• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

Forgot about this earlier.

Tempo Storm launched the Heroes of the Storm side of their website Friday. Bunch of guides by the Tempo Storm players as well as a section for player made guides a-la Heroes Fire.

There's also this neat little guide on playing Dragon Shire from Dreadnaught.

Any NA hotsgaf up for some QM? These pug matches have been rough.

Looks like there's a group going on in Mumble right now. I see 4 people, maybe there is a spot?

Moff

I wish I had known this before buying the starter bundle earlier today. I installed the game extremely early Friday morning, did the tutorial, then played a couple of ai games by myself. A friend eventually logged on battle.net and started to play with me, I was starting to actually enjoy it. Earlier this evening got another friend to play against the ai, we were enjoying to the point of all of us buying the starter bundle.

Then I got hit with the xp cap. As someone who has zero intention of ever playing against a human opponent in the game, and up until now have avoided all mobas after LoL experiences years ago, this is extremely disappointing to find out after spending money. I doubt they'd give me a refund on it at this point though, so lesson learned, plus it was only five bucks, I'd be more upset if it was the standard prices.

I just read up on this, is this only a daily cap? then at least for me it's not that bad.
if it was a permanent cap it would bother me a lot because I am super uncomfortable playing an unkown hero in quickmatch

Complistic

I just read up on this, is this only a daily cap? then at least for me it's not that bad.
if it was a permanent cap it would bother me a lot because I am super uncomfortable playing an unkown hero in quickmatch

I just looked it up as well, it does look like it's daily. At least according to a reddit thread.

Alur

It is a daily limit, yes.

I'm assuming it's there to limit botting for gold should that ever really attempt to become a big thing. It also kind of conveniently doubles as a way to encourage people to get into Quick Match/PVP which is the lifeblood of the game.

And seriously guys, start using mumble. Alur pays for it!

Sir, we need you paypal details to financially endorse your actions..

Where the hell is my Rock N Roll Racing hero? Blizzard please.

Ideally you'd have to choose a car every time you went back to the altar, with slightly different stats and abilities.

OOOOOH!! Hands shaking frorm extiment! I used tp play that game a lot! That would be so swheet! At least give us a mount that plays, every time you mount it:
https://youtu.be/1sPrZW2wXP4?t=1m1s

Oh that would be so fucking sweeet! I would only roam the map with my rock'nroll racing mount, hair swirling in the wind! :D

oooh! yellow it has to be yellow!

Mechazawa

I'm getting a little tired of constantly matching up with people who have played less than 20 games. The luster of slapping around Illidans that have no idea what they're doing doesn't offset the soulcrushing lack of map awareness from teammates. I want to play games where the main point of contention is misguided or wrong calls, not teammates abandoning 5v5 teamfights to grab a siege literally 10 feet behind us and proceeding to get wiped out because oh wow you were grabbing that siege 10 feet behind us.

Surely the population is high enough now that this shouldn't be necessary.

Had some amazing and awful Johanna games tonight. She's probably the best pure tank out of all the warriors. Better than Chen because you can't interrupt her. It's just a question of what's on CD with Johanna. The amount of punishment she can take and keep fighting, especially with a pocket healer, is absurd. But man, when you don't have anyone backing you up, all you do is very little damage and die slowly. There were a number of games I wished I was Muradin or Chen so I could just "nope" my way out of teamfights gone wrong tonight. Falling Sword is great for that when it's off cooldown but Dwarf Toss and Dive Kick have significantly smaller CD's.

Having a solid Uther healing and backing you up with stuns and then Jaina, Kael'thas, Raynor, Falstad or Valla just standing in the background wrecking everyone from afar is awesome though. You just bully your way into the middle of the enemy team and disrupt them enough while your DPS murders them. Muradin's a pretty awesome teamfight partner for Johanna as well, the CC is so real.

Omg! That was the worst Co-op team I've ever had, and my first co-op lose.. Everyone was afk'ing.. Myself included.. fetching coffee.. Tychus decided that camping the top lane on our side at the first gate was enough, while pinging the defend the core, while the 3/5 were trying to do something.

Playing malfurion also left me really unable to really make any difference other trying to keep the other two alive. When they actually were playing :)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Gazlowes
facepalm.gif

"I'm going to build pve and do camps"
facepalm.gif

I'm not sure which hero I'm more scared of to see on my team, Azmodan (not being able to hit basketballs, ever), Gazlowe (trying to solo a boss while we're getting our shit pushed in), or Nova (I'm going to stand around being useless until you guys do something and then snipe for the kill, oops I missed snipe teehee)

Godan

So been playing this for about 2 days and people don't seem to understand that exp at the start is important or that if in 3 lanes we have 3 top, none mid and 2 bot that we are missing out on a lot of exp mid.

Heroes SEA Championship - Singapore Qualifier 1

http://www.twitch.tv/blizzheroessea

Watching this and the european yesterday, has really made me realise the significance of those level 18+ team fights and the fragile nature of "the lead"... late game team fights really can turn a game, even if one of the team wonders to deep, gets wiped you are immediatly 4v5, and have a big chance of being wiped,a and since wiping 4/5 gives a solid chance for either core rush, or boss, and the other team basically cannot lose anymore.

spk

A6uDpJa.png

NQDJilk.png

Am I wrong in thinking that both these games were lost at the draft? The 2nd much more than the 1st, which was lost because their disruption/initiation/tankiness was too much to deal with. Our ETC was almost never at fights and it never made a difference when he was..

I guess I should just play HL because losing QMs to short straw drafting is awful even if its just 15-20 mins at a time

Also is there a way to find my winrate with a specific character? Tyrande has been a pretty shit experience outside of damage amp and scouting

Xater

So been playing this for about 2 days and people don't seem to understand that exp at the start is important or that if in 3 lanes we have 3 top, none mid and 2 bot that we are missing out on a lot of exp mid.

Lots of new people right now that might not even have played any MOBA before. Give it some time and also your matchmaking should hopefully improve.

Also said fuck it today and unlocked Uther, so I am ready to do max healing for the next GAF stack we are having.

carlsojo

Ugh and then when I try a new character I get yelled at for not choosing certain talents that I haven't unlocked yet. Super cool.

Indignate

Talent gating was the dumbest thing this game did, until they made it so that level 25 just unlocks all talents.

Now it's only a dumb thing cuz 25 is too high.

It should be 15 at most.

Or you know, just removed entirely.

Xater

Talent gating was the dumbest thing this game did, until they made it so that level 25 just unlocks all talents.

Now it's only a dumb thing cuz 25 is too high.

It should be 15 at most.

Or you know, just removed entirely.

It should probably be at whatever level you unlock the second extra free hero.

-Digits-

I honestly think talent gating shouldn't be a thing at all. Most builds based on starter talents don't make any sense at all.

Maledict

Just read IGN's review. Ouch.

It's utterly dreadful. I do wonder why games magazines do this sometimes.

Not only is it factually inaccurate - it's written by a Dota 2 fanatic, who has a big issue with the fact it's not Dota 2. Complaining about the map objectives distracting you from laning is.... boggling?

Raxus

I was warned in advance IGN's review was going to be a hatchet job. I am awaiting the Gametrailers review since they seem to embrace the game more for what it is actually aimed for.

A6uDpJa.png

NQDJilk.png

Am I wrong in thinking that both these games were lost at the draft? The 2nd much more than the 1st, which was lost because their disruption/initiation/tankiness was too much to deal with. Our ETC was almost never at fights and it never made a difference when he was..

I guess I should just play HL because losing QMs to short straw drafting is awful even if its just 15-20 mins at a time

Also is there a way to find my winrate with a specific character? Tyrande has been a pretty shit experience outside of damage amp and scouting

Tyrande is a weak solo support. Stronger than Tassadar, but still weak. If you're queueing as Tyrande or Tassadar in quickmatch, you're most likely going to have a bad time.

If you upload your replays to hotslogs.com, you can view your individual win rate for all the heroes.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Waking up to the IGN review. God, that shit made me frustrated.

Anyway, good morning people! Are we ready to jump ship to Mumble today :D?

Alavard

Just read IGN's review. Ouch.

If it makes you feel any better, Kotaku's review was pretty glowing, and Polygon's was quite positive as well (the stuff they liked, they *really* liked). And no blatant factual errors in either of them.

Zafir

If it makes you feel any better, Kotaku's review was pretty glowing, and Polygon's was quite positive as well (the stuff they liked, they *really* liked). And no blatant factual errors in either of them.

Eurogamers was very positive too.

IGN's review just reads like a guy who has already dedicated his life to other MOBAs and doesn't really want or like change. Fair enough I suppose. I imagine there's quite a few like that. I don't think Blizzard's intentions were ever to try and convert people who already play Dota 2 or LoL religiously. It seemed like they wanted to bring in the people who have been put off by the current offerings for various reasons.

kirblar

It's ok to not like a game. It's not ok to just get everything wrong about it and show you that you actually never really understood it.

Indignate

It's a moba. Traditional reviews don't matter anymore than they do for an MMO.

Especially those of a site who gave God Hand a 3/10 amirite
wink.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Done with solo QM today. Three games in a row and I already feel like shoving sharp things up my asshole :).

-Digits-

That's the second time I queue up a coop game as Azmodan and end up in QM. I even double checked this time to make sure it didn't happen again. What the hell, guys.

Kssio_Aug

I think I've hit a slump where I have no idea how to win. I'm just getting rolled every game, or worse we throw huge leads. It'd be funny if it wasn't so frustrating.
The problem with Quick Match is that you will have some glorious couple days winning almost everything, but also some couple days losing everything. That happens because of how the game balance the teams based on its W/L ratio. Hopefully Blizard will improve it later.

I would recommend you to play some enemy A.I games with real co-op partners. This way you will most certainly will, and be able to test the characters and take a look in which are the ones you enjoy the most to play with.

So I just tried Falstad out... I think I'm going to like him, hes got some crazy burst damage and his auto attack isnt half bad either.

Yoshichan

Sorry for my post above.
so mumble is the bees knees now?

guess i'll hop aboard mumble too next time
Yeah, Mumble is the place to be at now!

I'm currently in the AFK channel, I'll join you guys (both in Mumble and in-game) as soon as I'm done with a few RL situations. It might take a few hours though, so start a group without me!

Zafir

Well, there goes the idea of playing hots. "No game sites were available to start a game. Please try again later."

Edit: US server still working. Guess it's time to get my 'murican account up.

Well, there goes the idea of playing hots. "No game sites were available to start a game. Please try again later."

Edit: US server still working. Guess it's time to get my 'murican account up.

Seems to be working again. At least the euro ETS finals are playing..

Dubz

Been playing LiLi and having a lot of fun. This is the first MOBA that I actually enjoy. I've just been playing AI matches for now, but I'm interested in trying mp when u get a grasp of the maps and what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom