• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

Has the final started yet?

I love the way TS play. I get why some think it's boring. But it reminds me of high level poker, just always making the right call

Alur

Looks like the top teams outside of Europe were a little underrated or Liquid was a little overrated, at least at this tourney.

Totally felt like C9 was going to throw that one too but Liquid donated them a win there. Those are the kinds of blatant mistakes you don't see really great teams make, so I dunno. C9 lost the lategame to TS two straight games but they never made any awful mistakes that blatantly cost them the game like Liquid did right there, it was just Tempo beating them in a decisive late game team fight

Looks like the top teams outside of Europe were a little underrated or Liquid was a little overrated, at least at this tourney.

Well Virtus Pro shouldn't have been the 2nd team representing EU imo. NaVi, BOB?, Gamers 2 are better teams I'm not even sure how VP rank among Fnatic, Meet Your Makers, Puszek, Huron, etc.

Dunno what's going on with TL, I don't think their prowess is exaggerated.

Alur

I'd have loved to see BOB? Can't believe they are still unsponsored.

EDIT: Wow, iDream on Illidan, Fan on Jaina...I'd have expected k1pro on Jaina as that's his main hero, and Fan on Illidan. Pretty interesting.

Alur

Gat damn bodied son.

TL really look like the Blackscorp show, just like Cog + Glaurung and old Complexity + McIntyre, and once that pony has been tricked out, they aren't as special.

Maledict

Yep. Their drafts make no freaking sense at all either - who drafts an assassin-less team on tomb? That entire map is ganking and killing, and they had zero ways to actually kill someone.

They've relied for far too long on Blackscorp, and haven't adjusted to the meta, the maps or drafting at all. They straight up threw several games today at the draft screen.

Alur

That majestic beard.

Squeeze those buns boys, time to find out if Korea really does own all or if we can wave Old Glory from the Space Needle once again!

Gat damn bodied son.

TL really look like the Blackscorp show, just like Cog + Glaurung and old Complexity + McIntyre, and once that pony has been tricked out, they aren't as special.

Wouldn't go that far, Vortix is probably the only pro player still playing TLV convincingly post their retooling

But Today after their first game against MVP Black something has been off.

Ketch

Grinding in Diablo. I have about as much fun doing that as Ketch did grinding for the mount in WoW. I like looking at the stuff and watching the story too much.

yea if your looking for story then D3 is not the game.

but the loot tho, they nailed that shit.

also going ham and blowing shit up non stop is a lot of fun.

edit: this bracket is actually crap.

mvp black and c9 never played each other, yet somehow mvp black is already in 2nd place.

Wouldn't go that far, Vortix is probably the only pro player still playing TLV convincingly post their retooling

that is exactly the issue though. everyone else stopped playing Vikings for a good reason. It's not like Vortix is making them really good again by playing them so much better than anyone else could. he's just insisting on drafting a bad hero and as good as he is at Vikings, it's hurting that team against top competition.

kirblar

All 3 US teams were placed on the same side after Cog replaced a drop-out team (and then the team facing C9 dropped out right before the event!)

TS/C9 getting dumped on the same side of the bracket smells of "we're really afraid of getting them in the finals and don't want that to happen."

Alur

also for all the shit iDream seems to get from idiots on reddit, he played like the best player in that series

It's the Zuna effect. They both make huge plays, but they also both get caught trying to make those plays from time to time. Twitch loves to shit on Zuna so much.

But Today after their first game against MVP Black something has been off.

I think something has been off for a bit. They came back and won the last couple tourneys once they adapted a bit, sure, but I think the gap was/is closing with their peers in Europe.

Vortix playing TLV is nice and all, but it's not exactly the most viable pick on a regular basis. I'm sure they are all great players, but their team seems to be built around a certain style (Blackscorp melee ham) and that style is one that isn't as viable in NA (which we've seen time and again with other NA teams) and isn't that viable against Korean warrior meta either.

All 3 US teams were placed on the same side after Cog replaced a drop-out team (and then the team facing C9 dropped out right before the event!)

TS/C9 getting dumped on the same side of the bracket smells of "we're really afraid of getting them in the finals and don't want that to happen."

from what I understand, TS, TL, eStar and MVPBlack were the seeded teams but I have no idea how they decided to space the bracket.

Doesn't really make sense because they should have put Virtus Pro where C9 is and V/V to ensure maximum separation of regions in the bracket

that is exactly the issue though. everyone else stopped playing Vikings for a good reason. It's not like Vortix is making them really good again by playing them so much better than anyone else could. he's just insisting on drafting a bad hero and as good as he is at Vikings, it's hurting that team against top competition.

Well I'd say he makes them salvageable despite their current state, which is something. It'd definitely be better though if he didn't insist on playing them and became as good on another hero that fits the current meta better.

Didn't every region get their teams placed in the same group.

Looked like it was supposed to be China vs USA and Europe vs Korea, with a guaranteed clashing of regions in the finals.

I think something has been off for a bit. They came back and won the last couple tourneys once they adapted a bit, sure, but I think the gap was/is closing with their peers in Europe.

Vortix playing TLV is nice and all, but it's not exactly the most viable pick on a regular basis. I'm sure they are all great players, but their team seems to be built around a certain style (Blackscorp melee ham) and that style is one that isn't as viable in NA (which we've seen time and again with other NA teams) and isn't that viable against Korean warrior meta either.

The gap is definitely closing in EU and that's great as I'm not even a big fan of Team Liquid, Kinguin and BOB I'm a fan of, but I think C9 have shown us convincingly that a melee comp can work in the NA meta, just with Kerrigan (and of course Zeratul if he isn't banned out). If they could just close the deal.

kirblar

Oh god that positioning on the march

edit: Tempo being too overagressive trying to get picks when they don't have enough of their team present.

Wow, when was the last time TS was getting beaten that decisively?

Just can't beat the asians. Gotta root for MVP to preserve at least the little regional dignity left.

Keeps them in place after a VP due to the slow, helps burst down with the double tanks. Makes sense, but they could never kill Leoric- he gets away too fast due to how Wraith Walk works.

Wraith Walk with the defense buff is probably the 2nd best escape in the entire game (wormhole ofc) and definitely the best escape of a Warrior.

TS going for the support cheese, they feel pressured, wow MVP has balls.

kirblar

Still don't understand the Tyrande.

RIP TS or can they pull another out of their ass?
Keeps them in place after a VP due to the slow, helps burst down with the double tanks. Makes sense, but they could never kill Leoric- he gets away too fast due to how Wraith Walk works.

edit: They should totally grab double support after those 3 bans.

Ketch

Wow, Monk over Li Li when the other team has only BW for stuns.

for real. jugs would do so much work in this game. like just jug + strafe every fight and win the game.

monk into arthas is pretty dumb i feel.

maybe they're more worried about the zeratul... lili has no way to reveal. and monk can get the vision on Q which i guess is good?

for real. jugs would do so much work in this game. like just jug + strafe every fight and win the game.

monk into arthas is pretty dumb i feel.

maybe they're more worried about the zeratul... lili has no way to reveal.

Kharazim doesn't either. Oh yeah the lvl 4 talent, forgot that existed. Silly me.

Sky Temple is Tempo Storm's best map after all.

Well Monk didn't pick it so he has no way to reveal Zeratul either. I actually prefer healing ward over shield on Monk but that's because I'm not that great with shields.

Alur

If MVP is legitimately challenged by both Team DK and Team Snake like reddit and others claim...wtf hope do we all have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom