• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
KdiDkRP.png

hi heroesgaf ♥

Zafir

Finally tried Tyrande since the changes to Shadowstalk. I do rather like the change, makes it way more viable and gives it a lot more uses too. Especially in solo queue where it was hard to coordinate a stealth gank anyway. Her healing numbers have shot up too. While I'm not sure she could solo heal, she's a lot closer than she was.

Syf

Banned
Not a fan of TS's decision to forfeit. I get their reasoning but this crap only hurts future sponsorship chances for a scene that's still very much developing :\

kirblar

The format from the tournament put us in a really awkward spot. No matter what, both Murloc Geniuses and Tempo Storm advance from the group stage to playoffs tomorrow.

This puts us in a really tough situation.

If we try our hardest in this match, we will reveal strategies and playstyle to Murloc Geniuses. We have a really good chance of meeting them again in the playoffs, so revealing our plans will hurt our chances of advancing.
There is the argument that we could show up and not try our hardest, but I think that is a bigger insult to the fans and ourselves when we don't give it our all.
Or, we forfeit, which is the option we decided to take.

In all three scenarios, someone gets hurt.

We saw this in the past when compLexity faced COGnitive in the ESL Major League - they had a very similar situation, and decided to do troll drafts. This was met with very harsh feedback, so we wanted to avoid that.

We couldn't hurt ourselves in the playoffs tomorrow, and we didn't want to show bad games by not trying our best.

Again, it's a tough situation, and we are sorry to all our fans if they feel let down because of this. Hopefully, the HotS eSports scene can avoid this tournament format going forward.

Please cheer us on tomorrow in the playoffs, and hopefully we can give you guys the matches you wanted to watch today.

–Zoia, Tempo Storm HotS manager
Zoia's response. If they are playing meaningless games, that's a fuckup of the TO, not the players, and they shouldn't have to go play shitup games just for the hell of it.

Reminds me of that big debate with Olympic Badminton and teams intentionally trying to lose games after they qualified from groups in order to procure a more favorable match-up in the knock-off rounds. They were trying their best to win the tournament according to its rules, but they weren't playing individual games in a competitive way. I can't say it's their fault for exploiting a problem in tournament design to their advantage.

The games weren't meaningless though, the result determined the opponent they'll face in the bracket. Now they'll face C9 earlier than they should want to, really don't get why they did it.

I don't see where the TO messed up.

Reminds me of that big debate with Olympic Badminton and teams intentionally trying to lose games after they qualified from groups in order to procure a more favorable match-up in the knock-off rounds. They were trying their best to win the tournament according to its rules, but they weren't playing individual games in a competitive way. I can't say it's their fault for exploiting a problem in tournament design to their advantage.

they were disqualified though, and it was really entertaining to watch.

brian!

Wonder how much ts thinks theyve held away in scrims against c9 that they dont want to show stuff, or maybe they are legit afraid of mg which would be great.

Ketch

Traveling this weekend so hadn't had much time to post. Here's some things I was thinking:

Lol at the MMR discussion again. A lot of you people are crazy. and I think the 20 placement matches are literally only there to hide people's rank so no one can complain "why do I have this rank 34 guy on my team!?"

Also, nexus blades on Sonya is trash booty garbage. 20% damage is so terrible compared to iron skin. Nexus blades are only a really good choice on zeratuln because his autos hit for like 700 at 20 and maybe maaaaaaaybe thrall if your stomping because his get up to like 450. And even in both of those cases if iron skin was an option you'd be crazy not to take it. That's why you get rewind on zera so much.

Duress

I keep getting rocked by Sylvanas and her shadow dagger with vulnerability talent. Actually the whole team does. I have no idea how to counter it. Maybe a cleanse, but that only hits one character. Everyone is still exposed, and dead.

kirblar

Traveling this weekend so hadn't had much time to post. Here's some things I was thinking:

Lol at the MMR discussion again. A lot of you people are crazy. and I think the 20 placement matches are literally only there to hide people's rank so no one can complain "why do I have this rank 34 guy on my team!?"

Also, nexus blades on Sonya is trash booty garbage. 20% damage is so terrible compared to iron skin. Nexus blades are only a really good choice on zeratuln because his autos hit for like 700 at 20 and maybe maaaaaaaybe thrall if your stomping because his get up to like 450. And even in both of those cases if iron skin was an option you'd be crazy not to take it. That's why you get rewind on zera so much.
https://www.hotslogs.com/Sitewide/HeroDetails?Hero=Sonya

Ketch

So your point is that iron skin is picked 4x more then nexus blades? Or that iron skin is every one of the top 10 builds? Thats not even considering that talent pick rates and talent win rates mean very little when considering the quality of a talent.

What is the win rate of Sonya comps that reach lvl 20?

I mean if you want to do an extra 40 - 60 damage on your autos at 20 instead blocking thousands of damage then go for it, but if your in a match where that's the right pick then it doesn't matter what you get at 20 because you've already won.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The technology isn't there yet! We could do absolutely -nothing-. The game was done on the loading screen.

Well that's easy with aba.

I was just continuing the chain :(

Murloc Geniuses reply in the reddit thread
MGFaye said:
I don't personally think it's that big of a deal. If they don't care about their seeding going into play-offs then it's whatever. Good for us because we don't have to face c9 round one and c9 is the hardest team to have to play right away. Tempo is either confident they'll not lose to us or Blaze in the lower bracket or just don't care enough about HTC with Blizzcon coming up ;3

Maledict

Yeah, Blizzard need to fix Sonya. Now.

She is utterly ridiculous if supported, to an extent that is completely unfun in a quick match or hero league. All it takes is Sonya + a decent spot healer and the game is horrible, and if the spot healer is Uther then you may as well go home.

She's going to be first ban every game at Blizzcon unless they do something to her, and that's stupid because it completely messes up the ban strategy. But you can't let anyone get that character right now.

Maledict

I love that after all their careful balancing of tanks, what broke things was a "bug fix" not even listed under character changes...

She is utterly ridiculous if supported, to an extent that is completely unfun in a quick match or hero league. All it takes is Sonya + a decent spot healer and the game is horrible, and if the spot healer is Uther then you may as well go home.

She's going to be first ban every game at Blizzcon unless they do something to her, and that's stupid because it completely messes up the ban strategy. But you can't let anyone get that character right now.

It's to the point that I will basically always counterpick Brightwing right now so I can Polymorph Sonya. It's the best I can think of to counter her right now. Sonya is just stupid.

patchday

Yeah, we should expect to see several new heroes in Blizzcon. I expect Kel'Thuzad, a Troll warlord, and the diablo wizard.

I wouldn't mind Valeera (elf rogue from WoW) as well. But your list sounds great. The Diablo Wizard esp would be nice to have

They could "find" a random bug and globally ban her.

It's to the point that I will basically always counterpick Brightwing right now so I can Polymorph Sonya. It's the best I can think of to counter her right now. Sonya is just stupid.

Boy have times changed. Just a few months ago people were asking for Sonya buffs. Be careful what you wish for! LOL

Had a hard time fighting against a Sonya in ranked match last night. Wasn't sure if it was due to my entire team (including myself) just playing bad tho

Yoshichan

TWO DAYS ARTANIS BOYS

-Digits-

I ticketed Blizzard about my LoV preorder to get an Artanis code and they gave me a beta code for LoV and the prologue missions. Is that what unlocks the hero as well or did they just not bother reading my ticket?

Yoshichan

I ticketed Blizzard about my LoV preorder to get an Artanis code and they gave me a beta code for LoV and the prologue missions. Is that what unlocks the hero as well or did they just not bother reading my ticket?
Uh, that's weird... print screen and link the picture here in this thread (cover up all the important info).

This is the email I got 2 hours after sending my ticket in:

Zafir

Uh, that's weird... print screen and link the picture here in this thread (cover up all the important info).

This is the email I got 2 hours after sending my ticket in:

Yeah same, it only took me a few hours to get a reply along with an order confirmation for Artanis.

kirblar

Chen got incremental buffs, which should help move him out of the super-marginal niche pick spot he was in.

I expect them to slightly uptune Stitche's non-bile/gorge damage in an aim to improve his QM/H win %, his base talent design seems very solid now and its the big QoL issue remaining.

Ketch

yea i could see some buffs to slam damage. maybe some talents to give slam more wave clear or CC... like move the lvl 16 slow talent way up in the tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom