• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

Oh yea I guess they had mentioned fan was doing the strategic shot calling.

Ok let me revise my statement then: swap dread & arth with dunk & fan, and c9 never loses another game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
2 days gone

What did I miss

With the european road to Blizzcon happening 2. Octobre I don't know if we're going to see a big balance patch and if we do I guess we get the final confirmation of what Blizzard thinks of europe.

Unless they do finally have the ability to hold events on prior builds.

kirblar

With the european road to Blizzcon happening 2. Octobre I don't know if we're going to see a big balance patch and if we do I guess we get the final confirmation of what Blizzard thinks of europe.

Unless they do finally have the ability to hold events on prior builds.
Fresh patches for events are hype. It's happened before to US teams.

brian!

Oh i was thinking about the one time there was a patch day of

I forget which patch

I think a week is pretty fair for a qualifiers tourney

Alur

I enjoy the patch drama and how it affects tournaments too. Looks like if the patch is indeed next week they'd get like two days beforehand...though we haven't seen a PTR so maybe just PTR next week?

Maledict

I wrote a huge long rant about the type of games, and the players I'm getting matched with, but deleted it because it ended up sounding like something Donald Trump would author.

So instead, I'll merely request what most other big gaming companies have done, and *please* create an Eastern Europe server. It's better for everyone.

if it's just a road to blizzcon qualifier yeah sure but this is the 2nd most important event of the year for some teams and the most important for many.

Seeing a team go to blizzcon just because they figured the patch out faster only to get destroyed at Blizzcon would be a bummer.

Right now I'd say TL, BOB?, Gamers 2, Navi and Roccat could all make it but Pirates in Pyjamas, Fnatic and Virtus.Pro are gonna have a hard time.

Maledict

if it's just a road to blizzcon qualifier yeah sure but this is the 2nd most important event of the year for some teams and the most important for many.

Seeing a team go to blizzcon just because they figured the patch out faster only to get destroyed at Blizzcon would be a bummer.

Right now I'd say TL, BOB?, Gamers 2, Navi and Roccat could all make it but Pirates in Pyjamas, Fnatic and Virtus.Pro are gonna have a hard time.

Blizzard have given precisely zero fucks about Europe, their largest market, since launching the game. I don't have any anticipation they will change anything now.

(Seriously, we had three open events in one month, they overlapped with a massive tournament that had been organised months ago, a patch nuked one of them, and the presentation was dreadful compared to what USA got).

Maledict

Id be surprised if eu is the largest market, usually it's always china

the only thing we know is that EU has the largest set of players on hotslogs by quite a way. Clearly, that's not a great measure, but just looking at the competitive scene EU seems to have more tournaments and competitive teams than the other regions.

Blizzard have given precisely zero fucks about Europe, their largest market, since launching the game. I don't have any anticipation they will change anything now.

(Seriously, we had three open events in one month, they overlapped with a massive tournament that had been organised months ago, a patch nuked one of them, and the presentation was dreadful compared to what USA got).

Yeah this would just be the final nail in the coffin

Id be surprised if eu is the largest market, usually it's always china

I don't think HoTS is that popular in China for now though if it's just 1%...

I've gotten nothing but 3 warrior repeatedly the last few times I've played, though I think mine is just bad luck as it happened twice last week, then I didn't play for 4-5 days, then I got it again when I logged back in.

I only get multi-warrior comps when I queue as Rexxar. Three warriors on our team, none on theirs. When I queue as any other class, no warriors, maybe one in the entire game.

I think matchmaking is telling me to stop playing Rexxar.

brian!

Def not up to date on gaf memes thankfully

Both dota and league's china numbers eclipse the rest, i know tencent does league, i think dota is run by something there too. And garena for SEA i think?

Alur

I only get multi-warrior comps when I queue as Rexxar. Three warriors on our team, none on theirs. When I queue as any other class, no warriors, maybe one in the entire game.

I think matchmaking is telling me to stop playing Rexxar.

We were talking about 3 warrior games daily.

Alavard

So are we expecting s balance patch next week?

Next week would be 3 weeks after Rexxar's release. It's more likely we'll get it the week after that, if they follow the 3 weeks - hero no balance patch , 4 weeks - hero with balance patch, 3 weeks - hero no balance patch, etc pattern.

Ketch

It's true.

This one time in mumble chat; they were like "wwwooowww," followed by at least 2 minutes of stunned silenced

right after he died to lili in a solo lane.

Has there been any talk of Blizzard removing generic talents from HotS completely? Or at the very least making character-specific variations. I've come around on the argument that they detract from the game, especially Bolt of the Storm. Too often it's used as a get out of jail free card.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Has there been any talk of Blizzard removing generic talents from HotS completely? Or at the very least making character-specific variations. I've come around on the argument that they detract from the game, especially Bolt of the Storm. Too often it's used as a get out of jail free card.

As a noob to the genre I hated that from the start. Even, if like you say, having hero specific variations would be enough for me. It's all about the flavor!

Ketch

The other lvl 20 talents just need to be better.

What's the lvl 20 upgrade to maw?

Nobody fuckin knows because it's terrible.

Alavard

There was some discussions around them quite a while ago, like back in March or so? At the time it sounded like they wanted to phase them out, but they've never said quite how far they want to go.

protonium

Heroes of the Storm Dev Responds to Community Conversations Around Balance, Bans, More

Blizzard must instil the idea of soon(TM) in all of their employees.

Of note:
- Kael's win rate is fine, but chain bomb is too stronk and under review
- Zera's win rate is fine, but VP and wormhole are too stronk and under review. Also, 100% ban and pick rate in tournaments is not desirable
- Leo and Joh's wave clear is too stronk and under review. Blizz and players did not value wave clear previously as much as they do now, so the numbers were inflated to make the talents more appealing
- Tass and Tyrande have received changes to make them more viable solo supports internally

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Make everyone shit so everyone is viable

Also, where's my medic overview video

Alur

Also, where's my medic overview video

There's no medic in Diablo.

NARGLLP.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom