• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
shit goblin mount is limited time only?

i guess im glad i saved up so much gold. i was this close to going on a hero buying spree...

Blu(e)

c83AVuUh.png

Also Kerrigan seems really strong now. Assimilation Mastery makes it so I don't even have to go back to base.

The Monk can be such a detriment to the team and it's all how people choose to play the hero.

Had one complaining about not having a tank when we had a Chen whom he never healed because he was always off solo'ing merc camps or pushing a lane and never right by the tank in a fight. The problem is that numbers they had reinforced in their mind they were playing right. "I have 40k in healing." Basically our Monk was Raynor'ing almost all match.

That's been my general experience all afternoon, the monk is usually off solo somewhere and the only reason why it isn't costing games is because the other team also has a monk who also is solo'ing somewhere else. They show up, drop a seven sided strike, or whatever it's called, and fuck off back to whatever they were doing before.

How's everyone's first impressions of the Monk? Thinking about picking him up but not sure yet.

I would strongly recommend trying the hero out on the shop and not buying him blind. See if you enjoy his kit first. Seems like the monk can be a situationally strong support hero, really strong, but you gotta see if you enjoy the playstyle. It's like Brightwing mashed up with Thrall.

Maledict

The problem is that numbers they had reinforced in their mind they were playing right. "I have 40k in healing." Basically our Monk was Raynor'ing almost all match.

That's been my general experience all afternoon, the monk is usually off solo somewhere and the only reason why it isn't costing games is because the other team also has a monk who also is solo'ing somewhere else. They show up, drop a seven sided strike, or whatever it's called, and fuck off back to whatever they were doing before.

I know I'm repeating myself, but I honestly think one of the best things Blizzard could do for new players to the game would be to remove the stats screen. It's utterly poison for people, and encourages them to play in bad, unhelpful ways.

Alur

How's everyone's first impressions of the Monk? Thinking about picking him up but not sure yet.

He's better than people expected. Putting up numbers in my games healing wise (both for and against). Making big plays with Palm. His playstyle is very fun for a healer.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Welp, I bought the Tyrael Demonic skin for $5. I love playing Tyrael and I love that skin, so for half the price of a Five Guys burger I figured why the hell not, LOL.

I know I'm repeating myself, but I honestly think one of the best things Blizzard could do for new players to the game would be to remove the stats screen. It's utterly poison for people, and encourages them to play in bad, unhelpful ways.

The role scoring can be just as positive as it can be negative. When you play tank or support it's nice that there are categories beyond assists and deaths that show the player did well.

Support in other MOBAs is an incredibly important and thankless job. It's nice that Blizzard are trying to find ways to recognise more than just the carries in the scoreboard. It just sucks when some players abuse that to justify their play.

Maledict

The warrior role stat is literally the most pointless number ever created. I honestly don't know what was going through their head when they implemented this. The fact that you can only see it on warriors makes it even more ridiculous - it's such a completely worthless number!

Milly79

The warrior role stat is literally the most pointless number ever created. I honestly don't know what was going through their head when they implemented this. The fact that you can only see it on warriors makes it even more ridiculous - it's such a completely worthless number!

I have seen many of times people wanting that stat. That's exactly why it's there.

davepoobond

i would want to see a killing blows stat, at least personally (not something everyone can see). the takedowns number gets inflated with all of the assists it takes into account

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Is monk up on EU yet?

Master skin Kael'thas looks majestic as fuck on the back of a treasure goblin, moreso than on the Horde skin dire wolf.

Sometimes that's the only metric you have, aside from a lack of deaths, that shows you're doing your job as a warrior.

i would want to see a killing blows stat, at least personally (not something everyone can see). the takedowns number gets inflated with all of the assists it takes into account

The reason why Blizzard combines kills and assits is the same reason that experience is global and team wide, to try and cut down on, if not eliminate, the toxicity and fighting those things can cause in other MOBAs. It's also why there is no gold, no last-hitting and, by proxy, no items. To better instill the sense that we all win and lose together.

davepoobond

That's kind of the point though.

yeah, i understand that. i just want to know how many people i actually finished off personally is all

The reason why Blizzard combines kills and assits is the same reason that experience is global and team wide, to try and cut down on, if not eliminate, the toxicity and fighting those things can cause in other MOBAs. It's also why there is no gold, no last-hitting and, by proxy, no items. To better instill the sense that we all win and lose together.

makes sense. this is the only MOBA i play, so basically the only thing i have to compare against it is wow pvp battlegrounds (where it displays both sets of numbers). i really dont know anything about items

Azmodan feels really, really good.

The ping feels really, really bad after the changes to the server selection and what not. Constantly floating around 130-150 ping.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Everyone playing and here I am, sitting around not knowing what the fuck to do.

I just want to ride the goblin on my monk and punch/heal people.

Is there an easy way of tracking your 50x Treasure Goblin kills for the achievement?

Milly79

Everyone playing and here I am, sitting around not knowing what the fuck to do.

I just want to ride the goblin on my monk and punch/heal people.

Is there an easy way of tracking your 50x Treasure Goblin kills for the achievement?

It shows on the quest log.

Werd

Pretty easy to guess why they put it in... warriors lag behind in most stats on the leaderboard and people like to feel good about their performance when they look at the leaderboard.

Every stat in the game can be misleading to actual performance, and the vast majority of Heroes games are not exactly high level anyway. I don't see the harm, a warrior soaking damage at least means they were involved in some action. It is their general purpose...

Yoshichan

It shows on the quest log.
Thank you for the confirmation! That settles down my ocd, haha.
piggy mount is being removed, buy it while you can

i might actually buy it for completion sake, im at 15k now

the blackheart doubloon mount will replace it, also 20k gold
Wow, I had no idea this was the case. Thank God for this community sometimes, I would've totally missed that had it not been for this post. BOUGHT!
Bring on the other 20k mount!

Valus

I think they should remove the healing/tank number period. Just replace it with an objective stat. Like show many doubloons you turned in that round, how many spider gems, how long were you on shrines/temples, damage to immortal, skulls collected, etc.

That would be way more beneficial and ideally get people to focus on mechanics more because they focus so much on those dumb numbers anyway.

Yoshichan

Using this for future reference, don't mind me.

Diablo Villain Collection – Diablo, Leoric, The Butcher
Diablo Heroes Collection Series 1 – Nazeebo, Sonya, Valla
Diablo Heroes Collection Series 2 – Johanna, Kharazim
StarCraft Rebels Collection – Kerrigan, Raynor, Tychus
Swarm Evolution Collection – Abathur, Zagara
Night Elf Betrayer Collection – Illidan, Malfurion, Tyrande
Reign of Chaos Collection – Arthas, Jaina, Thrall, Uther
Stormstout Collection – Chen, Li Li
Undercity Collection – Stitches, Sylvanas

Werd

Do a lot of you have every hero then? 20K for a mount yikes. I don't even have a single paid skin! Mostly because I like the defaults better on my favorites though.

About to try the improved Hammer, my SC fandom wants her to be good.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Alur you using the healing trait or the mana trait on the Monk (for support obviously)?

It only took 6 games to see that a genuine support monk, man was it awesome though. That heal is so clutch, I like that it isn't a heal dump like Rehgar's.

Indignate

Oh, those sweet Kerrigan buffs. So glad her ult cooldown was lowered as two minutes as way too long, she practically can't fight without it late game.

Yoshichan

Oh, those sweet Kerrigan buffs. So glad her ult cooldown was lowered as two minutes as way too long, she practically can't fight without it late game.
The AoE ultimate? I'm pretty sure it got a damage increase as well!

Yoshichan

I hear youre toxic, I dont deal with toxic people
I'm toxic tho! And Milly is legit as hell

Three "routes" for Monk btw? Crit, Dmg and Heals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom