• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

I am not talking about early game laning, I am talking about a fight to the death between the two heroes.

even late game, unless butcher gets a lucky charge into furnace he can't kill because leoric can life steal outside of melee range and butcher can't. the only thing leoric has to do is Q and walk away when butcher brand comes out. Then the fight is reset except butcher is almost dead and leoric is almost full. Unless leoric just stands there and eats right clicks for an extended period he comes out on top.

Not to mention imposing presence, hardened shield or even the lvl 20 death march. Even if things go badly, leoric can just wraith walk away.

I am not talking about early game laning, I am talking about a fight to the death between the two heroes.

Early, mid, late game, it doesn't matter, Butcher's Brand range stays the same throughout. Unless there is coordinated CC behind The Butcher, the branded hero can just walk away and The Butcher loses his survivability. Wraith Walk shuts down Charge (indirectly shuts down Furnace Blast initiation if Leoric is the target) and Lamb to the Slaughter, Drain Hope has an AoE whereas Butcher's Brand requires proximity and they both have slows. Where's The Butcher's advantage?

Pooya

How many more Diablo characters we have to suffer through? Is the next one last one?

Then we have to go through StarCraft and possibly Overwatch before any more WarCraft characters? If that's what they are doing, it's really bad.. Just release a new hero from a different game every time.

Guesong

How many more Diablo characters we have to suffer through? Is the next one last one?

Then we have to go through StarCraft and possibly Overwatch before any more WarCraft characters? If that's what they are doing, it's really bad.. Just release a new hero from a different game every time.

Theres like at least twice as much WC characters than Diablo or SC at the moment. Let them have love.

Alavard

The Monk will be the last Diablo hero for a while. And as for Overwatch characters, they've said the don't intend to introduce any of them until Overwatch is actually out. And they may actually mean full release, not just beta.

There's probably going to be a gap of months in between this Diablo event and the Starcraft event (if there even is a Starcraft event, we're all just assuming here).

Adding all that together and given how many of the datamined in development heroes are from Warcraft, we're probably looking at a few Warcraft heroes after the Monk.

Leoric and The Butcher are awesome heroes and soon we're getting a new support (a Diablo one when there are currently none). How is that suffering?

Pooya

Theres like at least twice as much WC characters than Diablo or SC at the moment. Let them have love.

I get that, it's just that events like this get too boring when they last this long. I'm already sick of treasure goblins lol. And there were supposed to be several Diablo maps, we still only have that single terrible one. Makes you wonder for how much longer there is only going to be Diablo stuff. The heroes are fine.

The Monk will be the last Diablo hero for a while. And as for Overwatch characters, they've said the don't intend to introduce any of them until Overwatch is actually out. And they may actually mean full release, not just beta.

There's probably going to be a gap of months in between this Diablo event and the Starcraft event (if there even is a Starcraft event, we're all just assuming here).

Adding all that together and given how many of the datamined in development heroes are from Warcraft, we're probably looking at a few Warcraft heroes after the Monk.

Sounds good to me, thanks.

Milly79

Nova bundle is out. NOVAZON!

Battle Beast is available for purchase
Demonic Tyrael and Blood Elf Tyrande are back too

Tyrael and Tyrande look the same, wtf

Alavard

I get that, it's just that events like this get too boring when they last this long. I'm already sick of treasure goblins lol. And there were supposed to be several Diablo maps, we still only have that single terrible one. Makes you wonder how much longer there is only going to be Diablo stuff.

It hasn't actually been that long though. And Johanna wasn't even part of the event. So we've only had the release of The Butcher and Leoric so far as part of the event, with the Monk still to come. So we're at, what, 5 weeks of the event so far? Also, there were never going to be 'several' Diablo-themed maps, but two. And it's still entirely possible we'll get the second map along with the Monk.

We have probably another couple of weeks before the Monk is released, and then the event will probably continue until just before the (non-diablo) hero after that is released.

Ketch

Nova bundle is out. NOVAZON!

Battle Beast is available for purchase

ugh. im conflicted. I don't like nova, but i'm a huge fan of D2 amazon.... what to do?

I held out on buying nova, jumped on the full bundle 😦

Probably gonna hold out on Amazon Nova until I get more invested in the game. Would consider buying the full bundle too if they had LoL's system for offering a (paltry) discount on it if you already own parts of the bundle, but only really for Roller Derby Nova. The other skin is fug.

The Dude has some wise words for all of you ragers.

Earned my Jaina master skin in the worst game ever. Raynor riding the ass of two teammates, a Nova and Butcher, the entire match. They struggled early and he wouldn't let it go. He wasn't necessarily wrong but he fucking sunk that match and any possibility of teamwork by being a raging prick with his incessant negativity. It's better to be a bit calm and patient because stats-wise they turned it around but there was little to no teamwork with Raynor after that.

Whatever, hatz are what's truly important:
DNDjman.jpg

1YFVyUk.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Blood Elf Tyrande.

Who were you talking to when you said it? It sounds like a reply to Aquavelvaman except his post about the skin was posts after yours.

Are you a wizard?

Complistic

e

They aren't back, They've been sitting there, unpurchasable since i can remember. They're redoing tyrandes.

Also I think im going to play a lot of azmodan this week. Then probably buy him when the week is over. Having a lot of success with him. He's a lot of fun. Dunking never gets old.

Also seeing all the new novas wasting their snipes on me thinking im squishy is hilarious.

Milly79

They aren't back, They've been sitting there, unpurchasable since i can remember. They're redoing tyrandes.

Also I think im going to play a lot of azmodan this week. Then probably buy him when the week is over. Having a lot of success with him. He's a lot of fun. Dunking never gets old.

Also seeing all the new novas wasting their snipes on me thinking im squishy is hilarious.

They were back for about 45 mins.

Huh weird, I never noticed blood elf Tyrande was unpurchaseable. Figures though because it's just a reskin.

Demon Tyrael also isn't purchaseable @_@

I always rocked Seraphim tyrael though...his black skin on that one is so amazing. Now that's a demonic tyrael.

Ketch

Li Li apparently went up to 4k and $7.98. Buff inc?

that's so weird.... why increase the price though? so many reworks and never a price increase.... she's like the easiest hero to play....

maybe they're letting you target the heals now?

Alur

I'm going with it's a bug. Who knows, really. Strange stuff.

I expect to see those sweet Gamescom updates about HOTS flooding the thread when I wake up in the AM. Don't fail me HOTSGAF.

Huh weird, I never noticed blood elf Tyrande was unpurchaseable. Figures though because it's just a reskin.

Demon Tyrael also isn't purchaseable @_@

I always rocked Seraphim tyrael though...his black skin on that one is so amazing. Now that's a demonic tyrael.

I read somewhere that due to a ton of negative feedback regarding Demon Tyrael being a straight up recoloring with red eyes and pretty much no alterations to the model whatsoever, it has been suspended from being purchased because they are reworking the model.

It's possible the same is true for Blood Elf Tyrande since it seems it's also in the same boat.

I read somewhere that due to a ton of negative feedback regarding Demon Tyrael being a straight up recoloring with red eyes and pretty much no alterations to the model whatsoever, it has been suspended from being purchased because they are reworking the model.

It's possible the same is true for Blood Elf Tyrande since it seems it's also in the same boat.

Yeah Tyrandes skin is just different pauldrons/crest behind her. Otherwise it's just a flesh-recolor

Novazon looks so good. I really hope that they end up adding the Amazon as an actual Hero at some point. Make her a Javazon or combine range bow skills with melee javalin skills to set her apart from Valla.

funo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom