• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milly79

9IMoYnA.jpg

Brightwang is alive and well, boizzzz.

Ketch

I think medics power level is good where it's at. She's not a default first pick like uther, but she's got serious potential in the right situation. Which is kind of where youd want every hero to be right.

From a solo que perspective tho She just seems super boring and low impact.

I think she'll see play. And I think medivac is gonna Be abused big time.

brian!

Yeah i prtty much agree w/ ketch, her design is good in the sense that she has clear weaknesses and strengths (might need tweaking but ofc hard to say since shes new), she should theoretically fit in this run one team into another only go forward meta very well, esp since peel can be used on supports now with the type of dmg sources and comps comin thru

Lack of burst coming in helps her a lot

I'm just worried that low level play and solo queue could seriously skew Blizzard's idea of how balanced Morales is. Right now she's good just sorta dependent on team comp but if her overall winrate doesn't stabalise around 50% she's going to get buffed.

Indignate

I think I work too hard in my games. I'm over here not only calling out my cooldowns and the enemy cooldowns, but I'm also calling out my teammates cooldowns.

Fine Bliz, you don't want to give me voip. I'll deal. But please incorporate more pinging utility. Granted, this isn't at all on Blizzard that people (at least at my level) don't communicate, but a faster way to do so might incentivize some.

Imagine if you could open the talent screen and ping out peoples talents to make your team aware of what somebody took or ping any ult on cooldown to put it on blast for your team. That QOL is what I need.

Or just give me voip, whichever.

I know this is a touchy subject for some of yall so just ignore this; I'm just venting.

I kinda laugh when Ramirez deploys the transport ship and your allies run the hell out of there thinking is some kind of enemy minion or something

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
how will this game run on my new mac book air? its 13" model 4gb ram. really interested in giving it a try.

should be good to go

i'm running it on a 2013 13'' rMBP, 720p and high textures and i get a smooth framerate. it's really polished and well-optimized.

feel free to PM me your battletag if you want to dive in. i'm new to the game but enjoying it a lot.

Starter pack was 16.99 with the bestbuy gamers club discount. It comes with Zagara, Sonya, Li Li, Jaina, and Zeratul. Sonya and Li Li are a lot of fun, havent tried the others out yet. I'll PM you my battletag. I usually play from 7pm est to 10pm.

played all those characters out in Try mode - seems like a good deal. i'll pick that up tmrw

added you on b.net, btw

dantehemi

should be good to go

i'm running it on a 2013 13'' rMBP, 720p and high textures and i get a smooth framerate. it's really polished and well-optimized.

feel free to PM me your battletag if you want to dive in. i'm new to the game but enjoying it a lot.

played all those characters out in Try mode - seems like a good deal. i'll pick that up tmrw

added you on b.net, btw

cool, gonna get it now. will send you my tag when its all done.

I was saving up 15k for Medic (I'm actually pretty close) but I might just wait until the two weeks are up.

Should I bite now or wait for a buff?

Alur

I was saving up 15k for Medic (I'm actually pretty close) but I might just wait until the two weeks are up.

Should I bite now or wait for a buff?

That's up to how much you like to support. She's definitely got a different play style but I find her very fun to play and have had good success with her. She's definitely high risk compared to the other supports. And as the thread has detailed, you'd be much better off playing her in a party than solo due to how comp can really hurt her right now.

I wouldn't hold off waiting on a buff. As some have outlined above and on reddit, there's plenty reasons why she might not get one even though it may seem like she needs it. She could be buffed in the next patch or not at all in the next three.

I would hold off another week and a half and only play 10k for her, though, or because you can get better value for your gold elsewhere.

If you paid 15k you could buy Uther + Brightwing or Uther + Rehgar instead, or Kharazim + Lili + Malf and have gold leftover, etc etc and several other combinations. Way more bang for your proverbial "buck" if you like support.

Wait wait waaaaiiiit.

That's up to how much you like to support. She's definitely got a different play style but I find her very fun to play and have had good success with her. She's definitely high risk compared to the other supports. And as the thread has detailed, you'd be much better off playing her in a party than solo due to how comp can really hurt her right now.

I wouldn't hold off waiting on a buff. As some have outlined above and on reddit, there's plenty reasons why she might not get one even though it may seem like she needs it. She could be buffed in the next patch or not at all in the next three.

I would hold off another week and a half and only play 10k for her, though, or because you can get better value for your gold elsewhere.

If you paid 15k you could buy Uther + Brightwing or Uther + Rehgar instead, or Kharazim + Lili + Malf and have gold leftover, etc etc and several other combinations. Way more bang for your proverbial "buck" if you like support.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

I'll think things through before buying her for 15k. I love supporting, and to be honest it's probably better to expand my pool than just go for Lt Morales

Alur

I'll think things through before buying her for 15k. I love supporting, and to be honest it's probably better to expand my pool than just go for Lt Morales

If you're looking for fun + support and haven't tried Kharazim, he's definitely that. Brightwing is right up there too, though she takes a little more skill to make work with randoms after the healing nerf a few patches back.

Haven't played Johanna in a while and nearly forgot how much fun she is.
Blessed Shield being awesome as always. Condemn with KtP seemed much weaker but it's not like there's much else of value to take at lvl 1 for her anyway.

Also got to try out the Garden Terror and it's a great change imo, there are some maps where once the structures are all gone the objective loses some of its value.

Some days ago we had a lose on Sky Temple but i dont know why frankly, we just had to secure one temple to win.

We were two on the temple, the temple was firing for us and then one ennemy sonya leap on us stunning us, the temple continued firing for us two shots and then stops all of a sudden, despite the two of us never leaving the center of the shrine.

So if someone can enlighten me because I believe i do not understand how cap and decap work on the shrine.

Celegus

Never do 15ks! Two weeks isn't that hard to wait for a 33% drop in price.

Some days ago we had a lose on Sky Temple but i dont know why frankly, we just had to secure one temple to win.

We were two on the temple, the temple was firing for us and then one ennemy sonya leap on us stunning us, the temple continued firing for us two shots and then stops all of a sudden, despite the two of us never leaving the center of the shrine.

So if someone can enlighten me because I believe i do not understand how cap and decap work on the shrine.

Was an enemy stealth hero possibly standing on the shrine?

Was an enemy stealth hero possibly standing on the shrine?

When i watched the replay it seemed not, i canno rewatch now game tells me my Hots version cannot play it. But in light of what you are asking me, does it mean that : if the shrine is capped and we are two on it, then two ennemies come in, the shrine will be neutralized ?

When i watched the replay it seemed not, i canno rewatch now game tells me my Hots version cannot play it. But in light of what you are asking me, does it mean that : if the shrine is capped and we are two on it, then two ennemies come in, the shrine will be neutralized ?

That's correct as far as I can remember.

brian!

There only needs to be one enemy

I liked that balancer reddit thread, dunno if she actually worked for riot, but i like the emphasis on playability and feel over other things

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What's going on with QM today?

*notices that it's friday*

Oh, the 95% shit players are back for some casual gaming! Fun time ahead! Actually - no, not fun. Shittiest day in the week in fact.

brian > Oh well good to know. I don't know how i did not understand this earlier...

For the two posts above me, yes QM sucks today for me too, shitty Nova everywhere... i think i'm doomed and i will stay in this 2400-2600 QM MMR range forever (maybe it's my true lvl, but with all the morales dying with terrible positioning and novas missing all their Q spell, i need my friends back ).

danielcw

Who gives a shit about this guys opinion?

I think the guy is female.

No idea, if her insight ins useful or good for HotS, but I find it interesting to know, how one game company (in this case Riot, supposedly*) starts looking at balancing issues.
Please keep in mind this isn't how we balanced Champions either. It was Guinsoo or someone important would approach you & be like, "Hey. So I'm gonna give you 2 weeks with this champion, Annie. She's doing really bad. So get back to me in 10 days & let me know what you think, and I'd go over mass statistics for all skill levels, solo queue, team queues, tournament play, basically everything, and would decide what to change that would effect the bracket it needed a buff in while not making it too strong or weak in the other brackets. This was just a fast write up I did so you can see specifically why certain Heroes are way too strong or weak and what can be done to fix them(Yes other stuff might be wrong with them too, but these are the safest things to balance that need to be addressed)
*I wrote "supposedly", because I don't think her identity is confirmed,

There only needs to be one enemy
I think that is correct.
Unless only one team is represented on the temple, it will not fire.

In other words, if one hero of a team is standing on the temple, that team's buildings won't be fired at from that temple.

brian > Oh well good to know. I don't know how i did not understand this earlier...

For the two posts above me, yes QM sucks today for me too, shitty Nova everywhere... i think i'm doomed and i will stay in this 2400-2600 QM MMR range forever (maybe it's my true lvl, but with all the morales dying with terrible positioning and novas missing all their Q spell, i need my friends back ).

I like being in that MMR range I don't even bother trying to get better.

Syf

Banned
HotS getting 3 panels at BlizzCon

Heroes of the Storm: Hero Design (Friday, 1 hour, Main Stage)
Join the Heroes of the Storm development team to take a closer look at all the new Heroes coming to the Nexus.

Heroes of the Storm: State of the Game (Saturday, 1 hour, Panel)
The Heroes of the Storm development team discusses how the game has evolved and where it is going next, including upcoming changes for heroes, battlegrounds, and talents.

Heroes of the Storm: Battlegrounds (Saturday, 1 hour, Main Stage)
Journey in the battlegrounds of the Nexus with an in-depth look at the new locations and objectives you'll conquer in Heroes of the Storm.

Milly79

HotS getting 3 panels at BlizzCon

Heroes of the Storm: Hero Design (Friday, 1 hour, Main Stage)
Join the Heroes of the Storm development team to take a closer look at all the new Heroes coming to the Nexus.

Heroes of the Storm: State of the Game (Saturday, 1 hour, Panel)
The Heroes of the Storm development team discusses how the game has evolved and where it is going next, including upcoming changes for heroes, battlegrounds, and talents.

Heroes of the Storm: Battlegrounds (Saturday, 1 hour, Main Stage)
Journey in the battlegrounds of the Nexus with an in-depth look at the new locations and objectives you'll conquer in Heroes of the Storm.

Mother of god...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom