• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

Maybe I should rephrase to the same date he was coming the last time you said you were impatient for him coming when a different hero was dropping.

kirblar

Okay finally caught up on THH, great episode but Kevin totally surprised me. Yeah he still got some stuff wrong but he called the others out when the rest did too. Also he seems to be the only one among them that has any clue about EU.

I don't get the hate some of you got for him.
It's because he's actively casting EU.

It's not "hate" so much as it is that he isn't invested 24/7 like the other 3 are due to his MLG duties (even w/ Cooby having a job) so he often doesn't have a lot to contribute on discussions about strategy and balance because he's not in tune with the game.

When it comes to things like the end discussion today, he obviously knows his shit because it's not unique to HOTS and is right in his line of work.

It's because he's actively casting EU.

It's not "hate" so much as it is that he isn't invested 24/7 like the other 3 are due to his MLG duties (even w/ Cooby having a job) so he often doesn't have a lot to contribute on discussions about strategy and balance because he's not in tune with the game.

But doesn't he usually just keep quiet if that's the case? It seems as if he's getting more involved recently. I like Jared too even when he's actively detracting from the discussion going on some kinda nonsensical rant, and he's been casting EU too.

Was actually thinking the same thing when I was listening. I just think his perspective is more in tune with the Into the Nexus podcasts' than with Town Hall Heroes.

Don't know that show. Might be true but it feels like these 4 have great synergy and the last episode would have been a train wreck w/o him

kirblar

But doesn't he just keep quiet if that's the case and it seems as if he's getting more involved recently. I like Jared too even when he's actively detracting from the discussion going on some kinda nonsensical rant

Don't know that show. Might be true but it feels like these 4 have great synergy and the last episode would have been a train wreck w/o him
Well, it's keeping quiet or getting berated by Jared for being wrong.

Jared treats the whole show like PTI/Around the Horn, which is awesome.

Well, it's keeping quiet or getting berated by Jared for being wrong.

Jared treats the whole show like PTI/Around the Horn, which is awesome.
I have no semblance of what either of these mean.

Also NaVi just picked Nova against Gamers 2, who let them have Leoric and Johanna.

Edit: though I'm confused whether that's a rebroadcast. Since it's 4am in EU atm.

kirblar

After Medic, which is when these changes will be coming in. (I suspect she's coming first because she's much more badly needed.)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I wonder how good Misha's AI/behaviour will be, or worst case, when the first complains come, that people died, because Misha attacked the wrong target.

She attacks who you attack,you can't command her like a wow pet

Ketch

Rexxar will be good simply because the stun. As long as the bear has enough HP to not be focused down instantly every time then the threat of what seems to be a an ETC powerslide without putting your main hero out of position seems serious.

What's Misha's respawn time? If it's as long as a hero Rexxar will be as useless as Lone Druid is without his bear, basically a ranged creep. If Misha is dead, Rexxar has one active ability, if Rexxar chooses the bear DPS, he's down an ult as well. Also, how much, if any, exp does Misha give?

So you can target her? Who she attacks is always under the players control then?
I feared it may be just attack (on your own) or follow.

(no idea how pets in WoW work)

The control is pretty basic, Misha has two states toggled with Rexxar's trait. Misha is either passive and stays close to Rexxar or she's aggressive and attacking what Rexxar attacks. Rexxar has an ability to make Misha charge a linear path, if Misha is set to passive, she'll switch to her aggressive state.

The charge attack is the only real granular control, which is in line with HotS's simplified approach to design.

moojito

Do any of you know of any decent videos covering the basics of multiplayer? I've been playing with AI, but I imagine there are a ton of differences when playing with actual people and I'm struggling to find a decent video explaining the basics like when and where to push into the enemy base, when to abandon your lane and join up with others, whose job it is to go for the merc camps/objectives, that kind of thing.

Ugh...for one Mines is back and two I keep getting stuck with teams that don't understand you can't play a 2 lane map the same as a 3.

The 2 most important camps are the middle left and center of the mines. After the first phase you can enter the mines before the mobs spawn giving you a head start.

Don't cap the siege golems until the opposing golem has passed his gate so that they can damage it w/o getting attacked by it.

Knights/Bruisers are useless for all but throwing.

Usually you go 4-1 with 4 pushing the lane with the golem.

Mule is a godsend. Go into mines at full health mana. Be careful of traps around the entry points of the mines which you can see above the entrance to them.

If the opposing golem is at your core but yours isn't at theirs it can be better to stop the opponents from collecting skulls but leaving 1 skull uncollected.

The golem is not at max power at 40 skulls. People have tested it extensively, it continues to get stronger after you hit 40 skulls.

Really, haven't heard of that yet. My mistake then, corrected.

Maledict

The golem is not at max power at 40 skulls. People have tested it extensively, it continues to get stronger after you hit 40 skulls.

Milly79

I think another point you could add is if you get 40-50 and cannot win the boss golem you should leave and go soak xp/merc.

brian!

try to get an eta on clashes, keep track of where they are (where they entered, where they are probably heading, etc.) and prepare accordingly

if you are giving up big boss it's a lot more valuable to take their fat bois rather than the knights, but also more dangerous

also the point of 4-1: you get the same soak regardless of how many ppl are around, you put 4 in your golem lane so you can waste bullets/take tower, your goal here is to try to hit lvl 4 before mines
but sometimes your comp is not as good as the other team's comp for this so you have to adjust

manage cooldowns when clearing skulls, it sucks to get engaged on when you don't have your shit up, also go on ppl when they blow their shit on skulls

What's the best Li Li build nowadays then? Maybe I just get put against co-ordinated teams, but whenever I use her I feel so useless nowadays. I prefer Malf, and of course it's best to use a character you feel comfortable with instead of picking "the best" character, but I'm level 7 with her, and level 8 with Malf.

I tend to focus on dragons and doubling them up with the healing and bounce traits, also shrink ray and cup ult. Of course you can tailor your build to your opponent but what's a "go-to" for her?

The strategy I use in solo queue on Haunted Mines is that once we have 40-50 skulls, if we can't easily claim more, I suggest we bail out and soak lanes/grab camps while the enemy team is forced to go into the mines to catch-up on skulls. Usually means that we can soak a lot of XP, drain tower ammunition, and usually cap at least one camp while the other team is busy just trying to even out the skull total.

Milly79

What's the best Li Li build nowadays then? Maybe I just get put against co-ordinated teams, but whenever I use her I feel so useless nowadays. I prefer Malf, and of course it's best to use a character you feel comfortable with instead of picking "the best" character, but I'm level 7 with her, and level 8 with Malf.

I tend to focus on dragons and doubling them up with the healing and bounce traits, also shrink ray and cup ult. Of course you can tailor your build to your opponent but what's a "go-to" for her?

Conj, mending serpent, the good stuff, jugs, surging winds, herbal cleanse, Kung fu hustle.

The only ones I personally would deviate on are:

(7) shake it off if they have a lot of stuns
(13) you can take E slow or shrink ray for a diver

Alavard

My Li Li talent choices:

1) Conjurer's Pursuit on Cursed Hollow, Tomb of Spider Queen and maybe Dragonshire. Pro Toss on others

4)Mass Vortex or Lingering Blind (vortex seems more popular, but I actually usually choose Lingering)

7) The Good Stuff. Shake it Off is also very popular here.

10) Jug of 1,000 Cups

13) Hindering Winds

16) Herbal Cleanse

20) Kung Fu Hustle.

I like to focus on using Blinding Wind a lot, as blindness is a hugely powerful debuff. It helps a lot in early laning, is an extra way to save teammates being chased, and helps make you extra harder to kill when caught out solo.

Thanks. I tend to just try different things each time and never really stick to one build, particularly I never use Kung Fu Hustle but if it means I can spam abilities to get away that would help.

I just hate how she has no way of targeting invisible enemies. Especially annoying when trying to capture points.

Can't believe BOB? doesn't have a sponsor yet. They are among the top 5 teams in Europe and that after only forming less than 2 months ago.

Also Fnatic is currently playing against Team Spartanien on infernal shrines, which is weird considering blizzard admitted the map is bugged atm.

Edot: and it was a 13 minute stomp.

Maybe i'm braindead but i cannot find the matches between MVP and Tempo storm, well i found them but with russian commenting anyone has a link ?

What's bugged about it?

Apparently the attackspeed of the John Cena against buildings and the skeletons on the shrine don't scale.

Blinks from complexity also posted a video with a Punisher stopping his attack on a keep to go for core and then just standing still doing nothing.

watching lower bracket with Kevin @http://www.twitch.tv/schamtoo

Edit: there's currently another game on Infernal Shrines going down

kirblar

The guy who mono-Chen'd to R1 a few months back mentioned he loved Pals as an initiation/bodyblock tool. What map did they grab him on?

Alur

Win or lose this is what Tempo should be doing when they aren't playing Cloud 9. They need to get comfortable on more heroes, get comfortable with double tank, etc. Getting reps in against decent competition that they can - if needed - draft their way to beat if it goes south is the best thing for them heading into Blizzcon.

is it another gold only mount?

20,000 gold yeah. And it is awesome. 3 great tints (Gold/Silver/Bronze).

Uther is so getting nerfbatted soon.

but he wasn't even buffed, it's funny how the meta shifted from Rehgar>Malf>Uther to Uther first picks.

uther is iriduc

anigif_enhanced-buzz-27902-1389768857-19.gif

I'm really lost LoL/DoTA term?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
uther is iriduc

Ketch

Yea double tank +uther + azmodan is just a lot of hit points. they didn't really have the damage they needed on complexity... maybe nazeebo instead of zagara

kirblar

With DS, Benediction, Redemption, and the Ghost Form putting out really good healing, his only weak point is bad AoE healing, and with a tanky/sustain-y comp, that's not even a real concern.

Minor nerf I wouldn't be surprised to see happen: Less HP upon rezzing using Redemption.
Yea double tank +uther + azmodan is just a lot of hit points. they didn't really have the damage they needed on complexity...
Didn't matter once they got End Boss Azmo. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom