• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milly79

Murky is the best character in the game

holy fucking shit

tumblr_inline_nrdpa1jp3k1qfw1ha_500.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
With Murky, comes lots of stupid teammate comments.

M0j0qUw.jpg

Alur

kirblar is the Garden of Terror change going to bring it up from your least favorite map?

Murky is the best character in the game

holy fucking shit

do u fill dum or do u fill stoopid 4 doubting

We told ya bb. Best hero to solo queue with hands down. Team sucks? Who cares. Just be annoying as shit.

With Murky, comes lots of stupid teammate comments.

M0j0qUw.jpg

To be fair, wasn't part of your reason for not wanting to play him because you often flamed Murky's yourself? kekekek

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm not gonna say anything quite yet, but when I wake up every morning, I feel like going straight to the game to rek and shrek with Murky. Haven't felt this way in a while! Lvl 8 right now but gonna take a 2 day "break" because I'm heading to a 3 day gaming session with Souls-related games so I'll talk to all of you another day :)!

I'm not gonna say anything quite yet, but when I wake up every morning, I feel like going straight to the game to rek and shrek with Murky. Haven't felt this way in a while! Lvl 8 right now but gonna take a 2 day "break" because I'm heading to a 3 day gaming session with Souls-related games so I'll talk to all of you another day :)!

You've seen the light. Welcome, Murkbro.

Played versus Grubby today on PTR in Quick Match. He was Chen and I was Raynor. I watched his VOD afterwards, here are a few of his quotes:

"They had a solid team."
"He (Raynor aka me) made a big mistake!"
"Stim Drone Raynor is the best."
"A really good game."

It was indeed a really good game. I was recording and commentating at the time so I'll have it up on YouTube this week. Was fun to play against a well-known player.

Alur

I was recording and commentating at the time so I'll have it up on YouTube this week. Was fun to play against a well-known player.

Why aren't you streaming Soka? Or maybe you are and I missed it. You got dem skills and good knowledge and you (based on your posts) play heroes people like to see. /shrug

Why aren't you streaming Soka? Or maybe you are and I missed it. You got dem skills and good knowledge and you (based on your posts) play heroes people like to see. /shrug

I usually play between 5 AM and 10 AM Central time which is so oddball that I just record and throw it onto YouTube. Also, I think I need more practice commentating while playing before I get into streaming. If you're bored as shit you can catch some of my games on my channel (YouTube.com/c/soupasokagaming).

P.S. I'll actually be available to play at normal hours this weekend if anyone wants to get a group going.

I usually play between 5 AM and 10 AM Central time which is so oddball that I just record and throw it onto YouTube. Also, I think I need more practice commentating while playing before I get into streaming. If you're bored as shit you can catch some of my games on my channel (YouTube.com/C/soupasokagaming).

P.S. I'll actually be available to play at normal hours this weekend if anyone wants to get a group going.

you need to cut the /C/ so it doesn't lead to a 404

YouTube.com/soupasokagaming

God the replay system is so atrocious. Any hope for a Dota 2 Reborn style engine recreation in the future or are we forever slaved to the limitations of SC2?

Syf

Banned
At the least it should get some major updates. They've gotta realize how awful the engine is for replays and rejoining games, among other things.

scoobs

I feel like I'm pretty damn good at most of the heroes at this point, but I cannot figure out how to be an effective Sonya for the life of me. I die instantly to anything and everything so I can't actually do damage. Whats the trick here?

I feel like I'm pretty damn good at most of the heroes at this point, but I cannot figure out how to be an effective Sonya for the life of me. I die instantly to anything and everything so I can't actually do damage. Whats the trick here?

Get the self heal talent and stoneskin/ignore pain, and don't engage poorly. If you're the only warrior on your team or if you don't have a strong support, you're gonna have a hard time, but otherwise play like an assassin would, you just can be more agressive once you finally engage. Also abuse whirlwind healing, if you hit 3heroes, it's fairly hard for any team to actually kill you until you're done spinning, but if you're only hitting one or not whirlwinding, then you go down like a sack of potato if everyone focuses you before you're 20.

Also don't hesitate to run away after you've soaked a bunch of damage if you're low. Obviously you need to assess if you can still kill people before they kill you, but if you've already done a large amount of damage but you're low and about to die when kaelthas cooldowns come back up, might as well just run behind your team and wait until your healer gets you back to half health and your self healing come back up. Can also go whirlwind a creepwave for some quick recovery.

But yeah basically, you want an assassin mindset rather than a tank mindset imo for Sonya until lategame. She's a bit like Butcher, does insane damage when she's on target, but goes down fast if she's out of position/getting focused. You only really become a lot more tanky than butcher in the lategame when you get those defensive abilities at 16 and 20, before that you're arguably more squishy than a Butcher who can hit a target with the lifesteal debuff, and you do less damage also, so don't overextend. That's generally why you don't want Sonya in a single tank setup, she does it very poorly until later on. With Medic that might change though, since Medic gives her an insane amount of healing and unlike other warriors, she dishes ridiculous damage.

Yoshichan

Did you think we were all trying to troll about how awesome he is earlier?
I was mistaken, I was wrong

I am sorry

I can't wait to come back home and start rekking with mah homeboy MURKAAAAAY

Last night I had a game on BHB end at 7:41. Team didn't know what coins were and I was Abathur so that was nice. I had to quit the game after that and just go to bed. Why do MOBAs do this to me.

Syf

Banned
So Blizz has a list of over 200 heroes for HotS lol. Not really surprising considering how much history they have to draw from but dang.

And it'll only take like 11 years to get them all out at the current pace.
qO477MA.png

kirblar

i feel like they've been going pretty fast on the hero releases... like maybe too fast in some cases (rexxar).
They're actually not going fast enough. They're on a 7 week cycle when they really want to be on a 6 week one w/ their current gold gain rates.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Boys, I said gat damn:

Gettin' dat Faker action in.

I can't imagine the money the Blizzard marketing machine could print with 1/10th of those viewers, let alone half.

I assume theres some sort of tournament going on?

So Blizz has a list of over 200 heroes for HotS lol. Not really surprising considering how much history they have to draw from but dang.

And it'll only take like 11 years to get them all out at the current pace.
qO477MA.png

I kind of hope some of those would be from Activision properties, I really would like if HotS just became an even stupider smorgasbord of completely unrealated characters, like really dumb shit like Spyro, Call of Duty guy, Tony Hawk...

I'm only kind of joking about that, to be honest.

If the THH next week has a reddit question thread someone should ask what Cooby and Jake think of all the comments suggesting they are basically the same person.

Cause there's a lot of them and that has to hurt on some level.

kirblar

If the THH next week has a reddit question thread someone should ask what Cooby and Jake think of all the comments suggesting they are basically the same person.

Cause there's a lot of them and that has to hurt on some level.
I think the America's Championship tourney showed that there's a lot of truth to that statement, actually. They were better apart than together.

Alur

They are pretty much both just straight laced commentators. I feel like of the two Cooby is the most capable of variance and better to listen to, and that's not something I would've thought I would say 8 months ago.

kirblar

Wouldnt more impactful early kills be more snowbally

I like it tho, it'll make drafting a little more nuanced
Kinda? It actually reduces the impact of a feeder since they'll be killed less often, thus giving less EXP.

They're also making it easier to fight with a level difference early on.

Alavard

wait so are these changes going to be implemented on monday? or is it just staying on the PTR?

could quite grasp the wording of it

Sounds like only available for now under the PTR during custom games where you specifically set it to the test map version of cursed hollow.

Then, on Oct 6, you can do the same thing live - under custom games on that test map only.

kirblar

I definitely like the changes I'm reading.
They're pretty massive. Starting stats are way higher, with much smaller gaps between levels.

edit: Reddit post broke down the net effect- it's a huge cutback on exponential stat scaling that should cut down on the "got a 2 level lead, we can just sit on it all game cause they can't kill us" thing.

I fear this will drag out games even though reducing the snowball effect was needed. I hope someone keeps track of the length of matches on the PTR with these changes in effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom