• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add Diablo to Your Hero Collection
Diablo III and Diablo III: Reaper of Souls players who log in to Heroes during the three weeks following the release of the upcoming patch will permanently receive Diablo in Heroes of the Storm.
Hah, glad I didn't buy him on either server.

brian!

tass nerfs are wack but i guess there is basically nothing else to take at 4 anyway
love the pyroblast buff

all in all this patch looks prtty minor meta-wise to me, I don't really anticipate heroes coming up that werent already good

Ketch

tass nerfs are wack but i guess there is basically nothing else to take at 4 anyway
love the pyroblast buff

what is his nerf? it read like 6 of one half dozen of the other to me... and no explanation for it either. He's got like a 40% winrate. disappointed no stiches changes, and the thrall stuff was: LOL nothing!

also, where do you see zera buff?

also they didn't explain imposing on splash damage like muta's or hammer splash

kirblar

what is his nerf? it read like 6 of one half dozen of the other to me... and no explanation for it either. He's got like a 40% winrate. disappointed no stiches changes, and the thrall stuff was: LOL nothing!

also, where do you see zera buff?

also they didn't explain imposing on splash damage like muta's or hammer splash
Zera is unchanged, but Focus Attack will only proc on heroes now game-wide, which is a buff for him.

brian!

itd be interesting if imposing worked the way you guys are saying, im reading it differently but maybe my comprehension is booty

tass nerf is to his d and acuity, it's kind of substantial if you dont take acuity, and still prtty heavy if you do

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Those Hammer buffs...

excited-baby.gif

Esit: wonder Billie mount can now be used in HL...

Well fuck me, THAT'S why my Li Li kept losing her pink pony

Monk seems INSANE. He has infinite mana if you choose insight, and at 16 his heal can remove silences, blinds, slows, and roots. Divine Palm (ultimate) is self-castable too, which I didn't expect.

His animations are great. Love that E.

Savitar

Monk seems INSANE. He has infinite mana if you choose insight, and at 16 his heal can remove silences, blinds, slows, and roots. Divine Palm (ultimate) is self-castable too, which I didn't expect.

His animations are great. Love that E.

Blizzard trope:

Release new Hero, have them be OPed.
Nerf eventually.
Nerf some more.
Nerf a little bit more...
Nerfed to make them more in line with the others.

Let's change it all around again!

Biggest buff: You can now spin your character in the play mode screen!

I kind of hate how the heroes change position every time a new one is released. Just when I got used to where everyone is...

I've tried to do that an unreasonable number of times. This is amazing.

They don't do the stun animation when you over-spin them like in the store, though.

-----
Interesting that the PTR combines your hero collection across multiple servers. I have my full collection here, from both NA and Asia. When you combine them I'm only missing 8 heroes :)

Malthael’s Phantom has been added and will become available exclusively to Diablo III players who reach level 70 with a Season Character, starting with Diablo III Season 4.

Ugh. I love Diablo 3 but as someone with a high level toon in every class, it's hard to go back to square one with everything and grind through that campaign for the umpteeth time. Especially the first 4 acts.

Milly79

Monk shits out some heals. I was full damage too. I know I don't have a full grasp on him, but he seems to do less damage than Tass and Tyrande, but does more healing for sure.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Saves me some gold :)
Nice. I was holding off on DIablo hoping that some day that Mike guy from the botched giveaway would mail me a code for him. I guess I'm getting him for free anyway.

I need to use my self control and not get Novazon until sale. I really, really like the design, even as much a Countess Kerrigan. I also play Nova more often now that I simply stopped giving any fucks so I'm okay with being worthless in half the situations that come up.

brian!

new map is great, kerrigan seems overtuned

it doesnt make sense to me that you cant get monk w/ gold on ptr (beyond $$, which I guess is what it boils down to), but it's whatever i guess

kirblar

it doesnt make sense to me that you cant get monk w/ gold on ptr (beyond $$, which I guess is what it boils down to), but it's whatever i guess
They want to test gold gain on ptr without letting you carry it over into live.

kirblar

right but why cant i buy monk w/ gold is what i mean
They'd need to let you use your Real gold on the PTR client, which crosses the streams in a way they probably don't want. (HS/Heroes Gold is almost certainly part of your character file, not part of your global B.Net account, while your $ is.)

lol wat

all in all this patch looks prtty minor meta-wise to me, I don't really anticipate heroes coming up that werent already good

wat. Hammer, Kerrigan, Sonya will all see play and were uncommon to non picks on the current patch. The entire ban structure will change too considering that Kaelthas and Leoric are worse

To be honest though, this patch is fucking garbage

Ugh. I love Diablo 3 but as someone with a high level toon in every class, it's hard to go back to square one with everything and grind through that campaign for the umpteeth time. Especially the first 4 acts.

You don't have to. Since Reaper of Souis there's been a whole new mode called Adventure Mode that's totally different from the normal Act system (you just need to beat the new act first, then it opens up). It basically opens up all the portals in the game and gives you little quests at each of them, you'll level up *very* fast. 0-70 takes no time at all these days (and is even faster if you have a high-level friend who's game you can join. I think the current record for 0-70 is something like 70 seconds)

brian!

i thought kerrigan was picked a bunch, im iffy on hammer and sonya (i can see sonya a little)
kerrigan's shield talents seem kinda nuts to me and her ult gives her shield faster now
i only played one game with her but she seems a little nuts to me
im not saying that picks/bans are different or not, just the heroes who were hanging out are still hanging out and the ones that are unnoticed are still unnoticed

what i mean about the gold thing is why cant i spend my ptr gold to buy monk for the ptr realm

kirblar

i thought kerrigan was picked a bunch, im iffy on hammer and sonya (i can see sonya a little)
kerrigan's shield talents seem kinda nuts to me and her ult gives her shield faster now
im not saying that picks/bans are different or not, just the heroes who were hanging out are still hanging out and the ones that are unnoticed are still unnoticed

what i mean about the gold thing is why cant i spend my ptr gold to buy monk for the ptr realm
Kerrigan was good, but both niche, huge skill cap, and was nerfed a fair bit when they changed B4B/Envenom. Some of these changes are definitely there to give builds to lower-skilled players.

brian!

i cant recall the exact matches but i swear kerrigan was picked a couple of times

actually i probably agree with turd, hammer can come back for sure with those buffs

I didn't get to test it so im still not exactly sure how imposing presence works, whether wiping the atspd debuff is on hit or on the start of the attack, it doesnt seem like much of a nerf to me if it's the former. but if you can ban muradin and pick tyreal you could probably get away with some autoattackers

ya but if good heroes become bad, then other ones will step in

Hammer definitely going to see play with a flat 10% damage buff and a nerf to imposing. They also reverted some of the health nerf

Kerrigan was played last patch, but only in precise conditions where the map and surrounding comp was made for it. I think we will definitely see a lot of her now, she's going to be a lot more durable with a 30% BFB and maelstrom being stronger and probably the most important thing is that you can't precleanse her combo now. But she's nowhere near Zeratul or Zagara's power level

brian!

ya but if good heroes become bad, then other ones will step in

Hammer definitely going to see play with a flat 10% damage buff and a nerf to imposing. They also reverted some of the health nerf

Kerrigan was played last patch, but only in precise conditions where the map and surrounding comp was made for it. I think we will definitely see a lot of her now, she's going to be a lot more durable with a 30% BFB and maelstrom being stronger and probably the most important thing is that you can't precleanse her combo now. But she's nowhere near Zeratul or Zagara's power level

i dont think we'll see less of leoric, I havent tried kael yet tho.

yeah i def cant say much about kerrigan right now since it's early, but playing against one just now I was all...really you can get away with all of that, dude won a 1v4

prtty excited to see how this patch turns out

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Can I have some free gold since I bought diablo plz blizzard? :(

Gotchaye

Sweet, Zeratul buffs.

Although the Imposing Presence nerf is unfortunate for Johanna. Its only real use after 20 was to bait ranged autoattackers so that they'd do less damage to your other guys.

danielcw

I heard that Murky will not be in the free hero rotation. It will be Brightwing instead.
Murky is the only hero I never played :(

EDIT: Strike the "heard" it is defintely the case in EU

brian!

im pretty into the font and ui changes too, I wish there were developer notes on their choices to not add certain indicators or have the ability to click on other heroes

Alur

So anyone tried full damage Kharazim or seen one on stream in a decent game yet? I've not seen much damage output, but healing seems nice.

Complistic

Love the ui changes. The new maps punishers are super OP though.

My first game was 10 minutes long and the second one 13. It gets out of control quickly.

I didn't know Mana Tap was so legitimately terrible. Flat bonus of 20 mana per hero killed with Flamestrike, no scaling. LOL. I've insta-locked either Gathering Power or Nether Wind so many times I haven't looked at any other talents at 4 in forever.

You don't have to. Since Reaper of Souis there's been a whole new mode called Adventure Mode that's totally different from the normal Act system (you just need to beat the new act first, then it opens up). It basically opens up all the portals in the game and gives you little quests at each of them, you'll level up *very* fast. 0-70 takes no time at all these days (and is even faster if you have a high-level friend who's game you can join. I think the current record for 0-70 is something like 70 seconds)

I've got RoS and multiple 70's, the problem is this mount is tied to a seasonal character, that means you start with nothing. Everything is at nothing. You don't get any progress from your jeweler, your blacksmith, no transmog, no trash items from other characters, no hellfire ring, you get no benefit from your other characters progress.

And no one I know has played D3 since RoS dropped.

Ketch

need reports on raynor sonya and KT pls. still downloading... thought it was downloading in the background while I played wow but NO fucking game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom