• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Medic is gonna have a heal beam TF2 style right? Maybe that will get me back in this again :/

Said the same about monk and Rexxar

Stupid diablo, get boring already!

Syf

Banned
Medic is gonna have a heal beam TF2 style right? Maybe that will get me back in this again :/

Said the same about monk and Rexxar

Stupid diablo, get boring already!
I imagine it'll be similar to how it is in SC2 so yeah, unless they've shown otherwise somewhere

Alavard

Just uninstalled the HotsLogs uploader. Decided that watching my MMR going up or down every single match was dictating which heroes I played. I didn't want to switch to new heroes to learn them and risk my MMR plummeting as a result. Too bad, almost made Diamond.

gryvan

man....kharazim is FUN AS HELL

those double heals D:

that stasis heals D:

that detect hidden enemies talent everytime you do the Q D:

that super OP nonsense damage E D:

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The purple and green tint on the Artanis alt reminds me of someone and i cant put my finger on who. I'm sure it's a "homage" just like the Samus tint but I can't remember what and it's driving me nuts.

blizzgc-00019.jpg

dmosher

Just uninstalled the HotsLogs uploader. Decided that watching my MMR going up or down every single match was dictating which heroes I played. I didn't want to switch to new heroes to learn them and risk my MMR plummeting as a result. Too bad, almost made Diamond.

This, so much this. Screw the meta; HL is so stale if all you do is pick Tier 1 heroes. I've fallen from Rank 1 to Rank 7 in the last week and I don't even care tbh, I'd rather have fun playing heroes and comps that aren't top tier than be bound to caring about MMR or rank.

Good on you :)

Rhaknar

I'm still sad Mecha Tass doesn't have the 3 Deception Seekers as the color tints :(

latest

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
What is this garbage that I can't cleanse out of Butcher's chain ultimate? Is it like this for all ultimate disables?
Yeah, pretty much.

Edit: I haven't tested, but maybe you can Ice Block or Divine Shield through the duration of it? It also doesn't prevent him from being disabled, so you/your team can counter. I know there have been a couple times that Leoric's tomb actually protected me from his teammates so I could 1v1 toast him with my ultimate/abilities combo.

Alur

Alur

I thought it fucked you like Octograb.

Eh? Octograb has always been cleansable unless I am misunderstanding what you're saying. That's pretty much why Murky has to target the healer unless the healer is an idiot or the team is split.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Really... I've been bumped out of holding it on someone but never had someone just escape. Shit tiers are shit. News at 11.

kirblar

Eh? Octograb has always been cleansable unless I am misunderstanding what you're saying. That's pretty much why Murky has to target the healer unless the healer is an idiot or the team is split.
No pre cleanse is so nice.... but then uher turns into a ghost. ><

Purifier alt color 1 is Asukas eva

Alur

Really... I've been bumped out of holding it on someone but never had someone just escape. Shit tiers are shit. News at 11.

Haha, that could be it maybe. I dunno.

I love the shit out of trolling Murky's and cleansing every target they pick with Octograb. Makes them nigh useless unless they just start pressuring lane. Likewise I've had people do it to me after everyone got Cleanse so I had no choice but to Octo them or have a wasted ult.

Alur

i dunno if cleanse works on lamb after the change

That may be it since it reapplies. It definitely used to at any rate.

EDIT: Yeah, it'll remove the initial application, but will only result in being reapplied at 50% less duration unless you are the twitchiest mover/blinker ever and can get out before the reapplication were to tick.

Alur

Yep, that definitely makes it a lot more useful.

Now we need a buff to Murky making Octograb reapply after being Cleansed /s

Come one they played one team from europe.

k1pro: I'm confident. We're the best for sure. We already smashed Europe.

Please don't get arrogant in general. Or do and let me enjoy you getting manhandled by asians. That way I could also finally root for TS again

Kaeyoh: I wanted to go to Mines.

Zuna: I wanted Mines too.

lol

My only QQ about it would be, I agree with Zuna that beyond the fact that the three qualifiers is weird and you don't go to BlizzCon automatically from those but that you can compete in a tournament and go 4-3 and still not win is like....it is weird.

Seriously Dread was an athlete before HoTS how has he not heard of group stage before. There's nothing weird about it.

Are you going to report Leoric for feeding?

Everyone else already did.

Zuna did a lot of dying is that his play style or what was he on tilt?

I think tilt is Zuna's play style.

poor Zuna

Maledict

Yeah, the thing about Europe was silly. I guess that's part of the smack talk that goes with these things but the reality was TL played and drafted badly, and everyone knew it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

scoobs

Not much better than picking illidan in Hero League and your teammates pick abathur and tassadar to support you lol. I was an unkillable god and I almost felt bad for the other team.

Silvawuff

Pushed core while other team in the lead was doing a ftw golem phase.

"It will never work."

We won.

I think Li Li should get an ability that kills Zeratul if he pokes her. Just sayin'.

Alur

Come one they played one team from europe.

Please don't get arrogant in general. Or do and let me enjoy you getting manhandled by asians. That way I could also finally root for TS again

It was the "best" team in Europe, though, whom a lot of people expected to roll the competition. On the one hand I can see why they would they would beat their chests about it due to that hype and the amount of trash talk that went on among fans of both regions, particularly after several of the recent TL showings...

...on the other hand, the arrogance of Zoia is the main reason I hear people say they hate Tempo Storm and want C9 to win, and this pretty much echoes that but instead of the manager saying it and no players, it's like 3 of the players.

Word.

Sometimes I think I'm too perfect. The game must give me shitty teammates on purpose just to make it fair for the other team

That's exactly the same thing that happens to me. Then after I lose and I come post on GAF, dudes tell me it's my fault. Clearly they've never seen my superior mechanical and strategical play that is miles above whatever bracket I'm in.

sweZ8Lf.gif

Alur

I like them goading each other in interviews too as off camera it's pretty obvious they get along quite well. Just part of the show boys.

kirblar

Group stage doesn't happen in most sports because of the collusion issues. (See thrown Olympic matches because u want to dodge a team.)

Dread did baseball, they ain't got time to play round robin, players would be dead.

It was the "best" team in Europe, though, whom a lot of people expected to roll the competition. On the one hand I can see why they would they would beat their chests about it due to that hype and the amount of trash talk that went on among fans of both regions, particularly after several of the recent TL showings...

...on the other hand, the arrogance of Zoia is the main reason I hear people say they hate Tempo Storm and want C9 to win, and this pretty much echoes that but instead of the manager saying it and no players, it's like 3 of the players.

Yes the best team in europe but there's plenty good teams left they haven't played against nor probably paid much attention to.
The only other team from Europe attending even said they aren't among the best anymore.

It's just the arrogance all around that puts me off, I get Zoia trash talking he's not only the manager he's somewhat their cheerleader. Not to mention that it's somewhat funny with him and doesn't come over as totally serious, or I'm just not taking him serious.

It's also easy to say they would have fared better against MVP and that they aren't scared of asian teams when they haven't even faced them.

brian!

I mean we saw reynad go onto stage and whisper to zuna "i know we said we'd lose here fora better blizzcon story but actually try for a couple of games ok, we'll get kbbq later"

Alur

Yes the best team in europe but there's plenty good teams left they haven't played against nor probably paid much attention to.
The only other team from Europe attending even said they aren't among the best anymore.

Team Liquid and Tempo Storm sit in the same position. Every loss is blown up and over-analyzed, the end is nigh, etc etc. It does look like Liquid currently are in a deeper hole than Tempo Storm so there's more glee there, but I do agree re: your next point.

It's also easy to say they would have fared better against MVP and that they aren't scared of asian teams when they haven't even faced them.

Tempo and many others thought C9 would fare better against MVP Black than Tempo did. I'd tend to agree based on playstyle. However, to your point, that also stands to reason with other EU teams and their different playstyles compared to TL against C9 or Tempo might result in ____ EU team bodying them in return due to that different playstyle. Some teams just counter other teams naturally.

It's just the arrogance all around that puts me off, I get Zoia trash talking he's not only the manager he's somewhat their cheerleader. Not to mention that it's somewhat funny with him and doesn't come over as totally serious, or I'm just not taking him serious.

As for this, I think you are reading into it all as a lot more serious than it is. I pretty much only posted it to goad Milly79 cause he detests Zoia's trolling
they are basically the same person
so it was funny to hear "the good guys" doing the same thing now that the tables turned.

The two teams are constantly giving each other props, they hang out tons at events if their tweets/pics are to be believed and are always cracking jokes with each other on Twitter. It's just part of the show IMO.

kirblar

Is anyone else getting the same daily quest over and over? I'm no longer getting the animation when I log in in the morning and keep getting the Warrior daily over and over and over and over again. Gonna try clearing my Diablo daily to see if that fixes things.

Alur

I've gotten nothing but 3 warrior repeatedly the last few times I've played, though I think mine is just bad luck as it happened twice last week, then I didn't play for 4-5 days, then I got it again when I logged back in.

EDIT: If I had my favorite teams succeed at Blizzcon, I'd like to see some form of Team Snake (Oreomannnnnnnnnn), BOB? (Bakery), and C9 (Dunk & Fan) as the top three. Unfortunately doesn't look like Snake can hang with MVP Black on the same level anymore so that is unlikely. There's no one on MVP Black who I get as excited to watch though. BOB? and C9 are possibilities to finish up there I guess.

Alur

Agree 100%. I think all the other pieces are as good or better, but Dread is the superior support and shotcaller IMO...though wasn't there some talk Fan was shotcalling? I may be wrong.

Team Liquid and Tempo Storm sit in the same position. Every loss is blown up and over-analyzed, the end is nigh, etc etc. It does look like Liquid currently are in a deeper hole than Tempo Storm so there's more glee there, but I do agree re: your next point.

Agreed.

Tempo and many others thought C9 would fare better against MVP Black than Tempo did. I'd tend to agree based on playstyle. However, to your point, that also stands to reason with other EU teams and their different playstyles compared to TL against C9 or Tempo might result in ____ EU team bodying them in return due to that different playstyle. Some teams just counter other teams naturally.

And I agree with that but both TS and TL got absolutely destroyed, faring better than them doesn't mean it's going to be easy. And yeah TL is not really a representation of Europe even if they're the top team they are their own bubble, though I don't think there is that much of a difference between these two regions, except some odd hero pickings and popularity.

As for this, I think you are reading into it all as a lot more serious than it is. I pretty much only posted it to goad Milly79 cause he detests Zoia's trolling
they are basically the same person
so it was funny to hear "the good guys" doing the same thing now that the tables turned.

The two teams are constantly giving each other props, they hang out tons at events if their tweets/pics are to be believed and are always cracking jokes with each other on Twitter. It's just part of the show IMO.

Probably I remember someone saying Blizzard instructed and urged the teams to trash talk each other for the heroes of the dorm coverage.

Agree 100%. I think all the other pieces are as good or better, but Dread is the superior support and shotcaller IMO...though wasn't there some talk Fan was shotcalling? I may be wrong.

if his shotcalling were anywhere near his abathur play that'd be devastating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom