• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Is Abathur a nice character to play? I just got my first 10k of gold, and I'm not sure where to spend it!

I own Abathur and I love playing him, but unless your team is very good and coordinated Abathur can be a detriment, especially in random QM's. I only play him in co-op games versus AI, that way I don't feel so guilty in gimping my team so much.

If you want to buy a hero you can play in every mode and win with, I wouldn't buy Abathur honestly. He needs some tweaks in order to be competitive again IMHO, even though he is fun to play.

The game has finally been released and you know what that means! ;))

aded3a7c4026412baf7b34f150b67d89.png

Hi this is GM kissbaby you want golds we have the golds please visit blizzard.account.cn or we will punish of the account

I own Abathur and I love playing him, but unless your team is very good and coordinated Abathur can be a detriment, especially in random QM's. I only play him in co-op games versus AI, that way I don't feel so guilty in gimping my team so much.

If you want to buy a hero you can play in every mode and win with, I wouldn't buy Abathur honestly. He needs some tweaks in order to be competitive again IMHO, even though he is fun to play.

Abathur is a beast with the right build and the right host. I fought an Abby + Muradin in HL last night, both of which were quite good players, and it was a fucking nightmare.

In general, he is so build dependent it's not funny, and it requires you to have the experience to look at your team, your opponent's team, and then take an educated guess as to what to go with in the first 30 seconds of the game and hope you didn't just gimp your team considering how incredibly important his first 2-4 talent tiers are.

kirblar

The game's definitely set up to make you want to pay to "catch em all" - but once you do, you're set as long as you keep up w/ dailies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I go out for one hour. ONE HOUR, to fix my passport.

And that one fucking hour, I get a ticket, 120 dollars, for apparently having parked my car for 20 minutes in a load area for trucks. I've been parking my car there for 6+ years and they decided to add a new sign to that spot just now.

I am fucked. I am literally fucked right now. I just bought a bunch of shit for this game and I was barely going to survive the rest of the month. Now this happens.

I guess that's that.

G fucking G.

Kssio_Aug

Never buy a character you haven't a least levelled to 5 during a free week. Gold gain goes down significantly once you levelled all heroes t 5 and your account to 40, so if you buy something expensive you end up not liking you'll regret it.

I'm really enjoying Falstad gameplay, I believe I will spend my gold on him!

I go out for one hour. ONE HOUR, to fix my passport.

And that one fucking hour, I get a ticket, 120 dollars, for apparently having parked my car for 20 minutes in a load area for trucks. I've been parking my car there for 6+ years and they decided to add a new sign to that spot just now.

I am fucked. I am literally fucked right now. I just bought a bunch of shit for this game and I was barely going to survive the rest of the month. Now this happens.

I guess that's that.

G fucking G.

Dispute the ticket. If anything you can drag out the time until a guilty plea, should be well over a month at that point and probably even longer before the fine is actually due.

Dispute the ticket. If anything you can drag out the time until a guilty plea, should be well over a month at that point and probably even longer before the fine is actually due.

This is good advice. Dispute the ticket, and you can put off paying it. At the hearing, show up, don't contest it, and you'll probably owe a little more (due to court costs and all that), but you can ask to be put on a payment plan.

Edit: That, or you can ask for another 30-90 days to pay off the full costs.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thanks guys, I'm gonna try and do that. Disputing the ticket is next to impossible where I live, they're almost always 100% correct and it's very hard to dispute it for good. I will however try and delay the payment with 90 days or so... that's when I start getting money again.

Summer break is sweet but the struggle for economy is real :(.

Once again, thanks for the support guys. Best community.

edit: Jesus Christ, I read the ticket. It says (translated) that even if I'm gonna dispute the ticket, the fee needs to be payed.

edit 2: Okay, I'm gonna make a phone call to their office tomorrow and see if I can delay it by 90 days!

Double

Lets just friggin' win Blizzcon and then we have all the moneys we need.

Seriously though, that sucks, sorry to hear. Guess some fools in QM are gonna pay dearly for this shit tonight!

Good luck with the call, and... happy birthday :D

I dunno where you live, but the generally the process where I live involves going to court the day listed on the ticket, then enter a plea of not guilty, then they give you a court date which is much later, then you show up and - if you're lucky - just by showing up they may let you off the hook.

Otherwise, you go make your case to the judge, if the cop doesn't show up you get another shot at getting off the hook. If the cop does show up, you'll probably have to pay the ticket, in which case then you can tell the court you can't pay it right now and ask for a period of time to be able to produce the full payment.

I dunno where you live, but the generally the process where I live involves going to court the day listed on the ticket, then enter a plea of not guilty, then they give you a court date which is much later, then you show up and - if you're lucky - just by showing up they may let you off the hook.

Otherwise, you go make your case to the judge, if the cop doesn't show up you get another shot at getting off the hook. If the cop does show up, you'll probably have to pay the ticket, in which case then you can tell the court you can't pay it right now and ask for a period of time to be able to produce the full payment.

Sorry derail.. but Dude! Sounds like you could use some slimming down the system.. Sounds like a really expensive way to do parking tickets :)

Here, Finland, it's more like a bill you get. You have to pay it. If you don't, they send you another bill, to remind you, with added costs.

(Long story short)
If you still delay, and don't pay they just take it straight out of what ever income you have, with added costs.

I don't even know if you can go to court for an unpaid ticket, not for one at least.
(I'm no legal expert though, but for my best knowledge this is about it)

Yoshichan

Massive sudden lag spikes on EU... causing me to disconnect from a game that was going on for 30 minutes.

What a day it's been. What an outstanding day this is going to be.

edit: wow, I managed to reconnect and win it! YAY.

Skab

It's like Street Fighter where you have to work toward unlocking special moves before you can use them in matches, and they keep releasing new ones and the meta shifts. I remember when I tried it (early on). Things seemed okay until I started coming up against these hunters, then I saw this hunter thing was strong in the meta at the time and the way people were dealing with it was to... build an anti-hunter deck, which of course was not well-rounded and had plenty of troubles vs other decks. It seemed like a really shitty unbalanced Pokemon. I dropped out there and from everything I have read, things just followed this pattern, and Blizzard would "fix" issues by making something else broken, until it's all these counter-broken shits playing each other.

Okay I'll stop ranting about Hearthstone in the HotS thread now. I'm just rather vocal about the only Blizzard thing to truly thoroughly disappoint me. I had a go at MtG for a while once and it seemed waaaay better.

What the hell kind of Street Fighter have you been playing?

Yoshichan

brian!

Maybe he means unlock like unleashing the beazt within like daigo

Knnejerk tier listing of johanna from only playing against her for two games and not really knowing her kit: 2/3

Feel like she can do really well w/ amp healing and followup cc, paired with something like malf or jaina.

-Digits-

I think he meant it's like a Street Fighter game where you'd have to unlock moves, please don't give Capcom any ideas!

You know that tier means animal in german. Shes a waifu animal. Rrrrrrrrrrrr.

meow

So far I've only played her by buffing her trait mostly, and using her primarily for stunning and blinding. Her bread and butter is basically D + W, then Q to slow as many as you can while close, and E whenever up in team fights

I'm having trouble figuring out when I need to push for objectives with my team and when I should split push lanes, especially while playing Illidan. Is there a certain point where this is more/less beneficial? Is it my fault for not joining the team if say the enemy team is 5 manning bot and I'm split pushing top?

I've generally been erring on the side of just split pushing, but I have a feeling I might be doing the wrong thing. I can especially see this as an issue in Solo queue, where even if it is the right thing, it still might be the wrong thing if my team engages and gets wiped. I'm more asking for when I'm playing with a group of 4 friends or something though, where we are all in skype and can communicate easier.

Yoshichan

Hey, yo,
I'm all about dat 16 wins in a row

I don't care about dat one game versus AI or loss
Here I am folks, the best in the world across

I'm not afraid of no rebound nor MMR to bring me down
Yo I'm fucking shit up, now where's my crown

AeEHLmn.jpg

brian!

I'm having trouble figuring out when I need to push for objectives with my team and when I should split push lanes, especially while playing Illidan. Is there a certain point where this is more/less beneficial? Is it my fault for not joining the team if say the enemy team is 5 manning bot and I'm split pushing top?

I've generally been erring on the side of just split pushing, but I have a feeling I might be doing the wrong thing. I can especially see this as an issue in Solo queue, where even if it is the right thing, it still might be the wrong thing if my team engages and gets wiped. I'm more asking for when I'm playing with a group of 4 friends or something though, where we are all in skype and can communicate easier.

To generalize, the game is about being as greedy as you can about taking the most resources without leaving yourself open to counterplay. Giving the enemy team a 5v4 is giving a large window for counterplay, and it's easier to get engaged on in this game due to map size, mounts, etc. But ofc its not a blanket thing and depends on a bunch of stuff (where ppl are on the map, how booty your team is, etc etc)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Split pushing is dumb. Don't do it unless you're Zagara or Gazlowe and even on those heroes you're actually throwing a bit unless your 4 has amazing teamfight.

gryvan

Hey, yo,
I'm all about dat 16 wins in a row

I don't care about dat versus AI or loss
Here I am folks, the best in the world across

I'm not afraid of no rebound nor MMR to bring me down
Yo I'm fucking shit up, now where's my crown

AeEHLmn.jpg

*stares at that loss*

brian!

I wouldnt split push w/ gaz and zag, they are slo as fuk and easy to kill, you ideally want heroes that can tele like bw or heroes w/ good waveclear and escape

Split pushing is largely about drawing pressure, you want them to come up for the wave they are about to lose while you rotate somewhere else. If you're in it for the buildings you def want the buildings to be pretty low already; in general sitting in a lane in this game is bad, you want to soak the exp and move on if someone is in your lane (and come back when the wave is back), or bring some enemy up if you're alone to come soak what they are about to miss, relieving pressure on other parts of the map and freeing you up to apply pressure

I wouldnt split push w/ gaz and zag, they are slo as fuk and easy to kill, you ideally want heroes that can tele like bw or heroes w/ good waveclear and escape

Split pushing is largely about drawing pressure, you want them to come up for the wave they are about to lose while you rotate somewhere else. If you're in it for the buildings you def want the buildings to be pretty low already; in general sitting in a lane in this game is bad, you want to soak the exp and move on if someone is in your lane (and come back when the wave is back), or bring some enemy up if you're alone to come soak what they are about to miss, relieving pressure on other parts of the map and freeing you up to apply pressure

Yeah, so I'm more talking about grabbing waves and not exactly split pushing. I'll generally run up to lane, grab the wave, and then go elsewhere. That being said, I definitely think that I need to focus on not letting my team fight without me. That's more on me and map awareness really.

brian!

It's on everyone, your team should notice that they shouldnt fight/be in a spot where a fight can be forced on them, but yah while everyone is complicit you can only control your own shit

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
What the hell kind of Street Fighter have you been playing?
There is no comma after "Street Fighter" so I was speaking of an imaginary version of it where you would have to unlock the moves. I suppose I could have put "a" before "Street Fighter" to further clarify this. Anyway, the point is that being so unfriendly to newcomers in a competitive game is dumb. In HotS you still have to learn, but the tools for winning are all right there in your hands. That's how it should be.

lol wow Johanna attacks slow. Pretty cool design.
That's the first thing I noticed in that video a couple weeks back, especially since I played Valla/Murky so much. I was like woooow. So slow.

Yoshichan

Aaaaaand I'm done with Anub! This time I pretty much managed to do it within 24h, I think that's because of the 25% bonus :p. This was my first tank character that I played and boy was he... uh, slow! I mean, it felt good to be a bit "fat" and he pretty much played out exactly as I expected! My "fun-list" has been updated:

Zagara > Kael'thas > Sylvanas > Valla > Anub'arak > Illidan > Raynor > Nova

Now... long overdue! It's finally time for some Jaina-action! I've been holding out on buying/playing her (casually playing Raynor and Anub'arak instead) because I was waiting for the starting pack deal. It's time, people! Let's start chillin' enemies up!

moUbjtV.png

sibarraz

Banned
Gazillion skins might go on sale during the anniversary.

If he dies he can just spam heals without worry. He has you there. Plus, the respawn timers aren't that high in the beginning, so he's back into the fight with full life and mana pretty quickly. He's got you with the double now.

I hope when he plays as Tyrael that he yells at his teammates for healing him.

One thing is dying in an no win situation where someone has to die, other is going face alone mindless and in situations where anyone else could perfectyl escape

Besides he used the build of buffing the W power which imo with uther isn't efective

Kioshen

So what tier is Johanna?

I don't think she'll make as a big of splash as Kael when he entered the meta. She excels at soaking damage, peeling and CC but the damage isn't there to follow it up. It will probably reduce the occurrence of damage burst comps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom