• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

The build i had when i played him a lot was based around his q and stuff like relentless, yeh q is ability dmg (stuff like giant killer and searing dont work w/ it) i hardly ever autoed besides cleaning up or that one beautiful patch where q and autos worked at the same time if you were standing still. I stopped using the lvl 4 grenade talent when it was nerfed but it's still good, q range + slow just became very strong w/ the type of heroes on the board

The build i had when i played him a lot was based around his q and stuff like relentless, yeh q is ability dmg (stuff like giant killer and searing dont work w/ it) i hardly ever autoed besides cleaning up or that one beautiful patch where q and autos worked at the same time if you were standing still. I stopped using the lvl 4 grenade talent when it was nerfed but it's still good, q range + slow just became very strong w/ the type of heroes on the board
Yep. As a Tychus main, the Q build is the way to go. Full Q, first aid, stoneskin. That's all you need to dominate.

As for drill/Odin, for objective based maps or dive heavy comps I'll go drill most of the time. A well placed level 20 drill will win a teamfight. Both heroics are great though and can really be used in any situation.

Milly79

Patch is out.

Players will no longer afk random in draft but will receive leaver penalties and be kicked.

Selection time has been increased to 45 seconds.

Max queue time has been increased to 600 seconds.

From in client patch notes just updated.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Artanis void ability doesn't put the enemy behind the gate :/

kirblar

I think we're using it differently- from a design perspective it's just "AA" and "Ability version of his AA". (Which is uh, not very intuitive.) Everything built around his trait. That's why I don't see him as a "caster" even tho his Q build is athe main one atm. Falstad clearly is ability focused now tho post redesign.

Maledict

I think we're using it differently- from a design perspective it's just "AA" and "Ability version of his AA". (Which is uh, not very intuitive.) Everything built around his trait. That's why I don't see him as a "caster" even tho his Q build is athe main one atm. Falstad clearly is ability focused now tho post redesign.

And yet the only viable Falstead we've seen at the high end is the AA falstead.

I really hope they sort him out soon, I love Falstead and am buying the parrot model instantly but he's just not very good right now.

kirblar

I really hope they sort him out soon, I love Falstead and am buying the parrot model instantly but he's just not very good right now.
Yeah, with the way his W used to work he was much more AA-focused, and now all that feels hugely vestigal now. I love him too- either him or Tass was my first to 9.

If you dont see a patch download, restart your client.

brian!

I just say caster because its a different measure (uses ability power instead of attack damage) and it has a down time

But yeah its basically him realizing he can move around and shoot faster

kirblar

I just say caster because its a different measure (uses ability power instead of attack damage) and it has a down time

But yeah its basically him realizing he can move around and shoot faster
I wonder if this weird schizophrenic design is/was in part based around Imposing Presence being so ridiculous for so long- since he can't avoid spraying a tank if they're next to his target. Being totally all-in on the AA (With Q being a buff to it) would be so much more coherent as a design.

Ketch

I could see a tychus rework that rebalances his Q and AA bringing his Q down and his AA up to compensate. But it has to be more then just the damage numbers and actually rework the functionality of his trait and talents.

like Q is just so much better then his AA that it's a mistake to not go Q build, but then he's in this spot where he doesn't do anything unless Q is up and if you miss or they kite then you gotta just kinda run around doing nothing until Q is ready again.

maybe trait rework that lets you move and shoot once the minigun is fully cranked up and then some more talents that let you instantly reach max minigun speed or play around with max minigun speed.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

I have fun playing Falstad but I agree he needs some help, he's certainly one of the weaker assassins.

brian!

Im pretty sure blizzard was just like yo this guy has a minigun lets build from there

I think his kit is great and it makes a lot of sense to me, it's just that the way he outputs damage isnt great for the current environment (basically azmo laser), like it's not burst or sustain, it does a lot of damage but the range and interruptibility of it hurts him w/ the way most of his power is packed into the skill. I wouldnt mind if they reworked him, but i like his current kit

It's weird that they give him aa talents with his range and inability to move and put out dmg through aa

So Artanis makes a decent buff target for Abathur. Shields on shields is nice and the auto-attack speed increase seemed solid. Not the beat buff target ever, but good nonetheless.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So Artanis makes a decent buff target for Abathur. Shields on shields is nice and the auto-attack speed increase seemed solid. Not the beat buff target ever, but good nonetheless.
Auto-attack speed + lvl 16 Artanis talent that reduces his trait with 6 (8) sec each time he hits? Seems ridiculous on paper! Infinite shield.

Ketch

maybe increase the time it takes to wind up the mini gun but let him move and shoot once it's full speed... they'd have to take out a lot of the AA talents tho becaue it would probably be too good with focus attacks and what not.

Alur

Was watching McIntyre's stream. Saw a legend:

CLy5l0k.jpg

Yoshichan

Loving Artanis so far, he needs team support and have to move a lot fo do his job. Kinda silly his heroic ray ability upgrade at 20 fix the main issue of the ray itselft to just stay there doing nothing when it kills a Hero.

His Q kinda push him to be offensive yet you can be killed since it doesnt give you extra armor or actives your overshield to survive a failed Q. You can active W while you are traveling which is kinda neat but bad since when you land Artanis just stay there and dont follow your previous target before Q

His W is pretty fun, extra armor, charge ability and reset his trait reminds me of the old zealots from SC, so far so good yet I would be better if Q resets his coldown to give him more sinergy on his kit

His E is kinda hard or maybe why, used wisely it can separate a key enemy from his team but putting Artanis to a pretty tight position since Artanis have no way to escape. I guess his E is where the advanced combos and baits will come from but I dont like it personally.

His Heroics abilities being global makes sense since he is kinda slow to follow his own heroic skills and Zeratul already have the charge heroic ability, you can soak lanes or merc camps and help your team in TF at the same time.

His dance is pretty awesome anyway

pulp-fiction-dance-scene-o.gif

Being able to use a warrior without self heal, easy minion clear, solo lane mechanic and ignoring your team because you are able to take down anything by yourself is a relief for me, Artanis feels like a mixture of an Assasin with burst of damage if you left him move and a Warrior extra shields that can turn around the battle if you dont focus your damage on him.

Alur

We did six games with Artanis with Milly79 and protonium taking turns on him while I healed/Tassadar'd.

Artanis/Tassadar/Uther (3-1), Artanis/Tassadar/Brightwing (0-1), and Artanis/Kharazim/Sonya (1-0).

He seems very fun but we are all kind of skeptical about the viability. His E ability is so freaking slow.

Saw so many Artanis feeds with Q too.

His base skin is one of the best base ones in the game doe. So good.

I don't know who anyone is to know if I'm in a game with someone relevant. I'm sure I've pissed off some streamer by reporting them for abuse or something before. Zero fucks given. Then again, my MMR has nosedived since the Kerrigan patch, so I probably only play with people who just installed the game nowadays anyway.

Yoshichan

welp, today is the day. Either I get to be the happiest man on the planet for a few hours, or the saddest :)

patchday

Artanis seems pretty fun. Kind of needs a certain team dynamic depending on how hes built. Need to get used to his ultimate being global. That's an interesting twist. His E is difficult to land at times.

As mentioned back a page, his E doesn't allow you to swap places with someone across a gate :(

No escape like Muradin. So once commit he's staying there.

WITH ARMS WIDE OPEN INTO THE NEXUS WELCOME TO THIS PLACE YOU'LL RAGE AND THROW EVERYTHING WITH ARMS WIDE OPEN

This made me lol

Ketch

probably played about half a dozen games with him on my team or against me, and he's pretty unimpactful. never felt like he was causing me issues.

except for one game on spider queen were the enemy artans was just like nailing swaps across walls and shit. super annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom