• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

So when is Sonya going to get nerfed back to a state of being worthless? It'll make me so happy.

You have just angered the Ketch. He spent basically 10-11 months telling me "Sonya gonna come back. I swear."

And now she's here and you want her to go?

Not sure. You bought digital? Mine showed locked for a bit and then unlocked after I played on my other account for a while.

Oh wait, I remember now something about my account being suspended if I didn't go to usheroes.cn to verify it. Please don't tell me that was a scam.

nOALC5Y.gif

Contact Blizzard ASAP. You just got rekt. Need to get your stuff fixed, get an authenticator, etc.

Also, Omega Kirby, to avoid the bait spam in the future: type /leave General Chat in the chat window. It's nothing but a cesspool and it's also how they found you to whisper you.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Oh wait, I remember now something about my account being suspended if I didn't go to usheroes.cn to verify it. Please don't tell me that was a scam.

I was sure that was sarcasm, but no it sounds like you are serious. o_O

Contact Blizzard tech support ASAP, you have been hacked Kirby!!!!!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Not sure. You bought digital? Mine showed locked for a bit and then unlocked after I played on my other account for a while.
I bought physical, linked the picture of the receipt + ID and got Artanis on day 1... that should be enough for them to give me the mount as well, right? Or do I have to do it again or something?

Alur

Dunno, I'd send it to them again though. I would imagine it's the same issue and they probably only flagged for Artanis the first time.

kirblar

I bought physical, linked the picture of the receipt + ID and got Artanis on day 1... that should be enough for them to give me the mount as well, right? Or do I have to do it again or something?
That was just for Artanis. Other goodies will unlock w/ the game since they're not gameplay related.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
welp, I sent a ticket in.

Alur

McIntyre uses Discord with viewers/subs for games. It's no worse than Mumble.

I've been considering setting up at HOTSGAF Discord and stopping payments on the Mumble server. It doesn't get used much anymore so it's kind of just a waste of money.

brian!

Id be down for that, also there is a gaf mumble available that i use for hots sometimes

Is it mainly ppl looking for teams on there, im just trying to play some inhouses since ppl i play with dont really play much anymore

Oh i was talking about the one 2arc set up

Milly79

It's like most games on GAF. Comes out strong and dies a quick death (on here, anyway).

I'd stop payments on it. Hell, I would've did it after a month. No one used it. We had our group of 5, and Yoshi had his EU guys in there sometimes. Other than that, no one ever. It's not worth wasting money.

brian!

I dont oppose the idea, there's no hard evidence tho. Like i could point at all these things that would prevent retention or should be in place or whatever but i cant really say that it has tangible effects that i see beyond anecdotal stuff

Milly79

I don't know why you never play with us, Brian.

I'd love to do in-houses as well, but the playerbase on GAF just isn't there.

Or if it is, no one wants speaks up/wants to play.

I play almost as much as I did at my peak. Mostly, just been playing games less in general is my limitation. I also find though that I get more views on my YouTube channel from World of Warcraft gameplay by far than I do from HOTS... So that's kind of sad.

If they won't say anything at blizzcon we won't get any numbers for at least another 3 months.

Unless the game holds much more sway over the casual crowd, we are a tiny sample size but it seems that many of us and players within our cycle are in a slump. That isn't necessarily indicative but if it were it wouldn't bode that well.

brian!

Uhhhh im just sitting here by the windowsill waiting for the invite. I dont turn the client on unless im asked to play usually, in league i could idle in the client but hots makes my laptop scream when i just leave it on

Ok, everythings fixed. Battletag back to normal, silence is off.

Got 10k and was torn between getting LT. Morales or waiting 5k more for Artanis, ended up getting the Lost Vikings. They are freaking hard to use but so much fuuuuuuun.

Milly79

Uhhhh im just sitting here by the windowsill waiting for the invite. I dont turn the client on unless im asked to play usually, in league i could idle in the client but hots makes my laptop scream when i just leave it on

Well shit. How am I supposed to know that? I know you're higher MMR, so I figured you wouldn't want to play with us plebs anyway.

TDLink

Ok, everythings fixed. Battletag back to normal, silence is off.

Got 10k and was torn between getting LT. Morales or waiting 5k more for Artanis, ended up getting the Lost Vikings. They are freaking hard to use but so much fuuuuuuun.

Wait another week for Artanis and he'll be 10k. Never pay the 15k for new heroes.

Ketch

brian!

Well shit. How am I supposed to know that? I know you're higher MMR, so I figured you wouldn't want to play with us plebs anyway.

Man my mmr is probably really inflated i suck. Nah i think we've had this conversation b4 and i was like just invite me dawg back then too

Alur

It's curious that we all vehemently oppose the thought of hots slowly dying yet most of us seem to be playing less and less.

I've had the play 8 games for like more than a week now.

Like Milly said...

It's like most games on GAF. Comes out strong and dies a quick death (on here, anyway).

I think that's a GAF thing more than anything.

I've yet to play a game with a strong GAF community that lasted more than a few months. The best one we had was SWTOR GAF (GAF Empire) and it persisted as long as it did because we took in outsiders to bolster as GAF people bored out. IIRC the same happened in FFXIV ARR to make that one continue for a good amount of time.

This is a gaming enthusiast forum...new shinies are what excites people the most. And GAF hivemind is a real thing. Once a few turn on something it's all that pops up in a thread or other threads about that game for a while. Then the few diehards like us are all that's left.

TBH, though, if you go look at the Overwatch thread or other Blizzard threads or threads that dovetail into Blizz you will see a good number of GAFers referencing having played HOTS or currently playing HOTS and not in a negative manner. They just never come in here for whatever reason.
#threadbully

I really don't think the game is dying at all. I also don't think it's growing very well either, but that's another story.

I think that what we know is the vast majority of players are Bronze and Silver level, with another large chunk at Gold...and undoubtedly most of those are casual players. Casual players aren't too engaged in anything social, whether it's a forum/reddit/Twitch/etc, and those are the things we are basing the "death" on. I think the folks on reddit correlating a bad game or two of matchmaking with lack of people in queue are sorely misleading, particularly when they continually acknowledge bugs and issues with their system.

kirblar

I really don't think the game is dying at all. I also don't think it's growing very well either, but that's another story.
The metrics on Reddit aren't good- there was a burst over the summer but it dropped back and is declining. The retention issues are real - I'm barely playing with other people right now and just log in for dailies.

Alur

Wanted to ask you guys about this interesting topic that came up in the Overwatch thread. It started with this guy:

At this point they should just sell the access 60$ or something. Lots of money and nobody would get sour over not getting in.

I'm sure most of you remember that Blizzard did do something like this for HOTS and the qq on GAF and reddit and everywhere else was pretty loud.

I was always in favor of it, though. And posted in the thread that I would pay it now for Overwatch, but that the response before had been pretty vehemently against it.

Everyone who has responded in the thread has said they'd gladly pay though. Is that because Overwatch is more "complete" than HOTS was in beta? Because the beta is more new and fresh while HOTS had been in the wild for some time (even if limited) before the pay2access? Or simply because Overwatch has - at least at this early stage - achieved the kind of following via Twitch and the like that HOTS never managed creating a massive amount of hype? All three? I'm curious.

I feel like it's because the beta is so fresh and the game seems so crisp, but YMMV.

The metrics on Reddit aren't good- there was a burst over the summer but it dropped back and is declining. The retention issues are real - I'm barely playing with other people right now and just log in for dailies.

You mean you don't play QM/HL, or you don't play grouped? I had thought you rarely ever played much grouped to begin with.

Is the reddit declining? Last I had looked it was still going up, just very slowly. Wouldn't be surprised though. Most of it is just shitposts and repeats and they took away a lot of the funny when they removed the images.

EDIT: This website shows it as still growing...but it's a trickle. Only 2,100 new subscribers since 10/1/15.

I played league w/ gaf for around 3 years mostly w/ the same ppl, but it's also the biggest game in the wurld

True dat. Having that massive playerbase would help alleviate that. I dunno how the League community is, just going off of the ones I've seen which is most every MMO and some other stuff. Typically you start off with a good group of people (enough to where folks are getting left out sometimes) and then it slowly widdles down to where you don't even have a full group of people regularly as others move on.

kirblar

I'm not touching HL cause I don't have much time after dailies and because there's no reason to given the higher rank horror stories.

Alur

Anecdotal, naturally, but among our small group (who all play in the 2500-3100 MMR range depending on the person and account) there is no issue with HL and the horror story matchmaking. I mean like any mode/range in HOTS you get the random outlier every now and then, but the stuff that plagues the Srey's of the world or the low MMR's of the world doesn't really affect people like us who are firmly in the middle in my experience.

kirblar

Anecdotal, naturally, but among our small group (who all play in the 2500-3100 MMR range depending on the person and account) there is no issue with HL and the horror story matchmaking. I mean like any mode/range in HOTS you get the random outlier every now and then, but the stuff that plagues the Srey's of the world or the low MMR's of the world doesn't really affect people like us who are firmly in the middle in my experience.
It's also the insecurity of not knowing if it matters/not knowing if its even a good idea to keep grinding upwards because they may let you try to recalibrate in the future.

Alur

Feel you on that.

And then Sat at Blizzcon they could announce the S1 reset, or really at any arbitrary time. I've thought about that as I've climbed out of my own situation like yours. I'm at r6 on that account...if I manage to get to 1 and then they reset right after? PJSalt.

Yoshichan

I agree with all of alurs big post above

kirblar

Feel you on that.

And then Sat at Blizzcon they could announce the S1 reset, or really at any arbitrary time. I've thought about that as I've climbed out of my own situation like yours. I'm at r6 on that account...if I manage to get to 1 and then they reset right after? PJSalt.
Yeah, I'm going about 75% on HL, the duo-queue REALLY helped matchmaking. But it's such a hassle to invest the time into it right now.

Overwatch looks polished. HOTS has been working with a skeleton crew forever and it shows. However, they've also become the fastest-responding Blizzard balance team in history, which is definitely a good thing.

They're not doing a founders pack for overwatch cause it'd surely blow up their infrastructure. Gameplay looks polished but that's not what is dictating beta numbers

Also Im just guessing here but I think they do a $60 boxed game that sees simultaneous release on PC and console. Doing a founders pack in that case would either mean people essentially are getting free beta access for preordering OR they are paying an extra $60 for early access and Blizzard would get vilified over both scenarios.

Ketch

Do you get access to all the characters in over watch right away? Or do they need to be unlocked/bought?

Hots founder pack was a ripoff off because the heroes u got weren't worth the cost. And it's a free to play game paying entrance fee to a free to play game doesn't make sense.

I always assumed over watch was gonna be like a full priced product from the get go. Either way if you get all the heroes up front then paying a larger lump sum to get in makes more sense.

Alur

You have access to all heroes right now in Overwatch. They haven't said whether that's going to remain the case or not. I'd assume so though, hard to put that genie back in the bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom