• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

So they're probably not gonna have a disk version for ps4/xbone? that's just what I imagined when I heard they were making a console version.

If it's f2p then I'll definetly check it out.

Everything I know about overwatch's price structure I've learned in the last 10 posts on this page.

Has there been boxed versions of other f2p games on console already?

I could see it working if they made it to where you needed to buy heroes sperately and then the boxed version comes with all the heroes for the same price as a bundle with all the heroes would cost you digitally.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So they're probably not gonna have a disk version for ps4/xbone? that's just what I imagined when I heard they were making a console version.

If it's f2p then I'll definetly check it out.

Everything I know about overwatch's price structure I've learned in the last 10 posts on this page.

It plausibly would have a disc, but the cost would be off-set by the $60 bundle of f2p items you're buying.

It's essentially a way to reach console buyers who play internet games, but don't buy things online. It could also plausibly be a code in a box, yes. That's not so uncommon these days.

Notably this is all from GameStop specifically who has been working with PC providers to sell digital games at retail:

2949855-steam1mksf7.jpg

Ketch

that just seems crazy to me. making and shipping disks in ps4/xbone boxes is expensive... and to do that for a f2p game seems like a completely unnecessary risk.

no disk in the box but also including like exlcusive cosmetics that you can only get by buying the boxed version makes sense though. But surely not for $60.

Like asking someone for $60 for an empty box for a free game seems crazy.

edit: yea, download codes on cards is what i would expect... also those are all pc games. has it been done for console yet? Not saying it can't be done, just that it would be crazy.

Milly79

from the schedule there it seems like the only HotS content I'm missing by not buying the e ticket is 1hr each on "hero deep dive", "battle grounds", and "state of the game". Which I'm sure all the pertinent info will just be posted on reddit immediately anyway right?

Correctr

Ketch

I want that mount tho

But $40 for 3hrs of live streams tho..

What if the hearthstone innkeeper was just a twisted fate clone for HotS?

brian!

Tf would transition prtty good in hots i think, a mage w/ a tele might be overpowered but itd depend on what they do with talents and numbers

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
that just seems crazy to me. making and shipping disks in ps4/xbone boxes is expensive... and to do that for a f2p game seems like a completely unnecessary risk.

no disk in the box but also including like exlcusive cosmetics that you can only get by buying the boxed version makes sense though. But surely not for $60.

Like asking someone for $60 for an empty box for a free game seems crazy.

edit: yea, download codes on cards is what i would expect... also those are all pc games. has it been done for console yet? Not saying it can't be done, just that it would be crazy.

Well, we got confirmation whatever they're selling at retail is called "Origins Edition" instead of just Overwatch: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=184336367&postcount=1127

Alur

ITT: Overwatch of the Storm.
I ain't even mad, Overwatch 2 gud 4 us HOTS plebs blizz giev us key plz understand

Blizz really needs to give us some more HOTS nugs so we have non-rehashed topics to discuss.

In other news, Milly + Alur Murky troll games were a success. 2 for 3. To quote the legend, he said something like "i just wanna be trol". Success.

Alur

Damn that box is huge. Definitely seems like different than just a typical retail game.

And the mount is awesome Ketch, but YMMV on if it's worth it for you. I only got it cause I have all the other mounts...can't stop won't stop making Blizzard rich nah mean.

I haven't gotten my Blizzcon mount yet... worried there might be an issue with mine. I got an actual code for a blizzcon ticket instead of purchasing it (blizzard forum MVP) so wondering if there is some mix up there and it's only going to give me access to watch it instead of all the goodies as well.

Alur

Those are just ad cubes, no?

Could be. Kind of a strange thing to do for a game that has no previous franchise entry, though, right? It is Blizzard so maybe Gamestop is that invested. Just seems odd.

We'll know tomorrow though I guess so it's whatever for now.

kirblar

Could be. Kind of a strange thing to do for a game that has no previous franchise entry, though, right? It is Blizzard so maybe Gamestop is that invested. Just seems odd.

We'll know tomorrow though I guess so it's whatever for now.
They've got the PS4/XB1 logos on them, so just ads, unless a CE comes like that.

Questions!

How long does it take for panel videos to get uploaded? i work friday morning and saturday evening so i miss all the panels. Apart from that im mainly interested in the HOTS tourney. Is a virtual ticket even worth it for me?

Alur

The panels won't be uploaded elsewhere AFAIK. Think that's the point of the pay-for-stream. If it is uploaded elsewhere Blizz will nuke it from orbit.

The info will be everywhere, though, and the stream will have all the panels on demand after they air as far as I remember.

The panels won't be uploaded elsewhere AFAIK. Think that's the point of the pay-for-stream. If it is uploaded elsewhere Blizz will nuke it from orbit.

The info will be everywhere, though, and the stream will have all the panels on demand after they air as far as I remember.

So ill wanna see the hero reveals and the like, how long does it usually take for blizz to release those vids? Ill be watching all the panels after the fact anyway, but I would like to catch up on the videos as soon as i get home from work and while i watch the tourney.

Edit: So it looks like the blizzcon 2014 vids were uploaded on sunday. Although I did see some some uploaded not by blizz the day of.

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/3rpda7/tracer_hero_basically_confirmed/

Tracer in HotS is a bonus for getting the Overwatch Origin edition.

But this could mean she's not coming out in HotS until Overwatch launches...

I think Blizzard said many months ago they plan to introduce Overwatch characters into HOTS, but not before Overwatch can stand on its own (or something like that). So in that case, I think it makes sense they'd wait until Overwatch launches or is about to launch before they drop Tracer etc. into Heroes.

EDIT: Or not. Dammit kirb.

kirblar

is this just an assumption? or do you have some proof other then the reddit info that was already posted?
4 heroes are being revealed at Blizzcon, and there was something said regarding the IPs that made everyone assume an Overwatch hero was coming. (Which was most likely to be Tracer because she's the face of the game.)

I think you made a Rock n Roll racing joke.

Given that they haven't shown any upcoming heroes, at least two of them are coming in the next patch, and the other 2 are most likely in the patch after that.

Alur

Pretty solid assumption though.

Particularly if we already know the bonuses...meaning likely sooner than later at least IMO.

Ketch

Idk. I thought maybe there was more info leaked. To me it Seems more likely to come out with the game itself rather then just randomly during the beta period.... I guess overwatch could be out in the next three months but I thought I read June somewhere. There's already boxes in stores though.

Milly79

No, I didn't buy it.

I was tempted, but $40 to watch a stream and get a shitty mount compared to last years? And no portrait? Not really sold so much anymore. I don't play the other games hardcore enough for the in-game stuff to be worth it.

Idk. I'll decide tomorrow.

Trying to get someone to set up a private stream *wink wink*, doesn't look like that's gonna happen.

Alur

Part of the reason I bought was the offhand chance for beta.

Edit: guy on front page of reddit bought it from Gamestop. It was an activation code, $40. When redeeming it said "You are redeeming Overwatch for PC". Did nothing to his account as of yet. I can't link from mobile.

Ketch

I swear everytime I get close to 9 this shit happens:

Like I aint even mad if you're gonna pick gazlowe. but this dude literally hovers on zagara the whole time... the. whole. time. and without saying anything or anybody else saying anything about his pick, at the very last second... 1 second left, he switches to gazlowe.

y u do dis?

we still won, but I didn't hit 9 off it.

edit: also, ETC + Nova is like the worst shit to play against because you either:

A. hang back away from your warriors so you don't get moshed and so Nova can snipe you, or

B. Get in close to your team so you can avoid getting singled out by nova and so ETC can mosh everybody.

Milly79

It was nearly finishing when I entered, but I hope this proves what I saw: http://i.imgur.com/3LW4bXS.jpg

They were discussing the following:

* New Matchmaking system
* New Rank "Grandmaster"
* Heroes rotations will be 10 instead of 7
* Death Recap System (shown in the picture)

If you have the virtual ticket, you can see that the stream is still open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom