• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
KTIlhaY.png

sweet indeed

edit: Martian Gaz bought, no Super Sonya because let's be honest, Ill never play Sonya. My new "stop wasting money" aproach

Crap, once you get the first big siege dude on the new map you can snowball HARD after that, I think you cant defend easily as the inmortals since the siege guy can jump and stun you directly.

Is like Kaelthas wet dream.

Fmal

Banned
edit: Martian Gaz bought, no Super Sonya because let's be honest, Ill never play Sonya. My new "stop wasting money" aproach

Does not compute. Sonya is a little weak but is still ownage and her skin is gucci. Gaz is literally the worst hero in the game by a significant margin.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Does not compute. Sonya is a little weak but is still ownage and her skin is gucci. Gaz is literally the worst hero in the game by a significant margin.

You're either new here or I've been posting a lot less than i thought lately...

I'm a Gazlowe fanboy

Alur

You're either new here or I've been posting a lot less than i thought lately...

I think it's a little of both, lol.

Proud of you for holding onto your purse strings doe. That's the only reason I haven't bought Super Sonya or Martian Gazlowe as well. I never play either.

Rhaknar

I hate warriors. About to main a warrior (when I start playing for realsies again)

Damn my fanboy ways

Alur

I was thinking how happy Team Liquid must be that Tempo Storm got waxed because the majority of the talk has been about MVP Black and Tempo Storm and not C9 and Liquid.

I was so tempted to get the goblin, but since I was missing about 12 heroes still I chose the more logical approach (more heroes).

I know I should get them since I don't even have half...and I think the mount looks bad...but the fact it is event limited....

Maledict

Isn't her name "totally not Jaina" (by court order)

I'd really be interested on what went on there behind the scenes.

Every single Dota character is based on a model contained within the Warcraft 3 engine and map maker. It's not just Jaina who has a counterpart, practically every hero in Dota can be directly traced to their Warcraft 3 unit model.

(And some, like Wraith King, have had to be changed because they are so close).

danielcw

Trying to play with 2 others right now and keep getting some S2MASTER_UNKNOWN_MMQ_HANDLE exception shit that pops up in the chat. Restarted client a few times and still won't work.

Blizzard Twitter:

Some people on Reddit claim, that the issues are gone, after closing everything Battle.net related

I just started playing yesterday and I'm at around 6-3 I believe. It's fun stuff and I found that I really enjoy playing support. Li Li I'm fairly clumsy but Malfurion is great and Rhaknar I played once and that went very well. I'm still unlocking the talents for them and trying different combinations. If I was going to save up gold for another support is there any way a recommendation could be made of who I should check next?

Is there anything like "guilds" or whatever or some sort of chat channel to find folks to play with? And any place it lists the people you played with in previous matches or even see previous match stats after leaving the ending screen after a match? I didn't see them but maybe this stuff isn't where I'm expecting to see it.

zoukka

Is there anything like "guilds" or whatever or some sort of chat channel to find folks to play with? And any place it lists the people you played with in previous matches or even see previous match stats after leaving the ending screen after a match? I didn't see them but maybe this stuff isn't where I'm expecting to see it.

When you leave the match and are shown the exp gain and whatnot, click the stats tab to see all the players, you can add them as friends or view their profile from there. I'm pretty sure you can't see them after that... maybe in the replay section?

When you leave the match and are shown the exp gain and whatnot, click the stats tab to see all the players, you can add them as friends or view their profile from there. I'm pretty sure you can't see them after that... maybe in the replay section?
I assumed the Watch tab was for streams like Dota 2 does when there's tournaments. I do see it at least keeps the names of people you've played with but it really seems to be lacking in social interaction overall.

And it seems I was trying to think of Rehgar when I said Rhaknar or whatever it was. Wasn't in front of the game so I took a guess at the name.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Free Hero Rotation - September 1-7

Raynor
Muradin
Jaina
Uther
Zagara
Illidan (level 12)
Azmodan (level 15)

Does quick match have some behind the scenes ranking system? I got in good matches early winning six of the first eight matches and since then I've had nine straight losses. I've also gotten into more matches where people complaint about my performance, so that's fun.

I wish the game was a little more transparent with things like character strength and such. One person was furious when I was acting more support-y on Rekhar by healing, shielding, dropping the totem and all that and wasn't trying to be in the front of a team fight.

If you find yourself playing Kharazim and having the luxury not having to go full heal build you should try the extended E + E CDR on Basic Attacks, lots of fun and actually decent sieging.

Panthers

I just started playing yesterday and I'm at around 6-3 I believe. It's fun stuff and I found that I really enjoy playing support. Li Li I'm fairly clumsy but Malfurion is great and Rhaknar I played once and that went very well. I'm still unlocking the talents for them and trying different combinations. If I was going to save up gold for another support is there any way a recommendation could be made of who I should check next?

While not in the best place right now, Brightwing is my favorite support, but Uther is boss right now. Prolly should go for him next .

Valus

While not in the best place right now, Brightwing is my favorite support, but Uther is boss right now. Prolly should go for him next .

I wouldn't recommend Uther to new players, he's very difficult to get good at with all the extra button presses he requires.

On another sad note, I was 8 points away from rank 1 yesterday, and am now one loss away from rank 5. Every match someone in the team decided to throw because of this or that, and had at least 2 matches where someone decided we were going to lose during draft and just fed after the first team fight. I look up their profile and all these toxic players have less than 400 matches on their record. Sometimes this game is just such bullshit.

I should've just quit for the day, but I was so close to rank 1 and was thirsty for it. Sigh.

Alur

Does quick match have some behind the scenes ranking system? I got in good matches early winning six of the first eight matches and since then I've had nine straight losses. I've also gotten into more matches where people complaint about my performance, so that's fun.

I wish the game was a little more transparent with things like character strength and such. One person was furious when I was acting more support-y on Rekhar by healing, shielding, dropping the totem and all that and wasn't trying to be in the front of a team fight.

Odds are, based on what you posted previously you were on a decent run and your MMR got a little higher than you were ready for. Early MMR gains in this game can put you pretty far up the MMR ladder starting out, which then usually coincides with a pretty rough patch. The downside to those huge gains is that there are also huge losses...9 losses in a row this early in your career will have you playing with the dregs quickly. If things go well, however, after a good bit of games you'll settle down closer to the 50/50 category where you really belong.

And if anyone is expecting you to be up front in a team fight with Rehgar, you can safely ignore or mute them. That seemed to be Blizzard's original intention with him, but he cannot function that way and instead functions as a super strong AOE healer pretty much exclusively now. The rare exception being when taking his Feral Lunge talent (which has fallen off in popularity in the last two patches). That talent is mainly used to finish kills though.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Free Hero Rotation - September 1-7

Raynor
Muradin
Jaina
Uther
Zagara
Illidan (level 12)
Azmodan (level 15)

Nice, I get to try Uther, Zagara, and Illidan. Been playing a bunch of Leoric over the weekend and I really, really like him. Will have to pick him up eventually, but I'm hoping he drops below 10k gold soon.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Is there a difference to the experience you receive playing QM or vs AI? I lost a QM and got 30k experience and won an AI game and got 75k experience, so it almost seems to me like it's faster to just play AI games if my goal is to gain XP and gold and level up since you hardly ever lose?

Experience is a little faster in random QM if you win at least 50% of your games, but AI games are quick wins so it isn't all that much faster in the end. Gold is the same way: you get 20g per QM loss and 30g per QM win but you only get 10g per AI win. HOWEVER, a typical AI game lasts 9-15 minutes, while a typical QM match is 25-35 minutes, so in the end, again, the difference isn't all that much.

Now, if you play QM's in a competent 5 man, that can all skew in favor of QM's by a good deal.

Been playing a bunch of Leoric over the weekend and I really, really like him. Will have to pick him up eventually, but I'm hoping he drops below 10k gold soon.

Yeah, I'm not going to get Leoric up to level 5 before tomorrow's rotation change, but I've been having fun with him too, so I might just spend the 10K gold and buy him. Pretty decent hero and fun to play.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
12 more hours until I'm becoming a full time student again 😊... RIP in Peace Heroes of the Storm 24/7 the Dream!

Whyyyy is there no surrender option in this game . . .
The Joker had to know where the cops would put the guy with the bomb inside him, that he would only be guarded in the interrogation room by the angry guy, the exact time to tell Batman about Harvey and Rachel, that Harvey would murder a bunch of random people, etc. You can like the movie all you want, but hardly any of it makes sense.
You don't have to quit Heroes. Cs get degrees!

Experience is a little faster in random QM if you win at least 50% of your games, but AI games are quick wins so it isn't all that much faster in the end. Gold is the same way: you get 20g per QM loss and 30g per QM win but you only get 10g per AI win. HOWEVER, a typical AI game lasts 9-15 minutes, while a typical QM match is 25-35 minutes, so in the end, again, the difference isn't all that much.

Now, if you play QM's in a competent 5 man, that can all skew in favor of QM's by a good deal.

Uh, I totally disagree with those times. My average games vs. AI last about 12-13 minutes while my average games in QM or Hero League are about 20 minutes. No way is 25-35 minutes "typical" in any mode.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Uh, I totally disagree with those times. My average games vs. AI last about 12-13 minutes while my average games in QM or Hero League are about 20 minutes. No way is 25-35 minutes "typical" in any mode.

While my times may be off a bit, the correlation is that on average you get two AI matches per every one QM, taking into account all factors. Two AI wins equals one QM loss in both XP and gold, but it's the QM wins that bring it sightly ahead in the long run on both gold and XP. Slightly.

Venus Van Dam

Neo Member
While my times may be off a bit, the correlation is that on average you get two AI matches per every one QM, taking into account all factors. Two AI wins equals one QM loss in both XP and gold, but it's the QM wins that bring it sightly ahead in the long run on both gold and XP. Slightly.

By the time we realize the most optimal time/gold + XP ratio the free stimpak will be long gone...in the end, it all comes down if the player prefers to play against other humans or A.I.

btw, I'm looking for people to play with in QMs and ranked in the long run (when I decide which heroes to buy). I'm new (i.e. awful), but hard worker and willing to improve. Anyone interested pm me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom