB, not BoE.

Alur

My Jaina winrate is like 20% lower than my Kael's. :(

Sounds like my Sylvanas winrate on my main account vs any other ranged DPS (and versus my Sylvanas winrate on other accounts).

I just had Remorseless bug out on Sylv and not give extra damage. Anyone else seen that?

edit: Weird, just checked- damage bonus was in there, but was only giving the Crit! indicator on BB, not BoE.

Played a couple games of TLV last night. On one of em, it bugged out as I loaded in and the 1-4 selectors for the Vikings were unavailable. All I could do was box drag them and then once one died he was immobile til I sent another Viking back to pick him up. I quit the match and logged back into it and it was fixed. Rather strange.

Anyone in EU interested in putting a team together for the EU open?

Semi-"pro", real life goes first, fun for adults - kind of stuff?

It would be just nice just to practice with full team for fun and self-improvement every now and then, few nights a week max..

Edit: or is there such a team already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom