• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon

Banned
So been playing this for about 2 days and people don't seem to understand that exp at the start is important or that if in 3 lanes we have 3 top, none mid and 2 bot that we are missing out on a lot of exp mid.

The experience system is pretty invisible -- there's just a popup over enemies that give xp, but since the xp radius is around you, all the creeps you're looking at are going to be giving you xp, so as far as you can tell you just get xp for everything. Add to that the shared xp bar (so you're constantly gaining xp for no apparent reason as other people do things) and the fact that the Team Liquid guide doesn't mention how xp works in MOBAs at all (just a blind spot for them, I assume) and you're going to get a lot of people who have no idea how laning works.

Blizzard should really give us some tool to see our xp radius -- something to hover over and get an overlay or something. That would help teach newbies and be useful to everybody else.

love how super aggressive both comps are here
dis tyreal tho

Yeah that first match between arthas and gamers2 was really good.. Gotta give it to this game that things usually keep really interesting to follow to the very end.

Khaldor.. I dunno he is a personality clearly.. I don't really have an opinion either way, i guess his ok... But I did like the guy who was doing singapore tournament earlier today Babael..

edit. things and typos
I liked that they had replays in the singapore tournament.
more on khaldor, he does really bring forth his opinion on things :)

Spl1nter

Not really a big fan of ETC anymore after the Kael patch. I feel his damage output is just too low now. Muradin on the other hand is such a beast.

The IGN article is funny, HOTS is comeback central. Team negativity when you are behind is the only reason you dont have a chance for a comeback.

I was one of those people that had absolutely zero interest in LoL/Dota. Never tried them, never would, just not interested. In many ways an irrational hatred. I still have completely no interest in trying either game. I decided to play HOTS because its game design is a lot more clear and apparent. Also shorter games, I cannot imagine playing rounds longer than 30 mins. Coming from battlefield, I was never a fan of super high ticket counts and found 20-25 mins rounds the sweet spot.

I wish blizzard could revitalize the RTS genre in the same way they changed MOBAs. Ladder anxiety killed SC2.

brian!

at least he's ripped tho

holy cow this draft
arthas's team is going to rely really heavily on arthas's ability to burst

Alur

He is that.

So what's the odds on what "The Mayhem Begins" shows us in an hour?

More than the next new hero? Heaven/Hell map? Something else? Probably discuss those ranked changes too maybe?

brian!

i like the guy though, if blizz ends up making a na/eu lcs type of thing I hope he's part of it and gets proper casting training

dbl tank plus impale range/bed of barbs is so nicely considered here too, great combo for their team and against arthas's team, while arthas commits to a catch comp w/ tyreal going full dmg atm
burning rage hype on tyreal Kreygasm

Alur

I'm getting kid brother vibes off Khaldor's views on having Schamtoo along.

HS chat will make you lose faith in humanity.

Catching some Trump or Reynad streaming makes me wonder how "worth it" they find being able to video game for a living some days. Then again, maybe you just build up a tolerance.

brian!

this and last game's draft werent even close
one team w/ options and general strength
another team w/ a really specific combo and not much to be done outside of that

actually i failed to consider sylv, which also opens up options
oh nm, I also failed to consider that zera might be going shadow assualt

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wait, what exactly is wrong with Khaldor?

It's utterly dreadful. I do wonder why games magazines do this sometimes.

Not only is it factually inaccurate - it's written by a Dota 2 fanatic, who has a big issue with the fact it's not Dota 2. Complaining about the map objectives distracting you from laning is.... boggling?

It's been a long time since I've had a ton of experience with a game before the reviews come out. Time, skill, and experience are probably sacrificed the most in the review business, but seeing things like this really drive it home. Everyone's entitled to their opinion and I'm not one of those people who thinks people should be expected to leave their baggage at the door and pretend each game lives in a vacuum, but an underinformed opinion should always receive its proper criticism.

brian!

promote over proteckt shield also shows that g2 is really cognizant of what they need to do to win, dis should be a good game

nothing's wrong w/ khaldor, as a caster he tends to focus on weird things and makes weird inflections on his voice about some stuff and it's grating sometimes, and also his knowledge might be a bit lower than other casters, but I mean it's a diy guy trying some shit out, he's aight

zera went with vp in the end i got hype for no reason, shadow assualt is ruff against rehgar though

brian!

there's 16 for arthas
g2 seems to understand the map better but arthas can just group and run over ppl now

what a godlike vp!!!
this is why you ban zera against g2

Celegus

Do stimpacks activate as soon as you buy them or do you choose when to start them? I want to grab the starter pack but won't have much time to play today, would rather have it start tomorrow.

Alur

5000g not sure who to unlock next. I've only unlocked valla and lili

Just level the free ones to 5, get that extra gold and see who you like. Don't buy anyone with gold til you've played 'em a bit would be my suggestion, though. You might regret it and the big gold gains are finite.

Do stimpacks activate as soon as you buy them or do you choose when to start them? I want to grab the starter pack but won't have much time to play today, would rather have it start tomorrow.

Starts as soon as you buy it.

brian!

hand to forehead at falstad that fight

g2 keep getting the vp, but backing off the hb, they seem to want to play really safe, it totally paid off
great game

brian!

yeah, straight to core is a hallmark of this game, mainly past lvl 16
the map objective on maps where you summon big doods becomes way more important as the game goes on

Spl1nter

yeah, straight to core is a hallmark of this game, mainly past lvl 16
the map objective on maps where you summon big doods becomes way more important as the game goes on

I was in a hero league game and we wiped out 3-4 of the other team. Our muradin went straight for core, not knowing you have to take out at least 1 keep first.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
A6uDpJa.png

NQDJilk.png

Am I wrong in thinking that both these games were lost at the draft? The 2nd much more than the 1st, which was lost because their disruption/initiation/tankiness was too much to deal with. Our ETC was almost never at fights and it never made a difference when he was..

I guess I should just play HL because losing QMs to short straw drafting is awful even if its just 15-20 mins at a time

Also is there a way to find my winrate with a specific character? Tyrande has been a pretty shit experience outside of damage amp and scouting
imo, no game is lost at draft

just a bad way of thinking tbh. especially since its not like league or Dota where a large early game mismatch can lead to irreversible lead advantages later on.

Twookie

just lost a coop match, the tilt is real

it really feels like launchpeople doesn't know what objectives are

edit: can't wait for said spoilered stuff, sadly we knew these were coming, i were hoping for some completely new stuff we didn't know yet :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Twookie

I hope that map doesn't have the standard pick up something and then pay/get rewarded, and it's just that kill enemy npc to get friendly npc destroy things

kirblar

I hope that map doesn't have the standard pick up something and then pay/get rewarded, and it's just that kill enemy npc to get friendly npc destroy things
It looks like you have to kill the boss on the enemy's side to get yours to activate. No other mechanics shown yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom