• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.
The heaven side of the new map seems really bland, the hell side seems cool, but that heaven really needs something to make it more interesting.

That's her master skin third color. It's an awesome skin and super popular.
tyrande-master-pink.png

OMG I NEED THIS!

jetsetrez

The objective on this map seems really neat.

Also sad that SC stuff is so far off, you would think SC content would be the easiest for them to integrate.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
read a bunch of new stuff on the heroesnexus site. curious how they are "building" the world of HotS with the maps that are currently released.

Not sure if I entirely dig the idea of long events for each game because then when they get through their games, will they just go back to them? i like it but i don't at the same time, i guess.

Alur

Those immortals fighting in mid was pretty neat. I hope it doesn't turn into something like replays of RPGs or other games though, where you're like "why can't I skip this cutscene".

nbraun80

I think a D2 shoutout with a necro or druid hero would be interesting. That or Deckard Cain, he can have a charm that forces you to listen to a monologue. Also the cow king as a hero or a cow mount.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Diablo long-panning his breath over a bunch of nothing to touch Johanna at the end when it started on half-health Rehgar. -__-

Celegus

Could the Monk be a support? Never played the class in D3, so not sure what their role is.

I'd imagine a Monk in HotS would have to be support. Their mantras and other abilities are very support-oriented in D3 (even though zdps crusader and WD are more useful)

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
This map looks great. A long-contested objective like Dragon Shire, except it isn't required to be all split up. Still good stuff going on with mercs and balance of powers in different lanes, and a nice long pause after you know an immortal has been secured to be able to heal up before engagement with it. It also goes for the strongest lane so it's not crazy snowbally. Seems like a wonderful design.

Edit: "And this is a point when you really need to start thinking..." Uh, not really. When you have a bare core vs multiple defenses things are pretty straightforward.

Alur

PTR for map and The Butcher on June 23rd.

Releasing on June 30th.

READY

I would assume the PTR change is part of what is gonna allow them to get stuff out quicker - find those bugs in larger testing groups.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'll be in Japan when this patch comes out ._.

Zafir

I'll miss the PTR release since I'm away, but will be home in time for the proper release. :>

I'm not sure what to think about the new map, it sure looks fancy but mechanics wise I don't really know until I try it I guess.

kirblar

Reading the Heroes Nexus press conference Q/A - it's noted that a lot of talents have been removed or altered in the build they have there. (front page of http://www.heroesnexus.com )

They also have a list of Butcher's talents. He has Envenom at level 4. He does not have B4B at level 16. He only has 3 level 16 talents.

Dare we hope?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'd rather be on a trip to Japan than playing a map and hero we'll have forever :D
Yeah but I'd like to enjoy big patches/events with the community! I hate being LttP with stuff like these.

TheYanger

Kael is pretty close to jaina in many ways, but that also might make the overlap unappealing. I would never buy a 10k hero without playing them first. It's a lot of gold to 'waste'

There's going to be another map using this tileset- that must be the one we saw at Blizzcon.

The blizzcon art was concept, they showed it on the stream, it's definitely the same map.

Alur

If I like to play Jaina and Lili who should I buy next? Brightwing or Kael? I'm like super close to 10k.

No support is really too close in similarity to Lili since her heal is targetable by positioning instead of actually targetable. Brightwing is a fun choice, though.

As for Kael, he's like Jaina but weaker early and less mobile. He makes up for it late and is excellent at zoning in team fights and the like.

EDIT: And what TheYanger said. I wouldn't buy anyone without trying em out first to 5. Especially a 10k gold hero. If you're using money YMMV, but gold...ehhh.

If I like to play Jaina and Lili who should I buy next? Brightwing or Kael? I'm like super close to 10k.

Brightwing is my favorite support, but she doesn't do burst heals; she autoheals herself and nearby allies every 5 seconds. She also has Polymorph and can teleport to any ally (instead of having a mount). She's a good counter to Illidan but weak to burst DPS (Nova).

Vamphuntr

Thanks for the input guys. I already tried them both in the 1vs1 in the store. I guess I can wait until they are in the free rotation at worse if I can't choose.

Milly79

You can already tell Lamb is gonna be the go-to ult. 60 second deletion basically. 90s for his other ult? Makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom