• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

Leoric's changes amount to "I rez slower and am bad at sieging buildings", right? Doesn't seem like a big deal, it just nerfs the Leorky build that had him rezzing super-fast.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'M AWAKE!

EU HYPE!!!!!!!!! LET'S ROLL!!!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
First question post-patch... so I'm looking at the Domination Bundle and the only character I don't have in there is Chen. So if I buy this bundle only for him, I can do that for 5.08 euro. But when I go to the character selection, he's 10,00 euro. So there's literally no reason not to buy him out of the bundle? Why don't they just change Chen from the character selection screen for me?

edit: I love the fact that you can filter your shit in the statistics page now! More stats = always better!

edit 2: Monk bundle purchased, along with the WoW-style gold dump Goblin mount :lol

Man, Fission and Chain Bomb are absurd on huge creep waves. Kael's scaling feels more gradual but there's still a spike at 13. Those talents make pushing and standing in a huge creep wave dangerous for the other team. I've just popped a few heroes standing in huge waves, it's kinda nuts.

Yoshichan

The new UI on everything looks fantastic! Even the chat font has changed and is an improvement (the actual chat mechanics still suck though).

Yoshichan

Monk = best support that I've played in this game

When is the "platform" mount being released? The one heroes sit it on.

Yoshichan

So yeah, going with Hero League all the time from now on. Decided to give it a shot and... well:

U9eTktN.png

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
RIP goblin mount my 20k is going to new heroes.

Tyrael horse looks so dumb.

Elite AI only seems to grab camps more often.

Mercenary Lord is awesome.

Yoshichan

Elite AI award for XP :D? A man can dream.

Yoshichan

100k monk heal against the opponents 20k malf heals

what's up

Mine changes on Abby has much better flow with his other cooldowns and really improves his ability to mine both for vision on objectives and bushes at the same time. Net result is mines being up more as soon as you drop symbiote, with more mobility as a byproduct. New Hivemind is pubstomp goodness as well. I mean, it's really ridiculous, honestly.

Hate losing sprint especially since I don't like the replacement, but all in all I'm quite pleased with the Kerrigan changes. This is the build I'm rolling with atm. Level 20 is obviously lagniappe

Just realized you can rotate the model in character select now. Game changer.

edit: Can rotate mounts too. GOAT featurez

Stop looking at the booties

I don't think they like Generic Sprint as a talent whatsoever.

They obviously don't like any of the generic abilities and I don't really disagree with them on that (not a single tear shed for resurgence), but I think it's a bit doofy to just replace them with crappier versions of the same things and just calling them something else. Then again, I guess it's functionally just a way to make an adjustment on a per character basis that doesn't force people to completely relearn the character

On a totally unrelated note, is it super scrubby of me to keep picking Divine Storm instead of Divine Shield because I had two games in a row where I shielded the wrong person in a team fight and embarrassed the hell out of myself? I know the answer, it's just a rhetorical question

FeD.nL

So decided to pick this up again. Last played it while in closed, maybe the beginning of open but what have they done to my Lost Vikings, damn. Ah well they still farm like crazy.

Silvawuff

I got punched in the face a few times by the new Monk last night. He can definitely sting. Last night my team pushed core a bit early with the other team respawning. All my CDs were down with Li Li and I was OoM, so I just went south and pinged the core, basically using the rest of my team as bait for the other team so I could get the last 5%. It worked!

Now incoming 12 loss streak...

Alur

Monk = best support that I've played in this game

When is the "platform" mount being released? The one heroes sit it on.

Monk has the most fun play style of any support in the game for sure from my POV as well. Old and new Brightwing are up there for me, but nothing beats Q in + W + E + Q out for badassery.

They obviously don't like any of the generic abilities and I don't really disagree with them on that (not a single tear shed for resurgence), but I think it's a bit doofy to just replace them with crappier versions of the same things and just calling them something else. Then again, I guess it's functionally just a way to make an adjustment on a per character basis that doesn't force people to completely relearn the character

I actually like the "character specific" or "tailored" or whatever versions of generics. Like Jaina's Iceblock and Kerrigan's new Sprint, for example. I think they add a lot of flavor. Also, like you said, helps balance it for each hero instead of trying to design and work around something that is on a bunch of heroes.

Now incoming 12 loss streak...

The rubberband is real. Sometimes nothing can go wrong and you'll win 10, then everything will go wrong and you'll be 0-5 the next day. Good times. :p

Heigic

After every patch for this game I get awful performance the first time I launch the game. Clicking anything in the menus will completely lockup my pc for 20 seconds every time I click something. Happens the first time I run the game after reinstalling too and the first game I play will have between 20-30fps the whole game.

This only happens to me? It's been happening since the closed beta.

subwilde

It was very refreshing playing with Alur and Milly last night. I hate to sound like a douche but in CS:GO I'm usually carrying with my friends so it's nice to be the noobie and learn from better players for HotS. I was in full attention and learned a lot, thanks guys!

Oh and sorry about that last VP ;_; I was just trying to get Jaina but hit the core instead woops lmao

Rizzi

After every patch for this game I get awful performance the first time I launch the game. Clicking anything in the menus will completely lockup my pc for 20 seconds every time I click something. Happens the first time I run the game after reinstalling too and the first game I play will have between 20-30fps the whole game.

This only happens to me? It's been happening since the closed beta.

Happens to me too.

Alur

It was very refreshing playing with Alur and Milly last night. I hate to sound like a douche but in CS:GO I'm usually carrying with my friends so it's nice to be the noobie and learn from better players for HotS. I was in full attention and learned a lot, thanks guys!

Milly carries me all the time. We've learned a little bit I guess and glad we could help. :D We went something like 4-1 or 5-1 IIRC so it was a good run. Having VOIP really helps. Have to give it another go later for sure.

Oh and sorry about that last VP ;_; I was just trying to get Jaina but hit the core instead woops lmao

I think most everyone who has played Zera has done it or something similar. It's like a rite of passage, lol.

In hindsight it was pretty funny. We still would've had it regardless if Raynor would've just came with us.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I'm really digging the new Kael'Thas. That second Flamestrike is super useful in team fights.

Yeah, I like KT's changes a lot. I honestly didn't care much for him before, the whole ignite aspect just didn't flow for me, but after the changes I'm actually enjoying KT an awful lot. And I feel like I'm doing decent with him too. I may end up buying him soon.

And Hammer, YES I love the changes for Hammer. She was one of my favorite heroes before but now even more so. I don't know why more people don't play her.

On a totally unrelated note, is it super scrubby of me to keep picking Divine Storm instead of Divine Shield because I had two games in a row where I shielded the wrong person in a team fight and embarrassed the hell out of myself? I know the answer, it's just a rhetorical question

They should give Zeebo Spirit Walk, you know a thematic version of sprint.

I imagine it'd be too much like Leorics Wraith Walk if they stay true to what it does in diablo 3, unless they make it so it leaves a ghastly doppleganger and he becomes invulnerable. But that would be broken beyond belief since it's an invuln that lets you move around.

Zuna updated tier list
Remember not to take deez lists as gospel

Poor Gaz

Typical Abby build on there with vile nests now - yeah I can see that. Actually yeah, that's a great idea, I'm thirsty to try it later

Kerrigan build I'm not so sure about. I'd be a bit more confident if they didn't have Bolt of the Storm misspelled, unless Strom is an inside joke I wouldn't get since I don't pay attention to any of these people

Alur

Has anyone completed their placement for Hero League yet?

Milly found someone who went 14-6 and ended up rank 48 (though probably due to low MMR prior to reset I'd assume) and chu8 just went 14-6 and only got rank 5. Leads me to believe that us bubble rank 1 folks will be more like rank 10-20 after placement.

chu8 was getting a skill bonus after placement, though. I thought they had removed it but I guess not.

EDIT: Scratch that, he got it for like 2 games.

Zuna updated tier list
Remember not to take deez lists as gospel

But Apostle Zuna is doing the Lord's work, brian! How could they not be gospel? :D

Real talk doe, the fucking talent build links on his new tier list that lead to the Tempo Storm site are the shit. Very visually appealing.

The slider for base stats is great too.

They should give Zeebo Spirit Walk, you know a thematic version of sprint.

I imagine it'd be too much like Leorics Wraith Walk if they stay true to what it does in diablo 3, unless they make it so it leaves a ghastly doppleganger and he becomes invulnerable. But that would be broken beyond belief since it's an invuln that lets you move around.

They should make it so you can only use sprint if you have zombie wall or Gargantuan up and it instantly consumes the zombie wall or Gargantuan if you use it so people can still chase your ass

wat that would be terrible and not make any sense

It would be brilliant, what are you talking about

I wasn't serious

Your idea was good too!

I honestly don't see why Nazeebo needs sprint too much though. I feel he's only a bit more vulnerable than Zagara who is also fine until Bolt. On Kerrigan, something like Sprint makes more sense, but I can certainly see why they made the change.

Bolt's days are numbered too though even after the nerf, mark my words

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the real money purchases being temporarely unavailable is annoying and happens way too often

First game as Nazeebo, decimated the other team in QM. Dem spiders and frogs are beastly. Also got chased by a Johanna and Tychus; they brought me down to ~20% health and I still managed to escape.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That is annoying. I haven't seen it in ages personally, but I've saw more than a few EU guys mention it. Maybe an issue with the servers there?

just tried to buy monk bundle and cant :)

but yeah happens a lot over here, everytime new sales roll over for example

A good chunk of b.net was ddos'd last night. Half of all NA WoW servers were offline. Garrison instances were broken putting everyone in the same area on one server for a few minutes before that server gave up the ghost...

Just had a WTF comp. Me as Brightwing, Diablo, Arthas, Leoric, and Kael, vs Monk, Brightwing, Butcher, Raynor, and Nazeebo. Of course my team loses.

kirblar

Should I be concerned that three of my favorite heroes to play (Tyrael, Hammer, and Falstad) are what Zuna considers Tier 3?

And I'm surprised to see Abathur up at Tier 2, another one of my favorite heroes to play.
Tyrael's good, but he's comp-dependent.

Hammer got buffed this patch.

Falstad needs tweaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom