• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the same thing w/ zeratul, its so gratifying. Makes me laugh literally every single time.

Seriously love it. Dead before they even realize what's going on. Eventually you can harass them to the point where they won't venture out for the rest of the game.

Seriously love it. Dead before they even realize what's going on. Eventually you can harass them to the point where they won't venture out for the rest of the game.

conversely it's hilarious to reveal a Zeratul or Noca to your keep and tower and watch them panic and die

Pretty sure more people would watch the finale if they didn't start it an hour early.

Maledict

Finals between Dignitas and Navi today - I don't hold out much hope right now for Dignitas unfortunately. They seem to suffer whenever they put Snitch on Zeratul, and Navi are playing Brightwing constantly and making her look like she wasn't nerfed...

Finals between Dignitas and Navi today - I don't hold out much hope right now for Dignitas unfortunately. They seem to suffer whenever they put Snitch on Zeratul, and Navi are playing Brightwing constantly and making her look like she wasn't nerfed...

Snitch was extremely good on Zeratul yesterday.

Dignitas looked like ass today though

Also never has it been more obvious that Team Liquid was carried by imba Vikings and imba Illidan. When you put Vortix or Blackscorp on ranged they're half the players they are on their comfort picks. TeamLiquid was also the oldest consistent EU hots team and that surely gave them an advantage for awhile but when everyone else solidified their rosters, they caught up quickly.

c9 is in a great spot because iDream and Fan can both play Melee and ranged equally well. Zuna and Blackscorp can't.

Alur

c9 is in a great spot because iDream and Fan can both play Melee and ranged equally well. Zuna and Blackscorp can't.

Agree with this. Also agree re: TL and OP/dominant heroes, though I had never thought of it that way.

Kind of like how myself or proto or whoever have inflated winrates due to old BW or current Leoric, or whatever, I guess.

Makes sense that when those heroes were amazing the fact they could play them very well just increased the dominance, and when they were chopped down playing those previous heroes very well wasn't as valuable as playing certain other heroes the meta had shifted to.

Maledict

Snitch was extremely good on Zeratul yesterday.

Dignitas looked like ass today though

Also never has it been more obvious that Team Liquid was carried by imba Vikings and imba Illidan. When you put Vortix or Blackscorp on ranged they're half the players they are on their comfort picks. TeamLiquid was also the oldest consistent EU hots team and that surely gave them an advantage for awhile but when everyone else solidified their rosters, they caught up quickly.

We have a simple rule in our little group - we don't take Zeratul unless we have 2 ranged dps as well. Without damage to help bring people low he's far less useful than he should be. Now obviously pro teams can do much better than us with him, but it feels like teams are picking him without sufficient damage to go alongside him and he doesn't get anything done.

And yeah, they did look like ass today. Not sure why they kept drafting very passive comps, they did amazing yesterday running with Kerrigan and a heavy kill team.

kirblar

We have a simple rule in our little group - we don't take Zeratul unless we have 2 ranged dps as well. Without damage to help bring people low he's far less useful than he should be. Now obviously pro teams can do much better than us with him, but it feels like teams are picking him without sufficient damage to go alongside him and he doesn't get anything done.

And yeah, they did look like ass today. Not sure why they kept drafting very passive comps, they did amazing yesterday running with Kerrigan and a heavy kill team.
I think this rule is pretty close to correct.

Everyone outside of Korea realized Zeratul was imba back in late May/early June -- if you go back and watch the ESL S2 playoffs you'll see C9 Vortex first pick Zera/Aba and stomp Maelstrom -- and this was a time when there was only one ban and Jaina/Kael'Thas were prioritized as first picks every game. Focused Attack Zera could walk around with Abathur and two shot those heroes.

The funny thing about that tournament was it was the week before the first NA Open (June) and Vortex totally changed the entire meta right before the Blizzcon qualification tournament. The other funny thing was Zeratul wasn't prioritized much before that, despite the fact that he was an even better hero than he was when teams actually started doing this because he had been NERFED right before that (double bombs 100% -> 50%).

Nowadays competitive HOTS has two bans and you see a second warrior picked over a second or third ranged assassin almost 100% of the time. This made the Zeratul/Abathur stuff a lot worse and Zeratul as a whole isn't quite as strong but he's still first pick because everyone realized good VPs win games.

zoukka

I get rank 1 and the matchmaking immediately throws a series of games full of idiot fucks to drop me to rank 2, rince and repeat. Three games in a row where someone either afks, feeds or just tilts and ignores the team.

I should just uninstall and save my nerves.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I just found a new wallpaper for my phone. Ignore the imgur low rez shit, it looks downright amazing on my 6+.

VS4ATRs.png

Only just now watching the finals and Bob plays pretty weird. Going for a 4v4 while Navi had Ults already, they traded 1 fort for one kill and only because of a misclick.

Great perfomance by Navi though not losing a single game, damn uther used Judgement skin, sale for it separately from the bundle?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Milly79

Double post, don't care.

Free rotation:
* Li Li
* ETC
* Kaelthas
* Azmodan
* Uther
* Nova (from level 12)
* Anub'arak (from level 15)

Nova and no Tass? Oh boy.

Yoshichan

Zafir

Gawd nova week. Good job I've barely been playing recently.
Only just now watching the finals and Bob plays pretty weird. Going for a 4v4 while Navi had Ults already, they traded 1 fort for one kill and only because of a misclick.

Great perfomance by Navi though not losing a single game, damn uther used Judgement skin, sale for it separately from the bundle?
Would be a bit shit for everyone that bought it, and any US peeps.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
hey guys, noob here

i've been trying to get into a moba, but nothing really grabbed me. apparently hots is more accessible which is what i'm looking for. will get some solo game time in to get up to speed, but once i feel comfortable i'd love to play with some of yall

Yoshichan

hey guys, noob here

i've been trying to get into a moba, but nothing really grabbed me. apparently hots is more accessible which is what i'm looking for. will get some solo game time in to get up to speed, but once i feel comfortable i'd love to play with some of yall

Buy murky as soon as you can afford him

That's the best tips anyone in this thread will ever give you

Also, welcome!

jon bones

Buy murky as soon as you can afford him

That's the best tips anyone in this thread will ever give you

Also, welcome!

thanks!

after reading a bit i was interested in Malfurion (love healing support) & Johanna (a lot of this pick is aesthetics, tbh).

luckily both are free tonight, so i hope to squeeze some game time in.

the only MOBA i put any real time into was Vainglory and played Catherine there.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
hey guys, noob here

My actual advice would be to start with cheaper, more easy to play characters like Valla (Diablo 3 Demon Hunter), who you will have enough gold to buy after the tutorial.

But yes, at Level 5 (per hero) you get 500 gold, and will also have a sense for if you want them. You can also try using an optimized build once you hit Level 4 so you can really get a sense of how they play.

Syf

Banned
And make use of try mode! Lets you test out the heroes pretty well before buying them, being expanded in the next update.

jon bones

My actual advice would be to start with cheaper, more easy to play characters like Valla (Diablo 3 Demon Hunter), who you will have enough gold to buy after the tutorial.

But yes, at Level 5 (per hero) you get 500 gold, and will also have a sense for if you want them. You can also try using an optimized build once you hit Level 4 so you can really get a sense of how they play.

i spent like 50 hours with a female DH in D3 - will def give her a try!

how many hours of game time does it usually take to get someone to 4/5?

And make use of try mode! Lets you test out the heroes pretty well before buying them, being expanded in the next update.

duly noted

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
i spent like 50 hours with a female DH in D3 - will def give her a try!

how many hours of game time does it usually take to get someone to 4/5?

It depends on if you're winning and if you're grouped. Maybe 4-8 games?

Getting Level 4 is pretty fast, but it slows down a bit on the way to five.

Yoshichan

Wait, Jon Bones - EU or NA?!

jon bones

Yoshichan

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So I spent some of my hard earned gold and bought Rexxar this weekend, the first hero I've bought in like three months, because in TRY mode he seemed really intriguing to me. After playing him up to level 5 I've seriously grown to like Rexxar, a lot. He may be my favorite hero second only to Hammer and Abathur. Great at clearing waves or golems, able to solo any camp at almost any moment, and not too shabby against most heroes either. I love the mechanic of managing Misha, I'm not sure why but I just find it very fun to play.

So I've got 55K gold left now, and I really don't know why I'm saving it up at all. I think I'm going to go on a hero spending spree and blow it all this week after the patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom