• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys how do I play with you fellas?

Should I buy the nexus pack? Never thought I'd throw money in a F2P game or should I just be patient an unlock heroes one by one?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So I'm playing as Muradin and I feel like I have no control over the game. I'm just there... taking damage... not dying... but not dealing damage either... soooo slow ._.
It's okay, we lost anyway haha.

Maybe next time <3
Was fun talking to you backslash! Hope to talk to ya'll abit more tomorrow when EU-GAF wakes up :D

kirblar

Should I buy the nexus pack? Never thought I'd throw money in a F2P game or should I just be patient an unlock heroes one by one?
Definitely get starter. If you want the extra Goodies, Nexus Pack is a good deal. If you don't, just do the weekly rotating sales only.

I think the 4 dollar pack or whatever is worth it. It's the only thing I've purchased with real money. You get enough gold by just playing.

Alur

Yeah I'm actually certain that I want to make the jump to Mumble now that I think about it.

I mean, it is certainly only a positive thing. Why spread EU and NA apart? I think we should all share the same voice program and server to increase the HYPE... oh and we get to learn more about each other too, I guess :p

I hoped you guys would make your way over eventually.

We gotta mesh all these wonderful accents together to create a true blend of HOTS GAF awesome.

Does anyone actually use the Mumble :D

So far the only folks I've seen using it are when myself/Milly79/davemo start a group, or people who've grouped with us in there have used it for their own GAF group twice.

For the most part I don't think people know it exists. Beyond that, I don't think newer players realize what a difference it makes when playing with someone to be on VOIP.

People need to just form groups and get on there and utilize it. It makes a world of difference, plus you get to know each other a little better when there's a voice behind username xRAISEURDONGERZx#1561. :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I hoped you guys would make your way over eventually.

We gotta mesh all these wonderful accents together to create a true blend of HOTS GAF awesome.
Yeeeeeaah! Starting tomorrow, Alur! Gonna be fun :)
Thinking about getting in on this HoTS fun
Oh wow, didn't expect this :D I totally think you should at least try it out and see if you enjoy it! Welcome to the storm, Ashodin!

Ashodin is NA btw, so you guys will have gotten a top tier person, so congrats to that :3

Ashodin

Yeeeeeaah! Starting tomorrow, Alur! Gonna be fun :)

Oh wow, didn't expect this :D I totally think you should at least try it out and see if you enjoy it! Welcome to the storm, Ashodin!

Ashodin is NA btw, so you guys will have gotten a top tier person, so congrats to that :3

Well I still would need to play through the tutorial, and I heard about some sort of $4 thing?

gryvan

I was tetron in mumble~

and yeah I would love to start a mumble group for games

like say tomorrow because its Saturday!

Opiate

Mumble isn't finding the hostname for the mumble server listed on the google doc spreadsheet. Doing something wrong here?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
wait murky really does that ridiculous amount of damage with his ult?

holy shit lol

i guess i need to try murky

my whole perception of him has changed completely now...used to think he was just a squishy hero that annoys people
His level 20 has upgraded damage, but won't solo kill enemy heroes unless you drop a pufferfish down first. You can upgrade the puffer to try to ensure this, but I prefer taking bubble upgrades (lower cd, healing) which have allowed me to chain 1v1 kill people (especially melee heroes) even without octograb. Aside from pufferfish you can also slime immediately after octograb to double-ensure they go down.

Dice

That review is basically "Actually requires teamwork. That sucks." and the whole idea that laning is the main objective and the others are secondary distractions is just DOTA-disease talking.

That review is basically "Actually requires teamwork. That sucks." and the whole idea that laning is the main objective and the others are secondary distractions is just DOTA-disease talking.

Yah its pretty bad. Apparently he has only played like 20 games total and did his review off of that.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
damnit game

why is there a cap on exp earned from AI games? I have an entire roster to practice up with. blizzard pls

Dice

why is there a cap on exp earned from AI games? I have an entire roster to practice up with. blizzard pls
Yeah that got super annoying when I was just trying to unlock all the talents on my heroes after buying the Nexus Bundle.

Quesa

I think I've hit a slump where I have no idea how to win. I'm just getting rolled every game, or worse we throw huge leads. It'd be funny if it wasn't so frustrating.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think I've hit a slump where I have no idea how to win. I'm just getting rolled every game, or worse we throw huge leads. It'd be funny if it wasn't so frustrating.

Go play some DOTA 2 to cool down.
wink.gif

God I'm so happy I have this game, I've grown so tired of league. And by that I mean I can win lane and go 15/7/12 and still lose. At least here if I'm doing well it's helping the entire team instead of just me getting big. The game certainly needs a little more polish but I'm 100% enjoying it. To think I almost didn't play it at all until a cute girl told me about it. Thank you mystery lady.

That being said I'm still getting used to the game and the modes/maps so I'd probably play terribly with any of you folks who know what you're doing.

ucdawg12

just gotta keep playing, get experience and probably read some general or hero-specific guides on figuring out what your priorities should be at any given time.

pigeon

Banned
Where the hell is my Rock N Roll Racing hero? Blizzard please.

Ideally you'd have to choose a car every time you went back to the altar, with slightly different stats and abilities.

Alur

Opiate, I had went AFK and didn't realize you were there. Was talking to my wife without the headset. Didn't want you to think I was ignoring you! We were playing as three and quit just before you came back I guess.

EDIT: also, gg backslashbunny! Thanks for joining us. :D

Alur

Heroes of the Storm SEA Championship - Singapore Qualifier #1 is streaming.

Part of the leadup to Blizzcon if I'm not mistaken.

Twitch link.

EDIT: Also d-d-double post.

Carm

damnit game

I wish I had known this before buying the starter bundle earlier today. I installed the game extremely early Friday morning, did the tutorial, then played a couple of ai games by myself. A friend eventually logged on battle.net and started to play with me, I was starting to actually enjoy it. Earlier this evening got another friend to play against the ai, we were enjoying to the point of all of us buying the starter bundle.

Then I got hit with the xp cap. As someone who has zero intention of ever playing against a human opponent in the game, and up until now have avoided all mobas after LoL experiences years ago, this is extremely disappointing to find out after spending money. I doubt they'd give me a refund on it at this point though, so lesson learned, plus it was only five bucks, I'd be more upset if it was the standard prices.

Complistic

I wish I had known this before buying the starter bundle earlier today. I installed the game extremely early Friday morning, did the tutorial, then played a couple of ai games by myself. A friend eventually logged on battle.net and started to play with me, I was starting to actually enjoy it. Earlier this evening got another friend to play against the ai, we were enjoying to the point of all of us buying the starter bundle.

Then I got hit with the xp cap. As someone who has zero intention of ever playing against a human opponent in the game, and up until now have avoided all mobas after LoL experiences years ago, this is extremely disappointing to find out after spending money. I doubt they'd give me a refund on it at this point though, so lesson learned.

You should definitely give quick match a go. You get more gold in quickmatch, even if you lose and winning against the AI every game once you understand how they function has to get boring eventually.

Alex

Yah its pretty bad. Apparently he has only played like 20 games total and did his review off of that.

It's the one who called the entire userbase "rabid" not because of any poor behavior, the remarks I saw were actually really civil, but because people called him out on Twitter for not having any experience or understanding most of the basic facets of the game

I still like this back n' forth someone posted on Reddit: http://imgur.com/a/RXu9M

I don't have much interest in any media reviews beyond occasional RPS write ups but that podcast and the twitter interactions were entertaining in their own way.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Was there a no support team? I missed it while I was AFK.

LUPI just fielded a team with Tyrael as the closest thing to support.

They actually did pretty well - lost a few team fights because they just weren't coordinated and Sylv made a clutch game losing throw at the end to seal it. They could've won imo.

Alur

That's interesting. On THH (via Jake and Fan) they have touched on how different they have heard the scene is in SEA, so I guess I'm not too surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom