• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hahaha, thanks for putting things into perspective Alur!

By the way, this has been bothering me for awhile and I dunno why, exactly :lol. But is the l in Alur a capital letter I or a small letter L? I mean, is it ALUR or AIUR?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
... I may have played this straight from 8am until 2pm today while losing all sense of time during.

Uh oh.

Seeeeeeeeee? What did I tell you?

Moff

just had my first MOBA match with human players ever, we had 6 kills and the enemy 17, but I like to think I singlehandedly won the match with my merc lord azmodan, bribing/killing 4 siege mercs, buffing them to be 50% stronger and pushing through to the core. feels good.

If I end up on a team with Tassadar I just assume it's an auto loss

is he bad? I think he looks nice, I watched a youtube guide and might buy him next. why is he considered "hard"?

Zafir

Tassadar taking up the Support slot in QM with randoms can go very badly. He can't heal, and you essentially end up with no support when most just lane or focus on their damage.

Yeah, I really can't wait till a week where Tass or Tyrande isn't on rotation. Tyrande is a little less annoying, but most pugs don't really seem to know how to spec her so she isn't particularly good compared to a full healer either.

fedexpeon

Banned
How do you bind hotkeys to mouse buttons?

I don't think you can.
There is no option but the basic QWERD binding.
1-6 you need to buy G600 or any MMO mouse.
And beside, you deserve a MMO mouse for this game.
MOBA is too frustrating if you can't press QWERD and 1-6 at the same time during a heated battle.

Kenaras

is he bad? I think he looks nice, I watched a youtube guide and might buy him next. why is he considered "hard"?

He's great. The problem is he's counted as a Support by the Quick Match team composition algorithm. That algorithm will generally only match teams with a Support against other teams with a Support. Since Tassadar is the only Support who isn't a healer, that means he's usually on a team with no healer against a team with a healer. Games like that are very difficult to win.

If you group queue him with another Support or pick him in Hero League, this isn't a problem.

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
13 wins yesterday with very balanced games. Now I've lost 7 in a row being stomped on... get matched against rank 1-10 when my team is 35+ in hero league with mostly less than 200 games played.

Can't wait for that placement matching feature tbh...this just blows.

Alur

By the way, this has been bothering me for awhile and I dunno why, exactly :lol. But is the l in Alur a capital letter I or a small letter L? I mean, is it ALUR or AIUR?

ALUR. Like allure, I guess you would say. When I was playing EverQuest waaayyy back in the day, it was part of some drow/dark elven word I used for my last name on my Dark Elf Necromancer. Can't even remember what it means.

EDIT: LOL, just looked it up:

ALUR - better, superior

To be fair I was only like 13 or 14 at the time. :D

If I end up on a team with Tassadar I just assume it's an auto loss

Yeah, it's a bad time with the new support rules and Tassadar. The healing totem nerf made it even worse.

He's great. The problem is he's counted as a Support by the Quick Match team composition algorithm. That algorithm will generally only match teams with a Support against other teams with a Support. Since Tassadar is the only Support who isn't a healer, that means he's usually on a team with no healer against a team with a healer. Games like that are very difficult to win.

If you group queue him with another Support or pick him in Hero League, this isn't a problem.

We're not talking about duoing or Hero League, though, and he's falling off pretty good for the first time finally regardless of that fact. The Healing Totem nerf hurts him badly. Combine it with the accumulation of the other nerfs he's received and he's just not what he was. I held out hope he'd survive (cause he always survives), but he just doesn't contribute enough to anything to be picked over Tyrande or a regular support or a regular assassin unless you are facing stealth.

If you get him in Quick Match as your only support versus a real one, odds are you're gonna have a bad time. I really hope they re-classify him, Tyrande and Sonya.

Milly79

I just calculated how many games I've played, averaged out per day.

25 days played
408 games played

16,32 games played per day

holy shit

My first replay is 2/21/15.

I've played 697 games online, 926 with coop included. That's 10 days, 6 hours, 52 minutes in QM/HL.

And I thought I was playing at a decent clip.

Jesus...

1154.gif

Double

just had my first MOBA match with human players ever, we had 6 kills and the enemy 17, but I like to think I singlehandedly won the match with my merc lord azmodan, bribing/killing 4 siege mercs, buffing them to be 50% stronger and pushing through to the core. feels good.

Did you check out my reply to your questions earlier? ;>

Yoshichan

I can not fucking believe we won that last game.

Heroes of the Storm, folks! THE GAME OF THE COMEBACKS!

Xater

I can not fucking believe we won that last game.

Heroes of the Storm, folks! THE GAME OF THE COMEBACKS!

That was a great comeback. Gotta congratulate ourselves there. I thought we had that match already lost.

Also playing with the GAF group was super fun. Hope I can do that again. :p

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Some idiot decided to solo the boss in a tight game, resulted in our team getting wiped, boss capped by enemies and all 3 towers in sky temple being capped by the other team.

All it took was one mistake. Dumb.

Yoshichan

I also feel that I owe EU-GAF (or at least the people who were in the group) an apology for being so "AFK" the past three games! I've had to take plenty of phone calls and they've been dragging on and on. So my focus wasn't on top!

Regarding Jaina: I currently have 8 wins and 2 losses with her, so I automatically have to say that I enjoy playing as her! It feels unbelievably good to play a burst character again (I haven't done that since Kael'thas, and that was a few "lvl 10s" ago). So far, she's definitely top 3 in "most fun" but that's mostly because it's so damn fun to force people into choke points and then cone of cold + blizzard burst their asses.

TLDR: Jaina is starting to become my waifu. Forgive me, Gegz!

Johanna seems to work best when paired with another tank, Muradin seems to be the best lane partner for her. She vacuums and slows, he stun locks, if you're caught too far out of positions there's just no getting away. A dual symbiote Abathur with that pair would be oh so obnoxious.

She's kind of scary to play against as Kael'thas cos her trait let's her walk through Lapsed Gravity. But if you're aware of your positioning you can skirt the Condemn AoE and just cast Living Bomb on her every few seconds for free.

Yoshichan

Still can't believe this shit still isn't working for me :/ It's almost as if the curse from Teamspeak actually affected this situation! Everyone was trying to stop me from purchasing a bunch of stuff - and then my bank went offline for 8h and now this... like, what the hell?

sxAGrky.jpg

edit: Fuck it, sent a a ticket. I would literally bash my head through my wall if I missed out on these weekly deals.

Hi!

I've previously had no issues what so ever when it comes to in-game transactions in other games or this game (Heroes of the Storm). However, ever since Johanna was released, all the purchases are "locked" for me, as in they're completely grayed out and I'm not able to click on it. The exact message that it's giving me:

"Real money transactions have been temporarily disabled. Please try again later."

Here is an image link to the message: http://i.imgur.com/sxAGrky.jpg

plz halp!

Love,
XXXX-XXXXX

Double

@Yoshi:
No worries or need to apologize mate, RL has to come first ;)
We still pretty much showed them noobs what's up anyways. Would have been unfair if you'd been fully available.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Some idiot decided to solo the boss in a tight game, resulted in our team getting wiped, boss capped by enemies and all 3 towers in sky temple being capped by the other team.

All it took was one mistake. Dumb.
Never take boss without at least 3 enemies dead for 1 minute cooldown.

Also never don't take boss when 4 enemies are dead for 1 minute cooldown.

Puaru1

I am giving away 1 code for Lili and 1 code for Zagara to the first people who reply to this and asks for it. Only one per person.

I am giving away 1 code for Lili and 1 code for Zagara to the first people who reply to this and asks for it. Only one per person.
I'll take Zagara please.

Edit: Got it and redeemed. Thanks a bunch !
I was just about play a game, but good thing I checked this thread first.

jetsetrez

God, this game is so fun. I really hope it becomes a huge success for Blizzard. They've really cemented themselves as my favorite game company (well, along with Valve and old school Sega). I just love every game they make, they hit the perfect balance of simplicity and depth with all of their games, and they are always focused squarely on constantly rewarding your time spent and making it so there is almost never a moment where you aren't having fun.

I put almost 400 hours into DotA2, and I think that's one of the best designed games ever made, but for the level of commitment I can put into a game now days, HotS is just perfect for me.

Can I have Lili? :D Would really appreciate it!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Hey guys. Did you know that if your enemies are in the fog of war, they don't exist? True story. Vital to QM strategy and teamwork. Out of sight, out of mind. It's the only way to play!

Puaru1

God, this game is so fun. I really hope it becomes a huge success for Blizzard. They've really cemented themselves as my favorite game company (well, along with Valve and old school Sega). I just love every game they make, they hit the perfect balance of simplicity and depth with all of their games, and they are always focused squarely on constantly rewarding your time spent and making it so there is almost never a moment where you aren't having fun.

I put almost 400 hours into DotA2, and I think that's one of the best designed games ever made, but for the level of commitment I can put into a game now days, HotS is just perfect for me.

Can I have Lili? :D Would really appreciate it!

I'm sorry jetsetrez, for some reason when I refreshed the page, your post did not show for me and I gave it to the poster after you. I apologize :(

Indignate

Hey guys. Did you know that if your enemies are in the fog of war, they don't exist? True story. Vital to QM strategy and teamwork. Out of sight, out of mind. It's the only way to play!

Some of us never developed object permanence.

Kssio_Aug

I'm aware that QM gives you more gold then AI, but what about exp? I get the same ammount of exp winning/losing QM and AI battles?

Maledict

Never take boss without at least 3 enemies dead for 1 minute cooldown.

Also never don't take boss when 4 enemies are dead for 1 minute cooldown.

On Sky Temple my motto generally is 'don't take boss'. Unless you have a massive, clear lead and know you are 110% safe, it's not worth it, and if that's the case you should take a fort instead.

Sky Temples boss is SO much weaker than the normal bosses, even at 15 minutes it won't get anything done solo.

Panthers

So if we never check on the Boss, then there is no way they can be taking it right? SWEET!

Also, any NA players wanna do some QM? Rhyno#1559

not too familiar with this game but I'm thinking about taking it for a spin. If I've played a good amount of dota 2, can I expect the same concept from this game?

Man, it's kind of frustrating going from playing tank-y warriors back to Kael'thas in solo queue. The DPS is so real but he's such a glass cannon. I almost wish that Blizzard would make Bolt of the Storm a WoW mage's Blink and put it at level 13 instead of 20. Make me choose between Chain Bomb and Blink at 13. DPS or Mobility/Survivability. Sometimes the push to 20 takes forever or, worse, doesn't happen. I guarantee I would choose mobility over dps in a some matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom