• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Free Hero Rotation - September 1-7

Raynor
Muradin
Jaina
Uther
Zagara
Illidan (level 12)
Azmodan (level 15)

Hey finally some assassins. This week's rotation has been ASS because all the people I play with just started and own no heroes so the 1 assassin (and it being a melee assassin on top of that) rotation has been the worst. We've lost so many games due to dealing NO damage to the enemy team.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Experience is a little faster in random QM if you win at least 50% of your games, but AI games are quick wins so it isn't all that much faster in the end. Gold is the same way: you get 20g per QM loss and 30g per QM win but you only get 10g per AI win. HOWEVER, a typical AI game lasts 9-15 minutes, while a typical QM match is 25-35 minutes, so in the end, again, the difference isn't all that much.

Now, if you play QM's in a competent 5 man, that can all skew in favor of QM's by a good deal.

Got it, thanks. Sounds like AI games are really the way to go from a consistency standpoint. It also feels like I can get a feel for a character better in AI games since I'm not afraid to experiment and try new builds/combos.

Yeah, I'm not going to get Leoric up to level 5 before tomorrow's rotation change, but I've been having fun with him too, so I might just spend the 10K gold and buy him. Pretty decent hero and fun to play.

Yeah he also does some pretty impressive hero and siege damage, with a good amount of survivability and escape. Solid hero overall.

brian!

welp capped out at 17 wins, that's probably the most I've ever won in a row
0jF9nd5.png

Alur

Murky to 10 on my main account now (second master Murky) and Zagara to 10 a few days back. Now what?

9-1 in placement games hopefully I get a decent rank

That's pretty good. Since your MMR may not be set in stone you might get lucky and be able to move up.

gryvan

44 minutes on cursed?

I'd get it on Spider Tomb since that map is so easy to defend even with no structures left but cursed is huge

Their abathur went mule so it took much longer than I expected cause once we got to core, it was around 12%ish...but we all wiped at their base.

After we went to go for it again, the core was back up to like 80 something% due to abathur repairing it >_>

Alur

I really wish they would buff thrall already. FUCK.

People will be wishing it even more tomorrow when that Earthbreaker Thrall skin drops. So good. Hammer skin coming too.

Also Doubloon Mount is tomorrow in case anyone forgot/was wondering.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any way to get the Malthael charger through the PS3 version of Diablo 3? I've bought D3 twice on PS3 (vanilla and the expansion), and it's a little silly that I can't get the mount that PC players can get.

Is there any way to get the Malthael charger through the PS3 version of Diablo 3? I've bought D3 twice on PS3 (vanilla and the expansion), and it's a little silly that I can't get the mount that PC players can get.

So far only PC version because console version dont requires Bnet to use Seasons

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Any tips for Nova? I am pretty awful at her, and seeing all sorts of different builds. I prefer a build that's full burst.

There's 1 Nova build, where are you seeing all sorts of builds? Unless they changed her lately and I missed it

There's 1 Nova build, where are you seeing all sorts of builds? Unless they changed her lately and I missed it
Well...not massive differences I guess. But I've been YouTubing, and I see some guys One in the Chamber over Anti-Armor Shells. I also see some take Advanced Cloaking over Lethal Decoy.

Ketch

People will be wishing it even more tomorrow when that Earthbreaker Thrall skin drops. So good. Hammer skin coming too.

Also Doubloon Mount is tomorrow in case anyone forgot/was wondering.

i played a game on him earlier and it's like swimming up stream.

Alur

Should be tomorrow/Wednesday. Whenever they update the store for the Doubloon Mount and new skins it should change IIRC.

EDIT: MGSV time! Trading in Jimmy Raynor for Snake.

This matchmaking is awful with compositions....I hope it gets better. Other team has a healer, 3 assassins, and 1 tank. We have no tank, 2 healers, no assassins. Getting destroyed.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I've been feeling Illidan lately. My first 4 or 5 games with him were god damned debacles, but I've turned a corner with him and gotten a feel for the kind of help I need to take engagements so that I'm not just getting focused and feeding like a dipshit. Also have learned the most valuable lesson: when in 5v5 team fights, the enemy's assassins MUST die before yours do. Learning to focus on back line damage dealers like Jaina and the Invoker guy has been a valuable lesson. Those guys do so much damage and they die SO fast when they've got a demon ninja dude flipping all over them like a god damned Dragonball character.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I wish you could Seismic Slam during Whirlwind as Sonya :(

Odds are, based on what you posted previously you were on a decent run and your MMR got a little higher than you were ready for. Early MMR gains in this game can put you pretty far up the MMR ladder starting out, which then usually coincides with a pretty rough patch. The downside to those huge gains is that there are also huge losses...9 losses in a row this early in your career will have you playing with the dregs quickly. If things go well, however, after a good bit of games you'll settle down closer to the 50/50 category where you really belong.

And if anyone is expecting you to be up front in a team fight with Rehgar, you can safely ignore or mute them. That seemed to be Blizzard's original intention with him, but he cannot function that way and instead functions as a super strong AOE healer pretty much exclusively now. The rare exception being when taking his Feral Lunge talent (which has fallen off in popularity in the last two patches). That talent is mainly used to finish kills though.

That seems to be the case. Also I'm new and don't know what I'm doing in most situations. I don't play MOBAs so my previous knowledge is watching Giant Bomb Dota videos and some of the The International each year. I keep working on pushing lanes out on this and just found out apparently I shouldn't bother? I got yelled at for attacking minions.

So after being happy starting with a 6-2 record I then lost 17 consecutive matches and just now finally won a match tonight. Maybe I got dropped back down low enough because this was a complete crushing. I think it was 11 minutes. And I was trying out Li Li who I previously didn't like that much but I really enjoyed her this second time. Helps having the advanced talents unlocked this time.

And thanks to the others that answered my questions as well. I'm right around 9k gold so it shouldn't take too much more work to get the 10k total needed to open up all the hero options for who I purchase next.

brian!

I've been feeling Illidan lately. My first 4 or 5 games with him were god damned debacles, but I've turned a corner with him and gotten a feel for the kind of help I need to take engagements so that I'm not just getting focused and feeding like a dipshit. Also have learned the most valuable lesson: when in 5v5 team fights, the enemy's assassins MUST die before yours do. Learning to focus on back line damage dealers like Jaina and the Invoker guy has been a valuable lesson. Those guys do so much damage and they die SO fast when they've got a demon ninja dude flipping all over them like a god damned Dragonball character.

Illidan is the most fun in the game mang
You missed out on his q being immune to cc and meta doing 100x more dmg

Alavard

Finally waded into QM with Kharazim (I hate playing new Heroes right away, when everyone else is playing them like mad), and wow, it went really well. I really love his focus on mobility and positioning.

Also, why do so many people still think Li Li is a free kill? I'm still constantly having Vallas, Kerrigans, and other assassins try and chase me around looking for an easy pick off, and it's just not going to happen one-on-one. Between the blinds (which they don't even seem to notice), heals, and her movement speed trait, Li Li becomes of the harder non-tank targets to kill from full health, and so many of my opponents don't seem to get that.

Finally waded into QM with Kharazim (I hate playing new Heroes right away, when everyone else is playing them like mad), and wow, it went really well. I really love his focus on mobility and positioning.

Also, why do so many people still think Li Li is a free kill? I'm still constantly having Vallas, Kerrigans, and other assassins try and chase me around looking for an easy pick off, and it's just not going to happen one-on-one. Between the blinds (which they don't even seem to notice), heals, and her movement speed trait, Li Li becomes of the harder non-tank targets to kill from full health, and so many of my opponents don't seem to get that.

I hate Lili because of that she's nigh unkillable if you can't chanin some CCs and a smart Lili will take the lvl 7 talent reducing CCs by 75% against a stunlock comp.

Alur

I've taken to him quite a bit. I have him at 9 3/4's on one account and 7 on another
This is my Yoshichan-like contribution of the day
but he's been nearly the only hero I've played since he was released. Great skins, great playstyle, great voice...think they need to add some love to Divine Palm (an overlay on recipients at the bare minimum) though.

He's super fun to play and pretty much always taken for granted as to his finishing power on low health targets.

Weekly Sale Items for September 1 – 8, 2015 PDT
Sgt. Hammer -- Sale Price: $4.24 USD
War World Sgt. Hammer Skin -- Sale Price: $4.99 USD
Magic Carpet Mount -- Sale Price: $4.99 USD
source

So they are forcing me to buy the carpet.. When I just got my hearthstone mount.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I just put book orders worth $471 for my first half year of college.

Fuck these studies. I could've spent all of that on Heroes and Hearthstone. Waste of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom