• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alavard

I've been saying for a while that we needed a hero with multiple forms/stances (Rexxar doesn't count), so Graymane fits perfectly right in.

Alavard

Heh, it totally works out for me that my GF got the virtual ticket in our household. I should be able to earn my Cho'Gall very quickly.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
i am going to world first level 10 tracer

I GET A GORILLA PET IN WOW. I'm buying Overwatch.

yea she's got sekuchi in the form of dash, swarm in form of sticky grenade, and time lapse.

There's just so much overlap with MOBAs and whatever the hell we're classifying Overwatch as. Hero shooter I think it is? If it's fun, I'm not going to complain.

The asian chick in the parka looks like Crystal Maiden, she even has a Frost Nova.

Did they mention whether or not all future characters are included in the base game? It sounds like blizz isn't going F2P with this. If it's not F2P and I get all the characters forever then I'm totally fine with that.

Ketch

so the questions i have about over watch now are:

will they add new heroes after launch, and how will they handle monetizing new heroes?

Alavard

Did they mention whether or not all future characters are included in the base game? It sounds like blizz isn't going F2P with this. If it's not F2P and I get all the characters forever then I'm totally fine with that.

I'm not sure. The origin edition specifically says the number of heroes and skins you receive, so it almost sounds like they'll release more heroes later down the line and make you pay for them.

so the questions i have about over watch now are:

will they add new heroes after launch, and how will they handle monetizing new heroes?

It looks like the base version of a free to play game. My guess is future maps and modes will be free to not split the playerbase, while future heroes and skins will be purchasable DLC.

Strider

I'm not sure. The origin edition specifically says the number of heroes and skins you receive, so it almost sounds like they'll release more heroes later down the line and make you pay for them.

Yea I think the likely scenario is dlc packs that include heroes and possibly maps... Although hopefully maps are free.

And cosmetic micro transactions are a given too

Alavard

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes/chogall/

"CHO'GALL BUDDY BRAWL
NOVEMBER 17 - JANUARY 1, 2016
Party with a friend who already owns Cho’gall and win two games as either head to permanently unlock this Hero for yourself. If you've already unlocked Cho'gall, you can earn yourself a nice lump of gold by helping your friends unlock him too. Win four games while playing as either head with someone who hasn’t unlocked Cho’gall to cash in."

"Cho’gall is a unique two-headed Hero for two players. Each head is controlled by a single player and has its own set of abilities. The Cho head controls Cho’gall’s movement; wherever Cho goes, Gall follows. When Cho and Gall stop arguing and work together, they can set up powerful combos. If you or your friend owns Cho’gall, you’ll both select a head then queue up to terrorize the Nexus together!"

Also, info about the quests that spread the Cho'Gall unlock are in there as are all his abilities. Toggle between Cho and Gall at the top to flip between them.

Alur

What I want to know is who controls the movement of Cho'Gall? Which head?

EDIT: Cho head controls the movement.

Man, there are some buzzkills in the Blizzcon thread.

c78.gif

I'm never surprised anymore. People always salty about something.

kirblar

Yup, next patch is Tuesday after next, as expected. I wonder if those smooth-out stat changes are going live any time soon.

Alur

It is funny some people are so salty that all (current at least) heroes are included in the OW pack and it's not F2P, yet are also the same people pissed about the HOTS F2P format.

Like, for what you get, it's a far better value.

Ketch

Did they announce the pricing scheme for overwatch or ways to enter the beta?

no. just that all heroes will be available when you buy overwatch and simultaneous realease for ps4/xbone/pc

I'm really not into fps, but if a bunch of HOTSGAF goes in on it I'll probably bite to play with friends.

also, wow arena seems so impenetrable to me. Like all of those clips looks like literally nothing happens and then a dude falls over.

Alur

$40 for all heroes (PC only). $60 for all heroes + skins and bonus shit in other games (PC/PS4/XB1). $130 collector's.

No way to buy into beta yet.

PS4/XB1 can't get the $40 version which makes sense, like Ketch said the last few days. Overhead is too high.

Maledict

Yup, next patch is Tuesday after next, as expected. I wonder if those smooth-out stat changes are going live any time soon.

My understanding was they got a lot of negative feedback about the stats thing, so not sure if it will go live at all. It really homogonised a lot of heroes for no real benefit.

Alur

That's the part we don't know. If more heroes will be coming and if the updates will cost money, etc etc. Maybe we'll find out more later on in Blizzcon.

Where did you see the confirmation of patch date, kirblar?

kirblar

My understanding was they got a lot of negative feedback about the stats thing, so not sure if it will go live at all. It really homogonised a lot of heroes for no real benefit.
My understanding was that it homogenized play from 1->20 so that level 1 played much more like level 15- tanks actually had tanky HP, assassins could blow people up, etc - not that it actually homogenized individual heroes. (Unless you mean the "good in late vs good in early" thing.) They clearly need to do something about the snowballing.

It is funny some people are so salty that all (current at least) heroes are included in the OW pack and it's not F2P, yet are also the same people pissed about the HOTS F2P format.

Like, for what you get, it's a far better value.

The problem is the way it's formulated makes it sound like it'll be a B2P game that will go on to have a f2p monetization scheme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom