• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

Pretty sure it's his base and each of you just choose if you want to carry or ride. It randoms between the two picks and you see what you get when you load in.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yep, me and Yoshi are second class citizens for Blizzard.
the dream is to get a green card and become first class soldier

edit: i mean citizen

Maledict

Double post - is there currently a bot for Hammer going around or something? I've been grinding AI matches quickly just to finish the hallows end quest (haven't had much time this week), and I've noticed a couple of Hammer players who are clearly botting. Not only do they not respond to messages, solo lane the entire game, but even when the entire team is on the core they prioritise earlier structures on the map instead.

I loathe free Hammer weeks in general to be honest - so many people think that just because she *can* kill a tower solo, that's what she is for. Not only is it a tactic that very rarely works, it also makes the game unfun for everyone else as you're always outnumbered.

these EU games Khaldor is casting are so trash tier

FeelsBadMan

I guess with all the roster swaps that's to be expected, but there are literally like no good teams right now

Alur

the dream is to get a green card and become first class soldier

edit: i mean citizen

You're already gonna be first class streamer. I'm just waiting to sub.

Double post - is there currently a bot for Hammer going around or something? I've been grinding AI matches quickly just to finish the hallows end quest (haven't had much time this week), and I've noticed a couple of Hammer players who are clearly botting. Not only do they not respond to messages, solo lane the entire game, but even when the entire team is on the core they prioritise earlier structures on the map instead.

I loathe free Hammer weeks in general to be honest - so many people think that just because she *can* kill a tower solo, that's what she is for. Not only is it a tactic that very rarely works, it also makes the game unfun for everyone else as you're always outnumbered.

Would not surprise me in the least. I haven't seen that yet myself, but don't doubt it and we already know they had some running for Training games and AI to farm gold and account levels. So long as they stay there I won't get too up in arms (and why wouldn't they, honestly?), but hopefully Blizzard gets em once a month anyway just for shits and giggles.

Blizzard should just give me Cho'gall for free since they'll release it on my birthday in EU.

I'd give you the Cho'Gall virus but you're an EU pleb and I'm just a flag wavin' 'murican. :(

I'd rather they moved me up 200 points in MMR for my birthday because there's no climbing out of this hole with their current system

Maybe if I play nothing but Muradin or Uther for a month

Wednesday at noon Central US time, anyone gonna be online and want to party with me for some Cho'Gall action? I'll have him so I just need a GAF bro to play him with. First reply gets me reserved at noon on Wednesday!

I won't be available Tuesday sadly. Probably will have from noon to 2 or maybe 3 to play on Wednesday.

Celegus

So pumped for Cho'Gall. Hopefully I can find someone to party up with asap to unlock him! He looks like the perfect hero for my wife and I to play together as we're right next to each other, since she's intimidated by positioning and such (hasn't played much, but watches me and lots of tournaments). I can steer and she can nuke!

Alur

Those Korean sponsors are just GTFOing the HOTS scene looks like. At this rate NA and EU won't have to worry about Korea next year. A bit hyperbolic, sure, but it definitely seems like they aren't very interested.

Syf

Banned
Those Korean sponsors are just GTFOing the HOTS scene looks like. At this rate NA and EU won't have to worry about Korea next year. A bit hyperbolic, sure, but it definitely seems like they aren't very interested.
Korea is so into LoL it's hard for any other MOBA to gain traction there. Even Dota 2 can't really attract a major sponsor; I think MVP is still the only KeSPA team.

Silvawuff

It would be awful getting stuck with a troll pug Cho'gall head that spends the game feeding or dancing in a corner and there's nothing you can do about it. Then we could call him Troll'gall.

Party up makes sense.

ucdawg12

I'm hopeful that since Blizzard is sponsoring regional tournaments somewhat frequently (almost as frequently as there used to be OGN seasons in League), that the Korean scene will be fine because there will be events. If you look at the first few seasons of OGN Champions, they were not full of the megacompany-owned teams like the OGN of today and that did not stop OGN from being a viable outlet for Korean talent. I don't expect Heroes to ever really compete with League or maybe ever get sponsors like SKT or Samsung, but the scene should still be fine and continue to develop with Blizzard's financial support. I much preferred OGN Super League to Western games.

Alur

I think even with the party feature the experience will likely be so bad for others due to bad laning combinations and being outnumbered in bodies that we'll still refer to him as Troll'Gall. Sort of like what we see with Abathur. The few good Abby's suffer due to the plethora of bad Abby's or decent Abby's paired with terrible comps in QM.

Thankfully they changed the early snowball experience before he came in (and partially because of him from what kirblar said).

kirblar

The breakpoint is now a 3+ level lead. If you get that far ahead, it's probably going to snowball.

If you're that far ahead though? That's probably a good thing.

Milly79

I gotta admit I'm pretty damn hype for the next 3 heroes coming out. Sure, it was my first Blizzcon announcement, but they absolutely killed it.

Lunara > Cho'gall > Greymane

Ketch

I think even with the party feature the experience will likely be so bad for others due to bad laning combinations and being outnumbered in bodies that we'll still refer to him as Troll'Gall. Sort of like what we see with Abathur. The few good Abby's suffer due to the plethora of bad Abby's or decent Abby's paired with terrible comps in QM.

Thankfully they changed the early snowball experience before he came in (and partially because of him from what kirblar said).

I dont know. cho'gall soloing a lane wont be any worse then having a nova or zeratul on your team in QM.

Alur

That's kinda my point though. Heroes like Abby, Zeratul, and Nova are prime examples of heroes people look at as troll picks because of how much pressure they put on the rest of the team.

In theory Cho'gall should be able to lane fine, but if even one of your other three can't (say you roll into double support - Uther + Medic or something - the kind of weird shit that happens often in QM) it'll be a problem for the team as a whole. And then if you get unlucky and get a map like Dragon Shire I expect the QQ to be even worse.

EDIT: Should clarify I think he's gonna be fun. Great addition to the game and looking forward to him. His gimmick has all the hallmarks of everything this thread and reddit and everywhere else has complained about due to matchmaking in Quick Match, though, and that's probably where we'll see him the most. I suppose he could come out of the gate ridiculously OP and be able to basically carry, but even if he can that'll be gone within a month or two a-la Thrall and you'll still be stuck with a dude leaving a bunch of randoms down one body to soak, hold and capture objectives, and participate in fights. It won't be quite like how useless Abathur's evolution seems a lot of the time in QM because he has talents and won't be time-limited, but it'll take some adjusting of playstyles and people have shown no aptitude for that.

I'm assuming Cho'gall can't grab the Dragon Knight or Terror

Will be really amazing if Cho'gall is the only one up and your terror rots

Cho'gall with Abby hat should be fun, like having another extra head

Who do you report if Cho is a twat and Gall is a sweetie

Alur

When you grab the Terror or DK it allows you to continue using your abilities as Gall, actually. So Cho controls the terror while you still do your thing as Gall from inside the terror. I posted Browder's tweet about this a few pages back.

Alur

Can't remember if they said he only copies Cho or only copies Gall. Think it's Cho, but I'm sure a little digging could find it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I gotta admit I'm pretty damn hype for the next 3 heroes coming out. Sure, it was my first Blizzcon announcement, but they absolutely killed it.

Lunara > Cho'gall > Greymane
Cho for the innovative idea > rest

kirblar

So yesterday I introduced a LOL player (13/F) to the game. At the end of the session, I was asked the following question:

Does the game announce your kills?

She was very disappointed that they were grouped together when the message popped up.

I believe the survey guys now.

Alur

I'm most excited for Greymane.

3 different people, 3 different opinions. You all must conform!

I will admit to being more excited for Lunara now that we know her damage potential. Just based on the skin I was expecting another hybrid support.

patchday

My team had 2 supports: Tyrande and Li Li plus Falstad, Zagara, and Tyrael

Enemy: Raynor, Uther, Tychus, Nova, and Artanis

We were down by two levels and getting stomp. Enemy team kept grabbing Dragon Knight. I finally decide to park my Tyrande in a bush beside Dragon knight. Let teammates take shrines while I took the Dragon knight. And after it wore off, flee fast via Night stalk (cloak)

Worked great. Getting pretty good win rate with Tyrande, Raynor, and Uther in ranked

So yesterday I introduced a LOL player (13/F) to the game. At the end of the session, I was asked the following question:

Does the game announce your kills?

She was very disappointed that they were grouped together when the message popped up.

I believe the survey guys now.

I play LoL too and that is one of the best parts. Such as hearing "Unstoppable" and "Legendary!". The announcer in this game does go, "Heroes of the Storm!" which is pretty cool but not quite as satisfying.

CasualTR

Banned
Is it possible to stay competitive in this game without buying packs with real cash now?

I remember getting absolutely destroyed against players with massively diverse decks of high-end cards.

brian!

I feel like the card mount is pretty good and posts a high winrate but probably not enough to warrant dropping cash on it i hope this answers your question

Alur

Is it possible to stay competitive in this game without buying packs with real cash now?

I remember getting absolutely destroyed against players with massively diverse decks of high-end cards.

Yeah the hearthstone cardback mount is definitely OP, but I don't know that it's that OP.
wrong thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom