• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

Yeah I love playing Murky on BoE.

Too bad we're going to miss the first 10 minutes due to them being unable to keep a stream live =/ Scratch that, we're back.

brian!

Im pretty against picking tyreal just for judgement

Vp needed some semblence of waveclear and dmg that isnt just instantly healed up, they can win a fight pretty easily w/ wombo but mvp has no reason to ever stand together and vp has no way to aoe cc them

I think sanc is pretty poor against wombo, that delay is killer, it's mainly an offensive diving thing to me now, or a duration effect/diving response

kirblar

Im pretty against picking tyreal just for judgement

Vp needed some semblence of waveclear and dmg that isnt just instantly healed up, they can win a fight pretty easily w/ wombo but mvp has no reason to ever stand together and vp has no way to aoe cc them
They picked him to Sanc.

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT.

Alur

Man I was freaking hyped to watch this and it's been an absolute shitshow.

C'mon MSI brehs, we need dem yellow tops straight into our veins.

5402fc7a8d9be05144984b3cba7a840f6d747fba5ab57c47896aebb54107bc28.jpg

Alur

Not sure if happy that we'll see C9M vs Tempo Storm (most likely) as the other side of the bracket, but how else could it be to determine who gets to measure their e-peen against the world. Probably would've been that way regardless by most accounts.

Alur

Some exciting shit in this game. Also the stream hasn't went down all game. Amazing.

EDIT: The maw + the VP + the Cold Embrace just too much for Cog.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just killed Butcher in diablo, he looks exactly the same. I really dont remember Diablo 3 bosses at all. Kinda wanna fight Azmodan now to see the model

Alur

Their best avenue is utilizing Glaurung as melee, but I just don't think they can reliably win series against C9 or TS with that strategy. They just don't have strong enough decision making (or maybe strong enough players) to win beyond level 10.

EDIT: You were right brian! lol. The seer!

brian!

If they hadnt grouped up for all those maws they would have done really well, ts kept getting picked off needlessly too

Ts played more cogni(tive)zant of aoe against kael too, it was really rare to see kt get bomb value in that game

The one thing that really puts Tempo Storm above the other NA teams is consistency imo.

Too many teams pull of 1 or 2 amazing plays against them but then have nothing to follow it up and Tempo Storm can just bounce back.

Is monk banned? He'd be a bad matchup because against KT but he goes with Illidan pretty well

Edit: down and back again

brian!

Tempo storm is like the league team tsm around season 2 to me, like they are solid but it always seems like their opponents enter a state of temporary madness at some point in the game and they are like aight ill take the win

Im completely into that btw

Cog has the better comp here imo, they need to not clump during bomb tho

Oo ts taking advantage of the flowchart

Dang wish it was ue abathur, dats what fan would have done BibleThump

Alur

Agree completely that Tempo Storm is just a consistent, solid team.

Constantly we see brilliant plays from other teams against them, whether it's Cog/C9/Complexity, but they can't maintain the pressure. No matter how it goes they just never seem to get rattled and then once late game rolls around, they just make smarter plays and make sure they finish the ones they make. I also think Dreadnaught mostly outclasses the other support players by a good deal with his decision making with healing (and in skill as well other than Dunk) which benefits them greatly. And that's before we consider his actual shotcalling.

EDIT: ROFL that zoom in on that Pyroblast kill.

e1b260bd-fb8f-4437-be70-54c2b775d518.gif

brian!

Man illidan is such a rough pick into uther
Would have liked ue/push aba instead of funneling everything into glaurung

Lmao glaurung doing dat stage dive and the audience just steps aside

The downside is, you (I) kinda wanna see the brilliant play pay off and, despite liking Tempo Storm the most of the NA scene, I'm often frustrated if they win.

Dreadnaught is amazing though. As a player, a shotcaller and what I saw from watching his streams as a person.

Even when he does get salty, which is pretty rare, it's so tame.

mancrush *blush*

And down again

brian!

I thought they played pretty well this game, and the cog throws seemed pretty redundant, im kind of confused with the way cog played it

kirblar

I thought they played pretty well this game, and the cog throws seemed pretty redundant, im kind of confused with the way cog played it
I just don't understand how you expect to kill someone with that comp. 2.25 damage sources, all melee? Not good.

Alur

I would love to see Cognitive win (and Complexity back when they had McIntyre) against Tempo Storm, but the only team I really see succeeding regularly with their "star" player focusing mainly on melee is Team Liquid. It just doesn't seem to work in NA except when used situationally.

EDIT: LOL, like Twitch chat said...the ads never seem to freeze.

Looking at hotslogs and Blackscorp plays a bit of sylvanas and sgt hammer and in a recent pro match he went with Nazeebo but wow 610 games played with Illidan at an 82% winrate, 688 played with Zeratul at an 80.8% winrate.

They should title the stream down and back again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom