• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar

I can't hold a steady 60fps in this, even with everything on medium on my 970. Is everyone getting slowdown during big melees?

It's something to do with ISP's and connections.

I'm on a 580 (lol), and with steady 55-60fps on Ultra. CPU is the i7-2600k

A few patches back, the game wasn't compatible with my ISP (Time Warner, TX) and I was getting abysmal FPS. For a month this went on, and then after a patch it worked again.

danielcw

I can't hold a steady 60fps in this, even with everything on medium on my 970. Is everyone getting slowdown during big melees?

Which CPU do you have?
The game is CPU intensive.

Turn down all CPU dependent graphic settings. If you have a weak CPU you might also want to turn other settings down.

Vhalyar

Tass is one of the best heroes in the game and his shield is essentially a heal

He's basically an assassin/support hybrid, making him a really bad pick for solo QM.
If you're rolling with bros or in HL then he's sweet. Though the Healing Ward nerf hurt him more than the others.

Alur

92226-Tom-Cruise-hugs-Val-Kilmer-gif-58Ox.gif

The best part of the burrow on Dragon Shire was it was like I subconsciously knew you were gonna wreck him. I dropped the mic and walked off before you even killed him.

We had some great games tonight. Was fun having Soktos, thepotatoman and our dearly departed Ketchmo with us.

10 games to complete my Daily of win 3. Also experienced some truly awful performance issues on ORD1, as per usual. 3 Kerrigan games, 7 Kael'thas games. 2 of my wins were with Kerrigan and then that awful 7 game losing streak, six of which were as Kael, began.

In that losing streak I learned to love Nether Wind and Arcane Barrier. Arcane Barrier can be so clutch, it can negate Valla's Strafe entirely, eat a Pyroblast, basically allow you to survive the initial burst damage from a gank or teamfight going horribly wrong.

Maledict

Tass is one of the best heroes in the game and his shield is essentially a heal

No it isn't - it's not a heal at all. Tass has zero ability to keep people up after a fight which is one of the biggest things a healer brings. It's fantastic for saving clutch people who are being targeted, in the same way as a heal does, but it has no sustained element at all which is equally powerful.

You can't stay in lane if Tass is your support and your going two on two, because the enemy will get damage in whilst the shield isn't up (or on the person you didn't shield), and you have no way of repairing that damage outside of the now tragically nerfedd healing ward. If you win a team fight, but everyone is low, you can't stay and push like you can with a healer because everyone will be stuck at low health and easy pickings for the enemy team coming back up.

Tass really needs taking out of the support class for quick match.

Maledict

10 games to complete my Daily of win 3. Also experienced some truly awful performance issues on ORD1, as per usual. 3 Kerrigan games, 7 Kael'thas games. 2 of my wins were with Kerrigan and then that awful 7 game losing streak, six of which were as Kael, began.

In that losing streak I learned to love Nether Wind and Arcane Barrier. Arcane Barrier can be so clutch, it can negate Valla's Strafe entirely, eat a Pyroblast, basically allow you to survive the initial burst damage from a gank or teamfight going horribly wrong.

The problem with arcane barrier is its tier. Ignite is *so* important to Kael currently, it's the reason he's picked at all. More than any other character he relies on that talent at 16 to be valuable to a team, so picking arcane barrier prevents that. Without ignite, you may as well pick Jaina as she's just better all round (and much, much stronger at the start of the game when Kael is weak).

fedexpeon

Banned

It is the latency from your computer to the server.
The game is built around SC2 networking code for some BS reason for its superior "hit detection" and server loading ability.
So when you lag or lose package, it feels like your frame is dropping because the server is trying to catch up to where your character hitbox should be.

-Digits-

We had some hype games on EUGAF as well. I'm rendering another epic core rush movie right now, feature the unkillable Johanna - my waifu.

Alex

Supports should honestly be split into two types. Tyrande and Tassadar, while both good picks with the right make up, do not belong in the same category as heroes like Brightwing or Uther.

Johanna is exactly as amazing as I envisioned her.

She's a a little bit restrained compared to my expectations after the Kael release. She is a very good hero but I guess after Kael I expected something more ridiculous. She's more akin to Sylvanas, strong but with clear weaknesses and nuances.

Anyway, I'm very fond of her playstyle, very strong presence, great at peels. After another day I still don't think she's quite up to par with a Muradin or an Anub'arak in terms of pure potency but she's not really lacking either.

Double

The problem with arcane barrier is its tier. Ignite is *so* important to Kael currently, it's the reason he's picked at all. More than any other character he relies on that talent at 16 to be valuable to a team, so picking arcane barrier prevents that. Without ignite, you may as well pick Jaina as she's just better all round (and much, much stronger at the start of the game when Kael is weak).
Ya, you gimp your damage WAY too hard by taking it. Your choices for more safety are the range at lvl 4 and 13.

brian!

No it isn't - it's not a heal at all. Tass has zero ability to keep people up after a fight which is one of the biggest things a healer brings. It's fantastic for saving clutch people who are being targeted, in the same way as a heal does, but it has no sustained element at all which is equally powerful.

You can't stay in lane if Tass is your support and your going two on two, because the enemy will get damage in whilst the shield isn't up (or on the person you didn't shield), and you have no way of repairing that damage outside of the now tragically nerfedd healing ward. If you win a team fight, but everyone is low, you can't stay and push like you can with a healer because everyone will be stuck at low health and easy pickings for the enemy team coming back up.

Tass really needs taking out of the support class for quick match.

The idea that ppl suffer with a tass instead of a healer in qm is ridiculous and really emphasizes how healing has forced ppl into particular playstyles. I def disagree with the post-fight thing too, but totally agree with the lane sustain thing which isnt a big deal at all to me. Laning isnt about running heroes into each other, and having a viable solo laner in the support role when ppl are constantly getting placed with nova/zeratul/kerrigan, etc. is often a godsend

Zafir

The idea that ppl suffer with a tass instead of a healer in qm is ridiculous and really emphasizes how healing has forced ppl into particular playstyles. I def disagree with the post-fight thing too, but totally agree with the sustain thing which isnt a big deal at all to me.

Well, I think more of the problem is you just don't get the coordination in QM to make a less sustain oriented playstyle work. Like Tass offers more damage so you could burst people down quicker, but that assumes coordination on targetting, which you won't get a lot of the time in pugs. Not to mention healers offer a cushion, without one, mistakes are punished far more, which is again a big deal in pugs.

brian!

I dont think it's that complicated, ppl in qm should be used to having no healer vs. a healer. I see not having a healer being a throwaway defeat statement, it's never the reason my team lost or the other team lost

Interfectum

Already posted?

Browder Interview:

• They want to move faster on hero releases - every 3-4 weeks (on a tweet he said 3 weeks is the ideal target!)
  • Big content and feature patches hopefully every 2 months
  • The Heroes developer team is increasing post launch, not decreasing or sending people to other teams
  • They typically address balance after waiting for meta shifts
  • When Kael'thas came out he had a below average win ratio, and now he seems to be doing too well
  • They analyze some metrics when looking at talents - if one has 95% pick ratio everywhere, that's a problem
  • They're always looking to improve the matchmaker, and taking feedback on how they should do that
  • Bigger pool of players is better for a good matchmaking experience - but not at first when they don't have any info on each new player
  • Right now they analyze win/loss to determine MMR, but they are considering analyzing other metrics to determine player skill and MMR!
  • Dustin mentioned WoW running for almost 10 years with millions of players when asked for how long does he think Heroes will be runnning - long story short: it's going to depend on the playerbase!

http://www.heroesnexus.com/news/1386-dustin-browder-interview-youtube-livestream-event

njean777

9 game losing streak continues. This games matchmaking is beyond terrible. I have had the win 3 games daily since Tuesday and cannot even get 3 wins in 3 days.

Double

I dont think it's that complicated, ppl in qm should be used to having no healer vs. a healer. I see not having a healer being a throwaway defeat statement, it's never the reason my team lost or the other team lost
I feel like it often is, when you just lose fights you otherwise would have won just because their team has that extra HP.

[*]When Kael'thas came out he had a below average win ratio, and now he seems to be doing too well
He's got 50% on hotslogs now though after the hotfix. Pls no nerf bliz

9 game losing streak continues. This games matchmaking is beyond terrible. I have had the win 3 games daily since Tuesday and cannot even get 3 wins in 3 days.
Either:
- play vs A.I. to finish the quest
- group up with NeoGAF. Soloqueue is guaranteed horror.

brian!

I dunno how relevant other metrics could be for mmr pretty much the only thing that is important is killing the nexus. Also sad to see that they are commited to the qm style of mm, but i guess they put a lot of work into building it so i feel this

Xater

Either:
- play vs A.I. to finish the quest
- group up with NeoGAF. Soloqueue is guaranteed horror.

I can attest that my win rate jumped significantly when I played with fellow GAFers. At least then you can guarantee some coordination. Problem is that most random people don't like being told what to do so coordination breaks down of course.

9 game losing streak continues. This matchmaking is beyond terrible. I have had the win 3 games daily since Tuesday and cannot even get 3 wins in 3 days.
Definitely group up with NeoGAF. Ever since I started doing that I've won around 65% of my games and the game becomes much more enjoyable.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
> wake up
> talk on teamspeak first thign
> currently in a match with a premade

You guys make my life complete

Yeah just fire in to co-op for the quest youll get some confidence back as well.

I gave up caring about my QM results about 150 games ago, if it's not going well I just try and do my best with the character I have and enjoy playing it. My worst losing streak was 7 so I know how you feel it's grim when it happens!

I am finding Johanna tough to run in QMs. The rest of my team composition makes her usability sway so much. Of course good teams make any character easier to use but I can do my thing with LiLi or Raynor regardless of the situation, but if I don't have a strong assassins to run with, the crowd control is for nothing. I am still experimenting with builds, but she is so damn slow both in attack speed and movement, I really need someone else to kill of the enemy hereos before I run out of CC.

Any Johanna players out there with tips?

Pooya

I feel they should nerf Azmodan's laser damage against buildings, if you let him he can take the core down by himself in 30 seconds, it's ridiculous. It's reasonable against heroes but buildings get wrecked, bosses get wrecked too...

One game yesterday.

That 4 level lead felt soooo damn good. Sky Temple was finally good to me. Brought that darkness with Sylvanas and steam rolled.

mmm yes i love it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom