• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

IIRC they beat Team DK 2-0 in the OGN thing, but yeah, that's the argument I've heard. DK and Snake are as good or better.

brian!

sanc is a good pickup here

wouldnt be surprised if the game starts turning once zera gets wormhole
ooo tl cannot be fighting in those chokepoints

kirblar

Dustin Browder favorited your Tweet
53m: @DustinBrowder Could we see QuickDraft added (w/ no bans.) People doing things like dailies in HL is very frustrating.

Dustin Browder

And wow @ the games I'm coming back to.
sanc is a good pickup here

wouldnt be surprised if the game starts turning once zera gets wormhole
ooo tl cannot be fighting in those chokepoints
You called it.

You should color commentate.

brian!

nah i didnt call it, I said it after he got it

tl finally fought a fight kiting back (lost the keep tho)

mvp is really impressive w/ the 4 melees basically never extending the chain bomb

i think ts can win against mvp, but I kinda want c9 to be in finals

Maledict

Yeah... That abathur + vikings... Sure it's strong but do you really want to take that very unpredictable comp when you play against one of the best teams in the world for 30.000$ It sure is ballsy i'll give you that :)

I commented on this a while back. TL rely way too much on Blackcorp, and the fact that he is the best melee player in Europe. They draft dumb comps that only work because he's ace - but when they go up against similar skilled teams, it doesn't work.

You can't rely on mechanical skill alone at the top level of play, and keep drafting these silly teams that got nerfed into the ground 6 months ago is dumb.

Alur

I commented on this a while back. TL rely way too much on Blackcorp, and the fact that he is the best melee player in Europe. They draft dumb comps that only work because he's ace - but when they go up against similar skilled teams, it doesn't work.

You can't rely on mechanical skill alone at the top level of play, and keep drafting these silly teams that got nerfed into the ground 6 months ago is dumb.

This is exactly what I was talking about yesterday.

It's my theory for why McIntyre/Glaurung/etc. and their teams can't get over the hump. They rely so much on that melee gimmick and it's so easily worked around (most times) by the top teams it's just putting your eggs in the wrong basket.

I dont know.. I don't know.. I think they just draft a bit too crazy from time to time... Try to show off, or something like that, a bit too cocky. It seems like they win so easy against most of the teams they forget to stay humble against these really good teams.

TLs been on downward swing lately though right?

tempo's gonna take upper bracket no problem.

They had a slump a short while ago where they still drafted old meta when the rest of Europe moved on but they got their shit back together and won everything again recently.

Yeah... That abathur + vikings... Sure it's strong but do you really want to take that very unpredictable comp when you play against one of the best teams in the world for 30.000$ It sure is ballsy i'll give you that :)

Didn't watch the draft but where they forced into Kharazim? Cause the Divine Palm was outmaneuvered every single time.

I love that Ult in QM where I can usually consistently pull it off in Solo Q but having to use while on retreat is less than ideal.

Alur

Not a fan of Teknolink.

He looks too much like Pierre McGuire.

EDIT:

fVROA2t.jpg

Never again.

Fmal

Banned
God, I hope they don't remove queuing as 4. Not being able to play because one of our stack has to go afk is a bummer.

kirblar

God, I hope they don't remove queuing as 4. Not being able to play because one of our stack has to go afk is a bummer.
Just add QM Draft mode.

Quickmarch - QM MMR shared
Quickdraft- QM MMR shared
HL - Solo/Duo queue - individual HL MMR
TL - 5 Man queue, individual TL MMR

Fmal

Banned
Just add QM Draft mode.

Quickmarch - QM MMR shared
Quickdraft- QM MMR shared
HL - Solo/Duo queue - individual HL MMR
TL - 5 Man queue, individual TL MMR

Drafting is nice, but I like playing for stakes. I never played unranked in DotA 2 once ranked came out, and I don't think I'll ever QM again if I can avoid it.

kirblar

Drafting is nice, but I like playing for stakes. I never played unranked in DotA 2 once ranked came out, and I don't think I'll ever QM again if I can avoid it.
Yeah, I'm in a similar boat - but 4-stacks in HL leads to a lot of problems w/ matchmaking.

Reducing it to 2-person groups max helps cull the number of matches where one team has a huge internal imbalance going into the Matchmaking.

Alur

Grinding in Diablo. I have about as much fun doing that as Ketch did grinding for the mount in WoW. I like looking at the stuff and watching the story too much.

Fmal

Banned
Yeah, I'm in a similar boat - but 4-stacks in HL leads to a lot of problems w/ matchmaking.

Reducing it to 2-person groups max helps cull the number of matches where one team has a huge internal imbalance going into the Matchmaking.

That's fair I suppose.

franzer

Has there ever been talk about making a random draft/Single Draft like in Dota 2? I hate all pick, similarly how i hate drafting in HL. I'd much rather the system just assign roles and we go to town.

Maledict

Urgh I can see it coming already, TS winning a teamfight and ending the game, just strolling past a keep if necessary.

What on earth C9 were doing there is beyond me. They had over a minute where they outnumber Tempo and had a straight route the core and did *nothing* with it.

Tempo are becoming quite boring to watch. You have to give them credit for consistency, but it often feels like their opponents fuck up rather than they win.

What on earth C9 were doing there is beyond me. They had over a minute where they outnumber Tempo and had a straight route the core and did *nothing* with it.

Tempo are becoming quite boring to watch. You have to give them credit for consistency, but it often feels like their opponents fuck up rather than they win.

I did give them that xD

The one thing that really puts Tempo Storm above the other NA teams is consistency imo.

Too many teams pull of 1 or 2 amazing plays against them but then have nothing to follow it up and Tempo Storm can just bounce back.

Agreed after that Jaina takedown when they already had a convincing fight before that they did nothing. They half assed the boss attempt and didn't want to force a teamfight.

Whoever is calling the shots has to get more confident or at least daring, what they are doing right now is clearly not working.

kirblar

This game also pointed out the issues with the EXP generation not catching people up.

Midgame Tempo was down a level. They were on the aggro side for a long time, had at least 2 takedowns, yet that one level difference stayed in place the entire game right up until the wipe at the end.

and the correct answer is at 23 min. choosing azmodan as their primary target in 5v5...

edit: lol :D i was too slow!

The turning point imo was when they cleaned the giants at bot instead of sending some1 to cap the bottom shrine.

They just gave TS the DK for nothing.

And I was almost convinced they could pull it off, Azmo wasnt even that good.

My TS vs TL dreams were crushed, Blizzcon it'll be then.

The turning point imo was when they cleaned the giants at bot instead of sending some1 to cap the bottom shrine imo.

They just gave TS the DK for nothing.

And I was almost convinced they could pull it off, Azmo wasnt even that good.

My TS vs TL dreams were crushed, Blizzcon it'll be then.

You might be right about the DK, but choosing azmo, to me, does not make sense, he has way too much HP to his DPS to be the first to try to drop in a fairly well positioned 5v5..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom