• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it when i hide in a bush watching an unexpecting hero walk by, and then with the butcher hit that e,w,q combo and kill them in split second. Especially when they are already using their ablities on mercs and can't do anything or go anywhere.

Those meat stacks letting me do that 500+ dmg per hit babaay.

I think i just realy like a hero who can burst, however my top 3 hero's i've done the best with are Sylvanas, Butcher and Johanna. I still need to work on Jaina as she is super fun to use, but my takedowns are lower than what i have already with butcher..

butcher lvl 5
jaina lvl 8 (im doing it wrong)

Alur

So...something I've noticed and am curious about.

When Johanna was coming, prior to knowing her name and then before she launched we referred to her as both. Now, simply Johanna.

When Leoric was coming out and even before when he was rumored forever, he was simply the Skeleton (Skeltal!) King. Once Blizzard announced he'd be Leoric and not King Leoric or Skeleton King, we stuck with it. Now he's Leoric.

The Monk has been called the Monk almost exclusively. Rarely do I see anyone call him Kharazim, whether it's here, on reddit, or on Twitch. It could just be confirmation bias where I expect to see this so I see it at this point, I suppose, but is Monk going to remain Monk or will we eventually adopt his name as we did Johanna's?
it's worth noting Monk is much easier to say and type out versus Kharazim, whereas Skeleton King went to Leoric and Crusader to Johanna was kind of a wash

I own all of these heroes except Nazeebo. Guess I'll be playing a witch doctor this week.

If you get a chance try to the new Toad build(s) and lemme know what you think. I'm gonna be trying em out too, gotta write it up. Seems like the damage will be there with the new range from the Thing of the Deep talent at 13...I just don't know that it'll be than spiders just yet as at least the spiders often cluster on one target now which is very useful for such an aoe spread damage dealer.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yup, Monk for me. Easier to shout and scream at.

Alur

That's kind of what I figured has been the catalyst. It's easier to say/type.

Everytime I hear it reminds me of the old USA network show with Tony Shalhoub though, lol.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
1TTBlM1.png
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Maledict

She always has done, nothing has changed there. She's like Nazeebo tons of background damage that might not secure kills, or even be any use, but shows heavily on the numbers chart. All you do is hold down your Q and throw your dagger out and the numbers wrack up.

Rizzi

You aren't trying to use Wonder Billie in Hero League are you? It's bugged and getting fixed in patch coming out this week.

Otherwise, unsure. Seems like a few random accounts have the mount changing bug, but there's no real rhyme or reason as to why other than the Wonder Billie bug that we just found out about.

Yessir and welcome back! Quote the OP and hit the Google doc that has everyone's battletags in it. Info is at the top of that document.

No, the wolf mount. :/

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Welcome back GAF!

Some specifics regarding the Diablo + Heroes of the Storm promotion:

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog...-and-reap-the-benefits-in-the-nexus-8-17-2015
Immediately following the next Heroes patch, any player who owns Diablo III on PC or Mac will permanently receive the Diablo Hero in Heroes of the Storm for free after logging into Heroes of the Storm. This promotion will only last until 10:00 a.m. PDT on September 8, so be sure to keep your eyes on the official Heroes of the Storm website to make sure you don’t miss the chance to claim the Lord of Terror for your Hero collection!

Also coming soon, PC and Mac Diablo III players who reach level 12 in Heroes of the Storm will be rewarded with a pennant and unique portrait border. Additionally, PC/Mac Diablo III players brave enough to reach level 70 with a Seasonal Hero, starting with Season 4, will be able to claim the shadowy Malthael’s Phantom mount in Heroes of the Storm!

Ok so whose playing Diablo with come August 28? Lf3m

Can't wait. I've played the hell out of the prior seasons, although i've never quite gotten to the super-elite GR50 rifting levels (I usually get to the point where I can clear GRs 20-25, then get kind of bored and start a new character). The new "move the legendary affix off the item" thing from the new patch is going to make the grind a lot more bearable too.

Watching an Illidan go flying past and crash in to the nexus would make me giggle.

I'd love to see it where if he "misses" he goes flying off the edge of the world, then off the side of the screen completely, a jaunty tune plays, and 30 seconds later he flies in from the other side of the screen.

Me and Milly and proto (I think) are gonna try to do it. I never beat D3 yet I've had it since launch.

Should be worth noting, if you want the mount, you need to hit 70, which require you have the expansion. If you haven't played the base game, you probably didn't buy that, so you'll have to factor that in. Diablo itself doesn't require anything so you would just get it as long as your D3 account is on the same Bnet account.

Celegus

Ok so whose playing Diablo with come August 28? Lf3m

The only reason I've been hanging out in HotS-land is because I got tired of waiting for the 2.3 patch. Diablo is by far my favorite Blizz series so I'm 100% back in for Season 4. Admittedly though, I was surprised Heroes got its hooks in me so quickly, it fixed practically everything that I hated about Dota in my short time with it.

I'm already in the GAF guild and anyone can add me on NA Celegus#1599. Definitely way more fun playing with GAF peeps than pub games.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Lump me in with those hooked on diablo atm. I need that patch bad

Alur

Should be worth noting, if you want the mount, you need to hit 70, which require you have the expansion. If you haven't played the base game, you probably didn't buy that, so you'll have to factor that in. Diablo itself doesn't require anything so you would just get it as long as your D3 account is on the same Bnet account.

Nah, I have both. That's what I was saying. I've had the original/base since launch, never beat it. Grabbed the expansion a while back to get back into it and got through Act 3 and quit.

Nah, I have both. That's what I was saying. I've had the original/base since launch, never beat it. Grabbed the expansion a while back to get back into it and got through Act 3 and quit.

Ah I see. Well the story mode is kinda meh, but I think you still have to beat it once to unlock adventure(though maybe they've changed that at some point not sure). With the RoS changes though it's not nearly as bad, you can set a decent difficulty so it's not a snoozefest, or you can put it on hard only so you can clear it asap and hit cap.

Realistically, it only takes like 5hours to hit cap in adventure mode and even if you did the story first it'd still only take like 7-8hours, which is short enough. Game's pretty good nowadays though and 2.3 is making it even a lot better with the cube.

Unrelated, but when are they patching monk btw? Don't really keep track of their release schedule, is it this week or the next?

Celegus

If you really don't care about playing the game, you can get powerleveled to 70 in about 20 minutes. But dat loot is just so so good.

Alur

Unrelated, but when are they patching monk btw? Don't really keep track of their release schedule, is it this week or the next?

The datamined date on Heroes Nexus said 8/19, but there's a Brawl with the Blues at like 11 PST that morning which kind of rules that out unless they have it up really early.

There is maintenance on the servers Tuesday morning so I'm going to assume Tuesday for NA at least.

If you really don't care about playing the game, you can get powerleveled to 70 in about 20 minutes. But dat loot is just so so good.

How would one do this? All I care about is the mount for HOTS and pretty much only care about it because I already have all the others so why not.

How would one do this? All I care about is the mount for HOTS and pretty much only care about it because I already have all the others so why not.

Well there's 2 requirements. The first would be to wait like a week or so, because you need people to be geared enough to actually be able to powerlevel. So you wouldn't be powerleveled on the very first day(though if you know someone, you could be powerleveled by a hardcore gamer who grinded a lot in about 2-3days depending on their luck with drops).

The second requirement is to have adventure mode unlocked. I honestly don't know if it's unlocked automatically yet or not, but if it isn't, that involves clearing the vanilla story at least once, however if I remember correctly, this can be done in a few minutes if you have someone just kill every act bosses for you.

Assuming you meet both requirements, you can just join a powerleveling community(there's always a large one during seasons) and wait for someone to offer powerleveling, or find someone on reddit or the official forums or here. I don't know about 20mins without a Gem of Ease though, it's more like 40-50mins in general if you don't have any preparation and ask random people. Mostly involves staying afk at the entrance of a rift, and teleporting to the guy powerleveling every time he goes to another level.

Werd

I bought Diablo 3 a few months ago just for the relation to Heroes, stopped after Act 2 mostly because there was just no challenge at all. I was just spamming my abilities and not having to actually think about anything which was a bit boring. I think playing some while there was a huge XP bonus over-leveled me. I'll probably finish it up and try to get someone to level me for that mount though.

Back to HotS... caved on Leoric a few days ago, I think he's my favorite Warrior to play so far. Probably since I enjoy siege a lot and he's got such a good wave clear. The nerf doesn't look too bad at least for what I've been doing in Quickmatch, which is not the whole backdoor abuse thing. Double damage on structures with Q was nice though.

Also up to 22K gold again which is burning a hole in my pocket, thinking of just clearing out the 4K gold heroes I have left (Tychus, Sonya, Gazlowe) just since I know I'm never buying those with cash (poor money/gold saved ratio). Probably better to save it for someone I will actually play though...

Celegus

Probably gonna have to wait a couple weeks until people are decently geared since everyone starts from scratch on seasons. Then find a buddy on GAF or in one of the power leveling communities (search communities from the social tab at the bottom right), have them clear a few bounties to get a couple rift shards, then hop in their rift and watch the levels fly by. Took about 20 minutes on Torment 6, if people can fly through Torment 10 it should be insanely fast.

I bought Diablo 3 a few months ago just for the relation to Heroes, stopped after Act 2 mostly because there was just no challenge at all. I was just spamming my abilities and not having to actually think about anything which was a bit boring. I think playing some while there was a huge XP bonus over-leveled me. I'll probably finish it up and try to get someone to level me for that mount though.

Don't play on normal! The difficulties are all screwed up (and honestly the game from 1-70 is just kind of broken), even hard is brain dead easy. Expert or master should be more adequate through the campaign, then start cranking up through the torments when you hit 70. It's not like Diablo 2 (or even vanilla D3) where you play normal first, then hard, and so on. Adjust it as needed.

Werd

Don't play on normal! The difficulties are all screwed up (and honestly the game from 1-70 is just kind of broken), even hard is brain dead easy. Expert or master should be more adequate through the campaign, then start cranking up through the torments when you hit 70. It's not like Diablo 2 (or even vanilla D3) where you play normal first, then hard, and so on. Adjust it as needed.

I turned it up to hard early on, and thought that was the hardest you could do first play through. Opening the game though I see Expert is available, I'll try it some more on that.

danielcw

Played it within 2 days. Now I understand what OT's title means.
You had picked the right week for this.

What happens when Illidan is using The Hunt on an E.T.C. that is using Mosh Pit?
While Illidan get stunned while flying in, or will he hit E.T.C. adn end the Mosh Pit?
Could it depend on timing, i.e.: if Illidan flies in between 2 Mosh Pit cycles?

I ask, because I like using the Hunt to cancel big spells of enemies.

So I played a custom game with Schreckstoff and we tried it twice:
Both times Illidan hit ETC and disabled his Mosh Pit

Illidan should not be affected by blinds.

think about it
Illidan%20peaking.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3BUUVUsgOw

Svafnir

I have lost about 20 quick matches in a row the past few days.

Yet I am rank one hero league and have never lost more than 4 in a row ever there. In fact, I have won 8 out of 9 hero leagues I have played in the same few days I have done these quick matches.

I swear quick match is way harder than hero league. You are at mercy of the stupid match maker that creates ridiculous team composistions.

Alur

Hadn't noticed this posted, but re: Activision and other characters entering Heroes of the Storm:

Spyrian said:
Hey all,

Just wanted to confirm that it seems there was something lost in translation in this article. During the interview, Kaeo was talking about characters from games within Blizzard (e.g. StarCraft II, Overwatch, etc.), and not Activision.

We've got a long list of Blizzard characters we want to bring to Heroes of the Storm, and don't have any plans to look outside of our own games for new heroes.

Pretty much what most assumed I guess.

Played a solo queue QM as Raynor today. First time as Raynor in ages. Dude is awesome though. I had a blast and am psyched for his upcoming buffs. Put the video of my match on my YT channel and I plan to rewatch later. I had no idea what talents to choose so I just threw some shit together, but it seemed to work out well.

Celegus

Hoping those Tychus skin changes make his color variations look... y'know, different. Practically all look the same as it is now.

Alur

Played a solo queue QM as Raynor today. First time as Raynor in ages. Dude is awesome though. I had a blast and am psyched for his upcoming buffs. Put the video of my match on my YT channel and I plan to rewatch later. I had no idea what talents to choose so I just threw some shit together, but it seemed to work out well.

I also like him more than most, but I'm about 50/50 with him so I don't use him much.

Hoping those Tychus skin changes make his color variations look... y'know, different. Practically all look the same as it is now.

I honestly didn't notice much difference other than the face being better (but still no cigar), but I will admit I didn't fine tooth comb it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom