• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maledict

They should have instead fixed their matchmaking so that 3+2 vs. 2+3 match-ups were prioritized rather than prioritizing quicker queue times.

Their "cure" may end up worse than the concern because now they are forcing teams of 1's, vs. 2+2+1 and it's going to be a jumbled, uncoordinated mess.

And that's a separate issue from the problem already raised about teams of 3 and 4.

Only Blizzard knows why they are disregarding what every other MOBA (and a fair bit of multiplayer) games have already had to do to resolve this issue. They're trying to reinvent the wheel here and a significant portion of their decisions are unnecessarily novel.

The matchmaker *does* prioritise matching group sizes, over every other requirement. That's the problem currently - the game cares more about matching my group of 3 with a 2 than it does skill level. This has led to some incredibly unfun, toxic games where according to hotslogs we're being matched with people with 1000 MMR lower than us (who for some reason are always the ones issuing orders, swearing and being toxic).

zoukka

Aba is easily the strongest solo que hero in QM. He's the only "carry" hero in the game I think, I mean we were behind 3-4 levels with no keeps in DK and still won because I backdoored their forts/keeps while babysitting my team and ultimate evoing teamfights. My team was complete rubbish and I almost gave up, the game must've lasted for 40 minutes or something...

Rizzi

Huv1VYZ.jpg
Mrglglglgl!

I should probably play Murky.

Alavard

So close to Platinum league in my Quick Match MMR... (sitting at 2167, and Platinum seems to begin at 2172). But I'm in the middle of a 6 win streak as Kharazim, which means I'm due for a series of losses any time now.

I know Platinum isn't *that* good, but it's still my goal for now.

gryvan

ohi. Allow myself to introduce...myself. I've been lurking the HotS threads since I bought my way into Closed Beta back in ~January and have been lurking on NeoGAF for many years now. It only took two, tantalizing months to be able to post here. I like long walks on the beach and
who gives a shit, amirite.

First post and he disappears
Pfft

brian!

So close to Platinum league in my Quick Match MMR... (sitting at 2167, and Platinum seems to begin at 2172). But I'm in the middle of a 6 win streak as Kharazim, which means I'm due for a series of losses any time now.

I know Platinum isn't *that* good, but it's still my goal for now.

Any improvement is really good, it means you're able to absorb things that ppl around you arent absorbing

Extremely disappointed with the new change to HL... I typically play with 2 friends and now our only option is QM which is just not as fun due to how often it puts awful comps together. The right solution is just to add a solo queue and leave HL the way it is :\. Then you would have solo/party MMR, problem solved. I don't care about rank at all but I do want to be able to play a draft mode with my friends.

kirblar

Extremely disappointed with the new change to HL... I typically play with 2 friends and now our only option is QM which is just not as fun due to how often it puts awful comps together. The right solution is just to add a solo queue and leave HL the way it is :\. Then you would have solo/party MMR, problem solved. I don't care about rank at all but I do want to be able to play a draft mode with my friends.
This is exactly why HL needs to kick you out (and an unranked draft needs to be added.)

It's the right move- you're playing a mode because it has draft, not because you want to play competitively. That ends up being a huge problem when there are tons of people doing that. (Jake even went off on HL last night on THH - negativity like that is NOT normal for him.) "I picked Tyrael for my Diablo Daily" should not be something you hear in HL.

This is exactly why HL needs to kick you out (and an unranked draft needs to be added.)

It's the right move- you're playing a mode because it has draft, not because you want to play competitively. That ends up being a huge problem when there are tons of people doing that. (Jake even went off on HL last night on THH - negativity like that is NOT normal for him.) "I picked Tyrael for my Diablo Daily" should not be something you hear in HL.

I overstated not caring about rank somewhat, I do want to win of course. QM is just awful though for comps most of the time. Usually I just do my quests in QM (unless they happen to fall into heroes I am good at and pick in HL) and play HL the rest of the time. No, you should not ever hear stuff like that in HL haha, that would be really frustrating. I definitely agree with you though, there is/was a problem when it matches solo q's against stacks, that isn't fun for anyone. I just disagree that this is the correct solution. Oh well, like you said, hopefully they add an unranked draft with this change, I don't have much faith they will though.

brian!

I dont think 10 is nothing but yeah it's definitely on the line of significant vs. not significant atm

But if they add bans to hl draft theyd probably have to add it to qm, and bans will be asked for a lot harder once blizzcon tourney comes around

gryvan

Yup not gonna touch this game in the morning anymore...

12 year old complaining about getting killed as nova and a hammer afking and coming back because of mom aggro ./facepalm

Yup not gonna touch this game in the morning anymore...

12 year old complaining about getting killed as nova and a hammer afking and coming back because of mom aggro ./facepalm

Morning Heroes games are the worst. I play Diablo in the morning now if I need my clicky fix.

Alur

Please tell me Zoia got salty and/or shit on last night.

Not really. He said that the Sylvanas ban mid tournament hurt them, but even with it available they'd have likely still lost.

He also said he would've liked if C9 could've played MVP Black because he thinks they would've had a much better shot as their styles are similar (aggressive early game) and Tempo's early game is just too bad to deal with MVP's aggressiveness currently.

Maledict

Unless I missed it, they didn't comment at all about how C9 seems to keep throwing games against Tempostorm by not finishing when they can. It almost feels like C9 has a mental block - they certainly didn't hesitate against liquid, but they constantly let Tempostorm back into games that should by all rights be over.

Alur

KingCaffeine responded in one of the reddit threads about that. He said something like they get too overeager to finish quickly with their advantage and simply take bad engagements and it's something they need to work on.

Not really. He said that the Sylvanas ban mid tournament hurt them, but even with it available they'd have likely still lost.

He also said he would've liked if C9 could've played MVP Black because he thinks they would've had a much better shot as their styles are similar (aggressive early game) and Tempo's early game is just too bad to deal with MVP's aggressiveness currently.

But they stopped relying on Sylvanas a while ago. They played her in just 2 games in the august open. Is sylvanas supposed to be great against double/triple warrior?

Also the early aggressiveness doesn't explain the Kharazim pick in game 2.

Alur

Sylvanas is a regular pick for Zuna and Arthelon. I don't know the numbers on their use in the last Road to Blizzcon, but it is a comfort pick for them and something they like to go to since they are almost always 3 ranged.

Sylvanas is a regular pick for Zuna and Arthelon. I don't know the numbers on their use in the last Road to Blizzcon, but it is a comfort pick for them and something they like to go to since they are almost always 3 ranged.

Ah that makes sense but isn't the 3 ranged comp tantamount to their weakness against early aggression and melee compositions. Which the meta seems to be shifting towards.

Gonna be interesting how long Dreadnaught's shotcalling can keep them on top if they don't adapt. Well Rexxar is ranged so maybe he's just what they need.

Alur

It will be indeed. Zoia admitted their hero pool is very small, so maybe they'll begin to expand after getting dressed down.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hero League patch when Rexxar goes live?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Rehgar -- Sale Price: 4.19 EUR / 3.19 GBP

Iron Claw Rehgar -- Sale Price: 3.69 EUR / 2.70 GBP

Lunar Tiger -- Sale Price: 4.99 EUR / 3.69 GBP

Alavard

Hero League patch when Rexxar goes live?

Hard to tell. On the one hand, we just had a major patch when Kharazim was released, so the pattern would be that Rexxar's release wouldn't have a major patch. But on the other hand, they usually don't talk about specifics unless they're about to go live, and the game potentially needs to be patched to turn off the Eternal Conflict event anyway.

Tiops

Bought Johanna yesterday. Really enjoyed played with her so far, she really can take a hit. Pretty awesome to pull enemies close too in Team Fights and help your team to kill everything while tanking the hits.

I'm buying Sylvanas next, but it's going to take a while to get 10k gold again :(

kirblar

Example of Blizzard's stupid f'd up approach to healing: Why the F does Monk's auto-heal trait HEAL FOR MORE THAN THE DAMAGE VERSION.

If you don't want auto-pick talents, don't make the obvious go-to version the most overtuned one!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'd say the Monk nerf is gonna hurt, but they have been shying away from nerfing new characters.

Alavard

Do we have official confirmation there's a Kharazim nerf coming? I'd be a little surprised since he sits behind both Li Li and Uther in winrate.

Alur

I'd say the Monk nerf is gonna hurt, but they have been shying away from nerfing new characters.

They're going to nerf monk? Weird

Agreed. Why would they nerf him?

He's hardly a pubstomper and he appears not to be very viable in competitive either.

He works well only with specific comps and his heroic is somewhere between Tassadar/Tyrande "we don't have one" and Rehgar/Uther/Malfurion/Lili "we have one" in that it's one of the most telegraphed and avoidable skills in the game, so even in the best of circumstances you're looking at like a 50-70% success rate with landing it successfully unless your target just gets blown out.

Personally, if you were right and they took the bat to him, I would be fine with a trait heal nerf if they added a larger buffer on Divine Palm once it's applied (and an overlay for targets). His healing seems to be a bit like Brightwing's pre-nerf healing in that there is a degree of fluff and even that is taken away to some degree if he can't get in to auto attack regularly.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Only gods play Uther and people with Stockholm syndrome play Li Li. Kharazim's winrate probably sucks because he can do too many different things and people don't know how to manage it, like Tassadar, but when a person know what's up his heals are basically like old Brightwing.

Alavard

Only gods play Uther and people with Stockholm syndrome play Li Li. Kharazim's winrate probably sucks because he can do too many different things and people don't know how to manage it, like Tassadar, but when a person know what's up his heals are basically like old Brightwing.

If that were true, you'd expect him to have a higher winrate and place on the charts as you go up league by league.

Bronze: 47.9%. 2nd highest support behind Li Li
Silver: 50.9%. 3rd highest support behind Li Li and Brightwing
Gold: 51.8%. 3rd highest support behind Li Li and Uther
Platinum: 52.4%. 2nd highest support behind Li Li.
Diamond: 52.9%. 4th highest support behind Li Li, Brightwing, Uther
Master: 53.7%. 5th highest support behind Li Li, Uther, Tyrande, Brightwing

His winrate does raise as you go up in skill, but not nearly as fast as other characters.

Alur

His heals are, sure, but he doesn't have Polymorph and must literally stand in the enemies face to reach that level of healing.

subwilde

Told Alur yesterday but here's an update on my HL placement games. All 20 were solo queued while before the update it was a mix of solo and mostly 2 sometimes 3 person parties.

Finished 16-4 and got rank 36. Same rank as before.

I only have 30 wins total in HL(20 with kael lol) so the placement games were a but under half of what I already played. I think I was 15-17 before the update. We will see how much my MMR changed :D

In all honesty, even though it's been said, I really feel like I was the catalyst for our team almost every single game. Maybe I'm just a try hard but it says something that I was able to go 16-4 from such a huge change before....right? There was even a game where I rekt with a team then queue again and see the same 3 people partied on the enemy team. We destroyed them. I had a game yesterday as Kerrigan where I went 43-0. The other team literally did not get a kill....

brian!

Yeah absolutely if you go 16-4 you are a main contributor in your games

I dont see much in kharazim besides high heal potential, both his ults are like just ok

Milly79

I guess my 1-6, or 2-5 record so far is an indicator of me being a shitter. I don't know where you guys are getting these games. My HL Qs are by far and away way worse in terms of toxicity, picks and shit play compared to QM.

Almost 3200 QM, 2500 HL what gives?

subwilde

I guess my 1-6, or 2-5 record so far is an indicator of me being a shitter. I don't know where you guys are getting these games. My HL Qs are by far and away way worse in terms of toxicity, picks and shit play compared to QM.

Almost 3200 QM, 2500 HL what gives?

Maybe me being at 1300 HL has something to do with it lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom