• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

Tried to wrap up a quest quickly this morning in an AI game. Actually met an AFK Abathur. Like for real. Someone on my team said he was AFKing the previous game too. We all agreed to report the shit out of him afterwards. What a douche.

image.png

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Tried to wrap up a quest quickly this morning in an AI game. Actually met an AFK Abathur. Like for real. Someone on my team said he was AFKing the previous game too. We all agreed to report the shit out of him afterwards. What a douche.

I was in an AI game yesterday with what I like to affectionately call a Slapathur, or a melee Abathur. He was running around getting into team fights, actively capturing objectives (it was Cursed Hollow), and just generally having a hell of a good time. It was hilarious, of course we still won because it was an AI game, lol.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wait, where's my SotC CE mount? Is it not enabled in EU yet?

empyrean

Brand new player here, played a couple of vs AI matches (in my first ever MOBA) i see on the store the 'starter pack; is like 79% off and works out at like £3.99, is this worth it? required?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Brand new player here, played a couple of vs AI matches (in my first ever MOBA) i see on the store the 'starter pack; is like 79% off and works out at like £3.99, is this worth it? required?

Super insane value if you even remotely like the game.

I was in an AI game yesterday with what I like to affectionately call a Slapathur, or a melee Abathur. He was running around getting into team fights, actively capturing objectives (it was Cursed Hollow), and just generally having a hell of a good time. It was hilarious, of course we still won because it was an AI game, lol.

God I want to do this so badly.

Hey guys, I'm kinda ish new (Lies i have about three weeks playing) but neve rhave posted here. Damn I love this game, I mean coming from Dota 2, Smite, Strife and Gigantic , I'm not new to Moba's but this one really hits home. Love how its way more accessible yet still has a nice competitive side. And the multiple maps is what I always wanted in Moba's.

If anybody wants to add me as a friend so we can party my username is : Lightjolly

protonium

Hey guys, I'm kinda ish new (Lies i have about three weeks playing) but neve rhave posted here. Damn I love this game, I mean coming from Dota 2, Smite, Strife and Gigantic , I'm not new to Moba's but this one really hits home. Love how its way more accessible yet still has a nice competitive side. And the multiple maps is what I always wanted in Moba's.

If anybody wants to add me as a friend so we can party my username is : Lightjolly

Welcome, welcome. What region are you playing in? Have you taken a liking to any heroes? I'm still hoping for an ARAM map.

In Blizzcon news:
We will be adding a new bundle to the shop that includes the Heroes and skins chosen by the winning team during the final match of the championship.

Rejoice/recoil with ye wallets

Alur

Void Speeder shows up in selectable mounts, but mine says it's locked. FeelsBadMan

What gives Blizzart ?

EDIT: On my other account it shows locked and "This is not purchasable" so at least I know my account is flagged properly. Dunno why I can't ride my surf board doe :(

Indignate

It was a fun one for me and Ketch. Bad news bears for everyone else, though. The Sonya didn't even really know to come to objectives, just kind of started following the herd.

It'd be like the equivalent of me and Ketch playing with actual pros...except at least we are at the point where we could understand what's going on, even if the skill gap is huge. These dudes didn't even all understand what was happening even before the skill gap.

So no chance that everyone was just a smurf huh?

Kind of sucks, but expected when the game not only has to try to match your skill level with a (comparatively) small player base, but also try to match team comp at the same time.

Any word on how the game has been doing in terms of player size?

Celegus

Bah Butcher. It's like suicide in team battles.

Don't run in the middle of them! Play more like Zeratul and pick off stragglers. And if they're super clumpy, save your charge and just poke with hamstring until you have an opening. Commit too early and you're dead meat. I think he's super fun!

kirblar

Don't run in the middle of them! Play more like Zeratul and pick off stragglers. And if they're super clumpy, save your charge and just poke with hamstring until you have an opening. Commit too early and you're dead meat. I think he's super fun!
Reddit guide just got posted yesterday that said exactly this. Also: pick lamb. Korea does it all the time.

Celegus

Reddit guide just got posted yesterday that said exactly this. Also: pick lamb. Korea does it all the time.

Yeah I prefer lamb as well. Not being able to run away from the brand usually ends up in a lot more damage than suicide bombing yourself trying to make furnace work and not get melted instantly.

Yoshichan

Why is the LotV mount locked for me?

1up

Quickmatch was ridiculous to us yesterday.

Easily worst team comp I have ever seen yesterday on the other team with Gaz, Nova, Zera, Abathur, and Sylvanas on Dragon Shrine.

Zera and Nova were always together and blowing people up, but they couldnt take the shrines to save their lives. Abathur actually had to go out and try to cap.

empyrean

as a very new player should I ideally be picking one hero and playing constantly with them to learn the hero rather than mixing it up and learning the "game"? Or does it not matter too much?

Easily worst team comp I have ever seen yesterday on the other team with Gaz, Nova, Zera, Abathur, and Sylvanas on Dragon Shrine.

That sounds a lot like a team comp I had in quick match not just a few days ago! Kerrigan, Nova, Abathur, Zeratul, Tyrande.

as a very new player should I ideally be picking one hero and playing constantly with them to learn the hero rather than mixing it up and learning the "game"? Or does it not matter too much?

In my opinion you should be trying all the characters on rotation each week and remembering which ones you had the most fun playing. It might be hard learning maps and heroes at the same time, but honestly the best way to learn how to play with/against every hero is to actually play them yourself. Getting a feel for each champ's strengths/weakness and cooldowns is really useful.

I hate when some nights of ranked end up being a wash and I just end at the rank I started at (though I suppose it's better than going down). I should've at least ended up a rank ahead of where I started, but my first game of the night had me booted from the pick screen and I got a leaver penalty for it. My internet didn't go down, so I'm not sure why it said I DCed...

There's no better way to learn a character's weakness than to play them. There's also no way to know which character will click with you until you try them because something that sounds off on paper may not feel off with you at the helm.

My vote is for mixing it up until you've got at least 2 of each "class" you're comfortable with for hero league.

Alur

Ideally you would play each hero that is on free rotation to level 5. That gives you a decent idea of the heroes strengths and weaknesses, lets you decide which ones you like, and also gives you 500g for each one you get to 5.

I wouldn't really buy much of anything with actual gold til you've leveled for a week or two and had experience with multiple heroes. What you think you'll like versus what you actually like might surprise you.

but my first game of the night had me booted from the pick screen and I got a leaver penalty for it. My internet didn't go down, so I'm not sure why it said I DCed...

I've seen a couple of reports about this lately. Haven't ever had it happen to me or in one of my HL games, but it seems to be some kind of issue. No clue on how to solve it though.

Alur

I want a hero with the face from brian!'s avatar as it's head. Maybe the whole thing as the actual skin.

Be hard as hell to hit that little bastard with skillshots.

Alur

As the only (known) actual "country" dude here, I have to ask...what are country fried potatoes?

Cause where I'm from it's fried potatoes or, to be colloquially correct, fried taters.

No country. Pinto beans and cornbread optional but recommended.

Were you being abusive
Oh have you been pmed by someone u dont know, ppl out there fukking with accounts

No, I barely even talk during games. When i do its about what im going to do.

Oh wait, I remember now something about my account being suspended if I didn't go to usheroes.cn to verify it. Please don't tell me that was a scam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom