• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.
tempo just needs to pull their heads out of their asses.

they're way better then this.

I'm glad I'm not the only one in denial mode anymore

That's the L20 upgrade.

that one is a 5 seconds CD and a waste when storm shield can save your whole group, lvl 20 talent should give a 2nd charge for Divine Palm like Nova's Orbital Strike imo.

Wow did MVP actually find time to get to 70 for Season 4 as well, I spotted a Malthael's charger on Nazeebo?

Why didn't MVP disengage, they were all so low?

They are underestimating TS a little too much.

At least TL took a game off MVP :p
before only making 4th even losing to C9M

THH is gonna be interesting.

Ketch

wow. after doing so well for so long and even making a come back they get way out of position in the bottom lane.

MVP was in their head for real.

Maledict

On the plus side, we now know what happens when Tempostorm faces a good team that actually knows how to finish a game.

Really felt like their usual strat of winning through a team fight in the late game didn't work because, unlike C9 and other teams, MvP knew how to take advantage of a kill and pushed so very hard very early on. They never gave TS the opening other teams do.

Compare that to the C9 game where C9 killed Jaina for more than 40 seconds and they did absolutely nothing with it...

Ketch

Really felt like their usual strat of winning through a team fight in the late game didn't work because, unlike C9 and other teams, MvP knew how to take advantage of a kill and pushed so very hard very early on. They never gave TS the opening other teams do.

Exactly. Typically it's TS who wins by playing conservatively and punishing mistakes. In That dk shrine game the shoe was on the other foot.

Exactly. Typically it's TS who wins by playing conservatively and punishing mistakes. In That dk shrine game the shoe was on the other foot.

by game 3 TS already fell apart.

After game 1 they seemed shaken already, I mean when was the last time Tempo Storm tried the support cheese. Then picking Kharazim over Lili.

They even got desperate in game 2 with the bossfight.

Kaelthas Spread bomb with the increased radius of explosion is so damn dirty right now. Won a game where me and an Anub sabotaged the enemies attempts at getting the boss(They wiped everyone except us) by just blowing them up. So dirty.

yeah surprised TS got so tilted so quickly.

Game 1 the Tyrande pick just didn't work. Arthelon missed 80% of his Flares pre-10 and they couldn't contain the Azmo farm.

Game 2 for some reason they went with a stupid draft strategy and then got even more desperate with that terrible boss attempt.

Then by game 3 they were tilted.

I think the Asian teams playing in a LAN setting so frequently for their regular league games against each other definitely helps them more than I anticipated. Basically every big broadcasted Asian tournament has a LAN setting and in NA, the only LAN we've had was the WCA series back in May.

Tempo Storm was clearly mentally not themselves in the finals -- there was a lot of pressure with the whole NA vs EU vs Asia thing going on and they had been hyping themselves up a lot.

I do hope everyone that qualifies for Blizzcon brings their a-game for every match.

Look at C9 they didn't tilt after losing 2 games they could have won, they performed just as good if not better.

JesseZao

Um...there's a duck hunt mini game on the splash screen of the game. How did I not notice this sooner. You just click the screen/(trees?). Gives you five shots.

Alur

Ultimately, getting bodied should be a good thing for Tempo Storm. It's been a long time since they were embarrassed. Hopefully they learn from it.

In other news, Malthael's Phantom is definitely up there with the Nexus Charger, Hearthstone Card Back, and Ironside Dire Wolf in the top 5-7 mounts. Crazy how good the "free" ones are, honestly.

danielcw

Just add QM Draft mode.

Quickmarch - QM MMR shared
Quickdraft- QM MMR shared
HL - Solo/Duo queue - individual HL MMR
TL - 5 Man queue, individual TL MMR

I don't think those MMR should be shared, maybe use one as a starting point for the other.
But the main difference between draft or play who you want is still there.

Um...there's a duck hunt mini game on the splash screen of the game. How did I not notice this sooner. You just click the screen/(trees?). Gives you five shots.
Does not work for me. Can you be more specific, please.

I only know about the treasure goblin on the quest log, who can be rightclicked.
And during Butcher and Leoric you could right click on falling stars to trigger a treasure goblin

danielcw

Thanks, found it.

It even has the white box for the Nintendo Zapper :)

I am not very good at it though.
Anyone has found a score, that triggers something?

And Johanna is the only Nephilim to actually have a horse in D3. I'm still pissed they didn't give her Steed Charge as her Z

but then she'd have a built in escape/hard engage too and would be even more broken.

After watching the DK vs Snake finals it seemed pretty clear that asia is one level ahead in pretty much everything, especially in team fights cordination and individual skills, dem bodyblocks and last second saves!, tempo is almost up there with their map control but lack in those team fights.. Team Liquid kind is kind of there, but is way too inconsistent and depending on "the mood"...

The two/three warrior meta makes a lot of sense when the individual skill gets to a certain level since it makes the fights last longer, and the longer the fights last the more likely the assasins/healers are to drop as you can push further to the opponents lines, and warriors are perfect for prolonged fights and pushing in deep...

Alur

new mount looks cool. but doesn't really match anybody but arthas...

Say what?

Sylvanas master + purple tint.

Valla OG red + red tint.

Valla master red + red tint.

Illidan OG purple + purple tint.

Illidan spectre purple + purple tint.

Demonic Tyrael purple + purple tint.

Valla master purple + purple tint.

Jaina master dark blue/purple + purple tint.

Tyrael OG base + yellow tint.

Those are all pretty good looking combos I've tried out or saw in games today. I think it's a pretty good mount for matching honestly. Lots of heroes have a purple flavored skin. Some may look silly on a horse (Marky's master has two purple tints, King Stitches main tint is purple, etc) but there's a lot to work with IMO.

Maledict

by game 3 TS already fell apart.

After game 1 they seemed shaken already, I mean when was the last time Tempo Storm tried the support cheese. Then picking Kharazim over Lili.

They even got desperate in game 2 with the bossfight.

The boss fight was the right call btw - I don't disagree with their strategy at all there. Sky Temple is a *very* snowbally map without mule, and after a certain point if you are behind you need to shake it up. They killed the boss before MVP got there, the problem was their utterly inexplicable failure to cap it.

Firstly, Johanna stood off the capture point to attack brightwing - god knows why. Nazeebo placed a zombie wall perfectly to stop Arthas getting onto the capture point - but because johanna moved, instead it blocked johanna from getting back to the point and let arthas steal it in the middle of their entire team. It was a complete clusterfuck in terms of execution - but the call to do boss was the right one I think.

I also think this tournament has shown absolutely that Kharazim is not a solo healer at the top level of play. Dreadnought is an amazing player, but I think he has called that one wrong - if the enemy team can play around Divine Palm, Lili is absolutely a better call. They probably need to look at Kharazim again tbh - as it stands right now it doesn't feel like you get enough of a benefit from going with him, and divine Palm is just a bad version of ancestral that heals for less and may do nothing at all,

The boss fight was the right call btw - I don't disagree with their strategy at all there. Sky Temple is a *very* snowbally map without mule, and after a certain point if you are behind you need to shake it up. They killed the boss before MVP got there, the problem was their utterly inexplicable failure to cap it.

Firstly, Johanna stood off the capture point to attack brightwing - god knows why. Nazeebo placed a zombie wall perfectly to stop Arthas getting onto the capture point - but because johanna moved, instead it blocked johanna from getting back to the point and let arthas steal it in the middle of their entire team. It was a complete clusterfuck in terms of execution - but the call to do boss was the right one I think.

I also think this tournament has shown absolutely that Kharazim is not a solo healer at the top level of play. Dreadnought is an amazing player, but I think he has called that one wrong - if the enemy team can play around Divine Palm, Lili is absolutely a better call. They probably need to look at Kharazim again tbh - as it stands right now it doesn't feel like you get enough of a benefit from going with him, and divine Palm is just a bad version of ancestral that heals for less and may do nothing at all,

Wasn't ZeratulArthas in the bushes right next to the boss if Arthas the rest of the team hadn't arrived in time he could have alway VP'dcontested just with BW support and buy some time VP'd the cap or jumped in and VPd.

I'm not so sure that it was the right call. You clearly saw MVP taking the possibility into account and having ZeratulArthas scout. At that point TS was 2 lvls and structurally behind, which is bad, but not past the point of no return. When and how they did was too risky and they totally panicked and threw like Solo Q QM. Did they even check the bushes?

Divine Palm is garbage in competitive at least against MVP. TL and TS tried forcing it for some reason. TS even after seeing TL getting demolished using him.

I don't know if it'd be too strong if the lvl 20 got build in the Ult since I never tried it. If your Divine Palm (I'm never gonna shorten that for obvious reasons) doesn't go off at lvl 20 getting another try in 5 seconds is not gonna salvage the situation. But the lvl 20 talent imo should be like previously mentioned a 2nd charge of it.

Edit: watched the clip posted on reddit and Arthas not Zeratul was patiently waiting in the bushes for them to do the work for his team. Soldier did in fact not even throw a blind into the bush

moojito

Looking to have a go at this after seeing the giant bomb quick look. Having never played a dota style game before, do you have to be a 7th dan black belt in order to start playing multiplayer on here like I've heard is the case with dota 2, or can you just jump in and learn as you go?

Looking to have a go at this after seeing the giant bomb quick look. Having never played a dota style game before, do you have to be a 7th dan black belt in order to start playing multiplayer on here like I've heard is the case with dota 2, or can you just jump in and learn as you go?

You can jump in and learn, once you get the basics down it's not that bad. And like in the QL, just remember to look at your map and learn where your team is and when to join up.

It's less complicated than DOTA or LOL because no items, but there's still alot of fun to be had nevertheless!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I have the cyber wolf but I saw there exists another one? Will this be available in the future?

89wKuR3.jpg

Zafir

I have the cyber wolf but I saw there exists another one? Will this be available in the future?

It was a part of a founders bundle so I'm not sure it'll come back really. Was ridiculously priced for what it was as Milly stated. It's basically only a recolour of the cyber wolf mount.

Yeah it's not pretty.

Don't think it was the right call, they had vision of 4 of the guys from MVP at top and they saw them rotating bot going for a pincer movement when the boss was around half health, at that point TS must have been aware that one of MVP were near. Seeing as only 3 went down and BW was going to phaseshift in.

Would the Boss even have done a reasonable amount of damage had TS capped and wiped?

Maledict

Probably not, it's a very weak boss - but they had to do something I guess.

I still think it was an okay call - they should easily have captured it without any losses had Johanna not wandered off the capture point for no apparent reason, and then get blocked by the zombie wall afterwards.

After watching the DK vs Snake finals it seemed pretty clear that asia is one level ahead in pretty much everything, especially in team fights cordination and individual skills, dem bodyblocks and last second saves!, tempo is almost up there with their map control but lack in those team fights.. Team Liquid kind is kind of there, but is way too inconsistent and depending on "the mood"...

The two/three warrior meta makes a lot of sense when the individual skill gets to a certain level since it makes the fights last longer, and the longer the fights last the more likely the assasins/healers are to drop as you can push further to the opponents lines, and warriors are perfect for prolonged fights and pushing in deep...

i disagree; the play I see on NA in online tournaments far outclasses the play I've seen from Asia. It's really not even close at times.

Tempo storm just didn't bring their A-game to that Finals match. They'd have been beaten by Goon Squad or somebody the way they were playing in that Finals match. It was really bad. I think MVP just played normally, and Tempo Storm played horribly.

LANs, big money matches and big hype matches are just a different beast. so I think Asia has the advantage when it comes to playing comfortably in a setting like that. but the online matches between c9 and TS is the highest level of play I've seen in hots.

Maybe going forward Tempo Storm will stroke their own wieners a little bit less and stop saying they're better than everyone even if it's true because all it does is add unneeded pressure which they showed yesterday they're not as good as they thought at handling.

LANs, big money matches and big hype matches are just a different beast. so I think Asia has the advantage when it comes to playing comfortably in a setting like that. but the online matches between c9 and TS is the highest level of play I've seen in hots.

C9 vs TS games were frustrating to watch, 1 team dominating but throwing away all their chances, the other team just scraping by till late game where they simply outclass their opponent.

TS didn't bring their A game I can agree on that, they weren't that good against C9 already, and they tilted immediately after game 1 against MVP.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a difference to the experience you receive playing QM or vs AI? I lost a QM and got 30k experience and won an AI game and got 75k experience, so it almost seems to me like it's faster to just play AI games if my goal is to gain XP and gold and level up since you hardly ever lose?

Also that reddit thread is hilarious. full of Tempo fanshits trying to come up with excuses for that sorry disaster of a match they played.

Dreadnaught said in the MSI team video "when we play our game we know we're better than everyone else" and Zoia gets on THH and talks about how good they are each week and it was honestly quite nice to see them get so mentally thwarted in their first LAN match against international competition.

If Tempo could play MVP Black in online scrims with no ping I think they'd win. But there is so much more to e-sports than sitting in the comforts of your apartment or teamhouse and performing and Tempo Storm seems to have neglected that each time they stroked their own e-penises. It's one thing to hit your free throws in practice but another to hit them when a championship is on the line.

C9 vs TS games were frustrating to watch, 1 team dominating but throwing away all their chances, the other team just scraping by till late game where they simply outclass their opponent.

TS didn't bring their A game I can agree on that, they weren't that good against C9 already, and they tilted immediately after game 1 against MVP.

I think youre vastly underestimating cloud 9 for some reason. I don't think Tempo was bad in that match, cloud 9 is an elite team and played really well until about level 16. there's jsut some strange mental dynamic between those two teams because they've played each other so many times. haha

Cloud 9 went and made Liquid look like Kappa Wolves. But then MVP Black made TS look like Kappa Wolves when they had to play against someone that wasn't c9. Such strange performances

Alur

Is there a difference to the experience you receive playing QM or vs AI? I lost a QM and got 30k experience and won an AI game and got 75k experience, so it almost seems to me like it's faster to just play AI games if my goal is to gain XP and gold and level up since you hardly ever lose?

Experience gain is based on time played so no. You do get a bonus if you win in QM, but you can't guarantee a win so if you're going for simply time = EXP on a grind AI will work well. And it has shorter/instant queues. It's just kind of mindless.

Stroke their own wieners

Hahahahhaha jackpot

Where do you take citizens of vienna to stroke from?

As a legitimate Wiener I demand an answer.

I think youre vastly underestimating cloud 9 for some reason. I don't think Tempo was bad in that match, cloud 9 is an elite team and played really well until about level 16. there's jsut some strange mental dynamic between those two teams because they've played each other so many times. haha

Cloud 9 went and made Liquid look like Kappa Wolves. But then MVP Black made TS look like Kappa Wolves when they had to play against someone that wasn't c9. Such strange performances

I'm not I think they are close to becoming the best team in NA again if they just get their shit together and start punishing TS. TL I have no explanation for after Game 1 against MVP, they drafted shit, they were all over the place, not unheard of them but they had to be underestimating their opponents.

TS I felt was similar to TL that they just fell apart. TS felt so pressured they tried a support ban cheese and then picked Kharazim when MVP didn't play along. In game 3 they were out for blood from the get go instead of their usual calm demeanor.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Experience gain is based on time played so no. You do get a bonus if you win in QM, but you can't guarantee a win so if you're going for simply time = EXP on a grind AI will work well. And it has shorter/instant queues. It's just kind of mindless.

Oh interesting. At this point I'm trying to level up to 40 as quickly as I can and gain gold so I can buy all the heroes. Guess I'll stick with AI. QM is more exhilarating when you win but it's more draining and I can't play as many games in a row.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wait, #BlizGC #HotS @DustinBrowder, though I loved the stream, it promised information about Artenis :eek: ;-) (Medic was worth it!)
@GuyShalev yeah. Sorry. Live show. Just messed it up and forgot to get to him.
Artanis news soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom