• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Reddit has numbers for the PTR Test Map: https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/3n5kcj/test_map_fine_tuning_heroes_of_the_storm/

Sonya:

Code:
Test Map vs. Live Version
lv 1: 2435 hp / 92 atk vs. 950 hp / 40 atk
lv 4: 2735 hp / 103 atk vs. 1610 hp / 64 atk
lv 7: 3081 hp / 116 atk vs. 2270 hp / 88 atk
lv 10: 3467 hp / 130 atk vs. 2930 hp / 112 atk
lv 16: 4387 hp / 165 atk vs. 4250 hp / 160 atk

Muradin:

Code:
PTR level 1 = 2658 hp & 101 attack damage vs live's 1040 hp and 42 attack
PTR level 5 = 3110/118 vs live's 2000/78
PTR level 7 = 3365/128 vs live's 2480/96
PTR level 10 = 3785/144 vs live's 3200/123

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The Heroes of the Storm designers are very angry about Hearthstone and have not buffed Rexxar's life on the test map, causing him to get one shotted by Jaina at level one.

This is purportedly a """bug""", but I think it's clear what's going on.

Maledict

Just back off holiday, and switched onto the euro championship on Twitch. Christ it's worse than I expected based off the chat here.

It looks like a group of random people playing in a church hall. The camera just focusses on random peoples faces (with nothing telling who ANY of these people are).

It could not be more amateurish. For a company the size of Blizzard, the sheer shittyness of this competition is embarrassing and they should be ashamed. Companies 1/10th their size do better.

Please Blizzard, start paying attention to Europe and realise how bad this looks when you hand everything over to ESL to run.

Syf

Banned
I agree, and they've already talked about implementing a more official WCS-like production next year (the Sigaty interview). Combined with the post on reddit today about Blizz taking esports more seriously next year, I think we can look forward to some real improvement in 2016. This year's scene feels very thrown together.

Syf

Banned
2 AM my time.. Friday.. yeahh I'm staying up for that tonight lol. And GSL code S final the night after, woo

okay they are doing group stage weirdly

Whether TL or Bob make it to the semi finals will be decided by TL playing against bob again.
Bob never even played against PiP and Liquid never played Navi, that sounds kinda unfair.

That's not how group stage is supposed to work, is it? Everyone plays against everyone, if there's a tie in points tiebreakers come into play. TL should be playing Navi and Bob should be playing PiP.

I'm still using bob since dignitas sounds awful.

One of my favorite things to do lately while playing Nova is to hunt the other team's Abathur. I love snaking around their towers, finding Abathur and quickly killing him while escaping back. It's immensely satisfying.

I'm at a Coyotes game or I'd take ya up.

Also lol @ "I'm really good I swear."

No for real I am though... I swear! Streaming right now at gaming.youtube.com/soupasokagaming if anyone wants to come witness my awesomeness. Trying to get a game going as Abathur in the PTR but the wait time is nasty.

In Dota you can click on a friendly hero and see what items they've bought, what abilities are on CD, etc. I wish you could do that in HotS. Mainly because we just had an Azmodan try to farm orb damage at the expense of teamfights over objectives and I just wanted to see, out of morbid curiosity, what his damage total was by the end of the match.

Syf

Banned
In Dota you can click on a friendly hero and see what items they've bought, what abilities are on CD, etc. I wish you could do that in HotS. Mainly because we just had an Azmodan try to farm orb damage at the expense of teamfights over objectives and I just wanted to see, out of morbid curiosity, what his damage total was by the end of the match.
You can see the talents your teammates choose in game, just go to score screen and then hit show talents at the bottom. And there's the stats page at the end of the match for the damage you wanted to see.

Indignate

I like losing matches if it means I can beat the two assholes that were on my team in the next match.
laugh.gif

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
also stage preview of the EU final

Amazing looking. I sort of wish regular TV would pick up stuff like this finally, so there would be at least a reason to turn that thing on again.

Maledict

Grubby is at least doing well in the interviews at the event, it's nice to see someone not asking the dumbest questions of pros.

Stupid question though - why don't all the teams play each other in the group stage? I thought that was the entire point of a group stage? No offense to Pirates in Pyjamas, but I'm sure Team liquid were happy they had to fight them rather than Navi in the euro championship. Doesn't seem to make sense to not have all the matches played?

Grubby is at least doing well in the interviews at the event, it's nice to see someone not asking the dumbest questions of pros.

Stupid question though - why don't all the teams play each other in the group stage? I thought that was the entire point of a group stage? No offense to Pirates in Pyjamas, but I'm sure Team liquid were happy they had to fight them rather than Navi in the euro championship. Doesn't seem to make sense to not have all the matches played?

I don't get it either, even commented on the previous page.

I guess they set it up like this for increased tension. Advancing due to tiebreakers isn't the most exciting narrative begs the question though why they even bothered with a round robin setup.

Maledict

I don't get it either, even commented on the previous page.

I guess they set it up like this for increased tension. Advancing due to tiebreakers isn't the most exciting narrative begs the question though why they even bothered with a round robin setup.

I'll just chalk it up to another fuck up on Blizzards behalf then - was this the same system that was used int he states?

I just feel sorry for Bob - they had a far harder ride than Liquid, and the fact they beat Liquid yet have to play them again because Liquid were lucky enough to have to play PiP just really seems dumb.

Won

Normal groups create all kind of awkward situations after they hit the point at which teams/players already know that they are out for good or already advanced and still have to play games. Lots of shitty games with a lot of ??? over them. Not good for a tournament.

Celegus

Silly Murky, maybe don't Octograb my Butcher who was already charging Furnace Blast.

And looks like EU still has the Nazeebo love. Lots of Tyrael too!

I'll just chalk it up to another fuck up on Blizzards behalf then - was this the same system that was used int he states?

I just feel sorry for Bob - they had a far harder ride than Liquid, and the fact they beat Liquid yet have to play them again because Liquid were lucky enough to have to play PiP just really seems dumb.

Totally the way it was organised was unfair for Bob and VP, glad Bob qualified though, Liquid not looking too good recently.

So neither MVP nor Liquid is going to Blizzcon, would anyone have predicted this half a year ago? Liquid has even been dethroned thoroughly

Maledict

Liquid do best on big maps where their esoteric hero choice wins them games (TLV in particular). Bob seem to do really well on smaller ganking maps, and that showed in the results. I think liquid also has an issue with relying on a very small number of heroes - blackscorp in particular. If you ban Illidan and then stack stuns, forcing blackscorp onto zeratul is a great win for you.

Plus Bob beat Roccat in the semis to guarantee a blizzcon place - can't wait for the next time one of them is on THH. Have to say ADRD has been playing a *ridiculously* good Kael - best I've seen I think.

Alur

I go away for one night and one morning and MVP Black and Team Liquid are both not going to Blizzcon? Da fuq kids.

TL I can see as that writing has perhaps been on the wall...but MVP Black beat by Team DK? The considered to be third best in that region as recently as like a week ago?

Are C9 and Tempo Storm thrilled, ecstatic, or just plain indifferent?

Damm, of all things Bliizard give Tychus grenade to the medic instead of "cleanse" ability to purge or deflect any slow down skill on her teammates

Milly79

I go away for one night and one morning and MVP Black and Team Liquid are both not going to Blizzcon? Da fuq kids.

TL I can see as that writing has perhaps been on the wall...but MVP Black beat by Team DK? The considered to be third best in that region as recently as like a week ago?

Are C9 and Tempo Storm thrilled, ecstatic, or just plain indifferent?

If the #3 beat the #1 world, I'm having a hard time believing they won't give TS/C9/whoever a run for their money...

Duress

Tyrael, Illidan, and Zeratul. What support goes well with them? I was that thinking Uther, but it doesnt fit the chase down bill

Alur

If the #3 beat the #1 world, I'm having a hard time believing they won't give TS/C9/whoever a run for their money...

That's what WE think. TS and C9 thought C9 could take MVP Black anyway due to style. I feel like they think they got lucky as shit.

Ketch

That's what WE think. TS and C9 thought C9 could take MVP Black anyway due to style. I feel like they think they got lucky as shit.

If they spent their time preparing specifically for black then they should be freaking out.

Also, you need some cc in that all melee dive comp. monk + Tyrande would be my suggestion.

Alur

Most of them have been taking time off, . Plus the patch coming is going to change some things for sure, so I doubt they are too invested.

Korean meta is kind of Korean meta regardless, though. Hyper aggressive compared to the majority of pro HOTS teams so at the least that translates.

Alur

The THH this past week or before that Zoia said they all went back home for a week and Zuna was only just about to come back. Considering they have the house and no jobs, probably not a hard leap to assume they scrim more than C9.

Add in the fact they know a new patch and hero is coming and it makes sense that there isn't much they can work on til they know all their competition and get on said patch on live.

scoobs

One of my favorite things to do lately while playing Nova is to hunt the other team's Abathur. I love snaking around their towers, finding Abathur and quickly killing him while escaping back. It's immensely satisfying.

Do the same thing w/ zeratul, its so gratifying. Makes me laugh literally every single time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom