• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indignate

Why do people like her so much? Is it just cuz she goes invisible and pubstomps so then people go buy her cuz they think she's good?

Or is it because she's a Kerrigan surrogate and everybody just secretly wants to be Kerrigan?

Alavard

Managed to get into a 5-man QM with some buddies last night and we actually ran into the same enemy 5-man twice in a row. Was quite weird. We also stomped them both games.

On a side note, ETC feels like a beast now. I don't even care about damage - I just love such heavy disruption to the battlefield.

Alur

EVERY match. 2 of them. It's driving me insane. They made her too accessible too with how many bundles she has appeared in.

I dunno that it's a recent thing. She is in some bundles but I don't think that's the primary reason.

She's littering QM this week due to the sale and so forth, but she's pretty much been omnipresent in QM since Alpha no matter how shit they make her.

Why do people like her so much? Is it just cuz she goes invisible and pubstomps so then people go buy her cuz they think she's good?

Or is it because she's a Kerrigan surrogate and everybody just secretly wants to be Kerrigan?

My theory has always been she (A) looks appealing to dudes and has good skins, (B) she's the most FPS like "boom headshot" hero, (C) the Kerrigan parallel, and then (D) new players get stomped by her, think she's OP, and try to replicate it because of that and the 3 reasons above.

Most everyone I've played with regularly at some point has had a Nova phase til they realize despite the fun kills that the fun gets fewer and farther between as you move up the ladder.

My Nova phase was my first week playing when she was on free rotation. Actually she was the first hero I played. I just thought stealth was fun but Nova sucks so I bought Zeratul and subsequently tanked my MMR, no regrets.

Now Zeratul is at 11 and Nova still just 5

Also Chu8 is the antithesis to that.

Milly79

Sorry Bones, no Li Li.

Next weeks sales

Anub
Cyber Anub
Vampire Valla

EU RtB skins:
Iron Butcher
Succubus Kerrigan
Storm Lord Falstad
Pajamathur
Judgement Uther -25%

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
what can ya do!

i copped the starter pack today, so at least i'll have a nice batch of heroes to play try out

particularly interested in playing Jaina - felt very satisfying doing her AoE attacks in TRY mode

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I think I'm officially switching over to everything low (except terrain for creep spread). Much, much cleaner look.

Altairre

Why wouldn't you just play Kerrigan though? Personally I have no interest in Nova, don't like her playstyle at all. I'd like to see new Kerrigan skins, don't much care for those that are available right now and her master skin is probably one of the worst ones.

Alur

I'm surprised your gaf avatar wasn't a selfie of Nova :O

/driveby

YviM21d.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So much for planning on playing lots this weekend.

Depression is apparently more fun to deal with according to my body.

Zafir

You know, I don't think I ever really had a Nova phase. I've played her quite a bit now and then, but I don't think I've played her consistently.

I suppose Kaelthas is the only hero where I'd say I play consistently and a lot. Just really enjoy his play style.

Alur

Depression is apparently more fun to deal with according to my body.

=/. Sounds like marky can cheer you up!

I suppose Kaelthas is the only hero where I'd say I play consistently and a lot. Just really enjoy his play style.

I go through phases. If a new hero releases I like, I'll play em a ton (such as monk). Lately I've played a lot of Leoric and ETC. Beyond that, my last two were Zagara and Brightwing.

A lot of heroes I like I never play because I got them to level 10 months ago in Yoshichan style exclusive leveling. Think BW is at 12 and another couple are at 11, but for the most part I rarely touch them except in HL after 10.

Celegus

I hated every second of getting Nova to level 5 and will happily never ever ever play as her again. She's so bad she doesn't even get to be on my personal ranking list, wouldn't mind in the least if they straight up deleted her from the game.

gryvan

man these free nova nublets are amazingly....bad lol

its like a free win sometimes (of course if the said nublet was on my team...i had to compensate with murky's awesomeness)

Indignate

Why wouldn't you just play Kerrigan though? Personally I have no interest in Nova, don't like her playstyle at all. I'd like to see new Kerrigan skins, don't much care for those that are available right now and her master skin is probably one of the worst ones.

Countess Kerrigan is dope.

She turns into a bat.

Alur

Honestly I find Nova in good hands can be very effective. It's just such a noob magnet hero though.

Agreed, she can. And she is.

I just feel like if you can do great on Nova (ie: you have great positioning), there's plenty other heroes you could do even better with who lack all the drawbacks she has. She's a real drain on a team unless she's an absolute killing machine.

Yoshichan

So did Tyrande becoming god tier like everyone assumed?

Yoshichan

finally a win streak... 7 so far. Been playing with some really good Sonyas and Stitches today

Alur

The games have been so wild in QM via matchmaking post patch.

Part of it is the usual - new hero always shows up in QM - so if someone queues as a different support you are just about guaranteed to have two.

Then with the resurgence of Stitches, ETC, Chen, and the fix on Rexxar it seems like there's 2 or 3 warriors in each game.

I can't count the number of two warrior + two support + 1 dps or 3 warrior + 2 support games I've ran into this week.

Having these long dead heroes back is awesome, but it'll be better once this shit stabilizes and everyone isn't trying to play the same heroes.

Yoshichan

Previous summaries: Rexxar - Diablo - Sonya - Abathur - Tyrande - Kharazim

Well fuck me, boys and girls... it finally happened, huh? I never thought I'd see the day (let's be honest though, if people hadn't tried convincing me to play Murky, I would've probably tried him out earlier than what I ended up doing ♥)

1. Block (or Bribe in certain maps/comps)
4. Living the Dream
7. Compressed Air
10. Octo-Grab
13. Wrath of Cod
16. Slimy Pufferfish
20. ... And a Shark too!

+ The best ultimate in the game, hands down (works great in 1v1 but in team fights, this ultimate single handedly changes the encounter)
+ Deciding when to push towers/objectives/lanes really stimulated my brain like no other character has done to me before
+ Absolutely ridiculous value when trading 1 for 1
+ By far the best solo queue experience in the game
+ Q, W, R, Q at lvl 20 (with 15 stacks) might be the most satisfying insta-kill combo in the entire game
+ It's actually quite the challenge/thrill to take a camp solo at early levels

- It's crazy, the amount of people that I've had to report and ignore solely for the fact that they don't know shit about Murkys playstyle

This is the first time in a long, long time that I've finally put a character in the highest tier. It feels good :3

Fun-tier list
God fun: Zagara, Kael'thas, Murky, Sylvanas, Jaina
High fun: Thrall, Kharazim, Zeratul, Valla, Kerrigan, Falstad, Tyrael, Leoric
Medium fun: Nazeebo, Butcher, Johanna, Tychus, Abathur, Anub'arak, Malfurion, Arthas, Illidan, Rexxar, Diablo
Low fun: Sonya, Li Li, Raynor, Nova, Tyrande
Trash: Muradin

Also, this puts me in the "two golden pages"-train (inb4commentaboutbeingtooslow. Depression and studies has taken a toll on my free time since August, so yeah I know I'm behind ♥)

No but ya boy Traitorr we keep playing against is #21 on HOTS MMR leaderboards from Blizzard.

McIntyre up to #3 and at #152 on his smurf account he plays with us scrub viewers lol. chu8 sitting on #18 and #19.

Surprisingly the ZPs flaming on reddit hasn't started yet. Just one post so far.

What I get from this is that EU pros apparently play way more Hero League than NA, the EU list is dominated by pros.

http://eu.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/19915237/preseason-leaderboards-september-2015-09-10-2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom