• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Doh. Guess I'm finally going to have to get to 70 on the pc version of Diablo 3. Takes so long tho. D:

Join me and my homey Smooth_Operator on live day. 1-70 quiiiiiiiiiiiick

If I've played D3 on PC in the past (2-3 years ago), will I still be able to unlock Diablo? Or do I have to play D3 now for it to work? I don't really want to reinstall the game again.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm liking the Nazeebo rework. They are better realizing his role as a distance harassment sort of character, and giving him better build options between merc/push and direct battle depending on what would be better for the battleground. What they are doing here is very akin to their Gazlowe rework.

Edit: Tyrael change is interesting. I am a bit disappointed because I feel they really should have increased his mana sustain. As for the main change, it does indeed make Sanctification a lot more enticing, especially for Sky Temple and Cursed Hollow.

As for Judgement changes... ehhhhh... I really don't know. I personally felt him yelling was enough of a warning that the increased cast time wasn't necessary, but increasing the required getaway range is good. Overall I feel this is a more significant nerf than they realize. The knockback of the strike was very important for deathball disruption. The damage really isn't all that bad, so it's power was in that combined with coordination of your team. Now it is possibly made too vulnerable and counterable to be worth anything compared to a straight-up invulnerability time.

Zafir

Blergh. PTR doesn't copy your gold?

How are people even testing Monk?

Edit: Ah just read the notes. There is no gold transactions, you have to buy it with real money and it'll copy over to a designated live server. Nice idea if you're spending real money I guess. I'll be using gold tho.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
played abathur for the first time today.

had a 1-on-1 symbiote bout with the other abathur's full health symbiote while i was at half health.

not only do i kill his symbiote, but i charge into the base, find him, and as he's running away i kill him with my less than 10% health symbiote.

get fucked!!

Dice

Malfurion's Tranquility will no longer heal him for double the intended amount.
So that's why it was so hard even for a whole team burst to gank him, lol.

Edit: Oh, the patch isn't today? Okay.

I do get a kick out of killing other Abathurs with Abathur. Just the other day I dropped a few mines under one dude who just wasn't paying attention at all. I seem to recall having a slap fight once too, but we didn't kill each other.

Llyranor

Monk seems cool. A healer with high mobility that can also dish out good damage.

Not sure how to feel about the Sonya changes yet. I'm not really feeling the meager hp boost. Taking away the minion wave sustain feels like a significant nerf (for a character that did not need a nerf). Increasing the whirlwind heal against heroes does help with the sustain in teamfights, but it also forces you to jump in there and tackle multiple heroes in melee range. If the enemy ignores you, you can heal up decently. If they focus you, it can buy some time for your team to do their damage (but possibly while sacrificing you). Considering all your healing is gone with a single CC, I'm not sure they needed to nerf this skill at all.

I really like the sound of that Hammer buff. Might pick her up at some point.

Ketch

I don't understand why you only need 30 minions every time on the shrines. It should increase by 10 everytinme you win it just like every other objective.

KT needs another 16 talent. Back draft is neat but underwhelming. Maybe mana shield becomes the pick now. Idk. They're all kind of underwhelming

kirblar

I don't understand why you only need 30 minions every time on the shrines. It should increase by 10 everytinme you win it just like every other objective.

KT needs another 16 talent. Back draft is neat but underwhelming. Maybe mana shield becomes the pick now. Idk. They're all kind of underwhelming
I think it's because the amount of minions is kinda inconsequential- the mechanic's designed to provoke a team fight where whoever wins gets the shrine.

Agreed re: lack of a 4th option.

Ketch

The amount of minions isn't inconsequential though because the fights that it forces just keep getting easier and easier to win if your ahead. The losing team needs something to give them a chance.

It's like the mine phase but at least on mines you can efficiently defend even if your behind because the golems don't wtf sonya leap and you can get back up from seige mercs.

Imagine if you only ever had to get 10 coins on booty bay.

Savitar

Oh man, I just noticed the thing about Malthael’s Phantom. I guess it'll be time to fire up D3 again soon.

Edit: Treasure goblin mount only purchasable with gold? I hope it isn't 20k again, even though I love my piggybank. Either way, I have to see Gazlowe on the goblin mount.

I'll punch an orphan if it's 20K, I just bought three heroes because I had over 23 K and had no other use for it.

Alur

I'll punch an orphan if it's 20K, I just bought three heroes because I had over 23 K and had no other use for it.

I'd bet 20k at least. Be nice if we got lucky and it was less though.

Lots of long termers probably sitting on a good sum of gold they wanna get rid of. I have 50k on my main and 35k on an alt and I don't even do the dailies most of the time.

brian!

Blergh. PTR doesn't copy your gold?

How are people even testing Monk?

Edit: Ah just read the notes. There is no gold transactions, you have to buy it with real money and it'll copy over to a designated live server. Nice idea if you're spending real money I guess. I'll be using gold tho.

Im not completely sure since i havent tried it, but i was under the impression that you could use ptr gold to buy things for ptr realm, w/ $ purchases being transferable

Ill try to buy kerri on it tonight and see if it works

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Abathur on free week is... just wrong.

Dice

Man, Sylvannas is awesome but she's soooo active with your ability uses it's hard to even pick talents.

I'll never forget when someone in Quick Match called me a trog for playing Abathur. Someone else that night thought the character was named Abartha. I now embrace the flames under the moniker of Abartha the Trog

Free Abathur week means my team wins almost always because most people suck with Abathur while I'm rather experienced. It's a fun time for me.

Just played a match with an aba who sat in our fountain the entire match, meanwhile theirs was out in lane soaking with their body.

dmosher

If you are a good Abathur player and playing on the PTR it's an easier way to get to try out the monk via the clone; at least lower queue times in quickmatch ;)

Zafir

Im not completely sure since i havent tried it, but i was under the impression that you could use ptr gold to buy things for ptr realm, w/ $ purchases being transferable

Ill try to buy kerri on it tonight and see if it works
I just took that from the patch notes where it said "Please Note: Gold purchases are not supported on the PTR."

It was a separate bullet point so I'm assuming it's in general? Monk didn't have a gold purchase button for me. I dunno about the others since I already own every other hero.

I just took that from the patch notes where it said "Please Note: Gold purchases are not supported on the PTR."

It was a separate bullet point so I'm assuming it's in general? Monk didn't have a gold purchase button for me. I dunno about the others since I already own every other hero.

You can only buy him with Real Money, and he will be transfered to your server the day of release.

brian!

Talking about whether non transferable gold purchases are available in ptr

Which would paint the cash-only availability of monk in a test space one way or another

Itd be interesting if blizzard was heading towards cash only hero release periods, like cash users being able to have access a week early to rexxar or something like that

subwilde

I don't think you can use gold for anything, but I already have all heroes so no way to verify.

Dat humble brag :p

I'm fearing trying out Kael in PTR. He's my go to and I haven't been hearing good things :(

BTW Yoshi, you probably don't remember but we played a bunch of high level D3:UEE on PS4...i wouldn't mind joining you on PC for that level 70 :) I never properly leveled a Monk. Only for the trophy and stopped once I hit 70.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom