• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just got one put onto a Nova/BW/Murky 3-man squad. She's just so comp/comms dependant, imo. I don't want to play her without at least one of the two.

It's probably worse in NA because players there already know just to jump her since she's so damn squishy. In EU I still can just stand healing my guys and not be bothered with for the most part.

Really like being paired with a second support.

Alur

If you play Morales in QM solo, you are a dummy.

Same thing that was said by many with monk. I did fine with her, but YMMV.

There's no doubt that you'll run into comp related issues every few games with medic and surviving just like you do with monk and surviving/being able to keep healing with your punches.

"This is a perfect team comp."

The jinx that makes you lose.

Happens to us every time. "This is a good comp". Flash forward a few minutes...our team is level 6, theirs is level 10. Welp.

kirblar

Jake: "So, have you gotten to play the Medic yet"
Bakery: "I have, and I regret it."

Her Q range needs to be upgraded, having to follow melee into battle is a big issue.

Alur

To contrast that, Dread's guide says:

Dreadnaught said:
Hello, I am Dreadnaught. I am the support/shot caller for Tempo Storm. I have been playing a lot of Lt. Morales on the PTR so that I would be able to bring a guide for all of you just getting your hands on Morales. Morales is one of the most fun healers in the game in my opinion, largely because of medivac, I think she is one of the best healers in the game and can single-handedly change the tides of a game when played correctly.

Though he does add:

Dreadnaught said:
This being said, I am yet to be able to play Lt. Morales in a scrimmage or competitive setting and once this is done I will be able to make small tweaks to this guide, if needed, in order to give you the best guide possible.

Of all of the archetypes, the competitive support players seem to be the most fickle and picky about what they like to play or feel will work. We heard the same kind of thing as what Bakery is implying out of NA with monk, and EU and Korea excelled with him anyway. No reason yet to think it won't be the same (but maybe in reverse) for medic.

I do agree on Q range, though, just because it'd make things easier on me personally.

kirblar

I think you need an inner range and an outer range. The inner range: who she can target. The outer range: how far the target can go before the heal cuts off. And it can't be talented- it would simply be a mandatory pick. She's clearly designed to keep someone like Illidan up, but currently she's really unable to do that because of the range limitations, so she has to buff Raynor/Hammer.

Had an inexplicable comeback on the immortals map in the sense that I couldn't recognize what we changed to start winning. We were getting stomped for like 20 minutes, behind by like 2 levels the whole game, no buildings left, no inner keeps ever taken on their side, only got the first immortal and lost every other one. The kill count was like 17-37 before we hit 20, but for some reason once we hit 20+ things completely turned around and we won two big fights in a row, got an immortal, pushed with it, team wiped them and won.

I didn't feel like we had upped our play or changed tactics but for some reason the fights were coming out totally differently. I guess our heroes scaled better and that just gave us more sustain? I dunno, I'm trying to figure out what our adjustment was and whether we could have done it earlier. Maybe just individual plays I missed in the moment, prolly check the replay at some point.

Ketch

maybe bakery is commenting on the play style and not the power of the hero.

maybe he just thinks she's boring to play

Alur

I think you need an inner range and an outer range. The inner range: who she can target. The outer range: how far the target can go before the heal cuts off. And it can't be talented- it would simply be a mandatory pick. She's clearly designed to keep someone like Illidan up, but currently she's really unable to do that because of the range limitations, so she has to buff Raynor/Hammer.

Yep. The Q is pretty damn buggy with swapping too on live unless you cancel it first, as well as it seems to sometimes range farther or shorter though that could be visual lag.

I honestly think at the least they can upgrade Couples Therapy to provide more healing for her.

it's happening guys

today is the first time my class (1st grade) is going to look at the projector screen..!

You are in the first grade? Gat damn your command of the English language is impressive for a 6 year old. My own son is clearly inferior and he's only a year younger Kappa

What is it you do with 1st graders Yoshichan? And why are you subjecting them to anything other than Carbot's HOTS animations? :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Haha ohyou

They love me, wait till I show you what they drew for me!

Edit: carbot is genius, though... Thanks :3

kirblar

well i haven't listened to it yet, but what did he say was so bad about her?
Mana issues in the early game that make her pay 150g for the equivalent healing of an Uther Q.
Can't safely heal frontliners because she has to be so close to them.
2s cast time on both heroics.
No escapes.
Valla-level HP....with no escapes.
Essentially, she's super easy to blow up if you have anything that helps close the distance like a vault/illidan dive, etc.
Lack of self-heal or any real CC makes her unable to counter play if someone's on her. Uther's self-DS brought up.

Morales is squishy as fuck, if you can out-range her, dive her, or eliminate the safety of her positioning, she's so easy to blow up. That said if you can't do any of that, she can easily keep the whole team going.

Uther and Morales is an evil healer comp to have to deal with. They can erase so much damage so quickly.

Lack of self-heal or any real CC makes her unable to counter play if someone's on her.

Morales' grenade can be clutch but it depends on who is chasing her.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So I got an email from Blizzard (I think?) saying that I can get a free mechanospider mount for HotS if I simply like the HotS facebook page and make a team or something? Anyone else get this?

Indignate

Yes, it is quite old.

Do it.

If I remember correctly, it gives you the code before it asks to send anything out so you don't have to worry about spamming your friends.

Yes, it is quite old.

Do it.

If I remember correctly, it gives you the code before it asks to send anything out so you don't have to worry about spamming your friends.

You can also change any such posts like that to "Only Appear to Me" when they are posted. So, even if it does make you spam it, you can spam it just to your own wall where no one but you can see it.

Anyway, yeah, I got the Mechanospider ages ago. One of my favorite mounts.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
So I got an email from Blizzard (I think?) saying that I can get a free mechanospider mount for HotS if I simply like the HotS facebook page and make a team or something? Anyone else get this?

yeah after i booted up hearthstone for the first time in ages it notified me i had a free flying card mount ready.

after doing some googling, i found the mechaspider mount promo and did it. takes 10 seconds, it's basically trading Facebook permission for a free mount.

you don't even need to share it after you're done, so it never goes on your wall.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I... I just read my old posts in the beta thread... here's my reaction, post by post...

"Diablo is too fucking strong"
- What the fuck am I even saying...?

"Illidan is fucking terrible"
- Yoshi... plz... stahp

"Thrall is broken"
- STAHP... PLEASE!

"I know what I'm talking about"
*dead*

I... I just read my old posts in the beta thread... here's my reaction, post by post...

- Yoshi... plz... stahp

"Thrall is broken"
- STAHP... PLEASE!

*dead*

Thrall was OP for about 2 weeks. Then he got nerfed into oblivion.

Altairre

yeah after i booted up hearthstone for the first time in ages it notified me i had a free flying card mount ready.

after doing some googling, i found the mechaspider mount promo and did it. takes 10 seconds, it's basically trading Facebook permission for a free mount.

you don't even need to share it after you're done, so it never goes on your wall.

I have a thowaway facebook account for stuff like this but it seems like you need friends on your profile to get it. Meh, that's too bad.

kirblar

- Yoshi... plz... stahp

"Thrall is broken"
- STAHP... PLEASE!

*dead*
These things were all true at one point.

1up

I just got my first 10k gold (Started playing last friday) Who do I buy?

I really enjoy warrior characters and already picked up the starter pack from Bestbuy.

I'm thinking Leoric or Stitches.

Unless you really want to buy one just wait until they hit the free rotation to try them.

Leoric is a lot of fun but his waveclear just got nerfed Stitches was trash level but got buffed recently.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
how many of you guys play with smart casting turned on? seems like it'd make the game feel a bit more visceral, as the buttons directly fire off an ability.

I just got my first 10k gold (Started playing last friday) Who do I buy?

I really enjoy warrior characters and already picked up the starter pack from Bestbuy.

I'm thinking Leoric or Stitches.

i have no idea, i'm still considering my first purchases BUT we should crew up. i'm looking for fellow new players to learn and play with. PM me your blizz info if you want to play.

how are you enjoying the Starter Pack? who's in it / what's the price?

protonium

^^ link is deader than an assassin being healed by Protorehgar.

EDIT:
also deader than this joke

Thought you could sneak in this feral lunge at the bottom of a page eh. Rehgar's so yesteryear.

League just has a small swap button beside each teammate's selected hero. If you both own the hero, it's lit up. That seems simple enough, no? Anything more complex might cross into a Captain draft mode.

Me + Morales = Hero First Week rollercoaster

One game I get my ass killed in every team fight, the next game someone sends me a tell to thank me for not sucking

The worst part is when you're not sure what you did differently in either game yet

How do I win in Hero League when someone on my team locks in Nova or Zeratul? They always seem to do barely any damage and just walk into deaths, I don't know how to make them stop.

Should I play Stitches and take Helping Hand so I can pull them out?

Alavard

how many of you guys play with smart casting turned on? seems like it'd make the game feel a bit more visceral, as the buttons directly fire off an ability.

I've been playing since late Alpha, and have never found the need for it. If I die during combat, I generally don't feel like extra split-second speed in casting my abilities would have saved me. But then again, it can probably make a huge difference trying to land certain skill-shots.

brian!

How do I win in Hero League when someone on my team locks in Nova or Zeratul? They always seem to do barely any damage and just walk into deaths, I don't know how to make them stop.

Do what you can to maximize soak and put the team ahead, do what you can to create pressure to control the map and enemy movement, etc.

You cant make ppl on your team do what you want them to do, but you can do your best to make their bad decisions into beneficial ones

Before you attempt any of that stuff you should make sure to limit your own mistakes (doing the right thing with the assumption that your team will come through is a mistake) and make sure you dont exacerbate the situation.

I can usually sheperd teammates prtty efficiently but a lot of the time im too lazy. If you do communicate w/ ur team try not to be passive aggressive, those ppl are the worst, and have a backup plan if ur shit isnt followed

I do but that's mostly because I use it in League, where certain combo reliant champs more or less require it. In HotS, the only one I can think of that I'd say it's a must for, out of who I've played, would be KT, so you can get his combo off right away. It's mostly personal preference, if you feel better with regular cast, just use that.

The retail pack has Jaina, LiLi, Zagara, Sonya, and Zeratul, a skin for Zera, a mount, a Hearthstone pack, and a neat little Blizzard note pad. I think it's a good deal for $20, plus for $5 you can get the starter pack in the in game store that has Muradin, Malfurion, and Raynor, plus a mount, and a stim pack, you can get a lot of value to start with.

Alur

I'm curious if EPL sticks around longer than SEL.

Watching Blackscorp on Abathur though, don't get to see that often.

Hopefully, though I legit haven't seen a single stream of it yet. SEL did so much for HOTS Twitch viewership (both in numbers and in being awesome content) but the egos and schedules too stronk I guess. I really never had hope for it lasting very long.

Hopefully, though I legit haven't seen a single stream of it yet. SEL did so much for HOTS Twitch viewership (both in numbers and in being awesome content) but the egos and schedules too stronk I guess. I really never had hope for it lasting very long.

Khaldor has been casting them and currently is. BKB streamed his yesterday once Khaldor had to stop.

Wow that's awesome. That was one thing SEL never really had. 4CJ cast some replays and broke them down but that was about it really.

He's also uploading some of them to his youtube channel.

One thing that's different is that it's really just a pro league from what I gathered, they are playing like this because there's currently some downtime and there are no scrims. So don't expect it to keep around, seems to be just for fun.

Episode 1
Episode 2

Currently 5-2 with morales in Solo Queue and 1 game wasn't unwillable but that comp was seriously garbage, Rehgar, Medic, Nova, Zeratul and Rexxar. I healed and Stim'ed Misha for the most part, we somehow made a comeback but threw at their core in the end.

1up

i have no idea, i'm still considering my first purchases BUT we should crew up. i'm looking for fellow new players to learn and play with. PM me your blizz info if you want to play.

Starter pack was 16.99 with the bestbuy gamers club discount. It comes with Zagara, Sonya, Li Li, Jaina, and Zeratul. Sonya and Li Li are a lot of fun, havent tried the others out yet. I'll PM you my battletag. I usually play from 7pm est to 10pm.

TxdoHawk

IShe's clearly designed to keep someone like Illidan up, but currently she's really unable to do that because of the range limitations, so she has to buff Raynor/Hammer.

Not to say that there aren't things that can be changed, but if Morales could safely leash front-line heroes in the thick of it without putting herself at risk, that'd be a huge boost in power. Right now she has to put herself in danger or they have to fall back if they want healing, which is pretty reasonable.

I think as people get more used to her being around, you will see changes that are going to help her big-time: Heroes will run to you, not the other way around, and people will be more willing to dive on someone attacking her when they know she can help them leave that fight without a scratch if they save her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom